Anime Central Forums: Ouran Host Club - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 10 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ouran Host Club a panel set up to mimic a Host Club meeting

#61 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8396
  • Posts: 120
  • Joined: 31-October 06
  • Location:Illinois

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:23 PM

View PostKuroi Yokan, on Feb 19 2008, 05:15 AM, said:

Any updates on our twins? :3 They're the only ones left!



Waa! So exciting!!!
Please check out my Etsy and Artfire store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/designsbymiyu ~ and ~ http://www.artfire.c...o/designsbymiyu

"That book was awful! Halfway through the book the main character changed genders! And that was BEFORE I was into Anime so I wasn't used to it then!" -- Akane

#62 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5985
  • Posts: 126
  • Joined: 17-January 06

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:54 AM

View PostAkaneNoHime, on Feb 19 2008, 05:23 AM, said:

Waa! So exciting!!!


same here! no, i'm afraid we don't know yet. it's up to CloakedSchemer to let us know if her friend can come. of course, if they can't, CloakedSchemer will still be joining us as Eclair. the back-up position for the twins is still open! once again, i'd love it if the cosplayers come together, so we know you look alike (same/similar wig, etc.)!

#63 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3740
  • Posts: 558
  • Joined: 02-February 05
  • Location:Indiana

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:09 PM

View Postdivine_fanaticy, on Feb 19 2008, 10:54 AM, said:

same here! no, i'm afraid we don't know yet. it's up to CloakedSchemer to let us know if her friend can come. of course, if they can't, CloakedSchemer will still be joining us as Eclair. the back-up position for the twins is still open! once again, i'd love it if the cosplayers come together, so we know you look alike (same/similar wig, etc.)!



Ahh, okie. *awaits eagerly!* Also, will we be meeting before the panel to talk about things, or are you mainly just looking to send us info once you have everything set?
ACen '11 cosplay line-up:
Friday: Zidane Tribal (with Amarant) from Final Fantasy IX
Saturday: Fuu (artbook dress) from Magic Knight Rayearth
Sunday: Probably nothing :(

Check out my group's Tsubasa skit! :D
My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#64 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5985
  • Posts: 126
  • Joined: 17-January 06

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:50 PM

View PostKuroi Yokan, on Feb 19 2008, 08:09 PM, said:

Ahh, okie. *awaits eagerly!* Also, will we be meeting before the panel to talk about things, or are you mainly just looking to send us info once you have everything set?


i was thinking about having a little meetup during con weekend prior to the panel, but i'm planning to ask about it after all the host positions are filled and then e-mailing or PMing everyone. but that meetup would not really be to plan so much as to just get to know each other, get comfortable, and maybe practice a little bit. any kind of planning would be through PM, so there are still some surprises. ^_^ we wouldn't want our guests to know everything we were doing and spoil our fun, would we? heehee. if that happened, at least a few people wouldn't think things were as funny, because they'd know ahead of time.

#65 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3740
  • Posts: 558
  • Joined: 02-February 05
  • Location:Indiana

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:14 PM

View Postdivine_fanaticy, on Feb 19 2008, 07:50 PM, said:

i was thinking about having a little meetup during con weekend prior to the panel, but i'm planning to ask about it after all the host positions are filled and then e-mailing or PMing everyone. but that meetup would not really be to plan so much as to just get to know each other, get comfortable, and maybe practice a little bit. any kind of planning would be through PM, so there are still some surprises. ^_^ we wouldn't want our guests to know everything we were doing and spoil our fun, would we? heehee. if that happened, at least a few people wouldn't think things were as funny, because they'd know ahead of time.


Oh I definitely wouldn't want all of our plans handed out where everyone can see them, hahaha. XD Hopefully we can find a meeting time that will be good for everyone. It would be good to get to know each other a bit and get comfortable before doing this, so I'm glad that's the plan. :heart:

I'm so excited~! I can't wait for ACen. X3 I just got my Usa-chan in today~! It is so cute.
ACen '11 cosplay line-up:
Friday: Zidane Tribal (with Amarant) from Final Fantasy IX
Saturday: Fuu (artbook dress) from Magic Knight Rayearth
Sunday: Probably nothing :(

Check out my group's Tsubasa skit! :D
My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#66 User is offline   Leaf 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17255
  • Posts: 334
  • Joined: 17-February 08
  • Location:Westmont, IL

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:45 AM

Wow~!! Back-up Tamaki here, reporting for duty, my princesses! :D I'm quite impressed that there's been so much interest shown toward this fabulous idea. I think it's lovely. Hope all goes well, I'm more than excited to meet all the Ouran fans who show at the panel!
ACen 2015 Cosplay
-Jeremiah Gottwald {Code Geass}
-Kanji Tatsumi {Persona 4}
-Tsukikage Chigusa - {Glass Mask}

#67 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5985
  • Posts: 126
  • Joined: 17-January 06

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:11 AM

@ Kuroi Yokan: which one did you end up getting? i bought one from cartoonpassion that my brother's going to have. how do you feel about having an apprentice? better than that chika kid. XP just kidding. XD anyway, he wants to sit there and look cute.

@ Leaf: same here! i can't believe it's still over a month away. =P

#68 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3740
  • Posts: 558
  • Joined: 02-February 05
  • Location:Indiana

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:31 PM

View Postdivine_fanaticy, on Feb 20 2008, 12:11 PM, said:

@ Kuroi Yokan: which one did you end up getting? i bought one from cartoonpassion that my brother's going to have. how do you feel about having an apprentice? better than that chika kid. XP just kidding. XD anyway, he wants to sit there and look cute.

@ Leaf: same here! i can't believe it's still over a month away. =P



LOL An apprentice?? I think he'd have to be MY teacher, as I'm sure he'll make a way cuter Honey than me! XD

Uhm, I found one on ebay. xD It's like 20 inches tall. I took a picture of it yesterday, lol.
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh293/s...eix/usafull.jpg
ACen '11 cosplay line-up:
Friday: Zidane Tribal (with Amarant) from Final Fantasy IX
Saturday: Fuu (artbook dress) from Magic Knight Rayearth
Sunday: Probably nothing :(

Check out my group's Tsubasa skit! :D
My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#69 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5985
  • Posts: 126
  • Joined: 17-January 06

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:37 PM

View PostKuroi Yokan, on Feb 20 2008, 06:31 PM, said:

LOL An apprentice?? I think he'd have to be MY teacher, as I'm sure he'll make a way cuter Honey than me! XD

Uhm, I found one on ebay. xD It's like 20 inches tall. I took a picture of it yesterday, lol.
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh293/s...eix/usafull.jpg


aah, cute! *_* actually, he's a little scary when he tries to look cute. at metrocon, some people didn't know who he was, so he just tried harder and harder to make a cute face and he was just really creepy. he got his hugs though. in fact, Pwaffle got a shot of him at ACen iron editor and his friend posted it on animemusicvideos.org. my brother came out with severe red-eye, and the photo was titled "Pwaffle's Demon Shota." i rofl-ed when i saw it.

#70 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3740
  • Posts: 558
  • Joined: 02-February 05
  • Location:Indiana

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:43 PM

View Postdivine_fanaticy, on Feb 20 2008, 03:37 PM, said:

aah, cute! *_* actually, he's a little scary when he tries to look cute. at metrocon, some people didn't know who he was, so he just tried harder and harder to make a cute face and he was just really creepy. he got his hugs though. in fact, Pwaffle got a shot of him at ACen iron editor and his friend posted it on animemusicvideos.org. my brother came out with severe red-eye, and the photo was titled "Pwaffle's Demon Shota." i rofl-ed when i saw it.


LOL That sounds hilarious! Your poor brother though.. xD
ACen '11 cosplay line-up:
Friday: Zidane Tribal (with Amarant) from Final Fantasy IX
Saturday: Fuu (artbook dress) from Magic Knight Rayearth
Sunday: Probably nothing :(

Check out my group's Tsubasa skit! :D
My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#71 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5985
  • Posts: 126
  • Joined: 17-January 06

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:44 PM

hey, everyone! soon i will start PMing some info about what we'll be doing for the panel - like loose scripts or prompts, if you will - to some of you hosts. (anything in script form can be improvised upon if you choose. if you think it's easier and more realistic to memorize, then feel free. if you improvise, please try not to deviate from the goal of the "script.")

some of you will recieve information that others of you will not, and some of you might not recieve anything at all (but i think everyone will get something). it is for this reason that i ask you keep the information secret. it's more fun that way! plus, it adds to the improv and lets us continue acting realistically. thank you!

please let me know if you have any updates or ideas (PM me), or if you have questions or are uncomfortable about this in any way. thanks.

#72 User is offline   Leaf 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 17255
  • Posts: 334
  • Joined: 17-February 08
  • Location:Westmont, IL

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:06 AM

View Postdivine_fanaticy, on Mar 3 2008, 07:44 PM, said:

hey, everyone! soon i will start PMing some info about what we'll be doing for the panel - like loose scripts or prompts, if you will - to some of you hosts. (anything in script form can be improvised upon if you choose. if you think it's easier and more realistic to memorize, then feel free. if you improvise, please try not to deviate from the goal of the "script.")

some of you will recieve information that others of you will not, and some of you might not recieve anything at all (but i think everyone will get something). it is for this reason that i ask you keep the information secret. it's more fun that way! plus, it adds to the improv and lets us continue acting realistically. thank you!

please let me know if you have any updates or ideas (PM me), or if you have questions or are uncomfortable about this in any way. thanks.

Sounds great to me! I look forward to any material you send out, I'm sure it will be very helpful. *flexes theatre muscles*
ACen 2015 Cosplay
-Jeremiah Gottwald {Code Geass}
-Kanji Tatsumi {Persona 4}
-Tsukikage Chigusa - {Glass Mask}

#73 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5985
  • Posts: 126
  • Joined: 17-January 06

Posted 05 March 2008 - 04:58 PM

if anybody wants to, you can print off anything you need and take it to the panel. you should be able to set it on the table to look off of it as a prompt, and no one in the audience should be able to see it. ^_^

#74 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5985
  • Posts: 126
  • Joined: 17-January 06

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:24 PM

we need hikaru and kaoru! remember: come together, look alike. the spots are TOTALLY OPEN.

#75 User is offline   Kasemei 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 5705
  • Posts: 1,189
  • Joined: 11-December 05
  • Location:Chesterton, Indiana

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:27 PM

Ooo. *wants to go*
Floating around the forums every so often.

Cosplays for 2011: Ciel Phantomhive Ballgown from Kuroshitsuji, Toph Bei Fong Fire Nation Disguise from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Revolutionary Girl Utena Schoolgirl outfit, and Meiling Hong from the Touhou Project.

#76 User is offline   Kasemei 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 5705
  • Posts: 1,189
  • Joined: 11-December 05
  • Location:Chesterton, Indiana

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:38 PM

does this one cost money..? *feels stupid*
Floating around the forums every so often.

Cosplays for 2011: Ciel Phantomhive Ballgown from Kuroshitsuji, Toph Bei Fong Fire Nation Disguise from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Revolutionary Girl Utena Schoolgirl outfit, and Meiling Hong from the Touhou Project.

#77 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3740
  • Posts: 558
  • Joined: 02-February 05
  • Location:Indiana

Posted 05 March 2008 - 08:56 PM

View PostKasemei, on Mar 5 2008, 09:38 PM, said:

does this one cost money..? *feels stupid*


Not at all. It's free! :D
ACen '11 cosplay line-up:
Friday: Zidane Tribal (with Amarant) from Final Fantasy IX
Saturday: Fuu (artbook dress) from Magic Knight Rayearth
Sunday: Probably nothing :(

Check out my group's Tsubasa skit! :D
My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#78 User is offline   Kasemei 

  • Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 5705
  • Posts: 1,189
  • Joined: 11-December 05
  • Location:Chesterton, Indiana

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:08 PM

YAY! Then I will definetly try to make it!
Floating around the forums every so often.

Cosplays for 2011: Ciel Phantomhive Ballgown from Kuroshitsuji, Toph Bei Fong Fire Nation Disguise from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Revolutionary Girl Utena Schoolgirl outfit, and Meiling Hong from the Touhou Project.

#79 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5985
  • Posts: 126
  • Joined: 17-January 06

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:11 AM

free, it is. =) (besides the con badge fee, of course.) and anyone can come, cosplay or no cosplay. we look forward to seeing you all!

#80 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3740
  • Posts: 558
  • Joined: 02-February 05
  • Location:Indiana

Posted 06 March 2008 - 02:17 PM

View Postdivine_fanaticy, on Mar 6 2008, 11:11 AM, said:

free, it is. =) (besides the con badge fee, of course.) and anyone can come, cosplay or no cosplay. we look forward to seeing you all!


Oh yes, of course, that's rather important. :lol:
ACen '11 cosplay line-up:
Friday: Zidane Tribal (with Amarant) from Final Fantasy IX
Saturday: Fuu (artbook dress) from Magic Knight Rayearth
Sunday: Probably nothing :(

Check out my group's Tsubasa skit! :D
My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#81 User is offline   ShortSpike 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 3598
  • Posts: 106
  • Joined: 18-January 05
  • Location:Michigan

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:02 PM

I am interested in filling the Hikaru and Kaoru slot!My friend and I are not actually twins,but we love to act/improv and love each other very much.We have participated in a hosting event at Youmacon, to much great success.
We are more than willing if you'll take us;)

Here are a few pics of us:
Twins!
Kiss Kiss!
Guess Which?
All I Need.
Provehito in Altum.

#82 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5985
  • Posts: 126
  • Joined: 17-January 06

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:11 PM

View PostInuyasha, on Mar 8 2008, 10:02 PM, said:

I am interested in filling the Hikaru and Kaoru slot!My friend and I are not actually twins,but we love to act/improv and love each other very much.We have participated in a hosting event at Youmacon, to much great success.
We are more than willing if you'll take us;)


you're in! thanks so much. ^_^

#83 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

  • Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3740
  • Posts: 558
  • Joined: 02-February 05
  • Location:Indiana

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:40 AM

Oh yay!! *takes down ad in her sig* Welcome aboard! XD You two look great!
ACen '11 cosplay line-up:
Friday: Zidane Tribal (with Amarant) from Final Fantasy IX
Saturday: Fuu (artbook dress) from Magic Knight Rayearth
Sunday: Probably nothing :(

Check out my group's Tsubasa skit! :D
My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#84 User is offline   ShortSpike 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 3598
  • Posts: 106
  • Joined: 18-January 05
  • Location:Michigan

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:35 PM

View PostKuroi Yokan, on Mar 9 2008, 07:40 AM, said:

Oh yay!! *takes down ad in her sig* Welcome aboard! XD You two look great!

Thankyou;)We are both very happy to be involved!Can't wait!
Provehito in Altum.

#85 User is offline   love.song.writer 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 10943
  • Posts: 13
  • Joined: 06-May 07
  • Location:Chicago, IL

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:46 PM

i will be haruhi suzumiya!! =D i cant wait!
My cosplays =D :
Friday - Summer Festival Rei Ayanami - Neon Genesis Evangelion
Saturday - ABA / Guilty Gear Isuka and Suzumiya Haruhi - TMOHS

=] Please feel free to message me! ive had acen experience this will be my third year!! =D

#86 User is offline   Wing Godess 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 98
  • Posts: 54
  • Joined: 13-April 03
  • Location:Naperthrill

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:49 PM

This sounds AMAZING!!! I was squeeing to my boyfriend about it and even he wants to come! So your audience won't totally be screaming fan girls teehee
Rocking A-cen since 2000 so maybe I should actually cosplay for '09...
I am the 2008 A-cen Idol <3

#87 User is offline   Gani 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 17483
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 11-March 08

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:11 AM

Hm, if I cosplayed Ouran I would ABSOLUTELY do this. The whole reason I cosplay is to ACT, and yet it's surprising how little of a chance one gets to do this.

I wonder how overcrowded you'd get with this--surely it might turn into a sort of speed-dating-like-event that not-otakus and normal females go to. (Though I would never object. ;) ) Good luck with it! If it goes well enough that you do it next year, it would be lovely to help out.

I love my guys with charisma, so regardless, this year, I will drop by as a guest of the great Ouran Club. <3 What a really nice idea this is. You should be proud of yourself! :3

#88 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

  • Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5985
  • Posts: 126
  • Joined: 17-January 06

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:00 AM

View PostGani, on Mar 20 2008, 04:11 PM, said:

Hm, if I cosplayed Ouran I would ABSOLUTELY do this. The whole reason I cosplay is to ACT, and yet it's surprising how little of a chance one gets to do this.

I wonder how overcrowded you'd get with this--surely it might turn into a sort of speed-dating-like-event that not-otakus and normal females go to. (Though I would never object. ;) ) Good luck with it! If it goes well enough that you do it next year, it would be lovely to help out.

I love my guys with charisma, so regardless, this year, I will drop by as a guest of the great Ouran Club. <3 What a really nice idea this is. You should be proud of yourself! :3


ee, thanks. i'm so happy it seems to be popular. i am sort of adopting it from the group i saw at metrocon, though. i do sort of hope it's not a speed-dating free-for-all, but you're correct, there is the possibility, though i hope no one would take it seriously, as our hosts are just playing their parts. i think it would be great to do this again. i'd appreciate your help. =) i look forward to seeing you there!

#89 User is offline   trythisoutchiki 

  • Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 6244
  • Posts: 411
  • Joined: 13-February 06
  • Location:Indianapolis,Indiana

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:56 PM

Oh gods the suspense is already breathing down my neck. Xo I can't wait to see how this turns out. <3
Gothic and Lolita handbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE SPAM SQUAD!! Eliminated (1)

#90 Guest_~DP~_*

  • Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:03 PM

I'm so totally looking forward to this too, its gonna be awesome!! x333

  • 10 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users