Anime Central Forums: Q And A Center - Anime Central Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Q And A Center For those who have asked questions on the forums but have yet to get a

#151 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 20 January 2010 - 07:34 PM

View PostShikiMatsuri, on Jan 20 2010, 05:46 PM, said:

Can you make a new topic on the forums?

If you have "permission" you can create a new topic (not sure if everyone gets that "permission" or it has to be "earned" after a while...).

Go to the specific sub-forum you wish to create a new topic in. Near the top of the page on the upper right there should be a tab that reads "NewTopic". Click on that and you should get a create a new topic page. Some sub-forums are "locked" and only certain level users (eg administrators) can create topics in that sub-forum. Other sub-forums are open to all.
This space intentionally left blank.

#152 User is offline   ShikiMatsuri 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 47534

Posted 21 January 2010 - 08:11 AM

View Postobakasan, on Jan 20 2010, 07:34 PM, said:

If you have "permission" you can create a new topic (not sure if everyone gets that "permission" or it has to be "earned" after a while...).

Go to the specific sub-forum you wish to create a new topic in. Near the top of the page on the upper right there should be a tab that reads "NewTopic". Click on that and you should get a create a new topic page. Some sub-forums are "locked" and only certain level users (eg administrators) can create topics in that sub-forum. Other sub-forums are open to all.

Oh Okay :D Thank you!! :3

#153 User is offline   Kscriv 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19437

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:27 PM

Just wanted to ask for anyone that has been there in the past (and I know the question was asked, but not answered so well)...

I'm going to be staying at a hotel about 10 miles from the con, is there anywhere to stash a bag so that I don't need to carry all of my stuff with me everywhere. Is there a bag check or lockers anywhere in the area?

#154 User is offline   redx1 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 20031

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:48 PM

There have been no lockers or bag checks the last two years i've been to acen. I highly doubt there will be anything this year either.
~~

#155 User is offline   Kscriv 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 19437

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:21 PM

To that end, where in the convention are bags not allowed?

#156 User is offline   obakasan 

• Exhibit Space ADH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 2555

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:37 PM

How large a bag?

How much access would you need to it? Could you have a fellow con-goer stash it in their room (say a the Hyatt) for you, knowing that you may only be able to get to it if and when you can find that person again (they have the free time to open the room for you)? Know anyone staying at a closer hotel?

Just some thoughts.
This space intentionally left blank.

#157 User is offline   Voxx 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 16994

Posted 01 February 2010 - 07:03 PM

View PostKscriv, on Feb 1 2010, 01:21 PM, said:

Well the only problem with carrying a bag is that you cannot take bags into concerts or other functions no matter how big or small they are. If you are just carrying around a backback or something like that, thats fine.
Allons-y Sugar Pea!

#158 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:44 PM

View PostKscriv, on Jan 24 2010, 09:27 PM, said:

Just wanted to ask for anyone that has been there in the past (and I know the question was asked, but not answered so well)...

I'm going to be staying at a hotel about 10 miles from the con, is there anywhere to stash a bag so that I don't need to carry all of my stuff with me everywhere. Is there a bag check or lockers anywhere in the area?

Unfortunately there is no bag check. There has been discussion of offering it but I haven't heard anything new for a while, so I doubt it will be available this year. Your best bet is stashing in your car, or if a friend is staying at the Hyatt or has a car, stashing with them.

View PostKscriv, on Feb 1 2010, 01:21 PM, said:

The only times when you are not allowed bags is the Soap Bubble, and I believe the concerts. It will be announced beforehand. For the Soap Bubble, no bags whatsoever are allowed (unless it's changed since the announcement I heard like twenty times from IRT manning that line last year ;) ).

Hope that helps!
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#159 User is offline   Kazara 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 4599

Posted 28 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

Are tickets being done this year?

What are the details?

Thanks!
'You should never hurt the feelings of a brutal killer. You know, that's, uh, that's actually some pretty good advice.'

Xander
Crush

#160 Guest_SongstressLenne_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:18 PM

View PostKazara, on Apr 28 2010, 05:44 PM, said:

Are tickets being done this year?

What are the details?

Thanks!

Kazara see here :) http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=36035

#161 User is offline   Krystal 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 14958

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:05 PM

So since it says there will be a masquerade ball next year, will we need tickets for that?
Acen 2011: I lost my red kodak camera. If you found it, PLEASE contact me. I really miss it.

#162 User is offline   sailormoon846212 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 54503

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:34 PM

View PostKnitChick, on Feb 2 2010, 12:44 AM, said:

Unfortunately there is no bag check. There has been discussion of offering it but I haven't heard anything new for a while, so I doubt it will be available this year. Your best bet is stashing in your car, or if a friend is staying at the Hyatt or has a car, stashing with them.

Hope that helps!

What if we are traveling by ourself and need to set down a small bag filled with things for the con, could we perhaps ask a Acen staff to watch our stuff for a minute?

Also what shuttle buses go to and from the con?, I'll be staying at the hampton inn and it says that there is a free shuttle to and from the con, does anyone know which one?

#163 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:33 PM

The helpful people at your hotel will know which shuttle will get you to the con, and the Bellmen at the Hyatt keep track of what shuttles go where. So they can point out the right one to you when you want to go.

As for Staff watching your stuff I am sorry to say we can't do so. It has nothing to do with not liking you or anything. It is just that if we did it for you other would want us to, and then if someone is missing something they will blame us. One claim of a lost irreplaceable item might mean no Acen next year. So we can not do it for you.

The Hotel might be able to. But double check that for sure.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#164 User is offline   sailormoon846212 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 54503

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:50 PM

View Postsammy-45, on Apr 28 2010, 09:33 PM, said:

As for Staff watching your stuff I am sorry to say we can't do so. It has nothing to do with not liking you or anything. It is just that if we did it for you other would want us to, and then if someone is missing something they will blame us. One claim of a lost irreplaceable item might mean no Acen next year. So we can not do it for you.

The Hotel might be able to. But double check that for sure.

It's okay, I understand that logic. Do you mean should I ask the staff at the hyatt, like maybe customer service?

#165 User is offline   Kazara 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 4599

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:58 PM

View PostSongstressLenne, on Apr 29 2010, 12:18 AM, said:

Thanks, I did find that eventually. I kept looking all over and somehow missed it.

Thanks again!
'You should never hurt the feelings of a brutal killer. You know, that's, uh, that's actually some pretty good advice.'

Xander
Crush

#166 User is offline   Storm Yuki 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 52921

Posted 01 May 2010 - 01:40 PM

Hey staff my mom and I have been trying to find out where we can get tickets at the door and your site has no infortmation. Can you please tell us? We're not going to be able to go if we can't even navigate the ACEN site easily. I had to register here just to do so. Please tell us now because we really want to go. Seriously reply soon please!

Also: VIC MIGNOGNA IS GONNA BE THERE!? (Just found this out.) Come on this is really getting old I can't wait three days to get a reply! Today is do or don't go. We need to know!

This post has been edited by Storm Yuki: 01 May 2010 - 01:51 PM

Only the insane are truly sane and the sane who claim their sane are the true insane.

#167 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 01 May 2010 - 02:46 PM

View PostStorm Yuki, on May 1 2010, 02:40 PM, said:

Hey staff my mom and I have been trying to find out where we can get tickets at the door and your site has no infortmation. Can you please tell us? We're not going to be able to go if we can't even navigate the ACEN site easily. I had to register here just to do so. Please tell us now because we really want to go. Seriously reply soon please!

Also: VIC MIGNOGNA IS GONNA BE THERE!? (Just found this out.) Come on this is really getting old I can't wait three days to get a reply! Today is do or don't go. We need to know!

You're asking to buy your badges at the con correct? You come to the Rosemont Convention Center, walk inside (basically at the front of the building you'll see a REALLY BIG circular drive. Walk in the doors that are at the center of the drive and you'll see the entrance to our registration/exhibit hall/artist's alley to your left, you shouldn't be able to miss it).

There is no cap so you WILL get in. You might have to wait in line for a little while at peak times but if I recall the wait was MAXIMUM one hour all weekend last year.

There are no tickets for individual events, your badge gets you into everything. The only exception is if you attend the Aural Vampire panel, there are tickets there to guarantee entry to the concert (and that's only if you're going to both the panel and concert).

So COME COME COME!!! We want to see you there!!!
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#168 User is offline   Storm Yuki 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:30 PM

View PostKnitChick, on May 1 2010, 03:46 PM, said:

You're asking to buy your badges at the con correct? You come to the Rosemont Convention Center, walk inside (basically at the front of the building you'll see a REALLY BIG circular drive. Walk in the doors that are at the center of the drive and you'll see the entrance to our registration/exhibit hall/artist's alley to your left, you shouldn't be able to miss it).

There is no cap so you WILL get in. You might have to wait in line for a little while at peak times but if I recall the wait was MAXIMUM one hour all weekend last year.

There are no tickets for individual events, your badge gets you into everything. The only exception is if you attend the Aural Vampire panel, there are tickets there to guarantee entry to the concert (and that's only if you're going to both the panel and concert).

I'll be sure to tell my mom. She'll be glad to know this defininetly. Sorry for being so brash earlier but my mom was having trouble since she even tried to call the con directly.

And she'll be even happier to know our badges get us into everything.
Only the insane are truly sane and the sane who claim their sane are the true insane.

#169 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10570

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:37 PM

View PostKnitChick, on May 1 2010, 03:46 PM, said:

That's not true anymore. The DH of GR said that they are not going to do that. They cancelled Saturday's panel because it ended a half hour before the concert and that isn't enough time.

http://www.acen.org/forums/index.php?s=&am...st&p=896409

ACen '14 Cosplay
Fem!Gundam Tanaka [Super Dangan Ronpa 2] [100%]
ACen forum's number one poster and Disney nut.

View PostFoolish Humon, on 13 June 2010 - 07:19 PM, said:

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#170 User is offline   Storm Yuki 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:41 PM

Well I don't know who Aural Vampire so it won't be terribly missed for me. Long as me and my mom are able to go then thats great.

#171 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:45 PM

View PostStorm Yuki, on May 1 2010, 07:41 PM, said:

Well I don't know who Aural Vampire so it won't be terribly missed for me. Long as me and my mom are able to go then thats great.

Yup! And as long as you have fun it will be worth the stress. lol
ACen '14 Cosplay

Ladies ladies ladies, if you find a man whose only concern about a woman is her breast size, he just may be dumb enough to believe you if you say you have Ds when you have Bs. :thumbup:

#172 User is offline   Storm Yuki 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:48 PM

Just one question that isn't posted on any of the ACEN sites. When does the con start? We wanna get there to meet the crowds also are credit cards allowed for buying merchandise? (Just we can't spend a lot of cash. We're taking the train. Also are autographs free?)

#173 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

There really isn't a start time.

It really depends because some things open at different times. I believe you said you and your mom are going Saturday only. A panel can start as early as 8am. Registration opens at 8am, Dealers Room opens at 10am along with Artists Alley.

Credit Cards are allowed, but not all vendors take them so it's best to keep some cash on you just in case.

And autographs are free.

ACen '14 Cosplay

#174 User is offline   Storm Yuki 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 01 May 2010 - 09:54 PM

Thanks a bunch. This is making things so much easier. But the registration is for the badges right? Sorry but I'm new to the world of anime cons so I'm a little confused by everything.

This post has been edited by Storm Yuki: 01 May 2010 - 09:55 PM

#175 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2010 - 10:05 PM

Don't be sorry. Everyone was/is new at some point in time. =)

Correct. Registration is for badges.

ACen '14 Cosplay

#176 User is offline   Storm Yuki 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 02 May 2010 - 05:40 PM

Thank you so much.

This post has been edited by Storm Yuki: 02 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

#177 User is offline   Falling_Demon 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 16834

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:54 PM

Is there a fee for checking out late at the Hyatt?
Also, if we want to stay later than noon but check out, does the hotel have an area where we can stash or stuff?
ACen 2012: Tsubaki (Soul Eater)

#178 User is offline   Lina 

• Queen Of Posts
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:13 PM

View PostFalling_Demon, on May 4 2010, 08:54 PM, said:

Is there a fee for checking out late at the Hyatt?
Also, if we want to stay later than noon but check out, does the hotel have an area where we can stash or stuff?

Last year, they held onto attendee's luggage. I did that last year. I think they gave you a ticket with a number on it so they could match it with the one on your luggage.
ACen '14 Cosplay

#179 User is offline   Bloo09 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17891

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:00 AM

You can request a late check out with the Hyatt but it isn't a guarantee. And they've always held my luggage when needed.
ACen 14 - Panel Programming Department Head and Crystal Ball Manager
ACen 12 - 14 - ACen & Anime Central Facebook Group(s) Administrator
ACen 13 - Panel Programming Department Head and Crystal Ball Manager, ACen 12 - Panel Programming Dept. Head and Crystal Ball Manager,
ACen 11 - Reg Dept. Head, ACen 10 - Reg Dept. Head, ACen 09 - Reg Asst. Dept. Head, ACen 08 - Guest Relations staff, ACen 07 - IRT Guest Escort

Please contact me if you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding Panel Programming for Anime Central. PanelProgramming@ACen.org.
If you have any questions about the Crystal Ball please email CrystalBall@ACen.org

My private messages are now disabled. Between friend invite spam, and forum notices as a moderator I was missing panel related private messages. Please email us to contact panels, thank you!

#180 User is offline   Falling_Demon 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 16834

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:53 AM

Ok, thanks to you both for your help :)
ACen 2012: Tsubaki (Soul Eater)

• 8 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked