#1 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• MAPS Director & Art and Publications Manager
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 5803

Post icon  Posted 01 January 2008 - 06:12 PM

The giant FAQ of 2008
How big are the tables?
Full tables are 8ft long by 2ft wide, half tables are 4ft long by 2ft wide plan your layouts accordingly; it might help you to lay out your goods ahead of time.
Are the tables covered?
We donít order them covered because of the price raise it would cost you, the artist, if they happen to cover the tables the w00t bonus but there are no guarantees so it may be beneficially to examine options for table dressings.
Can I pick my Spot?
No all spots are designated by the Artist alley staff; they will endeavor to honor seating requests in regards to who you would like to sit next to. All power drops supersede regular seating requests.
We cannot offer food
Some people mentioned this on the comment forms last year and I would like to address this once and for all. We cannot offer food to you or any sort of lunch drop off. All catering contracts in the convention center must be done through the convention center or we risk breaching contract with them. We will not offer food, it is you responsibility to take care of food. There is a food court right next to the alley where you can obtain sustenance or I would suggest bringing your own lunch.
Do I get a badge with my table?
Nope, you are paying for a table and two chairs per full table. Badges are separate and you must register for one. I would suggest doing so before tier 1 ends so you can get a cheaper price.
What is this list of artists appearing at Acen?
Like last year I will have the list of confirmed artists on the webpage so people can check out which studios will be present at the convention.
Where do I get my badge?
You pick up your badge at con when you come to check in. We will only release badges at con.
When can we set up/ take down?
You may set up Thursday night or Friday morning, I will ask that everyone endeavors to be ready at their tables when the convention opens to all attendees as a courtesy to other artists.
New art show procedures?
If you are a participant in the art show you will notice a new set of procedures and paperwork, this is nothing to worry about in fact Iím really excited about it and should help to get rid of fake bidders and problems which may arise due to illegible handwriting or spelling errors.
Chairs?
Your table comes with two chairs there may be a small surplus of chairs at convention for extra seating but I wouldnít count on it as everyone will be vying for the same seats. It may behoove you to bring extra seating if you are worried.
Can you watch my table?
Artist alley staff cannot sell your goods for you. If someone watches your table they are not held accountable for anything that may go missing. Be careful who you choose to watch your table, it may just be smarter if you have no one to shut down temporarily.
When will we know our table placements?
I will endeavor to make table placements and layout available in May before I leave for the convention.
Extension Cords?
If you are getting power to your table you should consider a small multi tap or an extension cord to run power to your table. Power plug in will be labeled for your use if you find someone has tapped into your power please alert alley staff and we will deal with the problem accordingly.
Mailing List?
The mailing list is only available to artists registered for the alley. The alley Staff will use this for updates which are pertinent to everyone. Please make sure you can accept mail for the domain acen.org, otherwise you will miss very important information updates and requests.
Stolen items?
Alley Staff is not responsible for any stolen items; make sure you keep an eye on your valuables.
Waitlist and At-Con Rental?
When a table opens it will be released to the waitlist in the order of registration on the waitlist. If someone fails to show up at con their table maybe released for at con rental. There is no guarantee of at con rental.

Art and Publications Manager
Convention Officer:Secretary 2008-2014
M.A.P.S. Director
Artist Alley DH 2007-2008

Live like there is no tomorrow, and dream like you'll live forever...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#2 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8396

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:49 AM

Hihi,

One quick question - do we know what time Artist Alley is going to open on Friday?

Here's why I ask: If I have to be at the booth finishing the setup Friday morning and be ready if AA opens at like, 7:30am, I'll probably get a hotel room starting Thursday night so I don't have to get up super-early and commute Friday morning. BUT, if AA doesn't open up on Friday until like, 9:00am, then I can set up the big stuff Thursday night, then go home, sleep, and then get to ACen at like 8:30am Friday, and be done with setup in time for AA opening (thereby saving some money on the hotel).

I'm just not sure which I should do yet, but would like to know....

Thanks!
Smiles,
Akane
Please check out my Etsy and Artfire store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/designsbymiyu ~ and ~ http://www.artfire.c...o/designsbymiyu

"That book was awful! Halfway through the book the main character changed genders! And that was BEFORE I was into Anime so I wasn't used to it then!" -- Akane

#3 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:21 PM

View PostAkaneNoHime, on Jan 19 2008, 12:49 AM, said:

Hihi,

One quick question - do we know what time Artist Alley is going to open on Friday?

Here's why I ask: If I have to be at the booth finishing the setup Friday morning and be ready if AA opens at like, 7:30am, I'll probably get a hotel room starting Thursday night so I don't have to get up super-early and commute Friday morning. BUT, if AA doesn't open up on Friday until like, 9:00am, then I can set up the big stuff Thursday night, then go home, sleep, and then get to ACen at like 8:30am Friday, and be done with setup in time for AA opening (thereby saving some money on the hotel).

I'm just not sure which I should do yet, but would like to know....

Thanks!
Smiles,
Akane

10-7 friday
10-7 staurday
10-4 sunday
sorry it took me so long classes this semester eat my life lol

M.A.P.S. Director

#4 User is offline   KohakuHime 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 4710

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:56 PM

Where do you register for the art show? I see things for Artist alley...but not for the show alone. Is this the same thing or?

Thankies

#5 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:16 PM

View PostKohakuHime, on Feb 18 2008, 03:56 PM, said:

Where do you register for the art show? I see things for Artist alley...but not for the show alone. Is this the same thing or?

Thankies

What you can do is, sign-up for the Artist Alley waiting list. Then Email purplegodess and tell her that you want to register for the art show. If you want both an Alley table and an Art show Flat then tell her that as well.
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#6 User is offline   KohakuHime 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 4710

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:53 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on Feb 20 2008, 09:16 PM, said:

What you can do is, sign-up for the Artist Alley waiting list. Then Email purplegodess and tell her that you want to register for the art show. If you want both an Alley table and an Art show Flat then te
2d9a
ll her that as well.

Thank ye

#7 User is offline   Starchaser 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 17939

Posted 24 April 2008 - 02:31 PM

Where is at con rental? Because I definitely have things I want to sell. But where can I go to sell?

#8 User is offline   Purplegodess 

• PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:48 PM

View PostStarchaser, on Apr 24 2008, 03:31 PM, said:

Where is at con rental? Because I definitely have things I want to sell. But where can I go to sell?

in the art show at the staff table you must make sure your peices meet selling standards outline in the artshow rules. Thank you

M.A.P.S. Director

#9 User is offline   Kuri-taichou 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10682

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:45 PM

Is there going to be some sort of diagram for the AA area? Because AA at ACen is massive, and last year I had trouble finding my way back to specific artists... ^^;
I cosplayed as Hanatarou from Bleach at ACen '07. If anyone has the picture of me with Rangiku and Mayuri, please let me know!
This year I'll be doing Kyouya from Ouran High School Host Club as my main cosplay, but I might also bring my Baiken from Guilty Gear costume.

#10 User is offline   Alysia 

• MAPS Director
  • PipPip
  • Group: MAPS Board
  • Member No.: 237

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:00 PM

View PostKuri-taichou, on May 12 2008, 03:45 PM, said:

Is there going to be some sort of diagram for the AA area? Because AA at ACen is massive, and last year I had trouble finding my way back to specific artists... ^^;

It's in the pocket program guide.

#11 User is offline   wildcat83 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 8452

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:25 PM

I just have to know, if anyone answers: Artist Alley After Dark??? Never heard of that
Sqwee of The Glomp Team.
Join Now!!

ACEN '09 Cosplay
My Sister, Sammy Talon
Chopper from One Piece

Wildcat83
Ryo-ohki of Tenchi Muyo

#12 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2008 - 12:01 AM

View Postwildcat83, on May 13 2008, 08:25 PM, said:

I just have to know, if anyone answers: Artist Alley After Dark??? Never heard of that

Well it basically is a place for artists to get together after the alley has closed and they can talk, do commisions, and other artist stuff. in other words.
Its a hangout for the artists to get together and talk draw share tips and relax after a long day in the alley.

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#13 User is offline   wildcat83 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 8452

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:06 AM

Ah i see, :lol: had to know, coming from Youmacon last year thought it had something to do with hentai.
Sqwee of The Glomp Team.
Join Now!!

ACEN '09 Cosplay
My Sister, Sammy Talon
Chopper from One Piece

Wildcat83
Ryo-ohki of Tenchi Muyo

#14 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2008 - 11:28 AM

View Postwildcat83, on May 14 2008, 08:06 AM, said:

Ah i see, :lol: had to know, coming from Youmacon last year thought it had something to do with hentai.

:blink: LOL that would be interesting but no.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users