• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ouran Host Club a panel set up to mimic a Host Club meeting

#31 User is offline   Tanasha-Chan 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 16933

Posted 24 January 2008 - 05:04 PM

Though I already have my Haruhi Costume, I'm debating wether I should go as Honey or not... but I'm a total noob, so I wouldn't know what I was doing, you guys would have to hold my hand.

#32 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5985

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:00 PM

View PostTanasha-Chan, on Jan 24 2008, 11:04 PM, said:

Though I already have my Haruhi Costume, I'm debating wether I should go as Honey or not... but I'm a total noob, so I wouldn't know what I was doing, you guys would have to hold my hand.

it's up to you. Arakhne volunteered her friend for the panel as honey, but i have no definite info about that. as you can see, Arakhne herself is on back-up.

honey can be a little tough, personality- and appearance-wise. if your costume is perfect, usually it's fine to look cute and innocent, but in an hour-long panel, that sort of attitude fades into the background. you have to be talkative, too. (but i'm not expecting perfection from anyone! i just want everyone to be comfortable.) the number one advice is be as familiar with the character as possible. i'm a first-timer at panels, and i've only been on-stage once before. the con stages are MUCH less intimidating than that one (they're only a couple feet or so off the ground, from what i've seen). also, usually the issue with honey-cosplay is the height and/or the hair/wig. i'm afraid i'm a bit pushy about that when it comes to honey, because last year i mistook a LOT of honey-cosplayers for tamaki-cosplayers. oops! i felt really embarrassed.

for cosplaying (role-playing) in general: try practicing with some friends. just do random, everyday stuff and try to react to things as the character would. it can be embarrassing to all be acting unlike yourselves, but it's good practice for improvisation. doing it in costume or at night when you're sleepy sometimes helps. do it until you don't giggle (uncharacteristically, in the case of honey) anymore. trust me, you'll giggle. ^_^

if you think you might be up to it, but you aren't quite sure, i can always put you in the back-up position (meaning that you'll only have to go on if no one else volunteers), and you can back out anytime. be aware that i'd like to have people's cell phone numbers eventually so i can make sure everyone finds the correct room for the panel on time. PM or e-mail me if you want to be on the list.

#33 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 January 2008 - 04:55 PM

it's been some time since i had interest from some people but no response, so i re-opened some positions that previously were marked *pending.* i thought that it might have been an issue of people who had shown interest not realising that by *pending,* i meant that i was waiting for their confirmation, and instead thinking that it meant someone else was getting that position. (hm, did that make sense?)

so, the first post has been updated. please PM or e-mail me if you want the spot. thanks.

#34 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:19 PM

@ ~DP~: SailorAnime86 is now on the list as the primary for tamaki. you can be back-up, if you'd like.

the main slot for kyouya is still open! the main slots of honey and mori are now filled! but don't worry! you can still back-up for honey or the hitachiin brothers (but i ask that you are a pair, so you know you look alike), or come as another side character!

#35 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 02 February 2008 - 02:08 AM

the slot for tamaki is now full! however, you can still be second back-up. please come, regardless!

#36 User is offline   Tanasha-Chan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 16933

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:31 PM

Am I still able to apply for the part of Honny? sorry it's been so long sense I last replied... my laptop died TT___TT *crys*... I sent an email, but my email is sometimes stupid and doesn't send things through... please tell me if that happens. :D

#37 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:31 AM

@ Tanasha-Chan: you are on the list as the back-up for honey. i did recieve your e-mail. let me know if you decide to decline or come as kanako. thank you so much!

#38 User is offline   ryozu_011 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 16745

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:07 AM

Ha ha! This would be great! XD
Cosplay Ideas for ACen 2014:
Blue Exorcist: Rin

#39 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:08 PM

View Postryozu_011, on Feb 9 2008, 05:07 PM, said:

Ha ha! This would be great! XD

WILL be great! look forward to it! ^_^

#40 User is offline   ryozu_011 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 16745

Posted 10 February 2008 - 05:35 PM

YEAH! ::does a muppet dance:: :D I will hug Kaoru and Hikaru, lol.
Cosplay Ideas for ACen 2014:
Blue Exorcist: Rin

#41 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:34 PM

arch_angel and i have had several disagreements lately, so she has informed me that she will no longer be joining us as our umehito nekozawa. this position is now open and encouraged.

#42 User is offline   perfidiouspal 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10572

Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:56 PM

My sister and I will *so* attend this panel! We'll be dressed as random Host Club fangirls (wearing ouran's uniform, but not actually a character) I cant wait!

I've started reading the most up to date chapter for ouran online (I only own the beginning of the manga) kyaa! its so good. I love ouran. <3 I will definitely want a hug from Hunny and the twins. Thanks (in advance) for the moe~
Cosplays~
Isaac Dian/Miria Harvent (Baccano!)
Garlock/Nia (Gurren Lagann)

#43 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3740

Posted 12 February 2008 - 07:01 PM

View Postperfidiouspal, on Feb 12 2008, 07:56 PM, said:

My sister and I will *so* attend this panel! We'll be dressed as random Host Club fangirls (wearing ouran's uniform, but not actually a character) I cant wait!

I've started reading the most up to date chapter for ouran online (I only own the beginning of the manga) kyaa! its so good. I love ouran. <3 I will definitely want a hug from Hunny and the twins. Thanks (in advance) for the moe~

You mean you're going to be wearing the yellow dresses as random Ouran students? Exciting!! I was hoping there'd be cosplayers like that. XD

I think I'm going to start pimping the panel in my signature. xD
ACen '11 cosplay line-up:
Friday: Zidane Tribal (with Amarant) from Final Fantasy IX
Saturday: Fuu (artbook dress) from Magic Knight Rayearth
Sunday: Probably nothing :(

Check out my group's Tsubasa skit! :D
My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#44 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:03 PM

View PostKuroi Yokan, on Feb 13 2008, 01:01 AM, said:

I was hoping there'd be cosplayers like that. XD

me, too. there were a couple girls in uniform i saw last year in the dealers room a couple times.

*checks to see if anyone's looking*. . . . . . *panel success dance!*

#45 User is offline   Goshikku_onna91 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17164

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:17 PM

I'm a noob when it comes to these things but i will so try to be there with my friend. I have one cosplay costume of bible black i made but i'll try to see if i can make or find a host club school girl outfit for me and my friend.
COME TO THE DARK SIDE!!
Theres COOKIES! :D

#46 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:48 PM

View PostGoshikku_onna91, on Feb 14 2008, 01:17 PM, said:

I'm a noob when it comes to these things but i will so try to be there with my friend. I have one cosplay costume of bible black i made but i'll try to see if i can make or find a host club school girl outfit for me and my friend.

You can still come without being in an Ouran costume! Although if you wanted to make an Ouran uniform, then that's fun too. But don't feel obligated to have an Ouran uniform, because this is open to anyone. ^_^

My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#47 User is offline   TheMagicWithin 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 5842

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:51 PM

I TOTALLY want to be there though. I've heard things on ouran forums about this kind of event and was always like "why doesn't acen have this" and then suddenly, it'll be there/

It would be fun to come in the girls ouran uniform, but really I don't think I have time to do it with my other cosplays. We'll see if I can think of anything else more formalish and less work though.
ACen 2014:
John Watson: Sherlock
Charlie: Supernatural

Tardis: Doctor Who

#48 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:14 PM

View PostTheMagicWithin, on Feb 14 2008, 09:51 PM, said:

I've heard things on ouran forums about this kind of event and was always like "why doesn't acen have this" and then suddenly, it'll be there/

i actually went to a panel similar to this at metrocon and that's why i decided to do this! it was a lot of fun, but of course there were things i wanted to do a little differently... *mwahaha* actually, the main thing was i wanted it to be more like a real club meeting and the one at metrocon had about half interview and half trivia. i do have some trivia in case there is too much time, though. i'm glad everyone seems to be looking forward to it! i'm just as excited as you guys are!

#49 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 February 2008 - 09:18 PM

What was the panel at Metro like? Do tell more! XD (I'm more or less wanting to know how ours will differ [be better?!] once you know how ours is going to go. x3)

My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#50 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 8396

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:07 AM

This...is....AWESOME. :wub: I am definitely going to attend the panel!!! I can't really volunteer to help because I'm going to be tied up with my Artist Alley table, but I will gladly fulfill the role of a shamelessly swooning fangirl when I come by! (And I know this is a plug, but I'm planning on having a lot of Ouran fanart for sale at my table this year...like bookmarks, stamps, and cell phone straps, all hand-drawn. So if you're interested, please check it out!).

And divine_fanaticy, if you want I'll donate a handfull of my hand-drawn Ouran bookmarks to give to the cosplayers that are making this possible. Here's a link to two of the eight bookmarks I've done: http://akane-no-hime.deviantart.com/art/Ou...nimals-55360375 and http://akane-no-hime.deviantart.com/art/Ou...-Group-55360399 .

PM me if you would like me to donate some! This is such a cool idea, I feel like I have to support it somehow!

~Akane
(~ Katsuyama Studios ~ )
Please check out my Etsy and Artfire store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/designsbymiyu ~ and ~ http://www.artfire.c...o/designsbymiyu

"That book was awful! Halfway through the book the main character changed genders! And that was BEFORE I was into Anime so I wasn't used to it then!" -- Akane

#51 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 15 February 2008 - 06:17 AM

View PostKuroi Yokan, on Feb 15 2008, 03:18 AM, said:

What was the panel at Metro like? Do tell more! XD (I'm more or less wanting to know how ours will differ [be better?!] once you know how ours is going to go. x3)

it was veeery funny. there was a lot of improv-ish stuff, particularly involving the twins. they were not very respectful toward tamaki and haruhi (repeatedly holding a sign pointing to tamaki as a homo, which was recieved by the audience as uproariously funny), however, and they didn't seem to know how to respond (i later learned that tamaki and haruhi were actually boyfriend and girlfriend, and of course avid tamaharu supporters. haruhi was livid). i consider the improv the strong point and the disrespect something that might be resolved by setting some requirements for the cosplayers, like being open to every pairing, as is stated in the first post. also, the twins really did not resemble the twins or one another, so that leads to another requirement in the first post. i would cut them some slack, though, because metrocon is rather tiny compared to acen, to my surprise. again, the real strength was the acting.

View PostAkaneNoHime, on Feb 15 2008, 06:07 AM, said:

And divine_fanaticy, if you want I'll donate a handfull of my hand-drawn Ouran bookmarks to give to the cosplayers that are making this possible.

that would be just lovely! i will PM you. they're really cute. i'm partial to the first one. and i'll definitely check out the booth. i want to get one next year!

#52 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:32 AM

View Postdivine_fanaticy, on Feb 15 2008, 07:17 AM, said:

it was veeery funny. there was a lot of improv-ish stuff, particularly involving the twins. they were not very respectful toward tamaki and haruhi (repeatedly holding a sign pointing to tamaki as a homo, which was recieved by the audience as uproariously funny), however, and they didn't seem to know how to respond (i later learned that tamaki and haruhi were actually boyfriend and girlfriend, and of course avid tamaharu supporters. haruhi was livid). i consider the improv the strong point and the disrespect something that might be resolved by setting some requirements for the cosplayers, like being open to every pairing, as is stated in the first post. also, the twins really did not resemble the twins or one another, so that leads to another requirement in the first post. i would cut them some slack, though, because metrocon is rather tiny compared to acen, to my surprise. again, the real strength was the acting.

Ahh, well that does sound like it was entertaining. ^^ That sucks about the disrespecting though...I support Haruhi and Tamaki as a couple too but I also think it would be good if they had been open to other pairings, if nothing else, just for the sake of the panel. lol I think if everyone in our group can be flexible about it, it'll go a lot better. That's really cool that the acting was all good and stuff! I hope we can do just as good of a job, if not better. I'm not in theater, but I'll try my best!

AkaneNoHime: Those are SO cute!! I can't even figure out which one of those two I think is cuter. XD I just might have to check out your table when I get the chance. ;)

My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#53 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 15 February 2008 - 10:09 AM

View PostKuroi Yokan, on Feb 15 2008, 03:32 PM, said:

Ahh, well that does sound like it was entertaining. ^^ That sucks about the disrespecting though...I support Haruhi and Tamaki as a couple too but I also think it would be good if they had been open to other pairings, if nothing else, just for the sake of the panel. lol I think if everyone in our group can be flexible about it, it'll go a lot better. That's really cool that the acting was all good and stuff! I hope we can do just as good of a job, if not better. I'm not in theater, but I'll try my best!

i agree. i think it's important to be open and appeal to the audiance. that way, everyone has fun, and it's not like you get left out and aggravated. if you get upset, then you'll also give a poor performance. i'm also not in theater, but i enjoy it. =3 i do online role-playing a bit and i also write fanfiction some, and that helps amazingly.

#54 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:38 PM

View PostKuroi Yokan, on Feb 15 2008, 03:32 PM, said:

AkaneNoHime: Those are SO cute!! I can't even figure out which one of those two I think are cuter. XD I just might have to check out your table when I get the chance. ;)

:heart: :blush: :heart:
Aww, thanks guys! I was thinking I'd donate one of each character so that the cosplayers can have a little something with their character on it (like the Kyoya cosplayer getting the Kyoya bookmark, etc.), and then maybe one each of the two I posted before to divine_fanaticy for organizing this awesome event. Sound good?

So here are the Host Club bookmarks I'll donate:

1) Kyoya Bookmark: http://akane-no-hime.deviantart.com/art/Ou...-Kouya-55359989
2) Tamaki Bookmark: http://akane-no-hime.deviantart.com/art/Ou...Tamaki-55360274
3) Haruhi Bookmark: http://akane-no-hime.deviantart.com/art/Ou...Haruhi-55359884
4) Hunny Bookmark: http://akane-no-hime.deviantart.com/art/Ou...sukini-55360079
5) Mori Bookmark: http://akane-no-hime.deviantart.com/art/Ou...b-Mori-55360211
6) Hitachin Bros Bookmark: http://akane-no-hime.deviantart.com/art/Ou...hin-Br-55359930
7) Whole Ouran Host Club: http://akane-no-hime.deviantart.com/art/Ou...-Group-55360399
8) Host Club Stuffed Animals: http://akane-no-hime.deviantart.com/art/Ou...nimals-55360375

Otherwise, all the bookmarks at my Artist Alley table are only $3 a pop, so it's an inexpensive way to get artwork with Ouran characters. I'm also going to be doing some stamps (like rubber stamps that say "Beni Bara" etc.), and I'm making a wooden sign that says "Third Music Room" in kanji on it. The stamps will be inexpensive, and I think the sign will be around $20/$25 or so. I would just ask that if people ask where the bookmarks came from that you guys could refer them over to my booth...that way we can both spread the love! I'll certainly be plugging your panel at my booth!

I'm also thinking of doing a Kasanoda, Nekozawa, Renge, and even a generic female in Ouran-yellow-dress-school-uniform bookmark...are people interested in me doing those, or more/different characters from the series? If so, please PM me to let me know! I want to make sure I have enough characters and enough bookmarks for everyone!

Smiles, and LONG LIVE OURAN!
~Akane
( ~Katsuyama Studios ~ )

PS: The stuff I was selling from all different series at Artist Alley last year is up on my DeviantArt page...so if you're interested, please check it out and leave me a note of what you like/what you would like to see me sell this year! http://akane-no-hime...rt.com/gallery/
Please check out my Etsy and Artfire store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/designsbymiyu ~ and ~ http://www.artfire.c...o/designsbymiyu

"That book was awful! Halfway through the book the main character changed genders! And that was BEFORE I was into Anime so I wasn't used to it then!" -- Akane

#55 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:25 PM

akane is aaaaawesoooome.... *dance*

#56 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:33 PM

Awww that's so nice of you! All the other bookmarks look so cute. ^_^ Even if for some reason I ended up not being able to help out with the panel, I'll probably end up at your table at some point. ;) Will you have your table open on Sunday? 'cause that's pretty much my big dealer room day. lol

divine_fanaticy: Of course! The whole point of the panel is to please and entertain the audience! XD

My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

#57 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:42 PM

View PostKuroi Yokan, on Feb 15 2008, 11:33 PM, said:

Awww that's so nice of you! All the other bookmarks look so cute. ^_^ Even if for some reason I ended up not being able to help out with the panel, I'll probably end up at your table at some point. ;) Will you have your table open on Sunday? 'cause that's pretty much my big dealer room day. lol

divine_fanaticy: Of course! The whole point of the panel is to please and entertain the audience! XD

Yup - I'll have my table set up from the Thursday night before the con opens to Sunday night at con close!
:::dances because everyone likes the bookmarks!:::

#58 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:13 AM

the main slot for kyouya is now filled by Arakhne! the back-up slot is open.

#59 User is offline   trythisoutchiki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6244

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:47 PM

Oh my! I'm sooo happy this is coming along X)
Gothic and Lolita handbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE SPAM SQUAD!! Eliminated (1)

#60 User is offline   Kuroi Yokan 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:15 PM

Any updates on our twins? :3 They're the only ones left!

My Cosplay.com
My CosplayLab

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic