Anime Central Forums: Soapbubble & Underground Groove 2008 - Anime Central Forums

• 12 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Soapbubble & Underground Groove 2008 WHOSE READY TO HAVE FUN

#151 User is offline   RiniJisatsu 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10030

Posted 18 March 2008 - 02:26 PM

I have spoken to Adrien-the event planner of Tokyo Decadance- & he would be interested in having a part of tokyo decadance come to ACEN
Posted Image
Posted Image
They are sending Bespa Kumamero & Aural Vampire to a con in Texas
If you would like to have this happen, & you are on the ACEN programming committee, just contact Adrien @ his myspace :: http://www.myspace.com/tokyodecadance
Please do this//If you know anything about dance parties & Japan--then you know about Tokyo Decadance!! They are crazy fun!!
Good Luck! <3

#152 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1441

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:13 PM

View PostRiniJisatsu, on Mar 18 2008, 03:26 PM, said:

I have spoken to Adrien-the event planner of Tokyo Decadance- & he would be interested in having a part of tokyo decadance come to ACEN
Posted Image
Posted Image
They are sending Bespa Kumamero & Aural Vampire to a con in Texas
If you would like to have this happen, & you are on the ACEN programming committee, just contact Adrien @ his myspace :: http://www.myspace.com/tokyodecadance
Please do this//If you know anything about dance parties & Japan--then you know about Tokyo Decadance!! They are crazy fun!!
Good Luck! <3

are they like a performance art group or something cuz i'm not sure exactly were we could fit them in or if we'd have the space for them at either of the parties.
Allen Castillo

#153 User is offline   RiniJisatsu 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10030

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:16 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Mar 18 2008, 05:13 PM, said:

are they like a performance art group or something cuz i'm not sure exactly were we could fit them in or if we'd have the space for them at either of the parties.

no o n- they are traveling group ---there are perfprmers, but also bands, djs etc....they send whoevers available, not everyone! XDXD Usually they send 1 or 2 music artists & maybe a performer that just mixes w/ the crowd! <3 XD

#154 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:36 PM

View PostRiniJisatsu, on Mar 18 2008, 11:16 PM, said:

no o n- they are traveling group ---there are perfprmers, but also bands, djs etc....they send whoevers available, not everyone! XDXD Usually they send 1 or 2 music artists & maybe a performer that just mixes w/ the crowd! <3 XD

well its a probably a little to late to even consider getting these guys to come out since most of our events are already fully booked with DJ's from here in chicago and japan as well. who knows maybe next year.
Allen Castillo

#155 User is offline   Xenn 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6280

Posted 19 March 2008 - 02:47 AM

I am excited for this year First Soap Bubble yeahh!!! Cant wait :D .
~Proud Sqwee of The Glomp Team~
~Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate~
~Dwelller of the Insanity Forums~

Facebook

#156 User is offline   yoru 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3923

Post icon  Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:39 PM

View PostXenn, on Mar 19 2008, 03:47 AM, said:

I am excited for this year First Soap Bubble yeahh!!! Cant wait :D .

Watashi mo!
that maean me too ^^ XD
YAY! i've been to acen three times and this will be my first soap bubble
Con's for '10: Acen, Youma
Apply to be a model for Khaotic Kouture

Exhibit hall Staffer 2009-2010
WOOT

Convicted Acen Junky

#157 User is offline   mydjsobad 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 17043

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:15 AM

http://www.hardcoresynergy.com

Check it out people!

#158 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:59 PM

View Postmydjsobad, on Mar 20 2008, 02:15 AM, said:

http://www.hardcoresynergy.com

Check it out people!

cool site i'll have it posted to the website. oh yeah were's that write up?
Allen Castillo

#159 User is offline   Bold&Delicious 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7151

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:58 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Mar 19 2008, 12:36 AM, said:

well its a probably a little to late to even consider getting these guys to come out since most of our events are already fully booked with DJ's from here in chicago and japan as well. who knows maybe next year.

Yeah, It's a shame that it's too late for this year. But OMG I would DIE if we could somehow contact aural vampire (band) to come for next year.
★★Looking for a panel badge. Lived in Japan. Fluent in Japanese. Useful for any language/culture aspects, translations, etc. Hip & trendy and quite svelte.★★

#160 User is offline   mini godzilla 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9959

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:00 PM

View PostBold&Delicious, on Mar 22 2008, 05:58 PM, said:

Yeah, It's a shame that it's too late for this year. But OMG I would DIE if we could somehow contact aural vampire (band) to come for next year.

IAWTC!!!!!
< 33
SELLING
Everything from posters, wall scrolls, games, manga, clothes, jrock magazines, etc for cheap
click HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#161 User is offline   chamere 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 12104

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:06 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Aug 16 2007, 06:38 PM, said:

i know its a little early to be talkin about soapbubble and underground groove, but i like to get things started early and i like the buzz to be out there for a good long time. so lets start things off by asking what you liked and disliked about this year.

also to any and all DJ's and wannabe DJ's i would like to see more of you at next years DJ comp. this years DJ comp was good but it definitely could've been better i know there are always tons of you out there that say "i can spin better then the DJ's that they have at acen" its about time you prove it. so when i call for demo's i wanna be flooded with CD's.

so lets open up the discussion and tell me what you really think.

Last year was fun, just bboying and having fun, it would be cool if the Dj's gave the name of the songs or like gave out cd's or something

think we can have a small dance for the bboys/bgirls and dancers in general
Guess what you just lost
Anyone like breakbeats, hit me up
If you want to learn how to dance let meknow

#162 User is offline   Horondo 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1941

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:28 AM

I am so pumped. The soapbubble is my favorite part of acen and hardcore synergy, judging by the lineup should be equally as bomb I cant even wait. I hope to see you all there.

#163 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:18 AM

View Postchamere, on Mar 25 2008, 10:06 AM, said:

Last year was fun, just bboying and having fun, it would be cool if the Dj's gave the name of the songs or like gave out cd's or something

think we can have a small dance for the bboys/bgirls and dancers in general

yes we have something for you guys at the car show in the dealers room the whole weekend. its the perfect place to break.
Allen Castillo

#164 User is offline   Rini 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 17020

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:22 AM

Im really excited, everyone i know is refusing to lemme miss it this year o.o
<(^_^)> Rewr :3

#165 User is offline   mydjsobad 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:49 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Mar 20 2008, 10:59 PM, said:

cool site i'll have it posted to the website. oh yeah were's that write up?

I e-mailed you on thursday (it took a few tries because my attachments were too large). I'm working tonight, but feel free to text me or whatever if you need something.

And just in case you guys DIDN'T check the website out. NO+CHIN is coming back this year to perform, he had a great time last year and said he really wanted to come back. Not to mention that enough of you had asked about him over the course of the past year, so he's been officially added to the lineup. We're still not entirely done with our announcements though, we have one (possibly 2) more surprises left for Friday night. Allen and I will let them slip out over the course of the month of April, so keep checking back.

#166 User is offline   Kazara 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 4599

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:49 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on Jan 31 2008, 05:19 PM, said:

If attendees behaved themselves and if we avoid having...4...5 responses by emergency services by the end of Thursday alone, hopefully we won't draw the Marshall's attention this year. :[

Amen.

Okay, I stopped reading to see if anyone else posted what I am about to because I a lazy, so I apologize if someone has.

Yeah the line was annoying but if we must have a line, do you think there is anyway they can still leave the doors open because it got really really funky smelling in there with the doors closed.

Also, to alleviate some of the dance dance mania, maybe the Friday night dance can be bigger somehow? Dunno about this one, but it seems like half the con shows up to the Soap Bubble.
'You should never hurt the feelings of a brutal killer. You know, that's, uh, that's actually some pretty good advice.'

Xander
Crush

#167 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:54 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Mar 25 2008, 11:18 AM, said:

yes we have something for you guys at the car show in the dealers room the whole weekend. its the perfect place to break.

Yeah the little bit I heard last year was pretty good. Gotta try and be there a little bit more this year. :o
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#168 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:03 PM

View Postmydjsobad, on Mar 25 2008, 02:49 PM, said:

I e-mailed you on thursday (it took a few tries because my attachments were too large). I'm working tonight, but feel free to text me or whatever if you need something.

And just in case you guys DIDN'T check the website out. NO+CHIN is coming back this year to perform, he had a great time last year and said he really wanted to come back. Not to mention that enough of you had asked about him over the course of the past year, so he's been officially added to the lineup. We're still not entirely done with our announcements though, we have one (possibly 2) more surprises left for Friday night. Allen and I will let them slip out over the course of the month of April, so keep checking back.

i did get the write up and i sent it to yasha so its not a problem. if you've gotta write up for NO+CHIN get it to me so i can update the list on here and the website as well.
Allen Castillo

#169 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:05 PM

View PostKazara, on Mar 25 2008, 06:49 PM, said:

Amen.

Okay, I stopped reading to see if anyone else posted what I am about to because I a lazy, so I apologize if someone has.

Yeah the line was annoying but if we must have a line, do you think there is anyway they can still leave the doors open because it got really really funky smelling in there with the doors closed.

Also, to alleviate some of the dance dance mania, maybe the Friday night dance can be bigger somehow? Dunno about this one, but it seems like half the con shows up to the Soap Bubble.

the friday nite party is bigger this year, but regardless whether or not its bigger more people usually show up saturday of con so the SoapBubble is almost definitley gonna attract more people.
Allen Castillo

#170 User is offline   Kazara 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 4599

Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:41 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Mar 26 2008, 01:05 AM, said:

the friday nite party is bigger this year, but regardless whether or not its bigger more people usually show up saturday of con so the SoapBubble is almost definitley gonna attract more people.

I gotta say you have been really responsive to this thread. So, cheers to you, I say!
'You should never hurt the feelings of a brutal killer. You know, that's, uh, that's actually some pretty good advice.'

Xander
Crush

#171 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:58 PM

View PostKazara, on Mar 26 2008, 06:41 PM, said:

I gotta say you have been really responsive to this thread. So, cheers to you, I say!

i try my best to answer any and all questions and to keep people informed of any new developments.
Allen Castillo

#172 User is offline   stomptoMYbeat 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2256

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:26 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Mar 25 2008, 04:18 PM, said:

Whenever I walked past there last year, I always enjoyed whatever was being spun - always made me want to break out into mad dance mode, which means it was excellent. You had some talented people up there. :] Can't wait to see what's in store for this year!

51 days away!
FIND ME AT ACEN: WEARING MY DEADMAU5 HEAD AGAIN!

#173 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:07 PM

View PoststomptoMYbeat, on Mar 26 2008, 08:26 PM, said:

Whenever I walked past there last year, I always enjoyed whatever was being spun - always made me want to break out into mad dance mode, which means it was excellent. You had some talented people up there. :] Can't wait to see what's in store for this year!

51 days away!

all the DJ's will be spinning the entire weekend at the car show so we will have a good mix of music the whole weekend something for everyone.
Allen Castillo

#174 User is offline   mydjsobad 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:21 PM

hey everyone, we started up a Frappr page for Friday night's HARDCORE SYNERGY party. The purpose of it is so we can show the Japanese DJs what kind of attendance there will be and where everyone is from. I'd really appreciate it if everyone who's planning to attend FRIDAY NIGHT would add themselves to the map so we can send it to them. Thanks a ton in advance :D

http://www.frappr.co...id=137440455442

#175 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:00 AM

View Postmydjsobad, on Mar 28 2008, 12:21 AM, said:

hey everyone, we started up a Frappr page for Friday night's HARDCORE SYNERGY party. The purpose of it is so we can show the Japanese DJs what kind of attendance there will be and where everyone is from. I'd really appreciate it if everyone who's planning to attend FRIDAY NIGHT would add themselves to the map so we can send it to them. Thanks a ton in advance :D

http://www.frappr.co...id=137440455442

i posted on the frappr. i suggest everyone do the same.
Allen Castillo

#176 User is offline   Nameloc 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 7110

Post icon  Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:18 AM

wow, i didn't know people came from so far to go to acen. kudos.

#177 User is offline   Kozi 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 10798

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:25 PM

We got in line EARLY last year, like two hours before it started from what I remember, and were lucky enough to get in in the first batch.

I also do remember there being lots of water available, and I don't believe it ran out, at least not around 3-4AM, we were still there at that point and there was still water.
Kozinu.com . I X I . Myspace . I X I . Personal Site . I X I . Cosplay.com

On AIM. (AIM=Kozinu)

Cosplaying:
Gothy...? No actual cosplay, sorries. Too poor/time restricted this year. (Just got my own place. x-x)

Acen 2007 Photos
Acen 2008 Photos

Claimed by: No one, I r teh singul0r.

=^.^= Part of the Neko Community =^.^=
Yes, I will have jingly black/red kitty ears on for most of the con!

#178 User is offline   Damica Racall 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 13906

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:28 PM

View PostKozi, on Mar 28 2008, 05:25 PM, said:

We got in line EARLY last year, like two hours before it started from what I remember, and were lucky enough to get in in the first batch.

I also do remember there being lots of water available, and I don't believe it ran out, at least not around 3-4AM, we were still there at that point and there was still water.

I getting there early with you again this year. @.@ I want to see this "rave" ;p
Cosplays for 2011:
Planned:
Baiken - Guilty Gear(maybe)
Jessica - Umineko
Luka "Magnet" - Vocaloid

#179 User is offline   firegirl26 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6771

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:15 PM

i think i might go to this thing
For acen 2012 will be cosplaying STEAMPUNK
AUTHOR of ACEN TRUE STORY(that no one reads)

REXANO
Responsible Exotic Animal Ownership

#180 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:38 AM

View Postfiregirl26, on Mar 30 2008, 01:15 PM, said:

i think i might go to this thing

you should its a good time.
Allen Castillo