Anime Central Forums: Soapbubble & Underground Groove 2008 - Anime Central Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Soapbubble & Underground Groove 2008 WHOSE READY TO HAVE FUN

#31 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:31 PM

View PostAttica, on Dec 13 2007, 12:34 AM, said:

I just hope that I can get in this year. Last year's line was just too much.

i believe we have the problem taken care of. so i'm hoping we don't run into the same issue this year. it really killed me have everyone wait so long to get in to the party. if there's one thing i personally hate is waiting in line to get into a club or any kind of party so i don't want any of you guys waiting either.

i really appreciate all the people who waited so long in line to get into the party i hope you guys had a good time this past year.

next year is gonna be so much better if i can get all the things i got going on worked out.
Allen Castillo

#32 User is offline   Attica 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 10916

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:21 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Dec 13 2007, 08:31 PM, said:

i believe we have the problem taken care of. so i'm hoping we don't run into the same issue this year. it really killed me have everyone wait so long to get in to the party. if there's one thing i personally hate is waiting in line to get into a club or any kind of party so i don't want any of you guys waiting either.

i really appreciate all the people who waited so long in line to get into the party i hope you guys had a good time this past year.

next year is gonna be so much better if i can get all the things i got going on worked out.

Thank you it means a lot that everyone cares so much and is working so hard to make this year better then ever.

#33 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:22 PM

View PostAttica, on Dec 17 2007, 08:21 PM, said:

Thank you it means a lot that everyone cares so much and is working so hard to make this year better then ever.

its no problem i really put my heart and soul into this party. i wanna make sure that everyone has a blast nothing makes me feel better then knowing that at the end of the nite and into the morning that everyone had a great time.

there is nothing more gratifying to a promoter then to here people say that they had fun at their party.

so get ready for next year and a long nite of dancing and awesome music.
Allen Castillo

#34 User is offline   Brazoliange 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 10363

Posted 24 December 2007 - 04:36 AM

Like a number of other people have said, having the people from Guhroovy (DJ Chucky, M-Project, and NO+CHIN) back again this year would be amazing and really make the convention for me. The primary reason I went last year (my first ACen) was because they were booked and able to perform. Taka or TaQ would also be stellar choices to bring out, as would (honestly) a number of other IIDX/Bemani artists (Ryu* comes to mind, as do teranoid & MC Natsack) who tend to play shows similar to this.

On the non-Bemani flipside, some thoughts of mine might be: REDALiCE, SharpnelSound, Thanatos, or JAKAZiD. I realize Soap Bubble doesn't have a huge budget to pay for musical guests or anything, but the inclusion of Japanese DJs really made the show and con for me (no offense to the local DJs) and it would be great if you guys could bring them out again. I know I'm not alone in saying that it was really special and would be great to have again if at all possible.

#35 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2007 - 05:48 PM

View PostBrazoliange, on Dec 24 2007, 10:36 AM, said:

Like a number of other people have said, having the people from Guhroovy (DJ Chucky, M-Project, and NO+CHIN) back again this year would be amazing and really make the convention for me. The primary reason I went last year (my first ACen) was because they were booked and able to perform. Taka or TaQ would also be stellar choices to bring out, as would (honestly) a number of other IIDX/Bemani artists (Ryu* comes to mind, as do teranoid & MC Natsack) who tend to play shows similar to this.

On the non-Bemani flipside, some thoughts of mine might be: REDALiCE, SharpnelSound, Thanatos, or JAKAZiD. I realize Soap Bubble doesn't have a huge budget to pay for musical guests or anything, but the inclusion of Japanese DJs really made the show and con for me (no offense to the local DJs) and it would be great if you guys could bring them out again. I know I'm not alone in saying that it was really special and would be great to have again if at all possible.

we shall see ;) i've got some interesting things currently in the works, i can't really announce right now i wish i could but i can't.

if i could announce it would make everyone in the con community poop themselves. ;)
Allen Castillo

#36 User is offline   vo. 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 10565

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:10 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Aug 16 2007, 09:38 PM, said:

i know its a little early to be talkin about soapbubble and underground groove, but i like to get things started early and i like the buzz to be out there for a good long time. so lets start things off by asking what you liked and disliked about this year.

also to any and all DJ's and wannabe DJ's i would like to see more of you at next years DJ comp. this years DJ comp was good but it definitely could've been better i know there are always tons of you out there that say "i can spin better then the DJ's that they have at acen" its about time you prove it. so when i call for demo's i wanna be flooded with CD's.

so lets open up the discussion and tell me what you really think.

you say your better HMMMM thats a pretty big statement you sure you could back that up
:No disrespect to you and i gave you a 5 star

waht i loved was the veriety of the soap bubble's music... i also loved the security there, they wernt as bossy as they were throughout the day
Visit My cosplay.com profile
vo. of Naked Dragon Blood
cosplaying KENZI from ÍNTI FEMINISM
JACC click here for the ACen credited link
former treasurer[2004-2006]Vice presedent[2005-2007] advisor [2007 - present]

#37 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:41 PM

View Postvo., on Jan 11 2008, 05:10 PM, said:

you say your better HMMMM thats a pretty big statement you sure you could back that up
:No disrespect to you and i gave you a 5 star

:blink: ?!?!?!?!!?

i'm not quite sure you really understood what i was trying to say. i was refering to the people that often say that to me or say it on the forum.
Allen Castillo

#38 User is offline   JNOtaku 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 913

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:19 AM

Is there any way to fix the volume leveling in the room? I thought that the bass was very loud and overpowered the rest of the music.

JNOtaku
"Why don't you all fade away
And don't try to dig what we all say
I'm not trying to cause a big sensation
I'm just talkin' 'bout my generation" (The Who)
The Otaku Generation: Predicted 30 years earlier! Fight OTAKING!

A soldier of the Glomp Team! Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate, and the ACEN Yakuza! :D My Webpage! My Myspace! My MAL profile!
Forum Daimyo as of 7/21/2005!!! :) Forum Elite (1337) as of 7/19/2006! :D :D :D

#39 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:05 PM

View PostJNOtaku, on Jan 13 2008, 06:19 AM, said:

Is there any way to fix the volume leveling in the room? I thought that the bass was very loud and overpowered the rest of the music.

JNOtaku

it wasn't too bad. we'll see what happens this year.
Allen Castillo

#40 User is offline   Attica 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:38 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Jan 13 2008, 10:05 PM, said:

it wasn't too bad. we'll see what happens this year with the bigger room.

Bigger room? Did I hear that correctly? Or are you messing with us?

#41 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:22 PM

View PostAttica, on Jan 14 2008, 04:38 AM, said:

Bigger room? Did I hear that correctly? Or are you messing with us?

OOPS i miss spoke. scratch what i said.
Allen Castillo

#42 User is offline   Attica 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:14 PM

Not so fast Skippy, I specifically saw the words "bigger room."

#43 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:41 PM

View PostAttica, on Jan 15 2008, 09:14 PM, said:

Not so fast Skippy, I specifically saw the words "bigger room."

well now the words are gone. OOPS MY BAD I MISS SPOKE.
Allen Castillo

#44 User is offline   Attica 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 12:33 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Jan 15 2008, 06:41 PM, said:

well now the words are gone. OOPS MY BAD I MISS SPOKE.

Jeez, just stick a knife in my heart why don't ya.

#45 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:12 PM

View PostAttica, on Jan 16 2008, 06:33 PM, said:

Jeez, just stick a knife in my heart why don't ya.

yeah well i had been told that the room was going to be bigger at one point then. a few days ago i was told unfortunately that it was no longer gonna be larger, but the same layout as last year.
Allen Castillo

#46 User is offline   Attica 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:01 PM

Oh, that is sad. Well, maybe another year.

#47 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:53 PM

View PostAttica, on Jan 17 2008, 08:01 PM, said:

Oh, that is sad. Well, maybe another year.

yes hopefully next year we can get a bigger room, but this year will still be a good time with the same level of excitment if not more so.
Allen Castillo

#48 User is offline   AkaneNoHime 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8396

Post icon  Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:50 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Jan 18 2008, 02:53 AM, said:

yes hopefully next year we can get a bigger room, but this year will still be a good time with the same level of excitment if not more so.

Quick thought about the Soap Bubble...

I waited in line last year, and actually had fun waiting with my friends and getting to know the other people around me. But, about 20 minutes after I got into the Soap Bubble, I had to take some medication and stepped out to fill a cup of water in the bathroom. But when I tried to get back in, the bouncers wouldn't let me. My friends came over and talked to them, telling them I already had waited in line once already, but they wouldn't budge. So then my friends and I all left the Soap Bubble because they didn't want to party without me, and because they didn't want me to have to wait an hour in line to do so.

I know it's unfair to just let people randomly go in and out because that prevents people waiting in line from experiencing the Soap Bubble, but at the same time it's not fair to let someone have to stand in line twice just for having to address a medical issue. So, I don't know if this is something that's been taken into account while planning for this event this year, but I had an idea to offer up so that others wouldn't be forced to wait in line twice just for having to use the bathroom/water fountain: When people leave the Soap Bubble, if they could tell the bouncers that they're just going to use the facilities and that they'd be right back, maybe the bouncers could give them something almost like a "Hall Pass" - like the ones we used to get in grade school. That way, the person can go and come back, and give the pass back to the bouncer so that they know it's not just some random person trying to cut in line. Thoughts?

Looking forward to Acen '08!
Smiles,
Akane
Please check out my Etsy and Artfire store! http://www.etsy.com/shop/designsbymiyu ~ and ~ http://www.artfire.c...o/designsbymiyu

"That book was awful! Halfway through the book the main character changed genders! And that was BEFORE I was into Anime so I wasn't used to it then!" -- Akane

#49 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:14 AM

wow Akane... that must have sucked. ;-;

If anything, I think they should do like lots of parties/bars/bands do. They should stamp your hand. Because not allowing you back in because of a medical reason is pretty bad.
Possible Cosplays-
Takanashi Rikka - Chuunibyou (95% done)
Onoda Sakamichi - Yowamushi Pedal(90%)
Tokino - Lamento: Beyond the Void(75% done)

#50 User is offline   sailorgaia 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3856

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:45 PM

You know what I can't believe above anything? That there is a flippin' LINE to get in the Soap Bubble! I saw that last year and I was like...what's going on here that requires a bouncer?! I remember for many years you could dash in and out at your leisure... It just makes me feel: 1. old, 2. like I'm missing out (the last Bubble I went to was in 2005), & 3. proud that Anime Central has gotten so large. ^_^

Since the hall for the Masquerade is growing, or so I hear, will this mean that Main Programming in General is going to be larger and, in light of that event, will the Soap Bubble be affected by the growth (considering they are both typically held in Main Programming)?
"I like it when you clap for me, Ultros. I can just close my eyes and imagine that four people are clapping for me at once!"
Locke, the Hand of God

#51 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:20 PM

View PostAkaneNoHime, on Jan 21 2008, 08:50 AM, said:

I waited in line last year, and actually had fun waiting with my friends and getting to know the other people around me. But, about 20 minutes after I got into the Soap Bubble, I had to take some medication and stepped out to fill a cup of water in the bathroom. But when I tried to get back in, the bouncers wouldn't let me. My friends came over and talked to them, telling them I already had waited in line once already, but they wouldn't budge. So then my friends and I all left the Soap Bubble because they didn't want to party without me, and because they didn't want me to have to wait an hour in line to do so.

I know it's unfair to just let people randomly go in and out because that prevents people waiting in line from experiencing the Soap Bubble, but at the same time it's not fair to let someone have to stand in line twice just for having to address a medical issue. So, I don't know if this is something that's been taken into account while planning for this event this year, but I had an idea to offer up so that others wouldn't be forced to wait in line twice just for having to use the bathroom/water fountain: When people leave the Soap Bubble, if they could tell the bouncers that they're just going to use the facilities and that they'd be right back, maybe the bouncers could give them something almost like a "Hall Pass" - like the ones we used to get in grade school. That way, the person can go and come back, and give the pass back to the bouncer so that they know it's not just some random person trying to cut in line. Thoughts?

Smiles,
Akane

i'm very sorry you had trouble getting back into the party especially because you had to get some water to take meds. i'm hoping for this year we can avoid the whole line thing all together. if there is one thing i dont want is people waiting in line to get into my party. hell i don't like waiting in line to get into clubs or parties and i don't think you guys should have to wait in line either. the line thing couldn't be avoided last year because we had the fire marshall breathing down our necks about fire code and he threatened to shut us down if there were to many people in the soapbubble.

we are trying are hardest now to see if we can get the main programming room bigger, but i haven't been told anything as of yet. i had thought it was gonna be bigger but then was told it might not be. i'm crossing my fingers and hoping that it is so we can avoid the line all together.

Cherry_wolf said:

If anything, I think they should do like lots of parties/bars/bands do. They should stamp your hand. Because not allowing you back in because of a medical reason is pretty bad.

i think thats idea to have a handstamp for those that are in the party and wanna go out and come back in. i think we'll do that for this year.

sailorgaia said:

You know what I can't believe above anything? That there is a flippin' LINE to get in the Soap Bubble! I saw that last year and I was like...what's going on here that requires a bouncer?! I remember for many years you could dash in and out at your leisure... It just makes me feel: 1. old, 2. like I'm missing out (the last Bubble I went to was in 2005), & 3. proud that Anime Central has gotten so large.

Since the hall for the Masquerade is growing, or so I hear, will this mean that Main Programming in General is going to be larger and, in light of that event, will the Soap Bubble be affected by the growth (considering they are both typically held in Main Programming)?

don't feel old man and yes your definitely missin out the soapbubble is always a good time. i'm gonna try to make sure we don't have a repeat of last year. that line looked like it sucked really bad. i was shocked and amazed at how many and how long people waited in line to get into the soapbubble i was very flattered by that. that just means that i must be doing something right if that many people would wait that long to get into the soapbubble.

well this year i've got somethings in the works if they come through i think all of you will be very happy :D
Allen Castillo

#52 User is offline   Asunder 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11295

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:02 PM

I just scanned through this thread and saw mention of Dj Taka, TaQ, and Ryu*. Any one of them would be absolutely amazing.

#53 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:36 PM

View PostAsunder, on Jan 23 2008, 02:02 AM, said:

I just scanned through this thread and saw mention of Dj Taka, TaQ, and Ryu*. Any one of them would be absolutely amazing.

if we could get any of these guys that would be awesome only time will tell and if you guys were to request them that would make things a hell of alot easier.
Allen Castillo

#54 User is offline   Kashiin Fayden 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16217

Posted 22 January 2008 - 10:38 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Jan 22 2008, 09:36 PM, said:

if we could get any of these guys that would be awesome only time will tell and if you guys were to request them that would make things a hell of alot easier.

...Any of those them would be amazing!! I can't wait for the Soap Bubble this year, for once I wont have to leave early to take someone home or to get sleep! Yay for a sleepless ACen! ^^;;
Oh no 너 허튼 생각 마 닥치고 이걸 봐 여긴 니가 버린 땅
DJ SiSeN for ACen 09!
MySpaceFacebook

#55 User is offline   chamere 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 12104

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:41 PM

View PostAkaneNoHime, on Jan 21 2008, 12:50 AM, said:

Smiles,
Akane

wow that sucks that u had to miss it for medical reasons , but ye athat hall pass idea sounds good

Guess what you just lost
Anyone like breakbeats, hit me up
If you want to learn how to dance let meknow

#56 User is offline   andaloo 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9631

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:11 PM

Any word on where to send demos and in what format?

#57 User is offline   Asunder 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11295

Posted 24 January 2008 - 09:27 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Jan 22 2008, 09:36 PM, said:

What do you mean by requesting them? Do we have to request them to a certain someone?

#58 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:14 PM

View PostAsunder, on Jan 24 2008, 09:27 PM, said:

What do you mean by requesting them? Do we have to request them to a certain someone?

request them as the musical guest just like everyone requests jpop bands and regular guests.

View Postandaloo, on Jan 24 2008, 07:11 PM, said:

Any word on where to send demos and in what format?

all the info is in this thread

http://www.acen.org/...showtopic=18942
Allen Castillo

#59 User is offline   Juli 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 15968

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:16 PM

View PostBrazoliange, on Dec 24 2007, 05:36 AM, said:

View PostAsunder, on Jan 22 2008, 09:02 PM, said:

brazo should know this, but Konami keeps their artists from playing bemani music in events they don't sponsor/control/etc. Kors k gets away in america and in clubs cause he DOES have non bemani music but taka really doesn't. Not a lot at least. TGA gets away bringing in kors k who does, we all know, play some bemani song, but they also don't allow recordings because konami would have a crap fit. I don't think they'd allow their resident djs like taka out for a con as big at acen. Getting kors k for a special tiny event in rhode island is hard enough, and ryu was actually prevented from going last minute last year by konami on some bullshit 'event' that they didn't tell them about sooner.

TaQ is i guess possible but he's no longer with konami, he'd probably stick to the newer material anyway.

There's always requests for TaQ and Taka and Naoki and LOL TERANOID though, haha.

Kors k and Natsack would be awesome and almost feasible, but i doubt acen will put their budget on those two. I just hope that Chucky and no+chin come back :<

#60 User is offline   JNOtaku 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 913

Posted 26 January 2008 - 01:24 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Jan 21 2008, 10:20 PM, said:

i think thats idea to have a handstamp for those that are in the party and wanna go out and come back in. i think we'll do that for this year.

You could have a special VIP line that gets you preferred admission and allows in/out privileges without having to wait in line again once you go back in, and charge people $5 or $10 for these privileges.

JNOtaku
"Why don't you all fade away
And don't try to dig what we all say
I'm not trying to cause a big sensation
I'm just talkin' 'bout my generation" (The Who)
The Otaku Generation: Predicted 30 years earlier! Fight OTAKING!

A soldier of the Glomp Team! Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate, and the ACEN Yakuza! :D My Webpage! My Myspace! My MAL profile!
Forum Daimyo as of 7/21/2005!!! :) Forum Elite (1337) as of 7/19/2006! :D :D :D

• 12 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users