Anime Central Forums: My Roommate Has A Girlfriend, And I Hate Him - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

My Roommate Has A Girlfriend, And I Hate Him My roommate, that is.

Poll: Anime Central Official Methods of Torturing Roommates (26 member(s) have cast votes)

My roomie's slobbering over his girlfriend annoys me. I should:

1. Ignore the moron! (3 votes [6.00%])

Percentage of vote: 6.00%

2. Tell him that his drooling is getting on the carpet, and my nerves. (7 votes [14.00%])

Percentage of vote: 14.00%

3. Set him on fire. That'll teach him to get a girlfriend! (7 votes [14.00%])

Percentage of vote: 14.00%

4. Make his girlfriend watch Love Hina to get ideas. (2 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

5. Tell him his girlfriend looks like Hillary Clinton. (6 votes [12.00%])

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

6. Tell him his girlfriend looks like TekoMuto. (9 votes [18.00%])

Percentage of vote: 18.00%

7. Consult the oracles. THIS IS SPARTA! (4 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

8. Knock him out with a hammer, send him to Okinawa. (5 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

9. Listen to Morrissey and the Smiths, and realize the world is a bleak place. (2 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

10. Scream "OSUWARI!" at him. (5 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote

#1 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 05 October 2007 - 05:06 AM

Actually, I don't really hate my roomie, but he has a girlfriend that he's all sweet on. Nothing wrong with that, except when they're speaking all luvey-duvey with each other. Sadly, there is no "puke" emoticon on these boards.

I'm serious. I think two people saying "I love you" is a wonderful thing. But "I love you, sweetums!" every 3.5 seconds? (I'm not kidding, he calls her sweetums!) That's just wrong. And let's not talk about the kissy lips and "oh, you're sooo precious". This is the GUY talking, mind. When he's not talking to her on the phone--and he calls this chick to "tuck her in" every night, despite the fact that she's a grown woman--he's IM'ing her. He looked confused when I dedicated Animotion's "Obsession" to him, but then he was born after the 80s and is therefore lacking.

Now I've had girlfriends in the past, and I admit I've done some rather idiot things in the name of lust. But one thing I didn't do was act like my IQ had been reduced to 30. The other thing I didn't do was let her dictate to me how my life shall be run. For instance, my roomie comes to me the other day and informs me...

Roomie: "I'm going to give you all my anime."
Sent: "Really? KEWL!" (He has a complete Cowboy Bebop collection and some Full Metal Panic.)
Roomie: "Yeah, my girlfriend doesn't like anime, so I'm getting rid of all of it."
Sent: "I...see..." (I really don't. Don't like anime? There's the door, wench!)
Roomie: "Yeah. She doesn't like war movies either, so I'll probably get rid of those too."
Sent: (after a pause) "Does she like your testicles, or are those going as well?"
Roomie: :angry:
Sent: :lol:

Okay, not the best way to handle that. Who do I look like, Condi Rice?

In any case, please vote and inform me what I should do about said roomie's obsession with girlfriend. Difficulty: must be funny. (Yeah, his kissy-kissy-sweetums nauseates me, but I really do hope things work out between him and his lamprey.)

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Mainly because I get his anime"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#2 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:36 AM

Sounds like she's got him whipped. Damn that sucks.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#3 User is offline   gears102 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 13923

Posted 05 October 2007 - 08:17 AM

just ask him to ease up on that while your around.

also he is thoroughly whipped. I could understand if she just wanted him to not watch anime and war movies while she is around, but making him get rid of it?

I vote you strap him to a chair and make him watch videos of him doing that for hours on end.
I <3 FANGIRLS

#4 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 10188

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:13 AM

View Postgears102, on Oct 5 2007, 09:17 AM, said:

I vote you strap him to a chair and make him watch videos of him doing that for hours on end.

I agree with you about this.
You got to hide a dvr somewhere to catch all that happens, and then show them what its like from your point of view. Then maybe they will get the hint that you don't want to see it all the time.
i'm back, for now anyway.

#5 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:25 AM

Oh and I voted for the Muto thing. That will scare anyone off.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#6 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 10188

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:44 AM

View Postexcel excel, on Oct 5 2007, 10:25 AM, said:

Oh and I voted for the Muto thing. That will scare anyone off.

You're gonna give somebody a heartattack!!!!!!
i'm back, for now anyway.

#7 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7072

Posted 05 October 2007 - 10:46 AM

i agree with excel. he'll stay away from her if you told her she looks like this
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#8 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:00 AM

this works for me
~twitches randomly~
NOT IN MY PRESENTS
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#9 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:22 AM

Its really funny to watch couples so insecure with themselves that they feel the need to say I love you every 5 seconds.

BTW, grats to him on being whipped like a little girl. Changing yourselves for others always works out well...

I'd say you just sit back and laugh cause either it'll all come crashing down on his head and he'll wonder why he got rid of all the stuff he liked for her or he'll completely submit to her and start asking her permission to run up to the local 7-11 with you.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#10 User is offline   Tigerfangs 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 3432

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:34 AM

SO the fact that he is whipped, well I doubt you can do anything about it. Just ignore him. And that picture..... makes me hungry for some coco pebbles!!!!!
The tiger is the largest land-living mammal whose diet consists entirely of meat. The roar of the tiger can be heard over a mile away. Watch out people... here I come!!!! ^_^

#11 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:01 PM

Thats actually his skin flakes he's eating :lol:
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#12 User is offline   kahad 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 532

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:53 PM

Yep, this is most definately a 100%, Grade A, genuine whipping. It's clear who wears the pants in this relationship.;

Here are my suggestions:;

1. Give your roommate a swift kick in the balls (if he has any left) and tell him to stop making narutards look good.;
2. Congratulate him on the nearly impossible task of making narutards look good.;
3. Start advising him on the latest fashion trends in skirts. He's definitely not the one that wears the pants in this relationship.;
4. While you are doing #2, congratulate your roommate for being such a fearsome representative of males. Say this line with as much sarcasm as possible, of course.;

Edit: You know you've been doing too much programming when you end most of the lines with a semicolon.
K-chan (nickname given by ngsilver)
Are YOU on my grilling list??? (Updated 9-26-2008)
Master Chef of the Great Otaku Army and Spam Squad member!!!
AMV Staff ACen 2005-2007, Panel Programming Staff ACen 2008-2012 :)
Maho! - not just a saying, a way of life.

#13 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2007 - 12:45 AM

View Postkahad, on Oct 5 2007, 08:53 PM, said:

Yep, this is most definately a 100%, Grade A, genuine whipping. ; It's clear who wears the pants in this relationship.;

Here are my suggestions:;

1. Give your roommate a swift kick in the balls (if he has any left) and tell him to stop making narutards look good.;
2. Congratulate him on the nearly impossible task of making narutards look good.;
3. Start advising him on the latest fashion trends in skirts. He's definitely not the one that wears the pants in this; relationship.;
4. While you are doing #2, congratulate your roommate for being such a fearsome representative of males. Say this line with as much sarcasm as possible, of course.;

Edit: You know you've been doing too much programming when you end most of the lines with a semicolon.

i'm no narutard :/
i've stopped posting links in my siggy due to degradation of the internet 5/23/12

#14 User is offline   ai_no_kaku 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 10175

Posted 06 October 2007 - 02:46 AM

You've got to be kiding me... the girlfriend doesn't like anime and war movies so he's getting rid of them?! That is rediculous. It's okay to have some different likes and dislikes between a couple. That's part of what makes the relationship fun! This is more than just whipped... this is a case of a guy who has no personality of his own when in a relationship. He sounds like he's completely dependant on this relationship. Has it been a while since he's had one? And I don't blame you for wanting to hurt him... if it were me, I probably would have done so by now. Sure... be all lovey-dovey baby talk every once in a while. But don't do it 24/7. That just makes a guy look dumb. Besides... isn't it normally the girl who acts like that? Wow... I just realized something. Your roomie reminds me of my little brothers current girlfriend. She calls him "Babyboo" and even drew him these... picture things. Calls him all the time, ims him all the time, 24/7 baby talk... yep. You're roomie is just like my brothers girlfriend. That's just scary.

#15 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2007 - 03:56 AM

View Postai_no_kaku, on Oct 6 2007, 08:46 AM, said:

You've got to be kiding me... the girlfriend doesn't like anime and war movies so he's getting rid of them?! That is rediculous. It's okay to have some different likes and dislikes between a couple. That's part of what makes the relationship fun! This is more than just whipped... this is a case of a guy who has no personality of his own when in a relationship. He sounds like he's completely dependant on this relationship. Has it been a while since he's had one? And I don't blame you for wanting to hurt him... if it were me, I probably would have done so by now. Sure... be all lovey-dovey baby talk every once in a while. But don't do it 24/7. That just makes a guy look dumb. Besides... isn't it normally the girl who acts like that? Wow... I just realized something. Your roomie reminds me of my little brothers current girlfriend. She calls him "Babyboo" and even drew him these... picture things. Calls him all the time, ims him all the time, 24/7 baby talk... yep. You're roomie is just like my brothers girlfriend. That's just scary.

I've never actually seen his girlfriend, so it's possible they are one and the same--

No, that's just disgusting. *slaps self*

Seriously though--he's a great guy, but the exact same thing happened in his last relationship, until the girl got so controlling that he finally got the hint that she was bad news. Funny thing is, he lost all his anime in that relationship too (the girl was a Bible thumper, and not the good kind, and convinced him anime was "evil") and went on a buying spree after they broke up.

I guess this makes me a stereotypical otaku, but if this is the price of a relationship, I'll stay single.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Unless I find some hot ACen-attending chick, that is"

BEAR CAV!

#16 User is offline   ai_no_kaku 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10175

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:03 AM

View Postsentinel28a, on Oct 6 2007, 04:56 AM, said:

I've never actually seen his girlfriend, so it's possible they are one and the same--

No, that's just disgusting. *slaps self*

Seriously though--he's a great guy, but the exact same thing happened in his last relationship, until the girl got so controlling that he finally got the hint that she was bad news. Funny thing is, he lost all his anime in that relationship too (the girl was a Bible thumper, and not the good kind, and convinced him anime was "evil") and went on a buying spree after they broke up.

I guess this makes me a stereotypical otaku, but if this is the price of a relationship, I'll stay single.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Unless I find some hot ACen-attending chick, that is"

Yeah... seriously, guy needs to grow a bit of a back bone. And how the hell is anime "evil"? *sigh* Some people just give Christians a bad name. Most relationships aren't like that though... sure there's always a bit of give and take - but that's just insane.

#17 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 06 October 2007 - 11:28 PM

When he is sleep, get a wet title, let it become cold (or just moisten it with cold water. lol) and whap some sense into him.

Who in their right mind will give up stuff they like for some other human?

I woulda kicked her to the curb if she told me to lose my anime.
*hugs anime

What if they break-up? Does he take it back?
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#18 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:08 AM

heh heh "bible thumper" i'm putting that in my kinky sounding phrase thread

#19 User is offline   wolverine33 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 582

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:34 AM

Just because she doesn't like some of the things you do it doesn't mean you should get rid of everything, it sounds like he's
kind a whipped, if they break up he'll sit there and think "why did i get of all that stuff'?? :blink:

You'll just have to see what happens....

Later B)

#20 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:13 AM

Anything that comes into my possession is MINE. He gives me teh animay, and I will put it in the Tower of Power for eternity.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"You will get my Kilala when you pry her from my cold, dead hands"

BEAR CAV!

#21 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:32 AM

my roomate has a first name.... it's h-o-m-e-r... my roomate has a secound name it's h-o-m-e-r.........

#22 User is offline   this_chick25 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7489

Posted 08 October 2007 - 02:45 AM

View PostTekoMuto, on Oct 5 2007, 10:46 AM, said:

i agree with excel. he'll stay away from her if you told her she looks like this

Hee-hee... Teko, I can see your brain!

Ugh... did she extract his spine and his testicles in his sleep?!?

Geez. I'm surprised she doesn't vomit all over him! Holy crap, my boyfriend and I differ in interests--he likes football, I like anime. He won't drag me to a football game (after the one time he took me and I got elbowed by a rabid fan), and I won't drag him to ACen or an anime movie release (the closest he'll come to anime is if the local Suncoast is having a sale).

Just like he'd bounce me off the nearest curb if I told him to get rid of his Xbox, I'd burn all his stuff if he told me to get rid of my anime/manga.

The Love Hina thing is a good idea, but since she's narrow-minded enough not to like anime, that idea is as good as scrapped. I'd make fun of them if I were you, but that's me.
Acen Attendee since 2001
Wondering how much to save for ACen? Click here!
FREE! Cosplay construction and materials advice--get yours now!
Never cause more mischief than that which is necessary for success.
Sig invade'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd'd by Alk <3

#23 User is offline   sailorgaia 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3856

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:33 AM

This can only end in tears. Seriously; it sounds like your friend is trying to "legitimize" himself somehow in the eyes of the world. He must figure the fact that he likes anime and is a geek is a sign of his lowness and the moment that a woman legitimizes his existence, he's happy to get rid of it all so he can finally be -normal.- Poor fool obviously has not figured out that being a geek is just as legitimate of an existence as being as being anyone else on this planet; being single while being a geek is not the bane of existence either. Being in a relationship with someone who neither appreciates nor will attempt to appreciate things that matter to you will only end in bitterness.

I have a friend who once gave away most of his (expensive) anime girl figurines because he figured that women who saw them would think him a creep for having them. I cannot and will never understand this way of thinking; I am a woman and I have never rolled my eyes at a man having a risqué poster on their wall nor even having a stack of porn-mags as high as their bed. I may smirk a little at their presence but I have never felt offended by them. Even with those I've dated who aren't into what I am I have tried to be at least interested in what they liked. Even when it ended I ended up growing in both knowledge and appreciation for different things.

You should tell your friend to compromise with his hygiene, his manners, or his language; not what makes him unique and fun.

View Postsentinel28a, on Oct 6 2007, 04:56 AM, said:

Funny thing is, he lost all his anime in that relationship too (the girl was a Bible thumper, and not the good kind, and convinced him anime was "evil") and went on a buying spree after they broke up.

Oh, and for the record: not all Bible Thumpers are non-fans of anime. I have been an otaku for now more than half of my life and have been a "bible thumper" longer. ^_^
"I like it when you clap for me, Ultros. I can just close my eyes and imagine that four people are clapping for me at once!"
Locke, the Hand of God

#24 User is offline   GiveUpTheGhost 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3441

Posted 08 October 2007 - 04:22 PM

I loved the morrissey Idea. looks like its time to take a bath with your radio eh?

Plus why are you sending his butt to me. I think of all the people on the board I would tolerate that behavior the least and speak openly and hurtful to him about it.
My barren plan to be a better man
Rots in abandoned fields
These idle hands inherit spoiled lands
As the hungry become the pigs
We reap (and) we sow
We mourn who we were
Love what we lost

#25 User is offline   TekoMuto 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:56 PM

View Postthis_chick25, on Oct 8 2007, 08:45 AM, said:

Hee-hee... Teko, I can see your brain!
Ugh... did she extract his spine and his testicles in his sleep?!?

Geez. I'm surprised she doesn't vomit all over him! Holy crap, my boyfriend and I differ in interests--he likes football, I like anime. He won't drag me to a football game (after the one time he took me and I got elbowed by a rabid fan), and I won't drag him to ACen or an anime movie release (the closest he'll come to anime is if the local Suncoast is having a sale).

Just like he'd bounce me off the nearest curb if I told him to get rid of his Xbox, I'd burn all his stuff if he told me to get rid of my anime/manga.

The Love Hina thing is a good idea, but since she's narrow-minded enough not to like anime, that idea is as good as scrapped. I'd make fun of them if I were you, but that's me.

that was a pic of me from like 3years ago at 6 in the morning. i'm much better looking now

ooo i got some blood on my face :D

#26 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2007 - 03:26 AM

View Postsailorgaia, on Oct 8 2007, 03:33 PM, said:

Oh, and for the record: not all Bible Thumpers are non-fans of anime. I have been an otaku for now more than half of my life and have been a "bible thumper" longer. ^_^

Hear, hear. I'm a bit of a Bible Thumper myself and definitely an otaku. The two are not mutually exclusive. Especially when you're doing research on the hierarchy of angels and realize Oh My Goddess has it more right than one might think. Didn't like the "shake the nun booty scene" in Chrono Crusade, though.

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"And we won't talk about Bible Black"

BEAR CAV!

#27 User is offline   jackspicer 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3522

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:56 AM

View Postsentinel28a, on Oct 5 2007, 11:06 AM, said:

Roomie: "I'm going to give you all my anime."
Sent: "Really? KEWL!" (He has a complete Cowboy Bebop collection and some Full Metal Panic.)
Roomie: "Yeah, my girlfriend doesn't like anime, so I'm getting rid of all of it."
Sent: "I...see..." (I really don't. Don't like anime? There's the door, wench!)
Roomie: "Yeah. She doesn't like war movies either, so I'll probably get rid of those too."
Sent: (after a pause) "Does she like your testicles, or are those going as well?"
Roomie: :angry:
Sent: :lol:

LMFAO!!!

I feel for your friend, but its one thing to get rid of a few anime titles because it makes her "uncomfortable" cuz ive had to do that. but ALL OF IT!? no way, no how. i couldnt be with someone that couldnt share (or at least tolerate) my hobbies :angry:
Proud member of the Bishe Brigade

#28 User is offline   Cerus 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 8896

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:07 AM

First off, he's pussywhipped. Second off, he needs to think for himself, no matter what she does for him and/or what she threatens to do. If any one of my ex girlfriends did that, our relationships would have ended alot sooner and with death rather than boredom.
Days sore from rave: 2

#29 User is offline   szwrld 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8938

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:35 PM

tell him to grow a pair of balls! his girlfriend is probably trying to change him and that shouldn't happen. People should date people because of who they are, not who they want someone to be.

#30 User is offline   mendokuse 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3415

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:28 PM

1. Leave him be and let him learn from the experience.
2. ...

I guess that's all I got. 'Keep' his anime and when it blows up (if/when it does), rub it in his face and then give it to back to him after you sweat him out a bit.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users