Anime Central Forums: Soapbubble & Underground Groove 2008 - Anime Central Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Soapbubble & Underground Groove 2008 WHOSE READY TO HAVE FUN

#221 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1441

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:22 PM

^ You guys should know by now that my parties never end early. we always try to make them go as long as possible so everyone has a chance to experience the parties that acen puts together.
Allen Castillo

#222 User is offline   mydjsobad 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 17043

Posted 24 April 2008 - 11:56 PM

BIG NEWS:

GUHROOVY (Akira Uchibori) HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE UG: HARDCORE SYNERGY LINEUP.

Fans of Konami's beatmania and beatmaniaIIDX franchises will know him from his almost 10 years of contribution to the series. He'll be performing a short Live PA set alongside labelmates DJ CHUCKY and NO+CHIN. This is a VERY special occurrence as he doesn't perform live very regularly.

source: http://www.hardcoresynergy.com

#223 User is offline   Kashiin Fayden 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16217

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:24 AM

View PostAlura Embrey, on Apr 22 2008, 07:42 PM, said:

Well, I also have to take out time on Friday to do my hair. I'm going as Tousen on Friday so I'll have my hair cornrowed, but I'm going as Aeris the next day, so I have to take my hair down, wash it, blow dry it and straighten it. I should mention that my hair is nearly to the middle of my back, so it'll take a while XD

But I'll see if I can enlist my friends to help me so I can make it Friday night too.

*runs off *Oi Fayden, buddy oh pall!!!!

WE'RE GOING ALURA! I thought you knew this!!!!!!
Oh no 너 허튼 생각 마 닥치고 이걸 봐 여긴 니가 버린 땅
DJ SiSeN for ACen 09!
MySpaceFacebook

#224 User is offline   Alura Embrey 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 16908

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:55 AM

Then be prepared to help me with my hair. :P

I just looked up some GUHROOVY and its OMG AWESOME! I started dancing in my seat. Which means a lot cause I stopped dancing entirely a few years ago. Oh hells yeah I'm going to both! Hair or no hair. ^_^

EDIT: I've now looked up all the listed DJs and I'm like drooling with anticipation for this!
Cosplay '09
?Tousen?

My Home and Life
Alura on Myspace
(Make sure to say you're from ACen)

#225 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:32 AM

View PostAlura Embrey, on Apr 25 2008, 01:55 AM, said:

Then be prepared to help me with my hair. :P

I just looked up some GUHROOVY and its OMG AWESOME! I started dancing in my seat. Which means a lot cause I stopped dancing entirely a few years ago. Oh hells yeah I'm going to both! Hair or no hair. ^_^

EDIT: I've now looked up all the listed DJs and I'm like drooling with anticipation for this!

i'm glad we've given you something to drool over. :blink:

it makes me feel all squishy inside.
Allen Castillo

#226 User is offline   Kasin 

• Iron Chef
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Iron Chef
  • Member No.: 13139

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:50 AM

can't wait can't wait can't wait *jumps up and down*
Anime: hell girl, & trigun. Manga: Soul eater. / Games: Dragon Age, DCUO, batman, & soulsilver.i'm a rini fan boypokemon friend code: 2836 0346 5412 battle anytime, need to get my gold/silver code. wii code: 0061 4530 7677 7629. XBL: hitherkasin & PSN ID: kasin13in 2011 i will be cosplaying as gene starwind & kouga, also w/ my daughter we will do pokemon trainer red/ash & eevee/pikachu. in 2012 we will do hit girl & big daddy, also mini moon & tuxedo mask. in 2013 we will do wizardmon & kari with a gatomon plushie (ty teko!) also mystic gohan & pan. I will also do green ranger some day.

#227 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:56 PM

ANIMECENTRAL'S UNDERGROUND GROOVE PRESENTS HARDCORE SYNERGY FRIDAY NIGHT AT THE SOFITEL.

DJ CHUCKY (GUHROOVY) - A name that's synonymous with hardcore music in Japan, DJ CHUCKY is making his 2nd appearance in the U.S. at Anime Central 2008. Although known mostly for his works on several major compilations released in Japan, DJ CHUCKY has released several mix CDs and has also had original works featured in Konami's popular beatmaniaIIDX series. He'll be bringing his blend of bangin' hardcore, gabber and nu-style beats to the Friday night stage.

M-Project (TERRAFORM MUSIC) - Having been called "Tokyo's best kept hardcore secret", M-Project is taking the stage for the 2nd year in a row at Friday night's party. Best known for creating and remixing tracks in the Makina style, M-Project's tracks have been on some fan favorite white label vinyls and several compilations released by SHARPNELSOUND and HARDCORE TANO*C. You won't want to miss this upbeat hardcore performance.

New DJs:

DJ Da/Le (AVSS) - The man behind "Otaku Records", DJ Da/Le is a fan of anime and otaku culture who applies these interests into his mixes. He performed a small set at ACen 2007's car show and acted as VJ during DJ CHUCKY, NO+CHIN and M-Project's sets, this year DJ Da/Le is taking center stage to put on a performance that fans of anime and Japanese culture will surely want to catch.

DJ Silver (HAPPYHARDCORE.COM) - The owner of Happyhardcore.com, DJ Silver has had his hands in so many projects it'd be impossible to name them all. Fans of Konami's Bemani series have most definitely heard his work in the Dance Dance Revolution series over the past several years, even if they don't know it. He was also the leading force behind the popular "HARDCORE SUPER J-TRANCE PARTY" series of J-Pop remix CDs. Saying that he's a driving force in the worldwide hardcore scene would be an understatement, and we're honored to have such a talented and well known hardcore performer take the stage at Anime Central 2008.

DJ Comet - (Shy Guy Recordings) The first (and only) American to play at any of the super huge HARDCORE TIL I DIE parties in the UK, DJ Comet has had a hand in several major hardcore projects and along with DJ Silver has had his work in Konami's Dance Dance Revolution series. As a fan of Japanese Hardcore, he'll be playing a special themed set this year to compliment the rest of our special guest DJs.

Jakazid (NUKLEUZ) - Hardcore fans would know him best for his underground "Aural Adrenaline" mix CD series, while fans of internet culture would recognize his viral "Cillit Bang (The Hardcore Cleaning Sensation)" remix and video. Recently lending his talent to several J-Core releases, Jakazid will be performing on behalf of both the UK and Japanese Hardcore scenes. And we couldn't be more excited.

DM Ashura (BMS) - Starting off as a fan who created some of the most popular DDR remixes ever created, DM Ashura is now a featured artist in Konami's Dance Dance Revolution franchise. This year being his first appearance at Anime Central, he'll be performing in support of his full length album "Digital Maestro".

BIG NEWS:

GUHROOVY (Akira Uchibori) HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE UG: HARDCORE SYNERGY LINEUP.

Fans of Konami's beatmania and beatmaniaIIDX franchises will know him from his almost 10 years of contribution to the series. He'll be performing a short Live PA set alongside labelmates DJ CHUCKY and NO+CHIN. This is a VERY special occurrence as he doesn't perform live very regularly.

source: http://www.hardcoresynergy.com

SOAPBUBBLE SATURDAY NIGHT @ THE HYATT OHARE MAIN BALLROOM

DJ Khek (Hip Hop, House, Drum and Bass) Chicago : Has been an ACEN regular for the last 5 years and has been constantly showing ACEN that he is one of the best kept secrets in Chicago music.

DJ Amaya (Japanese Electro and Japanese Vocal Trance) L.A. : This is our newest DJ to the line up he comes to us from the west to bring in his own style of Japanese Electro & Vocal Trance be ready to be dance to his unique sound.

DJ Beryl Turner ( House and Old School) Chicago: Is our longest running regular at 11 years he has been DJing and spinning music for quite sometime and will be showing all you young people out there how OLD SCHOOL is really done.

DJ Nameloc ( Drum and Bass, Jungle) Chicago : is the winner of 2007 ACEN DJ competition and new regular to the line up of already awesome DJ's he will be playing the deep dark sounds Drum & Bass & Jungle.

DJ Jon Sugerman (House and Electro) Chicago

Allen Castillo

#228 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:39 PM

DJ Silver (HAPPYHARDCORE.COM) - The owner of Happyhardcore.com,

:( :( :( :( :( :(
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#229 User is offline   andaloo 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9631

Posted 25 April 2008 - 08:13 PM

finally some Japanese music and to top it off Japanese Electro. :rolleyes:

#230 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:05 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on Apr 25 2008, 05:39 PM, said:

:( :( :( :( :( :(

why the sad face?

View Postandaloo, on Apr 25 2008, 09:13 PM, said:

finally some Japanese music and to top it off Japanese Electro. :rolleyes:

its been along time coming but i've finally found someone who is actually good and remixes all his own stuff.
Allen Castillo

#231 User is offline   Surge 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 12438

Posted 26 April 2008 - 05:41 AM

A few questions:

When do I need to be there to watch DJ Chucky, GUHROOVY, M-Project and NO+CHIN?
Will I need to wait early to make sure to catch all of their sets in its' entirety?
Can someone confirm that they will be UNABLE to play music featured in various Konami games?
Will friday's show be recorded or available for purchase?

Also it's not a question but I WANT TO MEAT ALL OF THEM.

#232 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:40 AM

View PostSurge, on Apr 26 2008, 06:41 AM, said:

A few questions:

When do I need to be there to watch DJ Chucky, GUHROOVY, M-Project and NO+CHIN?
Will I need to wait early to make sure to catch all of their sets in its' entirety?
Can someone confirm that they will be UNABLE to play music featured in various Konami games?
Will friday's show be recorded or available for purchase?

Also it's not a question but I WANT TO MEAT ALL OF THEM.

you can see them friday nite at 9pm at the Hotel Sofitel across the street from the Hyatt Ohare & Rosemont Convention Center.

if you wanna see there whole sets i recommend getting there when the party starts so you can see them spin live.

as to whether or not they will be playing any of ther Konami stuff is entirely up to them.

No recordings of the live shows will be done.
Allen Castillo

#233 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:21 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Apr 26 2008, 12:05 AM, said:

why the sad face?

I'm not sure I hate any type of music more than I hate happy hardcore. :( :( :(
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"

#234 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2008 - 01:11 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on Apr 26 2008, 12:21 PM, said:

i'm just giving the people what they want. they like so its all good.
Allen Castillo

#235 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:19 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Apr 26 2008, 02:11 PM, said:

i'm just giving the people what they want. they like so its all good.

I'm aware. :|

Just as a fan, I have my own tastes too. :P

I'll just try to avoid it during any HH.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#236 User is offline   mydjsobad 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 17043

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:15 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on Apr 27 2008, 04:19 AM, said:

I'm aware. :|

Just as a fan, I have my own tastes too. :P

I'll just try to avoid it during any HH.

He actually spins more normal hardcore than Happy Hardcore. He's owned that domain for years. As a whole Friday night will be a very good mix of stuff from trance to straight hardcore to nu-style gabber, to makina, trancecore, speedcore, etc. NO+CHIN will no doubt probably even mix in J-Pop/J-Rock and Anime themes as he did last year. The focus of the night is Hardcore itself, as that's the specialty of the DJs we have lined up, but I'd be surprised if they didn't mix it up a little bit.

As for the GUHROOVY crew playing their Konami stuff, they played most of their beatmaniaIIDX tracks last year. Hell, M-Project even debuted his remix of SigSig at ACen last year.

#237 User is offline   BenedictKenny 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6906

Posted 27 April 2008 - 06:09 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on Apr 26 2008, 12:21 PM, said:

I'm glad someone else in the world is sane.
I hit people while wearing gloves.

#238 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:44 AM

View Postmydjsobad, on Apr 27 2008, 03:15 PM, said:

He actually spins more normal hardcore than Happy Hardcore. He's owned that domain for years. As a whole Friday night will be a very good mix of stuff from trance to straight hardcore to nu-style gabber, to makina, trancecore, speedcore, etc. NO+CHIN will no doubt probably even mix in J-Pop/J-Rock and Anime themes as he did last year. The focus of the night is Hardcore itself, as that's the specialty of the DJs we have lined up, but I'd be surprised if they didn't mix it up a little bit.

As for the GUHROOVY crew playing their Konami stuff, they played most of their beatmaniaIIDX tracks last year. Hell, M-Project even debuted his remix of SigSig at ACen last year.

Eh... the drum & bass of the soap bubble is what I'm honestly looking forward to to give you an idea of my tastes....And hopefully this year I won't mistakenly try to convince Nameloc to not spin Dieselboy xD

View PostBenedictKenny, on Apr 27 2008, 07:09 PM, said:

I'm glad someone else in the world is sane.

;) You know how us drum 'n bass soldiers roll.
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#239 User is offline   codename47 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9227

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:03 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Apr 24 2008, 10:22 PM, said:

^ You guys should know by now that my parties never end early. we always try to make them go as long as possible so everyone has a chance to experience the parties that acen puts together.

You should go past 6am this year if you can!!

#240 User is offline   Nameloc 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 7110

Post icon  Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:26 AM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on Apr 28 2008, 01:44 AM, said:

Eh... the drum & bass of the soap bubble is what I'm honestly looking forward to to give you an idea of my tastes....And hopefully this year I won't mistakenly try to convince Nameloc to not spin Dieselboy xD

I don't actually spin any of dieselboy's production, but i do spin similar style tracks that he has in his mix cds. But i will be bringing a bunch of new dubs for you guys. :) If you are interested as to knowing my style, I have a mix and a couple of tunes here on my myspace that you can check out.

#241 User is offline   BenedictKenny 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6906

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:55 AM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on Apr 28 2008, 01:44 AM, said:

;) You know how us drum 'n bass soldiers roll.

That was also me you tried unsuccessfully to convince to spin Dieselboy, and I'm even less likely to spin Dieselboy than N4m3L0c, however, maybe this year I...
I hit people while wearing gloves.

#242 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:29 AM

View Postcodename47, on Apr 28 2008, 02:03 AM, said:

You should go past 6am this year if you can!!

yeah thats probably not gonna happen.
Allen Castillo

#243 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:40 PM

View PostBenedictKenny, on Apr 28 2008, 09:55 AM, said:

That was also me you tried unsuccessfully to convince to spin Dieselboy, and I'm even less likely to spin Dieselboy than N4m3L0c, however, maybe this year I...

My bad bro...in several different way. Allen said it was probably nameloc when I asked him about it. xD

But yeah man, throw it down this year. Needs moar DSL. ;3

edit: Actually, I'm sure I wasn't trying to convince you to play but to *not* play it because I didn't think people would feel it. Think I suggested something mainstream like ak1200 or wishfm...My memory is a little sketchy as I wasn't in the best condition to have a conversation by that point. xDD
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#244 User is offline   djmaru 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 4487

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:53 PM

Aw man, the dance sounds like it's going to kick all sorts of butt this year... I won't be able to make it again as my contract goes until March of next year, but please put me down on the guest list for 2009!

The DJ bug just doesn't leave that easy tho, so here you guys go! Two new mixes (made on computer, unfortunately) that I made while bored at work!

The first: Old school hip-hop and a little more. Title: HipHop+
The link(s):
http://www.mediafire.com/?bnmdnw2vzzt
http://rapidshare.co...p_Plus.mp3.html

The second, Breakbeats! Title: I can't breakdance, but I can make other people.
The links:
Higher quality, larger file at:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2L4MMDRA
Lower quality, smaller file at:
http://rapidshare.co...atsMix.mp3.html

Hope you like 'em! If anyone wants the playlists I'll post them here too, but in the interest of space I'll leave them out for now.

Hope everyone has a great time at Acen this year and I'll see everyone in 2009!

-DJ Maru!
Do the Pony Pokey www.mlponies.com

#245 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:52 PM

View Postdjmaru, on Apr 28 2008, 11:53 PM, said:

Aw man, the dance sounds like it's going to kick all sorts of butt this year... I won't be able to make it again as my contract goes until March of next year, but please put me down on the guest list for 2009!

The DJ bug just doesn't leave that easy tho, so here you guys go! Two new mixes (made on computer, unfortunately) that I made while bored at work!

The first: Old school hip-hop and a little more. Title: HipHop+
The link(s):
http://www.mediafire.com/?bnmdnw2vzzt
http://rapidshare.co...p_Plus.mp3.html

The second, Breakbeats! Title: I can't breakdance, but I can make other people.
The links:
Higher quality, larger file at:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2L4MMDRA
Lower quality, smaller file at:
http://rapidshare.co...atsMix.mp3.html

Hope you like 'em! If anyone wants the playlists I'll post them here too, but in the interest of space I'll leave them out for now.

Hope everyone has a great time at Acen this year and I'll see everyone in 2009!

-DJ Maru!

sounds good man its not gonna be the same without you there again this year. i hope all is well in the land of sushi and really really nice cars that i want to buy but can't.
Allen Castillo

#246 User is offline   Surge 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 12438

Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:42 AM

with chucky, no+chin, guhroovy and m-project in one room playing iidx songs my brain will attain critical mass

#247 User is offline   stomptoMYbeat 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2256

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:57 PM

View PostSurge, on Apr 29 2008, 08:42 AM, said:

with chucky, no+chin, guhroovy and m-project in one room playing iidx songs my brain will attain critical mass

I feel ya, man! But it's going to be downright amazing!
FIND ME AT ACEN: WEARING MY DEADMAU5 HEAD AGAIN!

#248 User is offline   J-Corephile 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 17046

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:55 PM

View PostSurge, on Apr 29 2008, 02:42 AM, said:

Your METALLIC MIND is gonna have a MENTAL MELTDOWN?

#249 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:23 PM

its good to see everyone excited for friday nite.
Allen Castillo

#250 Guest_Turbodaze_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:37 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Aug 20 2007, 11:39 AM, said:

yeah TaQ is another hot DJ/Producer i'd love to see. also DJ yojibiohemanika would be awesome. if anyone else knows of any other japanese DJ's that i don't know about please recommend them on here.

Yoji would be insane!

Thanks for bringing DJ SILVER and the happy hardcore acts to this con. It made me decided to go to ACen this time!

I'm driving from South Dakota

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users