Anime Central Forums: How Do You Choose Your Cosplay Character? - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

How Do You Choose Your Cosplay Character?

#31 User is offline   Carmeleyes23 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 13757

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:13 PM

what people who cosplay as char's that are the opposite gender of them? How do you go about that...
Cosplay 2009
Rangiku Matsumoto (Bleach)

ACEN 2010
Anita Blake
Matsumoto (Bleach)

______________wii code 0061 4530 7677 7629

Dark Stranger's #1 FanGirl

#32 User is offline   hide_yourself 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6711

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:51 AM

I am really only interested in jrock cosplay, so first and foremost it has to be someone I actually like. Second, I enjoy complicated costumes, but if there's some part that will be super hard/expensive for me to get then I can't do it. Also, since I like to avoid wigs and such, I tend to only look at people with black hair. I have costumes in mind for when I get around to dying my hair other colours, but it won't be next year xD Since they're boys, well, I can't really go on similarity in looks, but they're feminine so it helps.

My only non-jrock costume was this year as Nana, and I only did that because my friend wanted to go as Hachi. It was cute, haha, but no anime for me in 08. Since I only go with 1-2 friends, sadly, a full band isn't really happening, though I try to coordinate my costume with what my friends are doing.
Acen 09- Kisaki (Phantasmagoria), and Asagi (D) revival!

#33 User is offline   Carmeleyes23 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 30 September 2007 - 12:58 PM

yeah we're doing that for Naruto and Inuyasha
Cosplay 2009

ACEN 2010
Anita Blake
Matsumoto (Bleach)

#34 User is offline   Aonele 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 11231

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:10 PM

The way I choose my cosplay is I choose whatever character naturally suits me the best, whose personally hopefully does not conflict with mine as well.

When I look for characters to cosplay, I first look for physique fitness: do I look about as tall as this character? Are we of the same gender? Do our facial feature seem the same? Can I get my natural hair to do that? etc. This is so I wouldn't have to spend so much money or time getting a wig (I'm sorry, I hate wigs D: ) or shoes. Also that way people wouldn't be asking me who I'm supposed to me XP

After I've checked that my physique fits the character, I then look at the personality of the character: do I really want to be a popular but slut-ish kind of character? Can I pick up little habits that the character does (ie biting nails, being shyt, etc)? Can I pretend to be this character for a few days? etc. This is also so that people wouldn't be asking me who I'm supposed to be.

Finally, the costume: Do I really want to wear that? Is it going to be hard to make? How much time do I have to spend on making this costume? Is it cost-friendly? I'm a cheapskate, so I always want to save as much money as I can. I also tend to choose characters whose costumes are not too revealing.

When all things are considered and are okay with me, then I start making the costume.

Hopefully this helps other people when they need to choose a cosplay that fits them :3
---Cosplay List 2012---
Will not be attending ;-;

#35 User is offline   Carmeleyes23 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:03 PM

that does help actually thank you so much ;)
Cosplay 2009

ACEN 2010
Anita Blake
Matsumoto (Bleach)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users