Anime Central Forums: More Places To Read Manga/see Anime Online? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

More Places To Read Manga/see Anime Online?

#1 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 19 December 2007 - 02:33 AM

Hi all!

This may seem like a dumb question but I'm still new to anime/manga, and still learning! I'm slowly exploring titles out there and finding what interests me, and I've bought a few manga titles and checked out several more from the library.

Now since I don't have a lot of money I've been trying to stick to stuff I can get at the library. I found ****** thanks to a friend's journal on DeviantArt, and they've got a few series I like there, that's where I started watching Bleach (and will get back to now that they're up again)

The thing is there's a couple series I'm really interested in continuing that are not available there.

Right now I'm looking for:

Ghost Hunt (anime and manga)
Gintama (anime, they have the manga)
Revolutionary Girl Utena (anime and manga)

I don't care if the anime is subbed or dubbed, I'll watch either. I know there's anime for Gintama, it's mentioned in the manga volumes I bought (I've got all three that have been released), and I'm pretty sure I saw mention of a Ghost Hunt anime somewhere. I just would love to know where to see these!

Once I catch up a bit more on the series I am hooked on so far (those, Bleach, Claymore, Tsubasa Chronicles, just got into Fullmetal Alchemist a bit), I'll start looking for more. Though suggestions are always welcomed. So far what I really like are magical girl stories, and especially anything to do with the paranomal/ghosts/parapsychology etc. Yeah I'm a lifelong Ghostbusters fanatic and that's why I love Ghost Hunt and Bleach. :)

Thanks in advance for any help!

~MJ~
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#2 User is offline   BebopCola2021 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3253

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:45 PM

Actually, the St. Louis County Library has Ghost Hunt in manga form. ^^ Our system has a nice and growing collection. If your library doesn't carry something, see if they can do an Interlibrary Loan and order it in.

#3 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:19 PM

I mainly buy DVDs, simply because the computer gives me headaches after a while. I do use ******* sometimes, though =3. But it won't have licensed titles.
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#4 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 20 December 2007 - 05:19 PM

View PostBebopCola2021, on Dec 19 2007, 11:45 PM, said:

Actually, the St. Louis County Library has Ghost Hunt in manga form. ^^ Our system has a nice and growing collection. If your library doesn't carry something, see if they can do an Interlibrary Loan and order it in.

Which one? I have no manga at my library. (I'm in STL too)

Btw Cherrywolf is right. I LOVES me some Gintama anime. It's great.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#5 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 20 December 2007 - 06:30 PM

Guys I h8 to spoil the fun but you cannot mention these sites on the forums due to licensing reasons. Absolutely NO links, ads, or pointers to warez, Hong Kong or other bootlegs, licensed anime episodes, or fansubs or fansubbers with licensed anime content. So I had to to edit some stuff. Please remember this ok. Allright as Tim Gunn from Project Runway would say, carry on. :D
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#6 User is offline   NarumiKenshin 

• Exhibit Space
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9201

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:45 PM

She made it beofre i did xP She is correct though xP i would suggest "pm" ing this, *hinthint* Keep it off teh forums ^_^
Exhibit Space ADH - Exhibit Hall - 2012
Merchandising ADH - 2010, 2011
Sales Department Head - 2009
Convention Operations - 2008
Video Gaming Staff - 2007
Man's Greatest Fear is Mankind Itself
-Gendo Ikari-

#7 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 21 December 2007 - 03:42 AM

Whoops, sorry! I didn't realize that was a no-no!

Well perhaps does anyone know where I can find some of those anime at a reasonable price? I am trying to save lots of money for Acen and I don't want to spend like $50 a DVD.

Oh and Bebop, I have requested some mangas from my library but right now my home library is closed while we move into a brand new super awesome building and I really don't feel like driving all the way to Elmwood Park to pick up requests. So til the end of January my ILL-ing is on hold. :) Besides, Ghost Hunt I've been buying, cuz I'm in love with it!
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#8 Guest_ToxicQuiddity_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:45 AM

FYE, Best Buy, and Hot Topic do have a lot of anime merchandise
But I don't really know much else since Sun Coast went out
):

If you email me at angela89gurl@yahoo.com I can point you to some places that would really help you out
[:

#9 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 21 December 2007 - 01:20 PM

View PostKnitChick, on Dec 21 2007, 03:42 AM, said:

Whoops, sorry! I didn't realize that was a no-no!

Well perhaps does anyone know where I can find some of those anime at a reasonable price? I am trying to save lots of money for Acen and I don't want to spend like $50 a DVD.

Oh and Bebop, I have requested some mangas from my library but right now my home library is closed while we move into a brand new super awesome building and I really don't feel like driving all the way to Elmwood Park to pick up requests. So til the end of January my ILL-ing is on hold. :) Besides, Ghost Hunt I've been buying, cuz I'm in love with it!

Tis ok! Just doing my job is all. If youre not sure of something, feel free to send us or yours truly :rolleyes: a PM to see if its ok.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#10 User is offline   BebopCola2021 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3253

Posted 23 December 2007 - 03:02 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on Dec 20 2007, 11:19 PM, said:

Which one? I have no manga at my library. (I'm in STL too)

Btw Cherrywolf is right. I LOVES me some Gintama anime. It's great.

Here's the St. Louis County Library site with all the branches (you can order online and have stuff sent to your branch from other branches)

http://www.slcl.org/

Plus, the library's got anime showings and events! Check em out ^_^

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users