Anime Central Forums: I Hate My Job - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

I Hate My Job Seven Reasons Why

Poll: Ways for Sentinel to Avoid Complete Mental Breakdown (43 member(s) have cast votes)

How should I take out my frustrations on this place?

1. Gunpowder barrels. Remember, Remember, the Fifth of November. (17 votes [23.94%])

Percentage of vote: 23.94%

2. Chainsaw. Everything works better with chainsaws. (11 votes [15.49%])

Percentage of vote: 15.49%

3. TekoMuto. Clears out rooms faster than tear gas. (16 votes [22.54%])

Percentage of vote: 22.54%

4. Cincinnati Bengals. Most of them are already indicted; one more crime won't hurt. (4 votes [5.63%])

Percentage of vote: 5.63%

5. Excel Excel and an Eva. Always an explosive combination. (14 votes [19.72%])

Percentage of vote: 19.72%

6. Let Kahad grill the place with napalm. That's good eatin'. (9 votes [12.68%])

Percentage of vote: 12.68%

Vote

#1 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 10 October 2007 - 06:28 PM

I'm having a bad night at work.

1) Someone had a fire sale for stupid old people. I'm not talking about just slightly senile folk; I'm talking STUPID. People who can't read signs. People who can't figure out a simple thing like a hotel room key. People who don't understand directions. There are stupid young people too--even better, they're being subsidized by my manager to stay here for nearly free. Did I mention they're drunk...AND DRIVING?! :blink:

2) Not only are they stupid, they are also demanding. The keys don't work. Okay, no sweat--I'll fix them. Except that since I haven't fixed them in five seconds, I'm clearly incompetent. (Funny how MY keys work...) Oh, and now that they're done insulting me, they'd also like to know a good place to eat. Sure...tonight YOU DINE IN HELL! :angry:

3) Phone won't stop ringing. Even better, everyone waits to call when there's four people standing in front of the desk who need to check in. And they all want to make reservations. Either that, or they have stupid questions like, "Hey, I saw this neat horse-skin rug on your wall. Just wanted to know where you got it!" I skinned your MOM for it, actually.

4) Stupid computers don't work half the time. Took me three times on three different computers to finally get to ACen. If I'm able to log onto my teaching site, the Internet will apparently explode.

5) The hotel is 40 years old almost and falling apart, but it's my responsibility to fix it. NOW. If I haven't built brand new rooms in less time than it takes the A-Team to build a bridge, then I fail at life and don't deserve my job.

6) Apparently if you are a Platinum I-Stay-A-Lot member, you have authority only slightly less than the President. And he'd better watch out. So if Platinum guests order me to commit ritual suicide, I must obey immediately.

7) The restaurant serves us two-day leftovers and we get charged to eat it. At least if I was in the Army I could hunt something down and kill fresh meat.

I know it's childish and maybe even attention whoring...but...I need a hug. Or a bazooka. Either one works.

Oh, and post what you think I should do to feel better about working this dead-end job while I wait for my real one to come through.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Waiting...waiting...waiting..."
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#2 User is offline   gears102 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 13923

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:24 PM

I say think about the movie Logan's Run. A society without old people. that may lighten your mood.
I <3 FANGIRLS

#3 User is offline   kahad 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 532

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:26 PM

My grill is ready. Just say the word and it's BBQ Grillin' time!!!
K-chan (nickname given by ngsilver)
Are YOU on my grilling list??? (Updated 9-26-2008)
Master Chef of the Great Otaku Army and Spam Squad member!!!
AMV Staff ACen 2005-2007, Panel Programming Staff ACen 2008-2012 :)
Maho! - not just a saying, a way of life.

#4 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:30 PM

*Gives a Bazooka.

I dunno what to tell you. What job doesn't suck? We as humans can only grin and bear it right?

*whispers
or you can use the bazooka...
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#5 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:10 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on Oct 11 2007, 01:30 AM, said:

*Gives a Bazooka.

I dunno what to tell you. What job doesn't suck? We as humans can only grin and bear it right?

*whispers
or you can use the bazooka...

That sounds good. Let me add something more: I better not hear anything about stupid Americans again, because I can assure you, there are some DUMB foreigners too. I guess they don't have phones in Russia, because I've had to explain how one works twice tonight. To the SAME PERSON.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"I think I want a tank now"

BEAR CAV!

#6 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 10188

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:25 AM

Working for motel 6, I know EXACTLY how you feel!!! Just remember most of the old people will be dead looooooooong before you retire.
i'm back, for now anyway.

#7 User is offline   Fairy Godmoose 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 8964

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:35 AM

Man, that sounds terrible...out of curiosity, though, what's a fire sale?
Previous cosplays:
Anna Kyoyama (Shaman King) - Wizard World Chicago 2006
Ayumu "Osaka" Kasuga (Azumanga Daioh) - Anime Central 2007
Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist) - Anime Central 2008

#8 User is offline   Ohki 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 8930

Posted 11 October 2007 - 11:52 AM

Wow, that sounds like fail right thar. Maybe we should hire M.D. Geist to destroy the place and kill those people...>.>

(Wow, and I'm STILL obsessed with M.D. Geist. "M.D." does NOT stand for "Medical Doctor"!)
South Korea likes breasts.
Ukraine has breasts.
She has them in spades.
If South Korea and Ukraine were to hook up...
Then South Korea would never have a shortage of breasts ever again.

#9 User is offline   GiveUpTheGhost 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3441

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:49 PM

good choice on the bengals you emo old man.
My barren plan to be a better man
Rots in abandoned fields
These idle hands inherit spoiled lands
As the hungry become the pigs
We reap (and) we sow
We mourn who we were
Love what we lost

#10 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:56 PM

View PostGiveUpTheGhost, on Oct 15 2007, 12:49 AM, said:

good choice on the bengals you emo old man.

I am so NOT emo!

*snif*

You're so mean!

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *deep breath* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

BEAR CAV!

#11 User is offline   HikariS 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 6839

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:18 PM

eeep thats rough...
Honestly this doesn't seem to be a good time of year for anybody what's up with that?
Anyways *GLOMPETH* FEEL BETTER even if that involves blowing a couple things up *places dynamite secretly on a table*
<3 So many cosplays so little time <3
ACen '14 Cosplays: AoT: Dead!Marco Bodt ~ Phoenix Wright: Athena Cykes ~ Free!: Rei Ryugazaki(Arabian Ending outfit)~ Amnesia: Heroine
Past Cosplay: Final Fantasy 13-2: Yeul ~ Alice Madness Returns: Alice "Late but Lucky" dress ~ Soul Calibur 4: Shura ~ Kuroshitsuji: Ciel Phantomhive ~ KH-BBS: Aqua ~ Phoenix Wright: Maya Fey ~ Kuroshitsuji: Ranmao ~ Durarara: Izaya Orihara Angel Sanctuary- Michael ~ FF8-Rinoa ~ FF7- Tifa ~ FFX-Summoner Yuna~ FF IX-Garnet ~ Gackt- Malice Mizer: Bel Air ~Soul Calibur III-Taki~ Malizer Mizer Gackt: Le-Ciel live

#12 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:09 PM

Try retail its worse.

I get at least 4 crappy old guys who come in just to be mean and crappy to the people working there.

Don't they know we don't get paid that much, and that its a hard job as it is just to be nice to them. Espaicaly when you just work on the front end. How in the world are we supposed to know everything that we carry in a home improvment store, when most of us can't tell a carragie bolt from a lag bolt- excapt by the pics (I know the diffrienc thank goodness for theatre).

It is not an easy job, and most days crappy customers don't help matters much.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#13 User is offline   audaciouska241 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 10462

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:36 PM

*hugs* I know. All jobs suck. Psh, I get to deal with a fair lot of idiots at Blockbuster. They come and yell at me if they accidentally rent a movie with subtitles. God forbid they had to read and watch a movie at the same time!!!!

#14 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5659

Posted 28 November 2007 - 09:33 PM

-hugs Sent-kun, hand drifts lowler and cops a feel.-

Heehee ironically about the bengals thing....I was trying to get a denver broncos sticker out of quarter machine thing and got a bengals sticker instead.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Hungary: Hetalia
Fairy Tail
One Piece

#15 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:07 PM

o-really
you think your job sucks
wait till you hear these

to day i had to walk to work
five whole minuets from school
then when i get there
my free catered lunch was worm and waiting for me on the counter
after half an hour of walking around i finally got to work
time for playdoh
at 3pm i got the kids up from there naps
then we had gram crackers and milk
free
after cleaning up it was time to draw pictures
then legos, lincoln logs, and then a move
during witch i played pokemon on my DS
finally we had a catered dinner and i left
a hard days work at 10.50 a hour
lol :D
good times to all
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#16 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 28 November 2007 - 10:16 PM

you should be ashamed of yourself !!!!!!

this is a I hate my job thread... not my job is so easy and I love it soo much I have to rub it all in your face. -Ok so that was a bit mean I'm sorry.

I just really need a new job and can't find one thanks to the piss poor jobs in Mi because the unemployment rate is like 8%, so I have to be happy with the crappy job I have.

but thats only till we move- if we get to move.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#17 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:12 PM

View PostMillions_Knives, on Nov 29 2007, 04:07 AM, said:

o-really
you think your job sucks
wait till you hear these

to day i had to walk to work
five whole minuets from school
then when i get there
my free catered lunch was worm and waiting for me on the counter
after half an hour of walking around i finally got to work
time for playdoh
at 3pm i got the kids up from there naps
then we had gram crackers and milk
free
after cleaning up it was time to draw pictures
then legos, lincoln logs, and then a move
during witch i played pokemon on my DS
finally we had a catered dinner and i left
a hard days work at 10.50 a hour
lol :D
good times to all

knives, knives, knives.....

you're job is easy compared to his, plus you're always braggin about how much ya get paid, how easy your job is and how you manipulate the chillun. no belly achin from you!!

*hugs senta-kun*

there there it's allright <3
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#18 User is offline   CrimsonSky 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 11894

Posted 28 November 2007 - 11:15 PM

Yes bad jobs are no fun and I know how those go since I'm currently stuck in retail explaining computers all day.

#19 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:01 AM

I hear y'all. This Sunday's comics had a strip that really expressed how I feel about customers I have to deal with -- it was "Pigs Before Swine" and Pig's brain was leaving and it told Pig just how many people are walking around without their brains because the brains escaped while they were watching TV....Pig said that explains a lot. I was like, yeah that would be it.

Everyone expects me to think for them. Typical interaction? Customer drops bolt of fabric on counter and says I need to cover four chairs. I say how big are the chairs? They say standard size. I say there is no standard chairs come in ALL DIFFERENT SIZES did you measure? Customer says Oh no I didn't they're this big *holds up hands* I suppress thoughts of nice sharp broadsword sitting in car trunk.

I really need a desk job...where I can sit on my butt in front of a computer all day. And not deal with people.
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#20 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:26 AM

View PostKnitChick, on Nov 29 2007, 03:01 AM, said:

I really need a desk job...where I can sit on my butt in front of a computer all day. And not deal with people.

False. But before I complain...

::hugs senta-kun:: 'S OK. I have sent one of my sentient tornados your way. They have low stupidity tolerance, and are set to obliterate anything stupid they encounter.

Now, to begin my complaint about my own office job.

At any given time, I have 25 different research/data entry tasks to perform for 40 different people who are calling me on the phone constantly requesting updates on the task they asked me to perform. This consists of at least 2 people from the same department (because they don't seem to talk to each other before they call me about something), for each department. Of course, since I am constantly answering the phone I am constantly being slowed down if I don't have to restart the task because my login has timed out. Did I mention that everyone requesting the task wants them completed within the hour?

I also have to schedule our inbound shipments, as well as deal directly with the truck drivers who bring in the shipments. I have nothing against truck drivers--they're awesome people, but some of these guys (a select but notable few) need to take showers! Driving 3000 miles while stewing in your own juices is not cool, and when you show up smelling like all that be damned you should not wonder why people do not want to talk face-to-face with you. Stinky bastards or no, these drivers seem to always want to talk to me specifically because I am small and cute, so more interruptions for me, especially when they want to tell me their amazing(ly either uninteresting or distracting) stories of being on the road.

More phone drama. I get at least 6 misdirected calls every day from customers who do not listen to the options in our automated system (I deal with carriers, not customers). After I listen to their story about how "Hi my name is [garbled and unpronounceable name] and my order number is ... and I ordered a ... and I just wanted to check on the status..." I have to spend a minimum of 5 minutes before I can get rid of them because they insist on "speaking to a live person about their [stupid furniture name] chair". Well sorry lady, I work in the warehouse, and I don't deal directly with the customer, so you're lucky I haven't freakin' "accidentally" dropped your call.

And if I even get started on the stupid people I actually work with, this post will turn into a novella.
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#21 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:43 AM

to put it simply my friends, the only way to really go throughout life without having a job is to work somewhere like Argon National Labs, or Fermi Labs and have some chemical explosion remove all of your bodily hair and then having the lab or government declare you physically disabled and give you an assload of money for the rest of your life.

so if you're good in chemistry, know how to stage a good "accident" and wouldn't mind being bald, that job's for u!
(hmmmmmm.... sounds like knives would be good at that XD)
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#22 User is offline   Kankokujin 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 11262

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:12 PM

I know how you feel man so don't think it weird when I do this. *hugs*. Yea, I know we are supposed to respect our elders and blah blah blah but they really push it sometimes. At the place I used to work, many of them don't even know what they want and demand the most tedious things. I especially hate those types that look down on you. I saw many wrinkles on this one old lady that made it apparent that she didn't smile that much in her life. It makes me wonder if some people have ever worked in their life. I personally learned to be more patient when I'm at food joints because of my experience.
えっ?これが読める?すごい!
그럼, 이걸 읽을수있나?

#23 User is offline   Oreo_Otaku 

• Registration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2339
  • Location:inside your mind... I'm a figment of your imagination

Posted 10 December 2007 - 10:51 PM

My boss just found out I had a second job. She's acting all dramatic about it. I walked her dog over the summer and part of the semester. I even scheduled classes around walking her dog which she had for a few months. She called me in to rake her leaves even though she has a lawn service. I even missed my cousin's wedding cause I had to work. I feel exploited.

BTW, I <3 my second job!
[center]How's my driving? Flip FOB Driver Pro: Oreo_Otaku. Comments? CALL: 111-555-9999
If you can read this you get a pat on the back.
I drank GOD and it is good!!!
Part of POWA*PinoyOneWorldAlliance*
ninja>pirates!
Acen Hamburglar

#24 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:59 AM

ima thinkin about leaving walts :/
i needs more monies

#25 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:13 PM

my job gave me a one deflated balloon that got stolen, for 2 kudos i got...
it's a fun job, but boring when you actually work
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#26 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8785

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:23 PM

View PostTekoMuto, on Dec 12 2007, 11:59 AM, said:

ima thinkin about leaving walts :/
i needs more monies

I hear ya...
=/
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#27 User is offline   Shattermage 

• AMV Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1989

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

Kahad's grill is a force to be reckoned with. I say use the Grillmaster™.
Yes, I am an airline pilot. No, you cannot have free tickets. And No, I don't know jack about "the best deals".

"Asking a pilot what he thinks about the FAA is like asking a fire hydrant what he thinks about dogs."

Achievement Unlocked
Haven't paid to attend a con in 5 years - 50G

#28 User is offline   mangahero 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 16782

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:39 PM

I'm a frickin janitor!!! at a high school!! The school i go to!!!

Its the high school with the nation wide talked about food fight last year

article
the school official was our principal.

I had to clean up after that crap!!

and the next day people were bragging about it!!

thankfully this year security wont be so lax.
Darko's Personal Bodyguard of the Apocolypse Army

Official Forum Ninja, UnHero and Thread Killer

Teko fan

#29 User is offline   S1NN3R 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 11618
  • Location:Barrington, IL - US / London, England - UK )( Sector 7C

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:20 AM

There's always kinkos...Wait Iwork there...It sucks Too! @#$*!
"You'll never have any answers untill you ask the questions"
When people start asking, I'll answer.

Contact Me

Acens attended. 1998-2002, 04-06,08-Present

#30 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:40 AM

yay! i complained enough at work and i got my 2 kudos balloons, fully inflated thank you!
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users