Anime Central Forums: Soapbubble & Underground Groove 2008 - Anime Central Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Soapbubble & Underground Groove 2008 WHOSE READY TO HAVE FUN

#91 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:53 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on Feb 11 2008, 06:01 PM, said:

Please don't misunderstand; I have no say in how Allen runs his event. I'm trying to simply argue a fairness point for the average attendee who may not visit the forum; ie first-time con goers, who would see these people leave and maybe walk around and then go right back in while they have to stand in line still to go in for the first time. This would certainly put things off to a bad start I personally think. I will go for any plan Allen decides upon.

There is water inside main programming as well. We had two if not more if I remember correctly last year. One on each side of the main doors (the tech node being in the center) atleast. For the soap bubble I believe we had a lot more brought in.

As large of a cap that we have, I've thought that our 'outs' have balanced our 'ins' in one way or another, or atleast to the point of people not having to wait too terribly long. As said before the line problem last year was due to a drastic reduction in that cap, and a extremely high initial turnout (in my last walk of the line of the night I counted 4000+ people.)

On the same note, I only see the event from the inside; my final walk was really the last time I left the room until about 4:30am for example :( time sure flew by.

ah my apologies. I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking or anything.
I do agree, I think that people would misunderstand and it may cause problems, but I think if something were put in the main programing guide, it may clear things up. But like you said, it's all up to what Allen does with it. XD

Let's hope people utilize the drinks more now and keep them in mind. And let's all have a good soap bubble.
Possible 2015 Cosplays- TBA
Thursday-
Friday-
Saturday-
Sunday-

#92 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:30 AM

View PostCherry_Wolf, on Feb 11 2008, 08:53 PM, said:

ah my apologies. I didn't mean to sound like I was attacking or anything.
I do agree, I think that people would misunderstand and it may cause problems, but I think if something were put in the main programing guide, it may clear things up. But like you said, it's all up to what Allen does with it. XD

Let's hope people utilize the drinks more now and keep them in mind. And let's all have a good soap bubble.

i would like to make sure that everyone gets into the party in a timely manner and doesn't have to wait more then 5 or 10mins to get into the party. also i would like to make sure if people leave the party to go to the bathroom or just to step out and get some air they can just walk right back in.

we will see how everything goes so i know exactly how much room we have in main programming this year. lets keep our fingers crossed.
Allen Castillo

#93 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:17 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Feb 12 2008, 12:30 AM, said:

i would like to make sure that everyone gets into the party in a timely manner and doesn't have to wait more then 5 or 10mins to get into the party. also i would like to make sure if people leave the party to go to the bathroom or just to step out and get some air they can just walk right back in.

we will see how everything goes so i know exactly how much room we have in main programming this year. lets keep our fingers crossed.

You should walk the line with me once right before we open the doors. ;3 I think you'll enjoy the sight.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#94 User is offline   djmaru 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 4487

Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:30 AM

Hey everyone, It's-a me! Maru!
Well, the bad news is none of my vacation time falls during a time that I could get out to America for Acen or Reactor this year. However, my contract is up next year in March so I will probably be back for Acen 2009!

I wish I could make it this year but... oh well. If you guys will have me though, I would love to spin in 2009! In the meantime, try to get some videos and such uploaded somewhere so I can live vicariously through others who can attend!

Allan, I'll give you a call when I'm in the states. Khek, I'll need to find out where you are living so we can hang out! I'll be home for almost a month in August so that would be best. Regardless I'll get a hold of you'ze guys.

Gotta go, I'm learning how to make Anpanman lollipops for valentines day. :heart:
-DJ Maru

#95 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2008 - 11:09 AM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on Feb 12 2008, 01:17 AM, said:

You should walk the line with me once right before we open the doors. ;3 I think you'll enjoy the sight.

oh i remember the line last year it was definitely a sight to behold. i was actually kind of flattered that people would stand in line so long just to get into the SoapBubble, but it also made me feel bad cuz i really didn't want people waiting in line so long to get in.

Honestly lines suck and i hate standing in them. no one should have to wait inline to have fun.

View Postdjmaru, on Feb 12 2008, 06:30 AM, said:

Hey everyone, It's-a me! Maru!
Well, the bad news is none of my vacation time falls during a time that I could get out to America for Acen or Reactor this year. However, my contract is up next year in March so I will probably be back for Acen 2009!

I wish I could make it this year but... oh well. If you guys will have me though, I would love to spin in 2009! In the meantime, try to get some videos and such uploaded somewhere so I can live vicariously through others who can attend!

Allan, I'll give you a call when I'm in the states. Khek, I'll need to find out where you are living so we can hang out! I'll be home for almost a month in August so that would be best. Regardless I'll get a hold of you'ze guys.

Gotta go, I'm learning how to make Anpanman lollipops for valentines day. :heart:
-DJ Maru

whats up man its been awhile. i take it your in japan still which is all good, wish you could be here for con but apparently you can't this year. thats all good when you get back in to town let me know and we'll get together.

the parties won't be the same with you not there.
Allen Castillo

#96 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:31 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Feb 12 2008, 11:09 AM, said:

oh i remember the line last year it was definitely a sight to behold. i was actually kind of flattered that people would stand in line so long just to get into the SoapBubble, but it also made me feel bad cuz i really didn't want people waiting in line so long to get in.

Honestly lines suck and i hate standing in them. no one should have to wait inline to have fun.

Right on, man. You seemed so busy inside the room last year, I didn't know if you had any time to go outside and see how many people were there :o
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"

#97 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:29 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on Feb 12 2008, 12:31 PM, said:

Right on, man. You seemed so busy inside the room last year, I didn't know if you had any time to go outside and see how many people were there :o

i was busy, but not busy enough were i couldn't check out the outside. i went out a couple of times to apologize to the people about the line and stuff.
Allen Castillo

#98 User is offline   Bold&Delicious 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7151

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:25 PM

DJ NO+CHIN was wearing a pink cowboy hat last year, right? Most of the DJs last year were amazing, but he was the best! I loved that he remixed some popular japanese music, and I believe that we are at an anime convention, so we need to have a lot more of that. :D
★★Looking for a panel badge. Lived in Japan. Fluent in Japanese. Useful for any language/culture aspects, translations, etc. Hip & trendy and quite svelte.★★

#99 User is offline   djmaru 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 4487

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:44 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Feb 12 2008, 05:09 PM, said:

whats up man its been awhile. i take it your in japan still which is all good, wish you could be here for con but apparently you can't this year. thats all good when you get back in to town let me know and we'll get together.

the parties won't be the same with you not there.

Yea, just hanging in SNOWsaka (it all melted already, but it was pretty).
I'll be back for a visit in March/April, so I'll give a call then. In the meantime I'll try to get a hold of you on AIM or something.

#100 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:12 PM

View Postdjmaru, on Feb 13 2008, 04:44 AM, said:

Yea, just hanging in SNOWsaka (it all melted already, but it was pretty).
I'll be back for a visit in March/April, so I'll give a call then. In the meantime I'll try to get a hold of you on AIM or something.

sounds good man. its been fairly snowy season in chicago actually it kinda sux cuz its been really cold as well, but yeah get a hold of me on AIM sometime i'm usually on late at nite so afternoons for you hit me up.
Allen Castillo

#101 User is offline   Nameloc 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 7110

Post icon  Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:42 PM

Nameloc here.

How's it going Allen?

Last year was sick. It is unfortunate that so many people couldn't get in, but I'm sure that there will be some sort of resolution to that this year.
Can't wait to play again.

I've got some tunes and a mix up for you guys.
enjoy. Nameloc's tunes

#102 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:48 PM

View PostNameloc, on Feb 13 2008, 01:42 PM, said:

Nameloc here.

How's it going Allen?

Last year was sick. It is unfortunate that so many people couldn't get in, but I'm sure that there will be some sort of resolution to that this year.

enjoy. Nameloc's tunes

Oh hey, I think you're the guy I was talking to outside last year (I was wearing a labcoat.) Throw down some of that DSL since I stupidly thought it was a bad idea last year ;]
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#103 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:39 PM

View PostNameloc, on Feb 13 2008, 01:42 PM, said:

Nameloc here.

How's it going Allen?

enjoy. Nameloc's tunes

yeah its gonna be a killer nite again. i hope your ready for it.
Allen Castillo

#104 User is offline   Aya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16803

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:08 AM

I really want to go to Soap Bubble. Because this is my first year at Acen and I want to enjoy the best of it. Even Soap Bubble. Because I've heard of amazing story's and I really want to go too;
Possible Cosplay's for ACen 2011
~Futuristic Blood Elf: World of Warcraft/Original Design.(5%)
~Team Rocket Grunt: Pokemon

~Lightning: Final Fantasy XIII (5%)
~Umbreon Gijinka: Pokemon (5%)

#105 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:08 AM

View PostAya, on Feb 15 2008, 01:08 AM, said:

I really want to go to Soap Bubble. Because this is my first year at Acen and I want to enjoy the best of it. Even Soap Bubble. Because I've heard of amazing story's and I really want to go too;

make sure you go cuz i'm tellin you right now your gonna have a great time there. you have my word as the promoter.
Allen Castillo

#106 User is offline   Aya 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 16803

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:04 PM

Okay, I'll make sure of it! ^,^
Possible Cosplay's for ACen 2011
~Futuristic Blood Elf: World of Warcraft/Original Design.(5%)
~Team Rocket Grunt: Pokemon

~Lightning: Final Fantasy XIII (5%)
~Umbreon Gijinka: Pokemon (5%)

#107 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8396

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:14 PM

View PostCherry_Wolf, on Jan 27 2008, 12:23 AM, said:

Though it's a nifty idea, I don't think a lot of people(myself included) would want to pay to get in to something you can get into free anyways.

Not only that, having a VIP line would probably anger other people.

I am happy my stamping idea is being considered. I am mainly glad because the fact there are people who can't help but leave for a moment. And I think they should be allowed back in.

I hope things work out smoothly this year and I hope I can stay in the line this year as well. 8D

I really like the stamping idea too! That would be great!
Please check out my Etsy and Artfire store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/designsbymiyu ~ and ~ http://www.artfire.c...o/designsbymiyu

"That book was awful! Halfway through the book the main character changed genders! And that was BEFORE I was into Anime so I wasn't used to it then!" -- Akane

#108 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8396

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:24 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on Jan 28 2008, 03:17 AM, said:

Once again, we have a fire code we must follow. We can only have so many people inside of MP at one time. I understand your reasoning for such things, but it just doesn't work. Say we're at our attendance cap. You and your friend decide to go outside to smoke a cig or something. You get your hand stamped.

That means that those next two people in line can't get in like they normally would, because we have to 'hold' your two spots inside...while you're outside you decide not to go back for a while, so you bounce. Now those people standing in line can't get in until I would say a reasonable time has passed.

How is this fair to anyone?

I understand we don't like waiting in long lines. But we need to have fairness.

I understand where your coming from, and agree with you in the smoking a cigarette scenario. But for an instance of someone having to use the bathroom or taking their meds and coming right back, it isn't fair to make that person stand another hour in line because they're doing something they need to do for their health. If you don't have a way for people to do the responsible and healthy thing, then you're going to have people doing things irresponsibly. For example, when I was going out of the room to take my medicine, I saw two people huddled by the chairs stacked in the back of the room, with one admonishing his drunken friend that no, he could not pee on the chairs so he could stay in the room. I agree that we need fairness, but I think a hall-pass or stamp with a 4-5 minute time limit on it would do the trick. After all, it doesn't take a person more than 5 minutes to use the facilities unless they're sick, and if they're physically ill they shouldn't be going back into the dance anyway.
Please check out my Etsy and Artfire store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/designsbymiyu ~ and ~ http://www.artfire.c...o/designsbymiyu

"That book was awful! Halfway through the book the main character changed genders! And that was BEFORE I was into Anime so I wasn't used to it then!" -- Akane

#109 User is offline   Johnny Love 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 4827

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:11 PM

hey guys

I wanna play one of the parties again this year, i've played the friday party the last 2 years in a row and i was trying to find beryls contact info but i've lost it, can someone PM me his info or whoever is in charge of it this year?

thanks!

ps heres my music page:
www.myspace.com/gunsnbombs

and heres a video from when i played in tokyo over the summer:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9ek7ToKfPN0

thanks again!
:heart: :heart: :heart: <span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>the opaque project</span>:heart: :heart: :heart:

www.theopaqueproject.com
myspace!

#110 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:30 AM

View PostJohnny Love, on Feb 16 2008, 11:11 PM, said:

hey guys

I wanna play one of the parties again this year, i've played the friday party the last 2 years in a row and i was trying to find beryls contact info but i've lost it, can someone PM me his info or whoever is in charge of it this year?

thanks!

ps heres my music page:
www.myspace.com/gunsnbombs

and heres a video from when i played in tokyo over the summer:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9ek7ToKfPN0

thanks again!

well johnny we've got other things goin on this year for friday so you probably won't be spinning this year. just a heads up.
Allen Castillo

#111 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2008 - 09:12 PM

here's the DJ list for SoapBubble as of now. line up is subject to change.
*new DJ added to the line up

DJ Khek (Hip Hop, House, Drum and Bass) Chicago
DJ Mike Jandes (Trance, HardHouse, Electro) Chicago
DJ Mark Jandes (Trance, HardHouse, Electro) Chicago
DJ Beryl Turner ( House and Old School) Chicago
DJ Nameloc ( Drum and Bass, Jungle) Chicago
*DJ Amaya (Japanese Trance, Japanese Progressive)* Los Angeles

UPDATE FOR UNDERGROUND GROOVE

I will be posting up the DJ's for UnderGround Groove this weekend. all of you will be very happy to see who will be coming to ACEN to spin for you guys.

Allen Castillo

#112 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:50 PM

if you wanna check out some of DJ Amaya's work go to this link

http://youtube.com/p...ser=djamaya2007
Allen Castillo

#113 User is offline   Harrison Bergeron 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 666

Posted 25 February 2008 - 11:15 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Jan 15 2008, 06:41 PM, said:

well now the words are gone. OOPS MY BAD I MISS SPOKE.

No he didn't.

Bigger room...or rather same room but made bigger. Main Programming will take up the entire Grand Ballroom.

By the way and just for the record, Underground Groove will be held over at the Sofitel.

Just a bigger and better party for the ACen fans.

Carry on....
"Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur... goes a Latin proverb. The world wants to be deceived...So let it be deceived."
"If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart."
Henri Ducard (Ras Al Ghul)- Batman Begins
"It is pleasant at times to play the madman..."
Seneca- Roman Dramatist, Philosopher, & Politician
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence."
Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)
Nothing is true. All is permissible."
Hassan I Sabbah- Lord and leader of the Assassins Cult

#114 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2008 - 12:15 AM

View PostDJ Beryl Turner, on Feb 25 2008, 11:15 PM, said:

No he didn't.

Bigger room...or rather same room but made bigger. Main Programming will take up the entire Grand Ballroom.

By the way and just for the record, Underground Groove will be held over at the Sofitel.

Just a bigger and better party for the ACen fans.

Carry on....

Thank you Beryl for the update. by the way did you check out the link i posted for the new DJ i was talkin to you about on saturday?
Allen Castillo

#115 User is offline   Bold&Delicious 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7151

Posted 26 February 2008 - 08:16 PM

OH. DJ Amaya uploads stuff to JPOPSUKI sometimes, yah. I dig him. :) Japanese Trance & Progressive sounds GREAT. I hope we hear his mix of HALCALI's harukaridou.
★★Looking for a panel badge. Lived in Japan. Fluent in Japanese. Useful for any language/culture aspects, translations, etc. Hip & trendy and quite svelte.★★

#116 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:14 AM

View PostBold&Delicious, on Feb 26 2008, 08:16 PM, said:

OH. DJ Amaya uploads stuff to JPOPSUKI sometimes, yah. I dig him. :) Japanese Trance & Progressive sounds GREAT. I hope we hear his mix of HALCALI's harukaridou.

well DJ Amaya said he will be bring a whole new set of remixes for ACEN. i'm very happy to add him to our line up for Saturday nite he is a great addition to our group of already awesome DJ's.
Allen Castillo

#117 User is offline   Surge 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 12438

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:51 AM

Too bad about the japanese DJs this year, I really missed out on the DJ Chucky last year and was hoping for some Vanishing Point live.

Oh well I'll stick to the gameroom :>

#118 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:55 PM

View PostSurge, on Feb 28 2008, 01:51 AM, said:

Too bad about the japanese DJs this year, I really missed out on the DJ Chucky last year and was hoping for some Vanishing Point live.

Oh well I'll stick to the gameroom :>

No one ever said the japanese DJ's weren't coming.

on that note let it be known THE JAPANESE DJ'S ARE COMING.

LINE UP TO BE ANNOUNCED VERY SOON.

THE JAPANESE DJ'S WILL BE HEADLINING FRIDAY NIGHTS UNDERGROUND GROOVE THIS YEAR.

Allen Castillo

#119 User is offline   J-Corephile 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17046

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:35 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Feb 28 2008, 02:55 PM, said:

No one ever said the japanese DJ's weren't coming.

on that note let it be known THE JAPANESE DJ'S ARE COMING.

LINE UP TO BE ANNOUNCED VERY SOON.

THE JAPANESE DJ'S WILL BE HEADLINING FRIDAY NIGHTS UNDERGROUND GROOVE THIS YEAR.

*goes berzerk*

#120 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:59 PM

^^i'm glad your goin berserk.
Allen Castillo

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »