Anime Central Forums: Sleep Well Or Party Hardy? - Anime Central Forums

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Sleep Well Or Party Hardy?

Poll: Sleep Is For The Weak Vs. Rest Is Best (200 member(s) have cast votes)

Which One Are You?

1. I need my beauty sleep! (73 votes [36.50%])

Percentage of vote: 36.50%

2. Whats sleep? (127 votes [63.50%])

Percentage of vote: 63.50%

Vote

#61 User is offline   Bold&Delicious 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 7151

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:40 PM

View Postmisty, on Mar 2 2008, 01:57 PM, said:

Sleep is what I do when I get home from the weekend. Acen comes once a year, why waste it sleeping? :D

SRSLY.
Thursday into Friday, I'll sleep in a bit. But from then on, it's like 2-3 hours a night! XD
★★Looking for a panel badge. Lived in Japan. Fluent in Japanese. Useful for any language/culture aspects, translations, etc. Hip & trendy and quite svelte.★★

#62 User is offline   Stiffish(Soul Ninja) 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 17431

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:09 AM

SHoo, I most likely wont be able to stay at the hyatt so im gonna want to stay around the convention center, im prolly gonna sleep from the morning to the afternoon the come back to party the rest of the day. Im gonna dance the night away at the parties. If anyone thinks they can outdance me I got two words for you, bring it.

#63 User is offline   Bold&Delicious 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7151

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:10 PM

View PostStiffish(Soul Ninja), on Mar 7 2008, 09:09 AM, said:

SHoo, I most likely wont be able to stay at the hyatt so im gonna want to stay around the convention center, im prolly gonna sleep from the morning to the afternoon the come back to party the rest of the day. Im gonna dance the night away at the parties. If anyone thinks they can outdance me I got two words for you, bring it.

I take you on for the challenge!!!
And as for you not staying in the hyatt, there are lots of people offering rooms in the room mate zone. :)
★★Looking for a panel badge. Lived in Japan. Fluent in Japanese. Useful for any language/culture aspects, translations, etc. Hip & trendy and quite svelte.★★

#64 User is offline   firegirl26 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6771

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:54 PM

well i need my sleep but since there will be so much to do it's going to be hard
For acen 2012 will be cosplaying STEAMPUNK
AUTHOR of ACEN TRUE STORY(that no one reads)

REXANO
Responsible Exotic Animal Ownership

#65 User is offline   DesertLily 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7171

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:30 PM

I do get my sleep at cons...but somehow, I have no problem going to sleep at 2:00am and waking up 5 hours later. Some of the creepiest stuff happens after hours, which makes for good stories, and other stuff.

Hopefully this year, we'll be able to arrange a sleep room and a party room, so that the people in our group that want to sleep can go to the one, and those that want to hang out can stay in the other. And I will probably be in the party room the whole time.

#66 User is offline   Jadante 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 12483

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:12 PM

If I'm pumped, I can go for a long time without sleep. Like I can feel I'm tired, but I'm so excited that if I try to lie down and go to sleep I'll be so pumped up that I can't.

2008 will be the first ACen I get to stay all three days (taking off school Friday to go =D!) so I imagine, considering my terrible sleeping habits, I'll be completely burned out on Sunday from a grand total of, like four hours of sleep for all three days.
ACen 2013 - Pharaoh Atem
ACen 2011, 2012 - Summoner Yuna, Sailor Yuna
ACen 2009, 2010 - Summoner Yuna
ACen 2008 - Summoner Yuna, Eternal Sailor Jupiter, Kino Makoto (Schoolgirl)
ACen 2007 - Original character (Enika)
ACen 2006 - Eternal Sailor Jupiter
ACen 2005 - Original character (Jakoku)

#67 User is offline   tatsumakichan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 17729

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:06 PM

Didn't sleep for 3 day in a row twice (once before history fair 2007, again during new year 2008)

Went suicidal for a week.
Cosplay 2011: X23 (MvC3), Female!Japan (APH)

Blog: http://jenniferkwanart.blogspot.com/
Deviantart: Art Account and Photo/cosplay Account

#68 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:09 PM

sleep is for the weak

or for a sunday after acen
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#69 User is offline   Vanitys Angel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 7546

Posted 07 April 2008 - 02:51 PM

I can't really answer the poll because I'm really kind of back and forth with it. I always tell myself to get enough sleep each con, but it never seems to work out that way. xD I always end up staying awake out of restlessness, or just feeling like I'm missing something. It's especially bad on Saturday, because I know that's when everything happens. Dx
"No one is invalidated, but nobody is right."

x Vani
[@myspace]

Cosplay plans for 2008:
Lady (Devil May Cry 3/4)
Fortune (Metal Gear Solid 2)

#70 User is offline   Imaurel 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16336

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:25 AM

I figure this year I won't go for sleeping much at all xD;
2-3 hours a night, maybe. Sleep the whole day through when I get home, though.
:~~~~~Galleries~~~~~:
www.damiset.deviantart.com
www.mangabullet.com/imaurel/profile
imaurel.webs.com
:~~~~~Joined~~~~~:
Pocky Brigade - Pocky Sabotuer
Spam Squad Member!
:~~~~~ACEN Exhibit Hall Staffer - Year 1~~~~~:

#71 User is offline   Bettachi 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 10276

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:09 AM

Working overnights has its perks. I never get tired when I'm supposed to so I'll be able to stay up most of the weekend. XD
Leader and (so far) only member of the infamous Kiriyama Kult.
Cosplay List
Previous Cosplays: Uchiha Itachi, Gaara, HnJ Tsunade-Naruto, Umehito Nekozawa-Ouran High School Host Club
Kiriyama Kazuo-Battle Royale (Manga), Harima Kenji-School Rumble
Anime Central 2013- PoH, Sword Art Online
Top Floor Survivor of the ACen Embassy Fire of 2010.

#72 User is offline   Imaurel 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:03 PM

I'm just young and able to xD
imaurel.webs.com
Spam Squad Member!

#73 User is offline   Shattermage 

• AMV Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1989

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:59 PM

I must have my sleep. You do NOT want to be around me when I'm deprived of it as I begin functioning improperly and inefficiently. I also become very anti-social and asinine.

Caffeine is the devil and it doesn't work on me. I used to drink it all the time, but it finally got to me in November 2006 when I was addicted to 3 large cafe mochas a day for two weeks, and I immediately dropped it from my system when I couldn't stop feeling my nerves want to shake. I've since learned to function without it. Consuming a Ballz would probably kill me now.
Yes, I am an airline pilot. No, you cannot have free tickets. And No, I don't know jack about "the best deals".

"Asking a pilot what he thinks about the FAA is like asking a fire hydrant what he thinks about dogs."

Achievement Unlocked
Haven't paid to attend a con in 5 years - 50G

#74 User is offline   Imaurel 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:56 AM

What? I'm addicted to the stuff! I couldn't just drop it...
imaurel.webs.com
Spam Squad Member!

#75 User is offline   sackerhale 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4152

Posted 19 April 2008 - 02:02 AM

well last year acen07 I only got 4 hours total the entire weekend of sleep. so i would have to say that im all for lack of sleep, but when Im tired....rest is nice to get once in a while.
ACen cosplay lineup-11th Doctor(Dr Who), Elder (Journey pS3), Yvelta (PoKeMoN X-Y), Ed (Ed, Edd, Eddie), Number 39 Utopia (YU-GI-OH zeXal)

#76 User is offline   OneWing 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3929

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:50 AM

Last year was hilarious. I tried pulling an all nighter Saturday night.....I was like a fricking zombie in the video game room. I spent like 10 bucks worth of quarters on that whack-a-mole style music game that was in the center. That game raped my sleep hours. I have a feeling it's going to rape some more this year. I USED to be able to stay up 30 hours a couple times a week a few years ago, but I think that has caught up on me since I can barely get by on 7 hours now. I'm definitely going to have weird sleep this year but probably around 6-7 hours a night. I'll especially be up if certain people are...though I think they'll be on a normal sleep schedule. Either way, whatever their plans are I'm definitely going to try and fit into :3
I am "flowin' with life in a warrior type manner." || Forgive and forget. :) || Proud Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate <3
Previous cosplay: '05: Cloud from FFVII:AC '07: Thu+Fri: Kakashi | Fri Masq Ball: Reno (FFVII:AC) | Sat: Cloud (FFVII:AC) | Sun: Uriel (Angel Sanctuary)
Cosplay for '08: Thurs: Casual Kenashi-Sama[/u] | Fri: Cloud FFVIIAC (surprise saved for '09) | Sat: Solid Snake + Z.O.E. box - MGS1 version FOR MASQ
Cosplay for '09: Locke - Final Fantasy VI || Vamp - MGS4 || Cosplay for '10: Kuja ;3
//Thank you so much to the people who like my cosplay, it means a lot - and glomps to the people who freaking knew my Z.O.E. box for Snake!\\
ACen 2008 Walk-Ons: My Solid Snake: http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3737 || My wonderful friends as Malice Mizer (<3 Kami): http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3718

#77 User is offline   Maggie 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 17880

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:20 AM

I'll be sleeping Thursday to Friday because I don't get to the convention until Friday morning...

Since my costume will be pretty elaborate and I don't want to mess my hair up, I might skip sleeping all together, but if possible I might catch 3-4 hours Friday to Saturday, since Saturday is a BIIIIIG day for me. Saturday I'm staying up late into the night and coming home early, early Sunday morning (at least that's the plan for now since I don't have a hotel room for Saturday to Sunday, and I have a ride I'm taking and they're leaving Sunday morning too).
ACEN 2009 Cosplay
- Amber Sweet from Repo: The Genetic Opera (Zydrate Anatomy)
Did not have time or energy to wear Light/L cosplay. Next time?

Previous Cosplays: Warrior Paine from Final Fantasy X-2, Chocolat Misu from Sorcerer Hunters and more. Gallery.

#78 User is offline   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11618
  • Location:Barrington, IL - US / London, England - UK )( Sector 7C

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:03 PM

I do web browser coding and updating. Since certon sites need work or need to be re-done, I'm used to staying awake anywhere from 24 - 72 hours on end. Last year I did stay awake for the whole con, but it took its toll on me. I went through four 6packs of 5hr energy, spent over $125 on food alone, and got sick for two weeks after the con. This year I plan to actualy use the room I'm paying for, or at the very least, find a chair in some down time.

Be Safe, Not Stupid.

#79 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:32 PM

I'm usually on the "get as much sleep as you need to" side of this argument, but last year I'm convinced I did the wrong thing and actually slept too much. Oh yes, there is such a thing. Me and my friend's hotel situation was going quite bad (the guy we were supposed to meet who had the hotel reservation didn't show up) and he wasn't able to get us a room until Saturday. So carrying around my suitcase on top of a sword I bought and other stuff around the convention center for hours on end....me and my feet gave up around 3 pm on Sat and didn't go back to the con since.

That's right.

3 PM.

AND NO RETURN.

Not only did I not have fun, I missed Kari Wahlgren! (sob). But this year shall be different! We have a solid hotel booking, and my cosplays are mostly ready (another thing that had contributed to my grouchiness last year; none of my cosplays got done!). Plus, it was kind of fun walking around the convention at night. In fact, ppl will only be able to see my Sakura cosplay in the evenings.

Can't wait!
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#80 User is offline   Ghoul304 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17375

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:34 AM

i was the 'sleep well' person before i went to the con, but once i got there..well it all changed. XD
friday night i didn't sleep at all and then saturday night i only slept 2-5 and then 7-8. but now im tired as hell. XD haha next year i doubt i will be sleeping any at all. you think there will be time to sleep..but it turns out that therse too much going on to do that
nu nu

#81 User is offline   Oak Prince 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 11362

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:45 PM

Two hour powernaps every 12 hours for me.

#82 User is offline   Kasumisty 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2097

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:29 PM

View PostImaurel, on Dec 14 2007, 06:50 PM, said:

Have fun sharing beds with a stranger X3
And I didn't mean staying up in the room.

That's what I did (the sharing with a stranger part.) It worked out pretty well, though. :lol:

As for sleeping, I need my sleep if I want to enjoy the convention. If I don't get enough sleep I am too tired to want to do anything the next day, and I get nasty headaches too. Since I go to have fun, sleep is a requirement. However for example I got to my room about 3 am on Saturday night and fell asleep after 4 (I take a long time to fall asleep) and I was just fine today since we left the con by 4pm... Of course I got up today a little before 11am (although I was actually awake a long time before that, just hoped I could get back to sleep a little longer.) Friday night I got more sleep.

#83 User is offline   GenericDreamers 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 586

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:34 AM

Uhhh... I both slept well and partied hardy.
"Ever since I hit the big two-five I've really gone downhill. My brain may say "Okay, four hours of sleep and I can make the photoshoots." Then four hours later my body says "Up yours, I aint goin nowhere"

So much for photoshoots n panels -_-
ACEN 2011 PHOTOS
My personal site
My Deviantart
MySpace
Facebook

2010 Costumes
Ronove (Umineko) || Kamui Gackpo - Magnet ver. (Vocaloid) || Grave Robber (Repo!) || Brief (Panty & Stocking)

#84 User is offline   Drake22 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 18348

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:11 AM

Didn't sleep except for before sunday this year, the day that nothing(Major) happens I had the most sleep for... woohoo?
~"Let's get a cool water!"~

My Facebook: http://www.facebook....hp?id=501140189

#85 User is offline   The Commodore 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18210

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:53 AM

I didn't get too much sleep, and I am definitely feeling it today!!

I arrived at the con at about midnight on Friday (well, early Saturday) and then didn't actually fall into bed until around 4, then woke up at about 5:45. There were times on Saturday when I thought I was going to pass out, because I had seriously been either walking or standing all day, not eating/drinking much, etc. I thought I was going to try to get to bed a little earlier on Saturday night, but once I got into the dance and got in the front row, I didn't want to leave! I finally did make my way out of there after DJ Heavygrinder's set. So that meant me getting to bed around 2:30. Then I woke up around 8:30 on Sunday and walking around until 2.

So yeah, everything hurts and I'm exhausted. But it was worth it!
- TEAM 2L2Q -
ACEN 2011: The Last Judgement

#86 User is offline   Weighted Companion Cube 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 18530

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:16 AM

I would have stayed up if there was anything entertaining to do past 3 a.m. on Saturday. But there simply wasn't enough quality programming choices. Nothing humorous other than hall exploits, which sadly sums up my feelings towards the programming in general. This year seemed extra pervy, which is fine but it seemed to come at the cost of a sense of humor and style (many of the AMV's shown this year show that some things are better left to professionals).

No programming, and the game room's console side was pretty much a campground for people that didn't want to move or give someone else a turn.

Getting yelled at by IRT when we were trying to find the line for Soap Bubble = We no longer cared about Soap Bubble.

After a certain point of all this, sleep becomes appealing :-/

#87 User is offline   kazescar 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18043

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:36 AM

I had 4 hours of sleep total the whole weekend and only 2 meals.

>.<

most of the time I was still bouncing off the walls

but i swear during the AMV block sunday morning I started hallucinating

#88 User is offline   The Commodore 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18210

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:44 AM

View Postkazescar, on May 19 2008, 06:36 AM, said:

I had 4 hours of sleep total the whole weekend and only 2 meals.

>.<

most of the time I was still bouncing off the walls

but i swear during the AMV block sunday morning I started hallucinating

I never want to eat at cons. Like, my insides get all screwed up so I just nibble on things from time to time. I think I almost passed out a few times on Saturday because I had only gotten an hour of sleep on Friday night. I was literally panting because I was so exhausted.
- TEAM 2L2Q -
ACEN 2011: The Last Judgement

#89 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:24 PM

Was out much later this year than usual..but the body refused to keep going without a recharge.

#90 User is offline   Shay 

• Pocky Girl
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 8706

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:32 PM

I keep trying to follow the 4/2/1 per day rule: 4 hours of sleep, 2 meals, 1 shower (and that's PER DAY, not per con you scary smelly people). As long as I manage that, I'm fine.

• 7 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users