Anime Central Forums: Soapbubble & Underground Groove 2008 - Anime Central Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Soapbubble & Underground Groove 2008 WHOSE READY TO HAVE FUN

#271 User is offline   chamere 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 12104

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:23 PM

SOAP BUBBLE was awesome, i havent gotten to break that long with that many bboys ever, and the beats were frikking great, thanx for making another year at Acen awesome
Guess what you just lost
Anyone like breakbeats, hit me up
If you want to learn how to dance let meknow

#272 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Main Programming Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1441

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:27 PM

how's it goin all i'd like to say thank you to all the DJ's that made it out to spin for us on Friday night and on Saturday night. i think we had the most amazing line up we've had in years. i would also like to thank all the fans that came out both nights and made them probably the most successful we've had ever.

i'll post up more later i just got home and wanted to post a quick thank you to everyone. in my next post i'll thank specific people individually.

so right now i wanna hear what everyone thought of both parties. so please let me know.
Allen Castillo
Special Events ADH
Soap Bubble & Hardcore Synergy Promoter

#273 User is offline   BenedictKenny 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6906

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:49 PM

I didn't get into UG, because of the lines, and since I didn't have any sort of staff/vip badge on Friday, I would have had to wait in line for forever with the other people, only while holding records (no room yet).

It wasn't worth it, so I went to bed instead.
Luke gave me the gist anyway.

SB was fine.
-
I don't know no girls/I'm old, so I donn't really dance too much, if at all. It was mostly being a scenester, but the parties were cool.
There seemed to be good vibes out there, and at this point, it's just a matter of how can you make it even better vibes, next year,I'd suppose.

I was surprised when two people separately asked me about my set from Soap Bubble. I was pretty sure the only person awake for that was one of my accompaniments. Even N4M3L0C gave up and went home to go to sleep. :mellow:

View PoststomptoMYbeat, on May 18 2008, 04:27 PM, said:

OH.
MY.
GODDDD.

Soap Bubble was so amazing this year, guys. You really did a fantastic job ...

For anyone that was there, I was up on the front stage with the DJs, getting my groove on! I had a short black skirt on, black rimmed glasses, a teal-ish tank top, and medium length brown hair! I had an absolute blast getting my dance on this year!

AND "STOMP TO MY BEAT" GOT SPUN!!!
That honestly made my weekend!

I'll post the videos once I get around to uploading them.

And one question - there was a photographer up on stage, and he was taking mad pictures of me while I was dancing up there. Didn't get a chance to introduce myself to him, but I'd just like to see these pictures!

I didn't really realize that was you. It's been too many years since I've seen you, or, maybe noticed is a better word, however, now that I think about it, that WAS you. Meh.

As far as the guy taking pictures of you, I'm pretty sure he's the one who knows some of the higher ups. He introduced himself to me, but I forgot his name. Bigger fellow, band around his head?
I hit people while wearing gloves.

#274 User is offline   Shampoo-chan13 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6607

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:29 PM

I was the Sexy no Jutsu Shippuuden Naruto and in alot of cango lines ^=^""

i fell once and tripped but i had a AWESOME time!!
Thank yous for all that helped me up XD
Known as Shampoo

Myspace Facebook
Planning
Agito: *Finish Details* | Poland/Feliks: *working on each outfit*
Mao: 60% *Need Wig/Blue Cloak/Headphones* | Usami/Usagi: 70% *Need Wig/Vest* | Kadaj; *for 2011*
KOS MOS: *for 2010!* | Zidane Tribal: Dream | Teito Klein; *After KOS MOS* | Sexy no Jutsu Sasuke; *Planning*
:: Dream Cosplays: KOS MOS
Passed Cosplay: Reno, Deidara, The Ring girl, Pigtailed Ed,TS Naruto Sexy no Jutsu, Causal Shuichi, Lambo, Meowth, Akito/Agito

#275 User is offline   Rawk z3r0 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 15588

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:16 PM

hey, here's my pics from Soapbubble, and the videos should be coming up in the next week or so.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v726/Caf...%2008/?start=40

#276 User is offline   sing for the moment 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 10672

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:20 PM

omfg UG and SB ROCKED MY SOCKS OFF. Never danced so hard and so long in all my life. Total madness. effing rocked.
"A true friend stabs you in the front." ~ Oscar Wilde :'D

#277 User is offline   Gaara22 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18513

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:25 PM

I loved undergound groove and soap bubble.... but everytime i was tired and wanted to sit down the Red Power Ranger kept grabbing ppl and me who were sitting down and brought them to his group to dance... lol

#278 User is offline   codename47 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9227

Posted 19 May 2008 - 02:24 AM

I liked every part of both! Good part of soapbubble was in the last 15 minutes when it was just the bright white lights flashing and not those colored lights goin around blinding me lol.

BUT the absolute best part of soapbubble was when some DJ had some remix song of THE PRICE IS RIGHT theme! I was like wtf! And the thing was, it was so good too! Which DJ made that and is it up somewhere where I could listen to it again??? That was a really creative mix.

#279 User is offline   BenedictKenny 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6906

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:07 AM

View Postcodename47, on May 19 2008, 03:24 AM, said:

I liked every part of both! Good part of soapbubble was in the last 15 minutes when it was just the bright white lights flashing and not those colored lights goin around blinding me lol.

BUT the absolute best part of soapbubble was when some DJ had some remix song of THE PRICE IS RIGHT theme! I was like wtf! And the thing was, it was so good too! Which DJ made that and is it up somewhere where I could listen to it again??? That was a really creative mix.

That DJ was DJ OPM. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=35749607
If you heard that mix, that means you were up MUCH too late. Your parents would be ashamed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=emAtcdY0H0U

That link is also for you.
I hit people while wearing gloves.

#280 User is offline   Rini 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 17020

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:54 AM

Soap bubble made for the sleepiest Rini EVAR.

Oh my geez.
I'm still exhausted. <3
<(^_^)> Rewr :3

#281 User is offline   Seph 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11372

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:26 AM

And one question - there was a photographer up on stage, and he was taking mad pictures of me while I was dancing up there. Didn't get a chance to introduce myself to him, but I'd just like to see these pictures!

thought I left early.. about.. 2:15am.. I was "the" "one of the" photographers on stage. i dont know if there were more photogs after i left, but I had a Darth Vadar helmet on.. if I was the one you were referring to..

photos will be up when i post them :P

-Seph

#282 User is offline   The Commodore 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18210

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:58 AM

Man the Soap Bubble was awesome!! I've always been one of those people who flat out says "I don't dance." And that was my plan for that night too, just to hang out in the room and listen to the music and nod my head a little. But as I made my way up to the stage (which didn't take long, and then I stayed there for the rest of the time) I got more and more into the music. All the DJs did a great job, but I think my favorite was Heavygrinder. I checked out her myspace a few weeks before the con, and really liked her music. Earlier on Saturday when I was walking by the car show I saw her sitting at that DJ booth thing and I went over and bought her CD and got it signed - she was so nice to me, not to mention she's super gorgeous (she winked at me ahhh!!! *dies*). Her set was so much fun, and by the end of the night I was dancing...I didn't even think I could - ha!

The con had a bad start for me because of waiting in the huge registration line, but the dance really made it worth it. I left right around when Greg Aryes was starting his set, because I was seriously lacking sleep, but I would have liked to stay even longer!! I took a few pics and videos, I'll post em when they're uploaded.

PS: Party Like A Rockstar/Sweet Child of Mine remix was really unexpected but really awesome.
- TEAM 2L2Q -
ACEN 2011: The Last Judgement

#283 User is offline   kruton6 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 18562

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:45 AM

Did anyone get any pictures from the Hardcore Synergy/Underground Groove party at all?

I think I preferred it to the SB b/c it was smaller and the songs were more recognizable being a fan of rhythm games whereas SB was just techno remixes of radio songs.

#284 User is offline   ~Sarah-Chan~ 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 17387

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:50 AM

I admit, SoapBubble was fun...we spent about 30 minutes there though, but it was like 3 in the morning and people were getting drunk and stupid so it wasn't the best but the DJs rocked!

Thanks to all the Acen staff for bringing some awesome DJs and thanks to the DJs for spinning so awesome music

#285 User is offline   The Commodore 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 18210

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:01 PM

View PostSeph, on May 19 2008, 07:26 AM, said:

thought I left early.. about.. 2:15am.. I was "the" "one of the" photographers on stage. i dont know if there were more photogs after i left, but I had a Darth Vadar helmet on.. if I was the one you were referring to..

photos will be up when i post them :P

-Seph

Aww I remember you! I think I ended up in a couple of your pics. I was in the front row wearing a shirt with toast on it, haha.
- TEAM 2L2Q -
ACEN 2011: The Last Judgement

#286 User is offline   Seph 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:24 PM

View PostThe Commodore, on May 19 2008, 01:01 PM, said:

Aww I remember you! I think I ended up in a couple of your pics. I was in the front row wearing a shirt with toast on it, haha.

yup sure did.. you even had "The Commodore" on your badge :P

#287 User is offline   code4destruction 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17373

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:02 PM

The SB and UG were probably my acen highlights this year =3 and possibly the best party i've ever been too =D I even got to dance on one of the stages and in one of the circles. My legs are still killing me from SB :lol:
Posted Image

#288 User is offline   Super Salamander 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 13015

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:03 PM

hey did anyone put up any video or pics of the rave at the sofitel on friday night? was that the underground groove? anyways that was one of the funnest raves of my life. i was the guy that started the breakdancing circle at the sofitel. i was wearing the cargo pants and the wifebeat, hahaha the little guy. anyone get any pics or vid of me?

#289 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Main Programming Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

i'm really glad people had a good time. what did you guys think of the DJ's we had this year?
Allen Castillo
Special Events ADH

#290 User is offline   Seph 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:07 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on May 19 2008, 10:49 PM, said:

i'm really glad people had a good time. what did you guys think of the DJ's we had this year?

well, let me put it to you this way.... I havnt danced that much while I sober in YEARS!!!
:P

#291 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Main Programming Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:58 PM

View PostSeph, on May 19 2008, 11:07 PM, said:

well, let me put it to you this way.... I havnt danced that much while I sober in YEARS!!!
:P

awesome hey man i know you got some shots of the SoapBubble please email some would you. evilbuu24@aol.com or evilbuu24@comcast.net i'd love shots of the crowd from the stage and shots of the DJ's especially HeavyGrinder.
Allen Castillo
Special Events ADH

#292 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Main Programming Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:46 PM

also if anyone has any video's of the soapbubble please post up links to that.
Allen Castillo
Special Events ADH

#293 User is offline   Seph 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:36 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on May 19 2008, 11:58 PM, said:

awesome hey man i know you got some shots of the SoapBubble please email some would you. evilbuu24@aol.com or evilbuu24@comcast.net i'd love shots of the crowd from the stage and shots of the DJ's especially HeavyGrinder.

trust me.. your going to love the images.. they came out INSANELY AWESOME...
due to some situations... I have to wait to submit the photos anywhere..

#294 User is offline   Kozi 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 10798

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:41 AM

OH.
MY.
GODDDD.

Soap Bubble was so amazing this year, guys. You really did a fantastic job ...

For anyone that was there, I was up on the front stage with the DJs, getting my groove on! I had a short black skirt on, black rimmed glasses, a teal-ish tank top, and medium length brown hair! I had an absolute blast getting my dance on this year!

AND "STOMP TO MY BEAT" GOT SPUN!!!
That honestly made my weekend!

I'll post the videos once I get around to uploading them.

Hey. :D I think my friend Chelsea and I were dancing by you. We traded glowsticks/swords? xD I could be wrong.. >> I forgot the color of your top.
Kozinu.com . I X I . Myspace . I X I . Personal Site . I X I . Cosplay.com

On AIM. (AIM=Kozinu)

Cosplaying:
Gothy...? No actual cosplay, sorries. Too poor/time restricted this year. (Just got my own place. x-x)

Acen 2007 Photos
Acen 2008 Photos

Claimed by: No one, I r teh singul0r.

=^.^= Part of the Neko Community =^.^=
Yes, I will have jingly black/red kitty ears on for most of the con!

#295 User is offline   Seph 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:15 AM

I didnt get a lot of cosplay for a few reasons.. but here are the public images...

http://www.sephphoto...m/gallery/acen/

#296 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Main Programming Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:58 AM

View PostSeph, on May 20 2008, 10:15 AM, said:

I didnt get a lot of cosplay for a few reasons.. but here are the public images...

http://www.sephphoto...m/gallery/acen/

awesome pics man very nice. i can't wait to see the rest of them
Allen Castillo
Special Events ADH

#297 User is offline   SpicyNinjaCat 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 10841

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:11 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on May 19 2008, 10:49 PM, said:

All I know is that I hope they're there again next year. They're really good and I love their beats and the stuff they mixed up. They're amazing.
I was in the parking lot from the false fire alarm in '12.
I overcame the ACen rapture in '11.
I survived the ACen fire in '10.
I dodged the H1N1 outbreak in '09.
I was denied ice cream at the ACen 10th Anniversary ice cream social in '07.

#298 User is offline   stomptoMYbeat 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2256

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:09 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on May 20 2008, 04:58 AM, said:

I've got some stuff that I'm in the process of uploading right now; I've got some pretty good videos - one of which from the stage, so it's pretty sweet.

View PostKozi, on May 20 2008, 01:41 PM, said:

Hey. :D I think my friend Chelsea and I were dancing by you. We traded glowsticks/swords? xD I could be wrong.. >> I forgot the color of your top.

No, I wish I got to trade fun things with people ;[ I probably did see you at some point, though!

The DJs this year were FANTASTIC!!! I don't think I've ever danced so hard! I was really digging the tracks throughout the night, and seeing everyone get into it from the stage was absolutely ridiculous! Good people. Good vibes. Good music. Good dancing. What else could I ask for?
FIND ME AT ACEN: WEARING MY DEADMAU5 HEAD AGAIN!

#299 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Main Programming Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:53 PM

Ok now i've got a question for everyone what did you guys think of our first DJ.....DJ Amaya he was the opening DJ and spun primarily Japanese Trance and Electro.

i brought him out especially just for that i think he will be a definite resident DJ for acen next year. please let me know what you thought.
Allen Castillo
Special Events ADH

#300 User is offline   Brazoliange 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10363

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:02 PM

Synergy was really good. A better venue (where they don't suddenly close down and cut off DJs) would kind of be good though.

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users