• Group: Members
  • Member No.: 17491

Posted 18 April 2008 - 12:16 PM

View PostXaio-chan, on Mar 25 2008, 01:48 PM, said:

i keep changing who i want to cosplay!
DX
now its amulet clover from shugo chara!
ink ((school uniform)) from moe-tan
and i still dont know what or who to cosplay for my 3rd outfit.
this will all probably change though XD

yay shugo chara! hey, I'm planning on cosplaying Amu, so we should meet up. I'm about 50% done. I really hoe you stick with this, because it would be really cute :)

#122 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3740

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:17 PM

I love that this thread is here! Even though one doesn't get feedback or compliments or anything, I like being able to post my progress because it makes me feel like I'm getting work done, and motivates me to keep going so that I can continue to update! XD

Anyhoo, I just sewed the sleeves onto my Honey jacket (after redoing them 3 times - I hate sleeves!!), so now I need to do the lining, add the collar, then hem it all before finishing it with the patch. Now I'm going to try and attach the sleeves to Mori's jacket!
ACen '11 cosplay line-up:
Friday: Zidane Tribal (with Amarant) from Final Fantasy IX
Saturday: Fuu (artbook dress) from Magic Knight Rayearth
Sunday: Probably nothing :(

Check out my group's Tsubasa skit! :D
My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#123 User is offline   Dark Rho 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17953

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:18 PM

Whoo, this should be a mouthful or so. x_o

Dark Mousy (DNAngel):This is most likely going to be my biggest costume this year. I am finished with the leather pants and belt as well as the trench coat. I need to add in some chains and rings so that I can attach fangirl/boy leashes to it and I have to finish up my collar/choker thing. Since I won't be wearing a shirt, the attire itself is pretty simple. I also got some knee high boots that work well. I'll have to experiment with make up and such to see what sort of effect would make me pale and shiny. Also, I have the wig partly done and all that I have to do is cut a bit of length from the back and fix everything in place with some G2B Glued spray. The portion that I have the most work to do on are the wings. I have the inner frame constructed so far, which consists of 1 cm diameter PCV pipe with thin chicken wire secured to it by wires that I welded in place to keep it from moving around to much. The frame is detachable for transport. I need to line the top with foam and coat the bottom of the wire in a thin piece of the foam so that I don't have to worry about it jabbing anyone or tearing up the rest of the costume. Then I have to secure the belted harness straps, cover the whole thing in black fabric. The only thing I am really waiting on in this costume are the feathers. There is a good chance that they won't make it in time for the con, which would be terribley depressing, but that's alright.

With/ Wiz (DNAngel): I am also making this costume with one of my best friends. This one is almost entirely finished. Two three foot long ears fitted to a hat, fluffy paws and feet, three foot tail, lollita styled dress and stockings. We aren't entirely sure on the outfit just yet, but we'll see. Does anyone have any advice for keeping faux fur from shedding? Would some form of spray or something work? I've vaccumed it off several times, but no results really. Anyone who has suggestions would be loved forever.

Also, my With and I will be handing out a little gift to those who take a picture of us or glomp us in the form of a black feather attatched to a little love note. ( I still have yet to print these out. xD )

Dead L: This costume is complete, although I am tempted to add some rips and tears to my clothing. I also need to get some more gray makeup for my cheeks. I am also thinking about just using my black wings for it. What do y'all think? White wings or black?

Persocom (Chobits): Originally I was Chii from Chobits, however, despite my amazing wig courtasy of Cosworx, I make a terrible blond. So, I am just going with my natural black hair and the dress. Yay for cross dressing!

Half-demon Howl Pendragon/Jenkins (Howl's Moving Castle): I am not going to have this one ready for Acen this year, but you can expect to see it at Anime Mid Atlantic and next year's Acen. This cosplay will most likely be one of my more difficult ones because it is the in between stage that Howl takes on in the movie. This means that I have to construct clawed bird feet, find a good way to stick feathers into my skin, and get ahold of some blue contacts. I am so excited about getting this one finished! -flails-

Hopefully I'll have some progress pictures soon! <3
.:: Cosplay for Acen, Colossal, Anime Mid-Atlantic '08 ::.
Dark Mousy(DNAngel): 80% finished
Dead L(Death Note): 100% finished
Chii (Chobits): 100% finished
**Blackhaired Personcom: 100% finished
Howl Pendragon (Howl's Moving Castle): 60% finished

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DNAngel Group: Dark, With (Wiz), Satoshi

#124 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:45 PM

Whew! I just finished my blazer for Honey! It's missing the buttons until I can go and buy some, but otherwise it's done. Thank god.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1492782/

I want to finish Mori's blazer, but I can't do anything until my Mori tries it on...which won't be for more than a week. T_T GAH! In the meantime, I'll try to work on other things. c_c;

My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#125 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:42 AM

Linkies! Linkies!

For those of you who want to see my progress, I put links to all my progress logs in my sig! Just click on the name of the character, and you'll see how far I am.

The only one that's not updated now is Naoki Red.
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#126 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:50 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Victory is mine! I have managed to make the shoulders of my Fai coat pointy! Well, one sleeve isn't quite as pointy as I'd like, BUT it looks fine. Better than I expected. I am pleased. *rubs hands together*

No pictures yet. I'll take some once I get the hood attached.

My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#127 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:05 AM

I made progress today!

I spent a while playing with the hakama pattern and then gave up for a while (I may have to haul the pattern and fabric to work and use the big cutting table to lay this sodding thing out)

Then I went and decided to chuck the Simplicity kimono pattern I bought and use this one I found online linked from an excellent page detailing making Shinigami costumes, and I cut out the fabric for both the black and white kimonos (I actually had *just* enough for the white, fabric I'd bought for the dicky that the Simplicity pattern had under the kimono, what luck!!), and I got the center back and shoulder seams done on the white kimono. Thursday I plan to get the sodding thing DONE. Oh and I took the white broadcloth I'd bought and made a long narrow tie to use (y'know, cuz it doesn't look like those fancy obi, what Rukia's got tied around her waist, it just looks like a narrow strip of fabric), I stitched the seam but I didn't turn it inside out yet.

So add that to the shopping I completed for Jack yesterday and I'm moving along...slowly...too slowly.... *thinks up excuses to miss work several times before Acen*
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#128 User is offline   cuteyetpsycho 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:37 PM

AMPHIGORY RAN OUT OF MY WIG!!!!

dammit, they decided to tell me NOW when I ordered it almost two weeks ago!

other than that, I have everything for my Amu costume except for the plaid sockey things, the shirt, and the blazer. And the eggs and... the bag... I have work to do.

#129 User is offline   MistressKandi 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 5832

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:42 PM

I finished miwako last night THANK GOD!

As for A.b.a all i have left is one more legwarmer, an arm warmer, attatching the padlock to her glove and attacthing the headkey. Im finishing up her head key and belt key right now.

#130 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:38 PM

Right now it's just figuring out how to keep a cut-up leg of black tights and a ribbon around my leg (my current plan involves double-sided tape), the altering of the R. Dorothy dress to finish, and her wig. and recently I've been given new hope as I've read a possible way to dye the darn thing. I won't be licked...not yet...
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#131 User is offline   Ayako_Mono 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 3665

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:38 PM

View PostKusanagiRobin, on Apr 28 2008, 06:38 PM, said:

Right now it's just figuring out how to keep a cut-up leg of black tights and a ribbon around my leg (my current plan involves double-sided tape), the altering of the R. Dorothy dress to finish, and her wig. and recently I've been given new as I've read a possible way to dye the darn thing. I won't be licked...not yet...

Sock glue or duct tape. For my very first costume (Rikku's Black Mage from X-2), I took strips of duct tape & rolled them up like long skinny cylinders & stuck them between my legs & the thigh highs. I think I used 2-3 per leg? They worked better than double stick tape. It gave me blisters, I still have scars. Just be gentile pulling the duct tape off & carry a roll with you in case you need to readjust or whatever.
You are not your f***ing system specs.
You are not your uptime stats, your script file or your oversized desktop screencap.
You are not your broadband connection.

You are not your f***ing post count.

#132 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:52 PM

View PostAyako_Mono, on Apr 28 2008, 07:38 PM, said:

Sock glue or duct tape. For my very first costume (Rikku's Black Mage from X-2), I took strips of duct tape & rolled them up like long skinny cylinders & stuck them between my legs & the thigh highs. I think I used 2-3 per leg? They worked better than double stick tape. It gave me blisters, I still have scars. Just be gentile pulling the duct tape off & carry a roll with you in case you need to readjust or whatever.

thanks for the advice! I'm already a little concerned about showing a little leg, but Sakura will only come out after dark, so...:lol:
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#133 User is offline   Dark Rho 

• Pip

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:31 PM

I have progress pics finally! ^^

Dark is almost finished now. I'm still waitin on frikkin feathers ><;;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/Sil.../Darkmirror.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/Sil...d_Wolf/Dark.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/Sil.../darkback-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/Sil...olf/darksit.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#134 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:33 PM

View PostDark Rho, on Apr 28 2008, 10:31 PM, said:

Lovely! I love the jacket. I'd totally sport that.

My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#135 User is offline   Dark Rho 

• Pip

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:04 PM

Thank you! ^^ I love your staff, by the way. I fail at making weapons.

#136 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:33 PM

Aww, thanks! n.n It's been an adventure, that's for sure. It's my first prop, so I hope I am able to finish it out well. @_@

My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#137 User is offline   xSaria 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 9203

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:02 PM

Almost done with mine, since mine is really super awesome simple. XD

All I need to make is the Mask. The green temporary hair dye is all bought, and do believe my friend has aquired our army uniforms.

We're going as Russian Dekus from the "Uprising Against the Hylians" ... which hasn't come yet but will! D: <
The local aquarium is a bad place to fight jellyfish. You could be arrested.

#138 User is offline   cuteyetpsycho 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:45 PM

yesssssssss. got my wiggy from caufield's and it was the last pink wif they had. when did the sudden demand for pink wigs occur?! curse you sakuras!!! and screw amphigory! they shall beg for my very limited mercy bwa ha ha!

anyhoo, I have everything exept for Amu's legwarmers and an extra long sleeved button-down shirt. and her eggs. and her little x-shaped ponytail holder. her bag would prob be good too.

oi vai and with two weeks to go XoX

#139 User is offline   Pixeldot 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 3392

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:19 AM

I haven't changed who I want to cosplay yet, thank goodness, but I did run into a slight snap a short while back.

I'm off at college in my freshman year, so this summer I had to pack up all of the clothes I wasn't bringing with me into those crazy vacuum bags. This included non-season clothes, some memorabilia clothes I don't wear, and all of my costumes. Somehow, my Aerith Jacket and Aerith Dress which I was planning to wear to this convention ended up in two separate bags. Well, I went home for a weekend recently and decided to get out my costume to get it set up for acen, and realized that one of my vacuum bags was missing!! Unfortunately, the bag missing contained my jacket =( So I'm left with 2 weeks to make a whole new jacket ontop of the rest of the last minute details I need to do.

Definitely set me behind =(
Acen '08 Cosplay:

Zombie Aerith!!

(It's gonna rock, keep an eye out for me)

#140 User is offline   nephia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17928

Post icon  Posted 02 May 2008 - 01:34 PM

My Dark Link Costume is just about done! I just sewed my pouch for my belt, now it looks like all I have to do to finish it is make my cross sash add the belt buckle to my waitst belt and get my accessories and my leggings!!! I so can't wait to put it on! :lol:

#141 User is offline   Leaf 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17255

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:28 PM

View PostDark Rho, on Apr 24 2008, 08:18 PM, said:

Dead L: This costume is complete, although I am tempted to add some rips and tears to my clothing. I also need to get some more gray makeup for my cheeks. I am also thinking about just using my black wings for it. What do y'all think? White wings or black?

I vote white wings. Also, I think rips/tears would be in poor taste. L doesn't die in a blender... o.O
ACen 2014 Cosplay
-Sha Gojyo (Saiyuki Reload)
-Jeremiah Gottwald (Code Geass)
-Kanji Tatsumi(Persona 4)

#142 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 02 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

True. L died
Spoiler
You'd be better off just strapping on a pair of wings and donning a halo.
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#143 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8785

Post icon  Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:27 AM

View Postnephia, on May 2 2008, 02:34 PM, said:

My Dark Link Costume is just about done! I just sewed my pouch for my belt, now it looks like all I have to do to finish it is make my cross sash add the belt buckle to my waitst belt and get my accessories and my leggings!!! I so can't wait to put it on! :lol:

Awesome, awesome!! Keep it going!! I can't wait to see you at the con!!
=D
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#144 User is offline   nephia 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17928

Post icon  Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:49 AM

View Postsimonsaz3, on May 3 2008, 08:27 AM, said:

Awesome, awesome!! Keep it going!! I can't wait to see you at the con!!
=D

Can't wait to see you!!!! Man I'm so excited!!! :lol:

#145 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:44 PM

I recently had an odd conversation with my mom. (Now keep in mind that my mom's usually frugal..)

(After buying a black wig in the same cut as R. Dorothy and contemplating how to color it)

Me: You know, I've heard good things about the Sharpie method. I can do it that way.

Mom: Why would you want to ruin a perfectly good wig? :huh:

Me: Better than buying a brand new one. Besides, Sharpies are relatively cheap, and I'll wear the cosplay more than once. (explains to her the process, including the big bowl of Sharpie ink and rubbing alcohol involved)

Mom: Oh, no you don't. We're gonna go out and buy a brand new wig this weekend!

Me: .....Okaaay.... :huh:

Secretly, though, I'm grateful. :lol: So I'm going wig-shopping again today, as well as looking for collar and cuff patterns to modify the R. Dorothy dress. I'm thinking...by the 10th, my cosplays will be done. Two weeks, two weeks, two weeks!! (jumps all around the house)

#146 User is offline   navigated 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 16822

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:48 AM

Viral - So I actually started working on the pants and shirt, They're all generally looking like the articles of clothing they need to be, I need to sew in the zipper and topstitch the orange bits on. And then just finish up some hemming. Pants wise I just need to put the waist band in and the back elastic. I might want to fit them all some more, seeing as they're all a little baggy on me, and Viral does sport the real tight clothes. So that means I just have to find someone to assist me in the pinning since fitting to yourself is horrible.

Abiru - Cut the wig, and now it's done. Just need to dig out my knee socks.
Animosity Cosplay
Friday:
Ms. Marvel [marvel comics]
Esmeralda [the hunch back of notre dame]
Saturday:
Super Sailor Neptune [sailor moon]
The Yeti [rave]

#147 User is offline   Alkrea 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 8645

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:51 PM

GAH! It's so close! ;__;

I'm almost done though. Two costumes out of 3 are completed, but one of them requires a wig, and my extensions to style said wig have been backordered. :( It's been two weeks since I ordered them, and hopefully the substitute they finally offered on Friday works well. I'm just worried about finishing the wig on time. I worked so hard on the costume, I'd hate for it to be ruined by no wig.
Anime Central Galleries
2010 (part 2) | 2009 (part 2) | 2008 (part 2) | 2007 (part 2) | 2006 | 2005

#148 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8785

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:03 PM

12 days!!!! Eeee!!
=D
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#149 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:55 PM

My white Fai coat is at 95%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited. I was up until 5AM sewing it, but it is almost done. ;~~~;

My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#150 User is offline   Pixeldot 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 3392

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:58 PM

A'wight, costume going along nicely.

I move out of my dorm the morning of the 14th. I'm not touching my costume until then. So my plan goes:

14th: attach armor to suspenders for Zack costume, dye coat, style wig, and tear the bejebus out of the costumes!

The 15th I'll be testing out the makeup and fake blood we bought for the first time and probably leaving for the con around 3-4pm
Acen '08 Cosplay:

Zombie Aerith!!

(It's gonna rock, keep an eye out for me)

• 7 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users