• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Acen Car Show 2008 GET READY FOR IT

#61 User is offline   varietta 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 16188

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

I didn't know there is a CAR show at ACEN? Haha Ok, I am looking forward to ACEN now!!

I'm going to be in the artist alley this year, but man, I regret to say I've sold my AE86 which I've had for many years. Or else I would've driven it from Canada just for the con :) I'll definitely keep this in mind for future if I do pick up the car scene again. Great to know there is going to be another AE86 representing at the show though. I'd definitely like to chat up with the owner to see what he/she has done to the car.

The car in all it's glory. a little beat up yes, but i do track my car :P that thing was a handling beast. http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-...226691_7449.jpg

Are the owners of the cars going to be @ the show as well? That BNR34 looks sick. No idea how you got that street legal :P I've only see street legal R32's in Canada but I'm a bit behind on my car scene. ^^

#62 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:57 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Jan 31 2008, 12:49 AM, said:

here's a pic of the Skyline thats comin to the car show

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/jdm...er/DSC_0048.jpg

fjdsuifhiugflghu4u4th4378yt

It makes me sad that I will more than likely either a: be unavailable to see the car show or b: probably forget about it all together at the con. ;-;
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#63 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1441

Posted 31 January 2008 - 07:56 PM

View Postvarietta, on Jan 31 2008, 05:46 PM, said:

I didn't know there is a CAR show at ACEN? Haha Ok, I am looking forward to ACEN now!!

I'm going to be in the artist alley this year, but man, I regret to say I've sold my AE86 which I've had for many years. Or else I would've driven it from Canada just for the con :) I'll definitely keep this in mind for future if I do pick up the car scene again. Great to know there is going to be another AE86 representing at the show though. I'd definitely like to chat up with the owner to see what he/she has done to the car.

The car in all it's glory. a little beat up yes, but i do track my car :P that thing was a handling beast. http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-...226691_7449.jpg

Are the owners of the cars going to be @ the show as well? That BNR34 looks sick. No idea how you got that street legal :P I've only see street legal R32's in Canada but I'm a bit behind on my car scene. ^^

the owner of the 86 is a very good friend of mine and super cool and is always willing to talk to anyone about the car. this will be our 2nd car show this year it will be jam packed with some sick rides. last years show was not to bad but this year is gonna be all about quality japanese sports cars. as for the skyline we have a lot of legal loop holes here in chicago that would allow someone to own a JDM car. swing by the car show all of the owners will be there as will i and we will be able to answer any and all questions.

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on Jan 31 2008, 05:57 PM, said:

fjdsuifhiugflghu4u4th4378yt

It makes me sad that I will more than likely either a: be unavailable to see the car show or b: probably forget about it all together at the con. ;-;

well you can always swing by on thursday when all the cars are gonna be coming in for set up in the dealers hall.
Allen Castillo

#64 User is offline   varietta 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 16188

Posted 31 January 2008 - 08:02 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Jan 31 2008, 08:56 PM, said:

the owner of the 86 is a very good friend of mine and super cool and is always willing to talk to anyone about the car. this will be our 2nd car show this year it will be jam packed with some sick rides. last years show was not to bad but this year is gonna be all about quality japanese sports cars. as for the skyline we have a lot of legal loop holes here in chicago that would allow someone to own a JDM car. swing by the car show all of the owners will be there as will i and we will be able to answer any and all questions.

well you can always swing by on thursday when all the cars are gonna be coming in for set up in the dealers hall.

Awesome, I'll try to find u guys at the show when I have the time to spare from the artist alley :D Don't mind if I camera whore a bit :P

#65 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 January 2008 - 09:12 PM

View Postvarietta, on Jan 31 2008, 08:02 PM, said:

Awesome, I'll try to find u guys at the show when I have the time to spare from the artist alley :D Don't mind if I camera whore a bit :P

you won't be able to miss us we'll be just on the other side of artist alley. i'll be either by the DJ booth or by my Supra its black with a big crazy Blitz wing and we love pictures its not a problem.
Allen Castillo

#66 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 February 2008 - 11:16 AM

NEW CAR JUST ADDED.*

Cars that will be in the Show this year:

1995 Toyota Supra NA Hardtop
1990 240SX (Sil-80 Conversion SR20DET Redtop)
1992 Acura NSX (02 NSX front end Conversion)
1992 240SX Coupe (S13 Silvia Conversion SR20DET Blacktop)
1991 Toyota Supra NA (ACEN Edition)
1986 Toyota Corolla GTS (Trueno Conversion Initial D Style)
1989 Mazda RX7 Turbo II (Initial D Style)
2000 Nissan Skyline GTR (R34)
*1997 Toyota Supra Single Turbo Targa/Wingless*

Allen Castillo

#67 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:29 AM

*jawdrop*

That Skyline is beyond sweet.... *drool* I'm jealous.... my ex-boyfriend would be so jealous if he saw that car (he always wanted a Skyline but couldn't afford the money and loopholes it would have taken).

Will you have drool buckets handy at the show? I think you might need them ;)
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#68 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:25 AM

View PostKnitChick, on Feb 3 2008, 02:29 AM, said:

*jawdrop*

That Skyline is beyond sweet.... *drool* I'm jealous.... my ex-boyfriend would be so jealous if he saw that car (he always wanted a Skyline but couldn't afford the money and loopholes it would have taken).

Will you have drool buckets handy at the show? I think you might need them ;)

no i'm sorry you will have to provide your own drool buckets or your own towels to wipe up said drool.

the loopholes here in IL are what make owning a Skyline possible its the money and finding one that makes it hard for most to get one.
Allen Castillo

#69 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:40 PM

Hey Allen....

Since you guys are having all the car related panels in the car show area.... Can you guys make up a panel of... How to get "insert car name" (like a Skyline) from Japan, and how to bypass the loophole and such???
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#70 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2008 - 12:50 AM

View PostSoulcrash, on Feb 3 2008, 01:40 PM, said:

Hey Allen....

Since you guys are having all the car related panels in the car show area.... Can you guys make up a panel of... How to get "insert car name" (like a Skyline) from Japan, and how to bypass the loophole and such???

well if you really wanna know i'll tell you. most JDM cars that are in the states today arrive from the southern states like Florida, Louisiana, and Mississippi. down there its very easy to get JDM vehicles imported and registered. once they are registared and have a title for one of those particular states you can purchase one and bring back to Illinois and have it registered here. Illinois will allow you to register "GREY MARKET/JDM" car as long as it has been titled already in another state.

in a nutshell thats how you do it. if you want me to go into further detail give me a ring.

also buying JDM/GREY MARKET CARS from these states is pretty affordable as well. i've seen Skyline GTR R32's goin for like $15,000.00 and most are in really mint shape as well. i'd say the common JDM cars coming out of the south right now are Skylines R32 R33 R34, S15 Silvia's, and MK4 Supra's, but mostly Skylines.

i myself am looking at getting a Skyline next year. if all goes well i should have one i'm looking to get a white R33 GTR.
Allen Castillo

#71 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2008 - 08:20 PM

whats up everyone we've got about 4 months till the show just a little bit of info for everyone.

i'm still taking applications for cars i've got 9 spots left so if you wanna be considered please get those pics to me asap. cuz their might not be any spots available at the time of the show. GET THOSE PICS IN.

cars need to be in the convention center thurday may 15th 2008 no cars will be let in after that date. i'm projecting setup time to be from 1pm to ???. cars will have to have 1/4 of a tank of gas or less this is very important if you don't your car will not be allowed in the convention center until it is.

if for some reason cars don't show up and you would like to be in the show bring your car there on thursday and i will decide if your car can be in the show.
Allen Castillo

#72 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:39 PM

NEW CAR JUST ADDED.*

1997 Toyota Supra Single Turbo Targa/Wingless
*2005 Scion xB (Domo-kun edition :lol: )*

Allen Castillo

#73 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2008 - 07:26 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Feb 12 2008, 09:39 PM, said:

NEW CAR JUST ADDED.*
*2005 Scion xB (Domo-kun edition :lol: )*

................WHAT THE???? Who's xB is that???? Do I want to know???

#74 User is offline   Spike.760 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9522

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:53 AM

Oh crap. Skyline R34. <33
Tainted World
My Japanese Rock Community.

MySpace | Last.FM | Band's MySpace

#75 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:10 PM

View PostSoulcrash, on Feb 13 2008, 07:26 AM, said:

................WHAT THE???? Who's xB is that???? Do I want to know???

its a con goer that contacted me you may or may not them i'm not sure, but the car is clean and he's doin more stuff to it by con so its all good. plus its something a little different.

View PostSpike.760, on Feb 13 2008, 09:53 AM, said:

Oh crap. Skyline R34. <33

OH CRAP indeed.
Allen Castillo

#76 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:14 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Feb 13 2008, 12:10 PM, said:

its a con goer that contacted me you may or may not them i'm not sure, but the car is clean and he's doin more stuff to it by con so its all good. plus its something a little different.

Even though I'm an (un)official member of Scion Evolution: Chicago... I don't know who owns a Domo-Kun Scion xB.... Since you saw the pics and such... Is it Brown with Domo-Kun on it, and with 20" Black rims? Cause if it does, That is instant win!!!

Also... If you want another Scion car to be in the show, just let me know and I'll post it up on their forums since people are starting to know me and the "work" I do for them...

#77 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:06 PM

View PostSoulcrash, on Feb 13 2008, 09:14 PM, said:

Even though I'm an (un)official member of Scion Evolution: Chicago... I don't know who owns a Domo-Kun Scion xB.... Since you saw the pics and such... Is it Brown with Domo-Kun on it, and with 20" Black rims? Cause if it does, That is instant win!!!

Also... If you want another Scion car to be in the show, just let me know and I'll post it up on their forums since people are starting to know me and the "work" I do for them...

if there are any of them that would be interested in doing the show yeah find out. i don't mind havin more some scion's especially ones that are done VIP wagon style (xB's xA's only no TC's).
Allen Castillo

#78 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:09 PM

NEW CAR JUST ADDED.*

2005 Scion xB (Domo-kun edition :lol: )
*1995 Honda Civic Hatch (K20 Swap) TopSetup Shop Car as seen in American Touge 1*

Allen Castillo

#79 User is offline   SinosukeSatarume 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9449

Posted 03 March 2008 - 01:54 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Feb 13 2008, 10:09 PM, said:

NEW CAR JUST ADDED.*

1995 Toyota Supra NA-T Hardtop
*1995 Honda Civic Hatch (K20 Swap) TopSetup Shop Car as seen in American Touge 1*

To look at the most recent pic of my mustang go to www.myspace.com/zodd_the_immortal

It's grey(plan on repainting it either Blue or Silver) with a stock Inline 6 cyl. engine. Some rust, but that will be sanded and filled properly when I repaint. It's really loud since it has dual cherry bomb glasspacks and now has American Racing 17(If I remeber correctly) inch rims with Cooper Cobra racing tires. Interior isn't the best but I will be repaint the inside. I have brand new black mustang special carpet. You were saying that it had to be show quality, well it's not 100% though it looks nice and hopefully by ACen I *WILL* have the outside show quality.
Possible Cosplay for 2013:
-Wrex - Mass Effect
Planned Cosplay for 2013:
-Salvador - Borderlands 2
Returning Cosplay:
-Mobile Suit Mechanic - Mobile Suit Gundam
Future/Ongoing construction Cosplay
-Zaku II - Mobile Suit Gundam

#80 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2008 - 08:59 PM

View PostSinosukeSatarume, on Mar 3 2008, 01:54 AM, said:

To look at the most recent pic of my mustang go to www.myspace.com/zodd_the_immortal

It's grey(plan on repainting it either Blue or Silver) with a stock Inline 6 cyl. engine. Some rust, but that will be sanded and filled properly when I repaint. It's really loud since it has dual cherry bomb glasspacks and now has American Racing 17(If I remeber correctly) inch rims with Cooper Cobra racing tires. Interior isn't the best but I will be repaint the inside. I have brand new black mustang special carpet. You were saying that it had to be show quality, well it's not 100% though it looks nice and hopefully by ACen I *WILL* have the outside show quality.

i checked out your car its not bad but not exactly what i'm looking for, thanks any way.
Allen Castillo

#81 User is offline   firegirl26 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6771

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:10 PM

CAN'T WAIT TOO SEE THESE CARS
For acen 2012 will be cosplaying STEAMPUNK
AUTHOR of ACEN TRUE STORY(that no one reads)

REXANO
Responsible Exotic Animal Ownership

#82 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:57 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Jan 31 2008, 07:56 PM, said:

:o!

You are a genius Allen. I never even thought about doing that. XD
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#83 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:54 PM

View PostAlkaren Hyralt, on Mar 8 2008, 03:57 PM, said:

:o!

You are a genius Allen. I never even thought about doing that. XD

i'm no genius i've just got a good suggestion.
Allen Castillo

#84 User is offline   Mazarin 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10281

Posted 16 March 2008 - 09:11 PM

That list is horrifyingly short on Mitsus! You wanna use my 88 Starion again this year? It won @ HIN last August :P

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t142/mo...N%20Nightshift/

#85 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:41 PM

View PostMazarin, on Mar 16 2008, 10:11 PM, said:

That list is horrifyingly short on Mitsus! You wanna use my 88 Starion again this year? It won @ HIN last August :P

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t142/mo...N%20Nightshift/

of course maz. you know i love the starquest and its always welcome.
Allen Castillo

#86 User is offline   Mazarin 

• Pip

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:08 PM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Mar 16 2008, 11:41 PM, said:

of course maz. you know i love the starquest and its always welcome.

Sweet, count me in.

#87 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:37 AM

View PostMazarin, on Mar 17 2008, 12:08 AM, said:

Sweet, count me in.

what year is your car?
Allen Castillo

#88 User is offline   Mazarin 

• Pip

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:19 AM

View Postsaiyajinimport, on Mar 17 2008, 11:37 AM, said:

what year is your car?

#89 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:03 PM

View PostMazarin, on Mar 17 2008, 12:19 PM, said:

cool i'll add your car to the list.
Allen Castillo

#90 User is offline   saiyajinimport 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:32 PM

NEW CAR JUST ADDED.*

1995 Honda Civic Hatch (K20 Swap) TopSetup Shop Car as seen in American Touge 1
*1988 Mitsubishi Starion*

Allen Castillo

• 6 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users