Anime Central Forums: Soapbubble & Underground Groove 2008 - Anime Central Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Soapbubble & Underground Groove 2008 WHOSE READY TO HAVE FUN

#241 User is offline   BenedictKenny 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6906

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:55 AM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on Apr 28 2008, 01:44 AM, said:

Eh... the drum & bass of the soap bubble is what I'm honestly looking forward to to give you an idea of my tastes....And hopefully this year I won't mistakenly try to convince Nameloc to not spin Dieselboy xD

;) You know how us drum 'n bass soldiers roll.

That was also me you tried unsuccessfully to convince to spin Dieselboy, and I'm even less likely to spin Dieselboy than N4m3L0c, however, maybe this year I...
I hit people while wearing gloves.

#242 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1441

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:29 AM

View Postcodename47, on Apr 28 2008, 02:03 AM, said:

You should go past 6am this year if you can!!

yeah thats probably not gonna happen.
Allen Castillo

#243 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:40 PM

View PostBenedictKenny, on Apr 28 2008, 09:55 AM, said:

That was also me you tried unsuccessfully to convince to spin Dieselboy, and I'm even less likely to spin Dieselboy than N4m3L0c, however, maybe this year I...

My bad bro...in several different way. Allen said it was probably nameloc when I asked him about it. xD

But yeah man, throw it down this year. Needs moar DSL. ;3

edit: Actually, I'm sure I wasn't trying to convince you to play but to *not* play it because I didn't think people would feel it. Think I suggested something mainstream like ak1200 or wishfm...My memory is a little sketchy as I wasn't in the best condition to have a conversation by that point. xDD
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#244 User is offline   djmaru 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 4487

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:53 PM

Aw man, the dance sounds like it's going to kick all sorts of butt this year... I won't be able to make it again as my contract goes until March of next year, but please put me down on the guest list for 2009!

The DJ bug just doesn't leave that easy tho, so here you guys go! Two new mixes (made on computer, unfortunately) that I made while bored at work!

The first: Old school hip-hop and a little more. Title: HipHop+
The link(s):
http://www.mediafire.com/?bnmdnw2vzzt
http://rapidshare.co...p_Plus.mp3.html

The second, Breakbeats! Title: I can't breakdance, but I can make other people.
The links:
Higher quality, larger file at:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2L4MMDRA
Lower quality, smaller file at:
http://rapidshare.co...atsMix.mp3.html

Hope you like 'em! If anyone wants the playlists I'll post them here too, but in the interest of space I'll leave them out for now.

Hope everyone has a great time at Acen this year and I'll see everyone in 2009!

-DJ Maru!

#245 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:52 PM

View Postdjmaru, on Apr 28 2008, 11:53 PM, said:

Aw man, the dance sounds like it's going to kick all sorts of butt this year... I won't be able to make it again as my contract goes until March of next year, but please put me down on the guest list for 2009!

The DJ bug just doesn't leave that easy tho, so here you guys go! Two new mixes (made on computer, unfortunately) that I made while bored at work!

The first: Old school hip-hop and a little more. Title: HipHop+
The link(s):
http://www.mediafire.com/?bnmdnw2vzzt
http://rapidshare.co...p_Plus.mp3.html

The second, Breakbeats! Title: I can't breakdance, but I can make other people.
The links:
Higher quality, larger file at:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2L4MMDRA
Lower quality, smaller file at:
http://rapidshare.co...atsMix.mp3.html

Hope you like 'em! If anyone wants the playlists I'll post them here too, but in the interest of space I'll leave them out for now.

Hope everyone has a great time at Acen this year and I'll see everyone in 2009!

-DJ Maru!

sounds good man its not gonna be the same without you there again this year. i hope all is well in the land of sushi and really really nice cars that i want to buy but can't.
Allen Castillo

#246 User is offline   Surge 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 12438

Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:42 AM

with chucky, no+chin, guhroovy and m-project in one room playing iidx songs my brain will attain critical mass

#247 User is offline   stomptoMYbeat 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2256

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:57 PM

View PostSurge, on Apr 29 2008, 08:42 AM, said:

with chucky, no+chin, guhroovy and m-project in one room playing iidx songs my brain will attain critical mass

I feel ya, man! But it's going to be downright amazing!
FIND ME AT ACEN: WEARING MY DEADMAU5 HEAD AGAIN!

#248 User is offline   J-Corephile 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17046

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:55 PM

View PostSurge, on Apr 29 2008, 02:42 AM, said:

Your METALLIC MIND is gonna have a MENTAL MELTDOWN?

#249 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:23 PM

its good to see everyone excited for friday nite.
Allen Castillo

#250 Guest_Turbodaze_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:37 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Aug 20 2007, 11:39 AM, said:

yeah TaQ is another hot DJ/Producer i'd love to see. also DJ yojibiohemanika would be awesome. if anyone else knows of any other japanese DJ's that i don't know about please recommend them on here.

Yoji would be insane!

Thanks for bringing DJ SILVER and the happy hardcore acts to this con. It made me decided to go to ACen this time!

I'm driving from South Dakota

#251 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:15 AM

View PostTurbodaze, on Apr 30 2008, 11:37 AM, said:

Yoji would be insane!

Thanks for bringing DJ SILVER and the happy hardcore acts to this con. It made me decided to go to ACen this time!

I'm driving from South Dakota

thats awesome that your coming based on what DJ's were bringing to acen. i hope more people show up for that just that fact.
Allen Castillo

#252 User is offline   Nichoals/Chaos 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 14840

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:35 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Aug 16 2007, 09:38 PM, said:

i know its a little early to be talkin about soapbubble and underground groove, but i like to get things started early and i like the buzz to be out there for a good long time. so lets start things off by asking what you liked and disliked about this year.

also to any and all DJ's and wannabe DJ's i would like to see more of you at next years DJ comp. this years DJ comp was good but it definitely could've been better i know there are always tons of you out there that say "i can spin better then the DJ's that they have at acen" its about time you prove it. so when i call for demo's i wanna be flooded with CD's.

so lets open up the discussion and tell me what you really think.

MMMMMMM when is SB ? and what time i should go ? and when does it end ? please tell me i want 2 go badly and is there a certain age u have 2 be 2 go ? and how bad is the wait?
Anime Central 2009 Cosplay ( I might b doing a skit if u want some 1 to help with or be in it a skit just ask me)
Fri: Gokudera ( future season with the red boxes and skull cannon from KHR)-75 % done
Allen Walker ( Crowned Clown with black claw from D. Gray Man)- 100% done

Sat: Second Gear Luffy ( From One piece)- 50 % percent done
Death the kid ( From Soul Eater)-10 % done
Allen Walker ( Crowned Clown with black claw from D. Gray Man)- 100% done
Gokudera ( future season with the red boxes and skull cannon from KHR)- 75% done

Sun :Death the kid ( From Soul Eater)- 10% done

Maybe If i find excact time of photoshoot : Brock ( pokemon season D&P) - 100% done

#253 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:44 PM

View PostNichoals/Chaos, on Apr 30 2008, 07:35 PM, said:

MMMMMMM when is SB ? and what time i should go ? and when does it end ? please tell me i want 2 go badly and is there a certain age u have 2 be 2 go ? and how bad is the wait?

SoapBubble starts right after the Masqurade so hopefully around 10 or 1030 and goes until the sun comes up so around 530am or so.

you don't have to be a certain age to enter as for the wait to get in its hard to say what it might be this year.
Allen Castillo

#254 User is offline   mydjsobad 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 17043

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:45 AM

http://www.waxingand...g.com/flyer.jpg

:D

#255 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:42 PM

View Postmydjsobad, on May 1 2008, 12:45 PM, said:

thats a sic flyer man.
Allen Castillo

#256 User is offline   Alura Embrey 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 16908

Posted 01 May 2008 - 01:32 PM

That is BAMF! I'm saving that!!
Cosplay '09
?Tousen?

My Home and Life
Alura on Myspace
(Make sure to say you're from ACen)

#257 User is offline   DJ Amaya 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 17013

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:37 PM

View Postandaloo, on Apr 25 2008, 06:13 PM, said:

finally some Japanese music and to top it off Japanese Electro. :rolleyes:

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Apr 25 2008, 09:05 PM, said:

why the sad face?

its been along time coming but i've finally found someone who is actually good and remixes all his own stuff.

Thanks for the compliments, and I'll be breaking a few never before heard remixes at this show. I'm really excited to see how the Acen peoples get down (I've heard you guys REALLY know how to party!).

I'm so excited about this!

#258 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:00 PM

View PostDJ Amaya, on May 1 2008, 10:37 PM, said:

Thanks for the compliments, and I'll be breaking a few never before heard remixes at this show. I'm really excited to see how the Acen peoples get down (I've heard you guys REALLY know how to party!).

I'm so excited about this!

i can't wait to hear more of your new stuff man. see you in a few weeks.
Allen Castillo

#259 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:34 AM

ANIMECENTRAL'S UNDERGROUND GROOVE PRESENTS HARDCORE SYNERGY FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE SOFITEL.

DJ CHUCKY (GUHROOVY) - A name that's synonymous with hardcore music in Japan, DJ CHUCKY is making his 2nd appearance in the U.S. at Anime Central 2008. Although known mostly for his works on several major compilations released in Japan, DJ CHUCKY has released several mix CDs and has also had original works featured in Konami's popular beatmaniaIIDX series. He'll be bringing his blend of bangin' hardcore, gabber and nu-style beats to the Friday night stage.

M-Project (TERRAFORM MUSIC) - Having been called "Tokyo's best kept hardcore secret", M-Project is taking the stage for the 2nd year in a row at Friday night's party. Best known for creating and remixing tracks in the Makina style, M-Project's tracks have been on some fan favorite white label vinyls and several compilations released by SHARPNELSOUND and HARDCORE TANO*C. You won't want to miss this upbeat hardcore performance.

New DJs:

DJ Da/Le (AVSS) - The man behind "Otaku Records", DJ Da/Le is a fan of anime and otaku culture who applies these interests into his mixes. He performed a small set at ACen 2007's car show and acted as VJ during DJ CHUCKY, NO+CHIN and M-Project's sets, this year DJ Da/Le is taking center stage to put on a performance that fans of anime and Japanese culture will surely want to catch.

DJ Silver (HAPPYHARDCORE.COM) - The owner of Happyhardcore.com, DJ Silver has had his hands in so many projects it'd be impossible to name them all. Fans of Konami's Bemani series have most definitely heard his work in the Dance Dance Revolution series over the past several years, even if they don't know it. He was also the leading force behind the popular "HARDCORE SUPER J-TRANCE PARTY" series of J-Pop remix CDs. Saying that he's a driving force in the worldwide hardcore scene would be an understatement, and we're honored to have such a talented and well known hardcore performer take the stage at Anime Central 2008.

DJ Comet - (Shy Guy Recordings) The first (and only) American to play at any of the super huge HARDCORE TIL I DIE parties in the UK, DJ Comet has had a hand in several major hardcore projects and along with DJ Silver has had his work in Konami's Dance Dance Revolution series. As a fan of Japanese Hardcore, he'll be playing a special themed set this year to compliment the rest of our special guest DJs.

Jakazid (NUKLEUZ) - Hardcore fans would know him best for his underground "Aural Adrenaline" mix CD series, while fans of internet culture would recognize his viral "Cillit Bang (The Hardcore Cleaning Sensation)" remix and video. Recently lending his talent to several J-Core releases, Jakazid will be performing on behalf of both the UK and Japanese Hardcore scenes. And we couldn't be more excited.

DM Ashura (BMS) - Starting off as a fan who created some of the most popular DDR remixes ever created, DM Ashura is now a featured artist in Konami's Dance Dance Revolution franchise. This year being his first appearance at Anime Central, he'll be performing in support of his full length album "Digital Maestro".

BIG NEWS:

GUHROOVY (Akira Uchibori) HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE UG: HARDCORE SYNERGY LINEUP.

Fans of Konami's beatmania and beatmaniaIIDX franchises will know him from his almost 10 years of contribution to the series. He'll be performing a short Live PA set alongside labelmates DJ CHUCKY and NO+CHIN. This is a VERY special occurrence as he doesn't perform live very regularly.

source: http://www.hardcoresynergy.com

SOAPBUBBLE SATURDAY NIGHT @ THE HYATT OHARE MAIN BALLROOM

We've added a new DJ to our line up for saturday night.

DJ HeavyGrinder (House, Electronica) L.A.: A native of Seattle, HeavyGrinder currently resides in Los Angeles where she is a part time student, and full time DJ. At age thirteen, she began to actively pursue her love of music and being on center stage by taking up vocal training and modeling. After years of traveling and successful model work, she made her way to LA in 1998. It was in the City of Angels that she realized her new love, cozying up to the sounds of underground dance music, captivated by the power of the DJ and the reaction of the crowd.

Now 24 year old, HeavyGrinder is capturing the attention of audiences worldwide. Spain ( Ibiza ), Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia and Mexico have been key international stops for this talent so far. In the Los Angeles club scene alone, she has played at most notable venues including Key Club, Highlands, Century Club, Avalon, Sunset Room and White Lotus. When shes not playing in her hometown, HG is regularly headlining events across the United States at some of the biggest clubs and has performed in cities from Anchorage to Washington D.C., and Atlanta back to Honolulu as well as dozens of cities in between.

As of recent, HeavyGrinder has been working on her own music production and has released a track featuring the veteran vocal talents of SuSu Bobien on the well-respected house label, Soundmen on Wax; as well as a track 'You think You do' that was pressed on vinyl by Star Fruits Records.

In Fall of 2007, HeavyGrinder released a compilation CD, 'Living a Dream' from ODE Music in Japan.

http://www.myspace.com/djheavygrinder

DJ Khek (Hip Hop, House, Drum and Bass) Chicago : Has been an ACEN regular for the last 5 years and has been constantly showing ACEN that he is one of the best kept secrets in Chicago music.

DJ Amaya (Japanese Electro and Japanese Vocal Trance) L.A. : This is our newest DJ to the line up he comes to us from the west to bring in his own style of Japanese Electro & Vocal Trance be ready to be dance to his unique sound.

DJ Beryl Turner ( House and Old School) Chicago: Is our longest running regular at 11 years he has been DJing and spinning music for quite sometime and will be showing all you young people out there how OLD SCHOOL is really done.

DJ Nameloc ( Drum and Bass, Jungle) Chicago : is the winner of 2007 ACEN DJ competition and new regular to the line up of already awesome DJ's he will be playing the deep dark sounds of Drum & Bass and Jungle.

DJ Jon Sugerman (House and Electro) Chicago

Allen Castillo

#260 User is offline   Shae 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6637

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:45 AM

Now that DJ HeavyGrinder has been invited, I'm REALLY anxious to get in the Soap Bubble early so I don't miss hearing her spin. :(

#261 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:53 PM

View PostShae, on May 7 2008, 12:45 PM, said:

Now that DJ HeavyGrinder has been invited, I'm REALLY anxious to get in the Soap Bubble early so I don't miss hearing her spin. :(

We are very excited to have DJ HeavyGrinder spin for us at our little convention this year. i hope this will lead to many more DJ's of her caliber coming to spin at con.
Allen Castillo

#262 User is offline   *Argento* 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 18206

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:50 AM

I'm a huuuuuuuuge hardcore fan so I'm psyched for Friday night as well as Saturday.

Also, know I skipped a few pages so idk if he was mentioned, but someday I'd LOVE to se DJ SiSen come to ACen or any US con, I'd go JUST to see him. :3

#263 User is offline   Seph 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 11372

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:50 AM

DUE TO SCHEDULING CONFLICTS.. I "MIGHT" NOT BE OFFERING LIVE PHOTO SHOOTS :(

#264 User is offline   mole_force 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 15220

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:29 PM

Oh wow, look at that list grow. HS and SB should be interesting this year! Hopefully I can get a chance to come one of these events when my schedule allows me. :3
Can I have Smoked Cheese?
Tumblr | Flickr
ACEN 2011 Photo Collection

#265 User is offline   CrimsonAnime 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 18090

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:33 PM

Okay. Now that I know when they are - I'll definetly be going
Both Underground groove and soap bubble are free right?
A-Cen 2014 Cosplay (links are of me): Angewomon (Digimon) / Sailor Luna (Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon) / Hikaru (Angelic Layer) /
CURRENTLY SELLING ANIME/MANGA/WALLSCROLLS! PM FOR MORE INFORMATION!
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2013: Pocahontas //// Raven (Teen Titans TV Series)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2011:Edward Elric //// Anthy (Rose Bride) //// Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Diva(Final Battle)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2010:Yoruichi(Shinigami Form) //// Saya (Vietnam/Crazy Form) //// Sailor Pluto //// Anthy (Rose Bride)
(PHOTOS)A-cen 2009:Diva(Final Battle) //// Sailor Pluto //// Edward Elric
The Official "Forum Kitten", A Rini Fangirl, TekoMuto fan

#266 User is offline   Oreo_Otaku 

• Registration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2339
  • Location:inside your mind... I'm a figment of your imagination

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:37 PM

Free with your badge.
[center]How's my driving? Flip FOB Driver Pro: Oreo_Otaku. Comments? CALL: 111-555-9999
If you can read this you get a pat on the back.
I drank GOD and it is good!!!
Part of POWA*PinoyOneWorldAlliance*
ninja>pirates!
Acen Hamburglar

#267 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 01:20 AM

View PostCrimsonAnime, on May 10 2008, 11:33 PM, said:

Okay. Now that I know when they are - I'll definetly be going
Both Underground groove and soap bubble are free right?

as long as you paid to come to the convention its free.
Allen Castillo

#268 User is offline   The Puppeteer 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 14808

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:44 PM

View PostMoogle_21, on Aug 16 2007, 11:33 PM, said:

It'll depend on whether or not the fire marshall will be staying on site like they did for this year. Which is why there was a constant line all night, because they couldn't have more than so many people or the con gets shut down :'(. In 06, I don't really remember there being a line for it and you could come and go as you pleased.

i don't remember a line at all either that year.

will tickets be involved in the soap bubble and underground grove eventually?
げんきですか?

who wants free cookies?!

#269 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:51 PM

View PostThe Puppeteer, on May 13 2008, 07:44 PM, said:

i don't remember a line at all either that year.

will tickets be involved in the soap bubble and underground grove eventually?

I would like to avoid that at all cost i don't want to limit the amount of people that can or cannot come to the party.
Allen Castillo

#270 User is offline   stomptoMYbeat 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2256

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:27 PM

OH.
MY.
GODDDD.

Soap Bubble was so amazing this year, guys. You really did a fantastic job ...

For anyone that was there, I was up on the front stage with the DJs, getting my groove on! I had a short black skirt on, black rimmed glasses, a teal-ish tank top, and medium length brown hair! I had an absolute blast getting my dance on this year!

AND "STOMP TO MY BEAT" GOT SPUN!!!
That honestly made my weekend!

I'll post the videos once I get around to uploading them.

And one question - there was a photographer up on stage, and he was taking mad pictures of me while I was dancing up there. Didn't get a chance to introduce myself to him, but I'd just like to see these pictures!
FIND ME AT ACEN: WEARING MY DEADMAU5 HEAD AGAIN!

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users