Anime Central Forums: Q And A Center - Anime Central Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Q And A Center For those who have asked questions on the forums but have yet to get a

#181 User is offline   Kscriv 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19437

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:41 PM

Question related to panels.

Are panel rooms cleared between panels? For example, there's a long string of panels in one room on Saturday (Show & Tell, Sgt. Frog, Funimation, Crunchyroll, JMT). Would I be able to pull up a chair and enjoy, or would I be told leave, line up and re-enter?

This post has been edited by Kscriv: 05 May 2010 - 10:55 PM

#182 User is offline   KamikazeGirl30 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 37428

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:37 PM

Why doesn't Acen sell Pocky?

#183 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 11 May 2010 - 06:42 PM

View PostKamikazeGirl30, on May 11 2010, 07:37 PM, said:

Why doesn't Acen sell Pocky?

http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=36163
ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#184 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 18421

Posted 11 May 2010 - 07:35 PM

Can we park at that one train station during the day?
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen
Fullmetal Alchemist - Greedling

#185 User is offline   manga1 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 53231

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:48 AM

What counts as modified for costume, would colloring it with a marker count, also if the 60% rule hard and fast for the masqurade, I can say about fifty percent for the one costume but sixty is pushing it, and does natural hair dying count as part of a costume modification?

also how long will I have to wait in line for getting badge If I get there around 8:30 am on friday?

Time is crucial if I want to get one of the spots for the walk on in the masqurade, of course.

signed Jeremy Manga1

#186 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:41 AM

View PostKscriv, on May 5 2010, 11:41 PM, said:

Are panel rooms cleared between panels? For example, there's a long string of panels in one room on Saturday (Show & Tell, Sgt. Frog, Funimation, Crunchyroll, JMT). Would I be able to pull up a chair and enjoy, or would I be told leave, line up and re-enter?

I'm not really sure on that one but I'll see if I can poke someone in panel programming to answer that. :)

View Postnouseforaname, on May 11 2010, 08:35 PM, said:

Can we park at that one train station during the day?

If you mean the CTA blue line, you can but just be warned you WILL have to keep walking back there to feed the meter and if your time expires they DO TOW. Frankly, I wouldn't recommend it.

View Postmanga1, on May 12 2010, 01:48 AM, said:

What counts as modified for costume, would colloring it with a marker count, also if the 60% rule hard and fast for the masqurade, I can say about fifty percent for the one costume but sixty is pushing it, and does natural hair dying count as part of a costume modification?

also how long will I have to wait in line for getting badge If I get there around 8:30 am on friday?

Time is crucial if I want to get one of the spots for the walk on in the masqurade, of course.

signed Jeremy Manga1

Regarding your costume questions, take a look at the thread here: http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=36116 for hallway costumes, and http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=35939 for Masquerade times and the Masquerade board in general, http://www.acen.org/...php?showforum=4 for those questions.

The early morning hours tend to be a little busier for Reg but I was in there early Saturday morning and the line was pretty cleared out by 8:30. Hard to say for sure but I doubt you'd be waiting more than an hour, if that. Probably more like 30 minutes or less, at a guess.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#187 User is offline   manga1 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 53231

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:29 AM

Tanks for the fairly quick answeres and hope that the wait time will not kill, I waited last year two and a half hours at ikasucon in fort wayne and that only has about 1,600 or less attendies.

but that dont answere my question on the modifications or the absolute nature of the 60%.

signed Jeremy manga1

#188 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:31 AM

View PostKscriv, on May 5 2010, 11:41 PM, said:

If you want to stay you can, depending on the panel. However, the only time we may ask you to leave is when its for panels that's 18 and older and for special guests. We want to give the people in line a fair chance to get a seat.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#189 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:09 PM

View PostKnitChick, on May 12 2010, 02:41 AM, said:

If you mean the CTA blue line, you can but just be warned you WILL have to keep walking back there to feed the meter and if your time expires they DO TOW. Frankly, I wouldn't recommend it.

It's a parking lot from what I remember. I don't remember the prices but it was I think $2 for 4 or 6 hours. I just wanted to make sure it was fine parking there during the day.
Mighta been a time when I loved her too but you take that away, you always been the one.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#190 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:27 PM

View Postmanga1, on May 12 2010, 03:29 AM, said:

Tanks for the fairly quick answeres and hope that the wait time will not kill, I waited last year two and a half hours at ikasucon in fort wayne and that only has about 1,600 or less attendies.

but that dont answere my question on the modifications or the absolute nature of the 60%.

signed Jeremy manga1

The lines were really quick all weekend long last year. I don't think it ever hit 2 hours at all.

And your other question I cannot answer, that's why I pointed you to the Masquerade board, that's where the information should be. I've never competed in Acen's Masq so I don't really know that information.

View Postnouseforaname, on May 12 2010, 02:09 PM, said:

It's a parking lot from what I remember. I don't remember the prices but it was I think $2 for 4 or 6 hours. I just wanted to make sure it was fine parking there during the day.

I know, the parking lot for the CTA Blue Line. Like I said, you can park there but again, THEY WILL TOW. You need to return there periodically to renew your parking fee and if you don't you will not have a car, they will tow it! I don't really recommend it, but if you're determined, go ahead.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#191 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:32 PM

View PostKnitChick, on May 12 2010, 02:27 PM, said:

I know, the parking lot for the CTA Blue Line. Like I said, you can park there but again, THEY WILL TOW. You need to return there periodically to renew your parking fee and if you don't you will not have a car, they will tow it! I don't really recommend it, but if you're determined, go ahead.

I usually park at the one hotel right across from the convention but I'd have to keep going back and forth to the place I'll be staying so I'll have to take the cheapest parking until I figure out what's going on Friday. Thanks.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#192 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:55 PM

Parking at the CTA station during the day is perfectly fine. That's what it's there for. Here are the rates they have posted.
Blue Line
Rosemont
5801 N. River Rd.
$5.00 for 0-14 hours
$8.00 for 14-18 hours
$12.00 for 18-24 hours
(888) 578-PARK

As knitChick said, if you don't keep an eye on the time, then you risk getting towed. But as long as you keep the meter fed, no problem.
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#193 User is offline   nouseforaname 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2010 - 04:00 PM

Awesome. I don't plan on keeping it overnight. Thanks for the rates.

ACen cosplay 2012:
Bioshock - Sander Cohen

#194 User is offline   Dark Lord 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 19657

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:06 AM

I got my answer to the following. If you have the same question, I was told to just bring a photo ID. Thank you for your help!

Please help! I am picking up my badge at the convention center, but someone else signed up for the badge for me (it's in my name, though). In the confirmation email I got it says "Bring a printout of your confirmation page from the registration system." but I don't have that. How do I get that? Thank you for your help!

This post has been edited by Dark Lord: 13 May 2010 - 11:37 AM

#195 User is offline   Yani 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 21115

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

Is there any official dates for next year's acen?
Watashi wa Yani desu. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

#196 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:51 PM

View PostYani, on May 16 2010, 10:23 PM, said:

Is there any official dates for next year's acen?

May 20-22

http://www.animecons...info.shtml/2035
~~

#197 User is offline   sailormoon846212 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 54503

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:38 PM

Will there be any forum contests? Like where you can win legit stuff. I read one in a past year, I think that had a contest for badges for the corresponding con. I was wondering if there was ever going to be another one.

#198 User is offline   Jguy 

• Elite Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Elite
  • Member No.: 18261

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:06 PM

Every so often the moderators host an event that gets you a different forum title, but I don't think we do that much anymore. I could be wrong, though.
Go ahead and stop by my website: My Site

jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cookie
apt-get: cookie not found
jguy@jguy:~$ apt-get cake
apt-get: cake not found[/font][/center]

#199 User is offline   sailormoon846212 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 54503

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:51 PM

When can we expect tickets to go online for 2011? I can't wait for next year! :thumbup:

#200 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 May 2010 - 10:08 PM

View Postsailormoon846212, on May 23 2010, 10:51 PM, said:

When can we expect tickets to go online for 2011? I can't wait for next year! :thumbup:

Usually registration opens around September, but who knows, they may open earlier. Otherwise keep an eye out for our Road Show events. But it's not going to be for a bit - we're still wrapping up this year! :)

#201 User is offline   LambOfTheForest 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 49032

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:11 AM

This may be random, but I've been noticing the new labels or groups such as: Noobie, Sage, Obsessed, etc... I was just wondering the different groups there are and how many post does it take to move up in the ranks. Cause being a noob is not meant to be. T.T
On that day, all female officers will be required to wear... tiny miniskirts!

ACEN Cosplay FUN
1. Sunako Nakahara (The Wallflower)!!! - 20%
2. Rhode (D. Gray Man) - 90%
3. Izumi Curtis (Full Metal Alchemist) - 90% Huzzah!!!

#202 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:12 PM

View PostLambOfTheForest, on 20 October 2010 - 11:11 AM, said:

This may be random, but I've been noticing the new labels or groups such as: Noobie, Sage, Obsessed, etc... I was just wondering the different groups there are and how many post does it take to move up in the ranks. Cause being a noob is not meant to be. T.T

It's a combination of things, not just a post count - time on the board, posts per day, etc.

The specifics are secret though. :]

As for the group themselves, there's actually a lot (not counting the various staff groups, mods/super mods, and admin) that are a surprise for when people attain them. :]
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#203 User is offline   LambOfTheForest 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:34 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on 20 October 2010 - 09:12 PM, said:

It's a combination of things, not just a post count - time on the board, posts per day, etc.

The specifics are secret though. :]

As for the group themselves, there's actually a lot (not counting the various staff groups, mods/super mods, and admin) that are a surprise for when people attain them. :]

That's pretty cool to keep things a surprise. But that still doesn't quench my thirst of knowledge! XD I guess I'll wait and find out! I've already evolved into LURKER! ^^

ACEN Cosplay FUN

#204 User is offline   shinigamiJACULA 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 19454

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:42 AM

View PostLambOfTheForest, on 20 October 2010 - 10:34 PM, said:

That's pretty cool to keep things a surprise. But that still doesn't quench my thirst of knowledge! XD I guess I'll wait and find out! I've already evolved into LURKER! ^^

lololol it's like pokemon:acen forums style! i wonder what i'm gonna evolve into...maybe i should post some more and level up! xD

btw do we "level up" based on the total number of posts we've made or based on the number of posts not including insanity forum, etc.?
Hello from California!!! =D

Please visit my deviantART account!

...I look like Rukia, but I don't do that on purpose!!! I look like that every day...=___=U (check out my profile pic if you don't believe me!)

#205 User is offline   LambOfTheForest 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:26 AM

View PostshinigamiJACULA, on 21 October 2010 - 12:42 AM, said:

lololol it's like pokemon:acen forums style! i wonder what i'm gonna evolve into...maybe i should post some more and level up! xD

btw do we "level up" based on the total number of posts we've made or based on the number of posts not including insanity forum, etc.?

I think the frequency of post is included too. Like if you have a few hundred post but it they're scarce with weeks inbetween them, you might get Big Foot (MY CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!) But I think it has to be post AT the actual forum and not post on personal profiles... hopefully this can satisfy your quest for knowledge till someone that knows what they're talking about answers you. ^^

ACEN Cosplay FUN

#206 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:49 PM

View PostLambOfTheForest, on 21 October 2010 - 08:26 AM, said:

I think the frequency of post is included too. Like if you have a few hundred post but it they're scarce with weeks inbetween them, you might get Big Foot (MY CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!) But I think it has to be post AT the actual forum and not post on personal profiles... hopefully this can satisfy your quest for knowledge till someone that knows what they're talking about answers you. ^^

Not really a matter of not knowing - the specifics are a secret so people don't try to spam to just get a different group/title, etc.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#207 User is offline   shinigamiJACULA 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 19454

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on 21 October 2010 - 12:49 PM, said:

Not really a matter of not knowing - the specifics are a secret so people don't try to spam to just get a different group/title, etc.

oh the suspense!!! =O it's killing me! i can't wait to have a different title cuz 'regular' sounds so....regular xD
Hello from California!!! =D

Please visit my deviantART account!

...I look like Rukia, but I don't do that on purpose!!! I look like that every day...=___=U (check out my profile pic if you don't believe me!)

#208 User is offline   Exezer 

• Exhibit Space
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 53384

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:34 AM

Just wondering if midway does free shuttle or even a shuttle to the Hyatt hotel?

#209 User is offline   Roark 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11290

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:00 AM

View PostExezer, on 23 October 2010 - 06:34 AM, said:

Just wondering if midway does free shuttle or even a shuttle to the Hyatt hotel?

There's an hourly bus from Midway, but it's $25. http://www.ohare.hya...ation/index.jsp

Your other option is to take the Orange line into the city, transfer to the Blue line, and take that to the Rosemont station. Otherwise, there's not really any other good options. Midway is on the far south side, and O'Hare is fairly far north.

#210 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:05 PM

View PostshinigamiJACULA, on 21 October 2010 - 03:11 PM, said:

oh the suspense!!! =O it's killing me! i can't wait to have a different title cuz 'regular' sounds so....regular xD

Think of it as being "one of the regulars". That's how it was intended.

I can tell you that post count is the most important factor, but that posts in threads like "Count to 300" or other crazy things in Insanity aren't put into the mix. (So that we don't get people spamming to get up in ranks.)

There are actually a few perks that come with higher levels, but (and here's a tidbit for you) there is a rank that you are for only one post. But it's pretty far up there.
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users