Anime Central Forums: Acen 2008 Dj Battle Royal- Deadlines Extended! - Anime Central Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Acen 2008 Dj Battle Royal- Deadlines Extended!

#1 User is offline   Harrison Bergeron 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 666

Post icon  Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:57 PM

[Because of low turnout, we're extending the deadline to April 19th, 2008. Online submissions need to be posted by 12:00AM April 20th, 2008

Anyone wishing to compete in the battle have two options available:

Send a 30 min mix on CD to the following address:

Anime Central
1600 Golf Road
Suite #12
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
Attn: ACen 2008 DJ Battle Grand Royal

(note- mail forwarding is in effect so if you have sent a CD to the old address, it will still reach us)

or

Send a 30 min mix in mp3 (96-128K) format via YouSendit and use kragshot@gmail.com as the notification address.

Mailed CDs must be postmarked by April 19th, 2008 and YouSendit submissions must be in by 12:00AM, April 20th, 2008.

Any CDs sent in after these dates and times, may or may not be considered as valid submissions at the contest judge's discretion.

We ask that if your mix music contains profanity, please indicate it in the info accompanying your mix. This will not disqualify your mix or negatively affect your judging, but we ask this out of consideration for our judges and allows us to bring in another judge who would not be offended by such music to evaluate your mix.

Upon receipt of all qualified mixes, they will be evaluated by our panel of judges. Each mix will be graded on five categories, using a five point scale for each category, with 1 being poor and 5 being excellent. Each mix can be awarded a maximum of 25 points.

The categories are:

Technical Competence: blending/beatmatching, and the use of the standard DJ techniques that nearly all jocks use in their mixing.

Trick Techniques: the skilled and stylish use and timing of scratching, frequency cuts, acapella tracks, harmonics, and other DJ tools.

Style: this is an index of the energy or vibe of your mix. Does your mix work within your genre (i.e. is your DownBeat or Goa mix mellow and groovy; is your Disco or House mix bringing the heat; are your Jungle or Trance mixes putting your audience in the right state of mind?).

Music Selection: sometimes a classic track will set the crowd off and a brand new track will hit the right vibe with the party. A good DJ knows how to balance between the two and work the line with dash and precision.

Judge's Vibe: This category is a bank of points that an individual judge can award to each DJ's mix. It simply demonstrates how well the judge is feeling your mix.

Please note that while you may use whatever mix method you wish for the opening submission, no software mixing is allowed in the semi finals and beyond except for Rane/Serato Scratch Live and Stanton Final Scratch (or similar software that uses CD decks/Turntables as its control system).

We will pick seven semi-finalists and four alternates. The three placed winners from last year automatically receive a bye into the semi final round, for a rounded out total of ten contestants and four alternates.

Semi-finalists will be announced on this forum on or just after May 5th, 2008. If we do not get the requisite number of contestants, we will make an announcement and simply invite all submitted contestants to compete. To compete in the semi-finals, you have to be a registered attendee of Anime Central 2008 by the start of the semi-final round on Friday afternoon, May 16th 2008.

Rules for Semi-final Round

The semi-finals will be held at 4:00PM (time may change- if so it will be listed) on Friday, May 11th at the DJ booth in the Exhibit Hall. During the semi-finals, the contestants will go at it live in front of our judges. Each will get 15-20 minutes (exact amount of time to be announced) to beat the box. At the end, only three will go to the final event.

The semi-final contestants will be judged on the same scale as above except there will be two new categories added to the list:

Showmanship: are you a studio DJ or are you a party performer? This is an index of how well you interact with your audience during your set.

Crowd Appeal: this is a three point category only. Are you moving the crowd or not? The judges will rate how well your performance entertains the audience. The three point limit is placed because we understand that the given audience at the time may not be fans of your chosen music genre.

DJ Battle Grand Royal Finals

The finals will be held during Underground Groove@ACen on Friday night.

The finalists will be evaluated as above for the final three winners, except that "Crowd Appeal" is now a five point category.

Each contestant will get 20-25 minutes to bring their best to the final round.

Awards and Prizes

All three finalists will receive full memberships to ACen 2009 and award trophies (we have no idea what our award ninjas will come up with, but it's guaranteed to be real cool).

The third place winner will receive a $50.00 gift certificate from Gramaphone Records, Chicago's Leading Dance Music Retailer- www.gramaphonerecords.com.

The second place winner will receive a $100.00 gift certificate from Gramaphone Records.

The first place winner will receive a $250.00 gift certificate from Gramaphone Records, a three-day/two-night hotel stay during ACen 2009, and a 30 minute slot to spin at the Soap Bubble 2008 on Saturday night.

There will probably be more prizes, but we'll keep those a mystery for now.

Last year, DJ NameLoc took the gold for the contest but can he hold it down for another year? That is up to you, if you think you have what it takes!

By the way, our three winners from 2007 are not required to send in new CDs, as they get a bye to the semi-final round. (The bye granted to contest finalists from a previous year's contest is only valid for the next calendar year's contest.)

That's it! This time, we're giving you guys nearly a year to get your sets together!

You better be ready to bring the noise and the funk!!!!

MAPS is not responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects in part or whole, delays in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for any technical or non-technical network, telephonic, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate or partial transmission of or failure to receive entry information by MAPS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any web site or any combination thereof. MAPS is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the "Anime Central 2008 DJ Battle Royal," or for mail-in entries that are lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, altered, illegible or postage-due. All entries become MAPS's property, may be used for promotional purposes by MAPS, and will not be returned. MAPS reserves the right to cancel temporarily or permanently the electronic method of "Anime Central 2008 DJ Battle Royal" entries if they become technically corrupted. Final rules for this event may be changed with or without notice by the duly appointed officials of the event. All judges decisions are final.

DISQUALIFICATION: All of your entries in this and all other contests sponsored by MAPS in the past, present, or future, will be automatically disqualified without notice or recourse if you promote the Contest through unsolicited commercial Email, multiple repetitive postings to UseNet Newsgroups or even one posting to inappropriate UseNet Newsgroups or any other violation of Acceptable Use Policy. Any violation of such Acceptable Use Policy will prevent you from entering any future contest sponsored by MAPS and we will automatically revoke your membership to Anime Central.

All of your entries will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of MAPS, if you attempt (i) to enter the "Anime Central 2008 DJ Battle Royal," through any means other than as described in these Official Rules; or (ii) to disrupt the "Anime Central 2008 DJ Battle Royal," circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, or in any way tamper with the "Anime Central 2008 DJ Battle Royal." If either of the above occurs, MAPS has the right to remedy any such action, disruption, or circumvention, and to seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law.

ELIGIBILITY: All legal U.S. residents residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years or older at the closing date of the "Anime Central 2008 DJ Battle Royal" may participate in this contest, or if you are under 18 years of age, you must have parental/guardian consent to enter the contest. By entering "Anime Central 2008 DJ Battle Royal," you represent to MAPS that you are either at least 18 years of age or have consent from a parent/guardian. Employees of MAPS and its immediate families and members of their households are not eligible to participate in "Anime Central 2008 DJ Battle Royal." By registering to win the prize, the winner grants MAPS permission to use his/her name (including screen name) and likeness for advertising and future promotion purposes without additional compensation (except where prohibited by law). Unaccepted prizes may not be awarded. The "Anime Central 2008 DJ Battle Royal," is subject to these complete and Official Rules. International entrants may apply, but participation may or may not be based upon the entrant's country of origin.

"Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur... goes a Latin proverb. The world wants to be deceived...So let it be deceived."
"If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart."
Henri Ducard (Ras Al Ghul)- Batman Begins
"It is pleasant at times to play the madman..."
Seneca- Roman Dramatist, Philosopher, & Politician
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence."
Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)
Nothing is true. All is permissible."
Hassan I Sabbah- Lord and leader of the Assassins Cult

#2 User is offline   In Silico 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4720

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:15 PM

Beryllll....sorry I didn't see this before I sent you that PM. Good to know, can I enter? Do you need another mix from me at all? I'd be happy to make you up one with some of my newer tunes and mixes. Cheers!

-Rob A / IS B)

PS: Do you guys provide a Serato SL-1 interface box(ie. will OPM have his hooked into the system) which we can use, or will you need your own? At this moment my broke behind only owns half of one with my roommate.
~~へ へ~~
\__/\___/

#3 User is offline   Harrison Bergeron 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 29 October 2007 - 01:31 PM

View PostIn Silico, on Oct 2 2007, 10:15 PM, said:

Beryllll....sorry I didn't see this before I sent you that PM. Good to know, can I enter? Do you need another mix from me at all? I'd be happy to make you up one with some of my newer tunes and mixes. Cheers!

-Rob A / IS B)

PS: Do you guys provide a Serato SL-1 interface box(ie. will OPM have his hooked into the system) which we can use, or will you need your own? At this moment my broke behind only owns half of one with my roommate.

Hey Rob! You'll have to submit a full entry this time. Your bye was only good for the last contest.

You have a year to replace or get a box of your own, but if you ask OPM real nice-like, he may let you borrow his at the con.... :)
"Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur... goes a Latin proverb. The world wants to be deceived...So let it be deceived."
"If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart."
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence."

#4 Guest_~DP~_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 04 November 2007 - 02:29 PM

YouSendit submissions must be in by April 4th, 2007, 6:00PM.

So its already too late for YouSendit submissions?

#5 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1441

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:00 PM

View Post~DP~, on Nov 4 2007, 08:29 PM, said:

So its already too late for YouSendit submissions?

Thats a typo. its april 4th 2008. you still have time to send DEMO CD's or through YouSendit.
Allen Castillo

#6 User is offline   nothing0011 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11904

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:24 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Nov 4 2007, 10:00 PM, said:

Thats a typo. its april 4th 2008. you still have time to send DEMO CD's or through YouSendit.

I with I had seen this post a little sooner...

Disregard my PM Mr. Castillo.

Anyways..

Hello Beryl! How are you doing?

Apologies for the "HELLO I'M NEW" post but I figure I should introduce myself at least.

My name is Supreet Makkar. Born and raised in Chicago, but, I currently live and work out of Boston, MA and I attend conventions frequently in the northeast. I was brought up with House music and House has become a part of me as a DJ.

I was the second place winner of the DJ Battle at ACen '07 and I firmly believe that I rocked the house at the Underground Groove for the 30 minutes that I was on. Beyond that, since ACen '07 I have been doing convention dances along the east coast to build up my rep and gain some serious skill to play crowds of congoers. In addition, I have ditched my CDJ-1000's and saw the light when I purchased my first set of 1200's back in May.

Alongside House, I have made it a point to dig and scour for remixed J-Pop and anime tracks that will fit with my set and the crowds, the organizers and perhaps even Beryl and Chris at ACen '08. I look forward to playing for everyone next year, I enjoyed it a lot in '07...

TL;DR: HI I'M NEW, 2nd place DJ Battle winner from '07, looking forward to '08.

#7 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:32 PM

View Postnothing0011, on Nov 7 2007, 09:24 PM, said:

I with I had seen this post a little sooner...

Disregard my PM Mr. Castillo.
Anyways..

Hello Beryl! How are you doing?
Apologies for the "HELLO I'M NEW" post but I figure I should introduce myself at least.

My name is Supreet Makkar. Born and raised in Chicago, but, I currently live and work out of Boston, MA and I attend conventions frequently in the northeast. I was brought up with House music and House has become a part of me as a DJ.

I was the second place winner of the DJ Battle at ACen '07 and I firmly believe that I rocked the house at the Underground Groove for the 30 minutes that I was on. Beyond that, since ACen '07 I have been doing convention dances along the east coast to build up my rep and gain some serious skill to play crowds of congoers. In addition, I have ditched my CDJ-1000's and saw the light when I purchased my first set of 1200's back in May.

Alongside House, I have made it a point to dig and scour for remixed J-Pop and anime tracks that will fit with my set and the crowds, the organizers and perhaps even Beryl and Chris at ACen '08. I look forward to playing for everyone next year, I enjoyed it a lot in '07...
TL;DR: HI I'M NEW, 2nd place DJ Battle winner from '07, looking forward to '08.

no worries man i answered your message but apparently you found the thread i was talkin about. well its very interesting to hear that you got some regular turntables. well i can't wait to hear you spin again at the car show it will be lots of fun.
Allen Castillo

#8 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:45 PM

hey beryl i think we got some DJ's from ANIME EXPO/ANIME LA wanting to accept our challenge from last year for this year.
Allen Castillo

#9 User is offline   chamere 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 12104

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:51 PM

hey where at acen is this going to be held at

will it be ok, for any bboys or bgirls to dance while this is going on, just wondering
Guess what you just lost
Anyone like breakbeats, hit me up
If you want to learn how to dance let meknow

#10 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2008 - 11:57 AM

View Postchamere, on Jan 23 2008, 05:51 AM, said:

hey where at acen is this going to be held at

will it be ok, for any bboys or bgirls to dance while this is going on, just wondering

this will be held in the dealers hall were the car show will be goin on. just look for a Supra, Skyline GTR, Silvia, NSX and a few other hot japanese cars and you'll find the DJ context. its taking place friday all day but we will be spinning the dealers hall the whole weekend so if you guys wanna break at the show please do.
Allen Castillo

#11 User is offline   DJ Amaya 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17013

Posted 29 January 2008 - 12:46 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Jan 15 2008, 08:45 PM, said:

hey beryl i think we got some DJ's from ANIME EXPO/ANIME LA wanting to accept our challenge from last year for this year.

I'm not sure who will be able to make it, though. I'd love to come out for it, but frankly I don't think i'd win in a DJ battle, but everyone is always welcome to play my remixes at any conventions. If you guys ever want to bring the "j-pop disco party" to Acen , let me know. I'd make the journey if I knew I had a full set. I'm playing Animazement in NC, that's a week or so apart from Acen.

DJ Sandman from our Crew would be the best candidate on our team as far as pure DJ skills go. I'm more of a producer/remixer kinda guy who brings in special made remixes that people have never heard before.

Sincerely,

DJ Amaya
(Anime-Expo Rookie DJ for "Random DJ's")
http://www.myspace.com/djamaya
http://hitsuzenradio.podshow.com/

#12 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:36 PM

View PostDJ Amaya, on Jan 29 2008, 12:46 AM, said:

I'm not sure who will be able to make it, though. I'd love to come out for it, but frankly I don't think i'd win in a DJ battle, but everyone is always welcome to play my remixes at any conventions. If you guys ever want to bring the "j-pop disco party" to Acen , let me know. I'd make the journey if I knew I had a full set. I'm playing Animazement in NC, that's a week or so apart from Acen.

DJ Sandman from our Crew would be the best candidate on our team as far as pure DJ skills go. I'm more of a producer/remixer kinda guy who brings in special made remixes that people have never heard before.

Sincerely,

DJ Amaya
(Anime-Expo Rookie DJ for "Random DJ's")
http://www.myspace.com/djamaya
http://hitsuzenradio.podshow.com/

well if any of your guys are interested in our challenge we would love to have a battle against you guys and we would definitely come out to Cali go up against you on your home turf.
Allen Castillo

#13 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:13 PM

so are there any DJ's out there that wanna enter? :blink:
Allen Castillo

#14 User is offline   easterislandhead 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17145

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:03 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Feb 6 2008, 11:13 AM, said:

so are there any DJ's out there that wanna enter? :blink:

ima submit a harddddcorrrreee mix

#15 User is offline   OuTaStyLe 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17152

Posted 07 February 2008 - 03:39 AM

MORE DJS SHOULD ENTER!!! WE GAVE AWAY A FREAKING SWORD TO THE WINNER LAST YEAR FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! A FREAKIN ACEN ENGRAVE SWORD!

#16 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:05 PM

^^yeah what he said :lol:
Allen Castillo

#17 User is offline   DrivebyKitty 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 16926

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:19 PM

View PostOuTaStyLe, on Feb 7 2008, 03:39 AM, said:

MORE DJS SHOULD ENTER!!! WE GAVE AWAY A FREAKING SWORD TO THE WINNER LAST YEAR FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! A FREAKIN ACEN ENGRAVE SWORD!

Are software DJ's allowed at all? Im pretty new to all this and I don't really make the money to buy myself some turntables. I wouldn't mind doing some simple mixing just for the sake of some constructive criticism. I use the complete noob program Virtual DJ, yeah it does the beatmatching for you but there's still the aspect of the mixer and effects. Just wondering what the ruling is on who exactly can enter this.

Thanks guys ;)

#18 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:43 PM

View PostDrivebyKitty, on Feb 9 2008, 04:19 PM, said:

Are software DJ's allowed at all? Im pretty new to all this and I don't really make the money to buy myself some turntables. I wouldn't mind doing some simple mixing just for the sake of some constructive criticism. I use the complete noob program Virtual DJ, yeah it does the beatmatching for you but there's still the aspect of the mixer and effects. Just wondering what the ruling is on who exactly can enter this.

Thanks guys ;)

you must be able to beat match on your own you cannot use software that beat matches for you. that defeat's the purpose of being a DJ since your not actually mixing yourself.
Allen Castillo

#19 User is offline   DrivebyKitty 

• Pip

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:25 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Feb 9 2008, 04:43 PM, said:

you must be able to beat match on your own you cannot use software that beat matches for you. that defeat's the purpose of being a DJ since your not actually mixing yourself.

Well technically you're still mixing, you just aren't beat matching. I wasn't lookin to get judged or anything.....ah well I was just askin cause Im not a rich kid who can afford $1000 decks.

#20 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:57 AM

View PostDrivebyKitty, on Feb 9 2008, 10:25 PM, said:

Well technically you're still mixing, you just aren't beat matching. I wasn't lookin to get judged or anything.....ah well I was just askin cause Im not a rich kid who can afford $1000 decks.

actually your not technically mixing when you use software to beat match for you. as a DJ the only true way to mix/spin is to beat match on your own. using software that does it is cheating. also you don't have to be a rich kid to afford decent mixing equipment you can pick up an entire set up for a couple hundred dollars if you actually look around.
Allen Castillo

#21 User is offline   DrivebyKitty 

• Pip

Posted 10 February 2008 - 09:48 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Feb 10 2008, 02:57 AM, said:

actually your not technically mixing when you use software to beat match for you. as a DJ the only true way to mix/spin is to beat match on your own. using software that does it is cheating. also you don't have to be a rich kid to afford decent mixing equipment you can pick up an entire set up for a couple hundred dollars if you actually look around.

Ugh....you software DJ haters you....it's like saying an artist who uses photoshop instead of drawing isn't an artist. Anyway, you show me a setup for a couple hundred dollars that's WORTH buying, I'll buy you one as well.

#22 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2008 - 11:24 AM

View PostDrivebyKitty, on Feb 10 2008, 09:48 AM, said:

Ugh....you software DJ haters you....it's like saying an artist who uses photoshop instead of drawing isn't an artist. Anyway, you show me a setup for a couple hundred dollars that's WORTH buying, I'll buy you one as well.

relax buddy i'm just tellin you how it is. if you wanna consider yourself a DJ you'll actually learn the proper way of spinning music. i don't "HATE" on people that use software to spin. i HATE on people that use software that spins for them thats the difference. so seriously you need to just relax. honestly if you would just look around you could find a setup for a couple of hundred dollars especially if your just starting out all you need is a very basic setup. you don't need all of the "BALLER" equipment thats crazy expensive cuz honestly that would be a waste of money on someone that doesn't actually know how to spin. so go out find something basic and practice beat matching records/cd's on that.

so save your money and go buy equipment and don't worry i've got my own setup already i've had it for years. :P

also if you would've read the beginning of the thread we do mention something about software.

Please note that while you may use whatever mix method you wish for the opening submission, no software mixing is allowed in the semi finals and beyond except for Rane/Serato Scratch Live and Stanton Final Scratch (or similar software that uses CD decks/Turntables as its control system).

Allen Castillo

#23 User is offline   DrivebyKitty 

• Pip

Posted 11 February 2008 - 05:35 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Feb 10 2008, 11:24 AM, said:

relax buddy i'm just tellin you how it is. if you wanna consider yourself a DJ you'll actually learn the proper way of spinning music. i don't "HATE" on people that use software to spin. i HATE on people that use software that spins for them thats the difference. so seriously you need to just relax. honestly if you would just look around you could find a setup for a couple of hundred dollars especially if your just starting out all you need is a very basic setup. you don't need all of the "BALLER" equipment thats crazy expensive cuz honestly that would be a waste of money on someone that doesn't actually know how to spin. so go out find something basic and practice beat matching records/cd's on that.

so save your money and go buy equipment and don't worry i've got my own setup already i've had it for years. :P

also if you would've read the beginning of the thread we do mention something about software.

Im not gettin out of shaspe about it.....and I did read that you said no software DJs in SemiFinals or whatever.....I just figured since it sounded like you weren't getting many people to enter I would ask. Looks like it's more of an established(?) show. I thought you were just lookin for anyone who wanted to enter. It's all good though, I'll take it somewhere else.

btw, I know the methods on how to spin I just haven't had the actual equipment to try it out on. Im sure with a couple mins I could get it though.

#24 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:11 PM

View PostDrivebyKitty, on Feb 11 2008, 05:35 PM, said:

Im not gettin out of shaspe about it.....and I did read that you said no software DJs in SemiFinals or whatever.....I just figured since it sounded like you weren't getting many people to enter I would ask. Looks like it's more of an established(?) show. I thought you were just lookin for anyone who wanted to enter. It's all good though, I'll take it somewhere else.

btw, I know the methods on how to spin I just haven't had the actual equipment to try it out on. Im sure with a couple mins I could get it though.

understanding the concepts of spinning and actually putting them into practice are 2 totally different things. i knew the concepts and methods of spinning when i first started too, but then i actually tried it out and let me tell you it took me more then a few minutes to get.
Allen Castillo

#25 User is offline   DJ Amaya 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17013

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:39 PM

Do you guys need me to send in more demo stuff, or was my other mixes sufficient?

I plan on coming out for this contest, so let me know so I can finalize my plans (travel etc..)

#26 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:17 PM

View PostDJ Amaya, on Feb 21 2008, 04:39 PM, said:

Do you guys need me to send in more demo stuff, or was my other mixes sufficient?

I plan on coming out for this contest, so let me know so I can finalize my plans (travel etc..)

no the stuff you sent me was fine. oh yeah email me i've gots some stuff to discuss with you. evilbuu24@aol.com
Allen Castillo

#27 User is offline   andaloo 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9631

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:45 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Feb 10 2008, 11:24 AM, said:

would torq be acceptable using external control (i.e. external mixer and control vinyl)? i'm don't have enough money for serrato but i only use torq w/ control vinyl.

#28 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:51 PM

View Postandaloo, on Feb 28 2008, 04:45 AM, said:

would torq be acceptable using external control (i.e. external mixer and control vinyl)? i'm don't have enough money for serrato but i only use torq w/ control vinyl.

i'm personally not to familiar with Torq so as long as it doesn't actually beat match for you and works like Serrato then yes its fine.
Allen Castillo

#29 User is offline   Harrison Bergeron 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:59 PM

Okay...we're nearly halfway through March and we have no entries....

Two years ago, we had all of these people blasting about how they could bang better than our residents and so we gave them the chance to prove it.

And now nothing.

C'mon people! Here's a chance to show what you can do and bang with the big-boys at ACen!

It's not too late...get your mix in ASAP so you can claim bragging rights like NameLoc (2007 winner) and Sha Liu (2006 winner)!

#30 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:22 PM

View PostDJ Beryl Turner, on Mar 11 2008, 02:59 PM, said:

Okay...we're nearly halfway through March and we have no entries....

Two years ago, we had all of these people blasting about how they could bang better than our residents and so we gave them the chance to prove it.

And now nothing.

C'mon people! Here's a chance to show what you can do and bang with the big-boys at ACen!

It's not too late...get your mix in ASAP so you can claim bragging rights like NameLoc (2007 winner) and Sha Liu (2006 winner)!

this is kind of upsetting beryl to see that we don't have any entrants this year yet. i hopin we get some in or at least these people are just gonna show up to con and enter there. i guess we'll see what happens.
Allen Castillo

• 4 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users