Anime Central Forums: Prospective Panels: Going Above And Beyond In Cosplay - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Prospective Panels: Going Above And Beyond In Cosplay Please review and post your comments!

#1 User is offline   Kaitaclysm 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 10032

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:46 PM

I have been attending ACen for the past few years and I have finally decided to try running a panel. I am 22 years old with experience in sewing, costuming, acting, and stage/show makeup and modeling. I have been considering one or both of these topics for ACen 2008. Please look below and respond with your comments! Would you be interested in attending? These topics are fairly specific as I know it is better to pinpoint certain areas instead of trying to cover very broad topics.

Dressing the Part: Going beyond the costume in character development in Cosplay

This panel would address the more subtle but VERY important aspects of ACTING the part of your character, in Cosplay as well as in skits, etc. The panel will address not only poise, accents, and acting, but also the incorporation of Improv acting and posing. My acting experience lies in improvisation which is essentially thinking on your feet and BECOMING or making a character or scene and carrying it effectively. This will be a very FUN panel, because it will be very interactive, very hands-on. One of the biggest problems with cosplay is that people often have fantastic costumes and no idea how to utilize them to fully portray a character.

Beyond the Basics: How to make a good cosplay a great cosplay.

Almost anyone can sew an easy costume or put together a cosplay. This panel will address hair, makeup, details in sewing, accessories, and pulling everything together to make a SOLID costume that will not only stay on you but that will be recognizable and distinct. Also, I will cover many of the "Tips of the Trade" for hair, makeup and costumes that I have learned over the years to make a costume WORK in a wearable and performance capacity. I will cover specifically wig selection and use, makeup for fantasy and non-fantasy characters, costume construction, and accessory selection. I am really looking forward to using volunteers and people in their cosplays as examples - I always try to make my presentations as visual and interactive as possible.

I'm a very outgoing person with a lot of experience in speaking and educational roles so I am really looking forward to running a panel. However, I am a comedy performer at heart (and always will be) so I can promise a lot of fun! Questions, comments, and suggestions are appreciated!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users