• This topic is locked

Manga, Manhwa, Manhua

#1 User is offline   mendokuse 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3415

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:53 PM

I visit scans_daily quite a bit and came upon this manhua (chinese comic) called Zen Speaks: Shouts of Nothingness. As you can tell it's about Zen.
It perked my interest in manhua and I hope you guys like it too.

http://community.liv...ly/4416162.html

On a side note, I remember when I went to the Philippines back in '92 seeing some manhua and just looking at the pics since I can't read Chinese. Then Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon came out and so Andy Seto came out with the prequel comics for that. Of course, being a kid and having no job I couldn't afford them, but now I'm gonna have to track them down and make them mine. Bwhahaha. ;)

#2 User is offline   divine_fanaticy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5985

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:03 PM

i have only read the sampler, but my favorite manhwa is "boy princess." it's shonen-ai, if you will, and a gender-bender sort of thing. in it, this princess gets engaged to a prince, but she doesn't want to marry him, so she runs off and elopes. her parents hook up the dumped prince with their own son instead, disguising him as a girl. once the newlywed couple gets in the bedroom, though, i guess the prince finds out and really doesn't care. but the princess's brother (also a prince, of course) still has to dress as a girl, even around the castle, to keep up appearances. it's very pretty.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users