Anime Central Forums: 60gb Ps3 "no Longer In Production" - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

60gb Ps3 "no Longer In Production" What The Heck Sony!?

#1 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Post icon  Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:06 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this is just a rumor or a error but...

This is the entire article from www.gamespot.com today....

Hirai: 60GB PS3 'no longer in production'
SCEI CEO tells Norwegian television that Sony won't have a two-price strategy in the US market, SCEA says $499 model will be available "for months."

SANTA MONICA, Calif.--Today, the E3 Media & Business Summit wound down in Santa Monica, with at least one exhibitor having already packed up and left the show floor at Barker Hangar. However, this morning saw the biggest controversy of the show heat up, with a maelstrom of confusion surrounding the $499 price drop of the 60GB PS3, which was just announced Monday.

Last night, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe CEO David Reeves told GameSpot that the discounting was merely a markdown of a model which had been discontinued. Just hours later, his statements appeared to be contradicted by a senior Sony Computer Entertainment America spokesperson, who said that quotes from Reeves in the press were "not accurate."

"As announced this week, SCEA's product offering in North America consists of an 80GB PS3 available in August at $599 and a 60GB PS3 available now for $499," SCEA senior director of corporate communications Dave Karraker told GameSpot. "We have will have ample supplies of both models to meet the needs of our consumers for the foreseeable future."

At almost the same time, a television interview with the global head of Sony Computer Entertainment settled the matter once and for all. Speaking to Norwegian game-news outlet VGTV, SCEI president and group CEO Kaz Hirai said in no uncertain terms that the 60GB PS3's days are numbered.

"From a hardware perspective, the $499 price adjustment we did for the 60GB version for the American market, we're no longer in production for that product," he said in an unedited on-camera interview. "Once that product is gone from the retailer shelves, then we're back to a $599 SKU only, so it's not like we have a two-price strategy in the US market. We found out very early on how consumers react to having just one SKU as opposed to two."

SCEA has subsequently confirmed the phase out, but emphasized that it would be gradual. "The 60GB PS3 will be available in North America for $499 until supplies of that unit are depleted," Karraker told GameSpot in a follow-up interview. "We have ample inventory to meet the immediate needs of consumers in this territory for several months to come."

Karraker also responded to criticism that loudly promoting the new $499 price point while quietly discontinuing its production amounted to a bait and switch. "This is absolutely not a bait and switch," he said. "We are offering a full featured PS3 for $100 lower than the original price and will do so for months to come, allowing consumers the opportunity to acquire this model at this adjusted price."

If this is the case let me talk to Sony's marketing department and ask what the hell are they thinking. Oh man I hope this is not true. What do you guys think about this?
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#2 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:28 AM

Its not a rumor, its been confirmed by sony execs. I'm just too lazy to pull the links now.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#3 User is offline   MetalGravy 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 1562

Post icon  Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:47 AM

Just who the hell thought that this is a good idea? If people aren't willing to pay $600 for a 60GB PS3, what makes them think that another 20 GB of disk space is going to change their mind?!? Why not just get the cheap one and change the harddrive yourself? Laptop hard drives can't be that expensive. Hey Sony, if you think you can get away with releasing multiple versions of the PS3, how about a faster Blue Ray drive so it doesn't a 1 1/2 minutes to load a track for MotorStorm!?! At least at $500 they were more competitive with MS.

Case in point:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16822136071

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id...gsortfilter.jsp
I am a vampire! I am a zombie! I AM A VAMBIE!!! I CANNOT BE STOPPED!

-Deadite Morbius, Marvel Zombies 3.4.

Pirates>ninja's Faile and her Vagrants are nothing!!!!! YARRRRR!

#4 User is offline   JNOtaku 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 913

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:01 PM

What is Sony going to do about the 20 GB systems? Those were priced at $499 when the PS3 was first released, and there is no mention of those systems in the article.

JNOtaku
"Why don't you all fade away
And don't try to dig what we all say
I'm not trying to cause a big sensation
I'm just talkin' 'bout my generation" (The Who)
The Otaku Generation: Predicted 30 years earlier! Fight OTAKING!

A soldier of the Glomp Team! Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate, and the ACEN Yakuza! :D My Webpage! My Myspace! My MAL profile!
Forum Daimyo as of 7/21/2005!!! :) Forum Elite (1337) as of 7/19/2006! :D :D :D

#5 User is offline   KungFuHustle 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 4673

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:54 PM

20 gig was discontiuned and the 60 will soon be also, sony is dumb and arrogant

#6 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:11 PM

Essentially this is a sale price, not a price drop. The problem isnt that there are 2, the problem is that one is 600 dollars. So when they sell out all of the 499 model (say around holiday time), you only have the 600 model again. The execs managed to screw up what was supposed to be a bit of positive news. If not for the MS warranty extension, this would been a much bigger disaster.

Just when you thought sony was dong something good they come and demolish all hopes of their survival. Do they enjoy diggin their own grave?

And I was so close to getting a PS3. But its still unaffordable. I will just have to go ahead with a 360. Once they get all their bugs worked out. And I still have my wii and my ps2. ::sigh:: what happened to sony. I guess Gordon Gecko in the movie "Wall Street" was right. Greed or lack thereof is good.

If the XBOX 360 does one on its own by doing a price drop for the holdiay season alongside Halo 3, Mass Effect and the other load of games thats coming out this year, then you can probably stick a fork in sony and consider them done.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#7 User is offline   psyco_chick32 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 1735

Posted 14 July 2007 - 09:32 PM

View Postexcel excel, on Jul 14 2007, 10:11 PM, said:

Essentially this is a sale price, not a price drop. The problem isnt that there are 2, the problem is that one is 600 dollars. So when they sell out all of the 499 model (say around holiday time), you only have the 600 model again. The execs managed to screw up what was supposed to be a bit of positive news. If not for the MS warranty extension, this would been a much bigger disaster.

You hit it on the head... but not with the "positive news" thing... the holidays thing. They really screwed themselves over by not guaranteeing that the 499 model will last through Christmas...
they'd make loads, but if there's only the 599 model on shelves, people are going to continue to think twice about the product. Not only that, but with such an expensive system, I've heard a lot of story are kind of thinking twice about even worrying about stocking them... why? Because they're so expensive, and stores don't make more than $5 off the system sale itself. That's why stores like Best Buy do the "PRP, Controllers, Games, ETC" hawking when a PS3 is picked up...
Sales of the system are so expensive a lot of people are going "Oh, I'll wait until my next paycheck to get a game/second controller/blu-ray movie" and it's bringing down their average sale price... which looks bad to stockholders.

#8 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:34 AM

The 80 GB PS3 will not have a emotion engine chip which means no backwards combatability for some PS1-PS2 games. :angry:

And if you think we got ripped off here in the US, the UK will not get the discontinued price cut from the current 425/599 euro price (approx $850. Aussies are getting a similar deal--there will be no price drop from the current price of A$999. :o :o Another blow was dealt to European and Aussie gamers with the news that the souped-up 80GB version would also not be coming to the regions.

Just when you think we got it bad, there's someone else out there that has it way worse than we do. Thanks SONY. I hope the Wii and the 360 will deliver you an extra dose of instant karma.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#9 User is offline   psyco_chick32 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:59 AM

View Postexcel excel, on Jul 15 2007, 09:34 AM, said:

The 80 GB PS2 will not have a emotion engine chip which means no backwards compatibility for PS1-PS2 games. :angry:

WAITwaitwaitwaitwait.
WHAT?!

I...
Just..
Wait..
WHAT!?

Dost thou have a location of this horrifying news!?

Edit: You DO mean PS3, ne?

#10 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:17 AM

View Postpsyco_chick32, on Jul 15 2007, 09:59 AM, said:

WAITwaitwaitwaitwait.
WHAT?!

I...
Just..
Wait..
WHAT!?

Dost thou have a location of this horrifying news!?

Edit: You DO mean PS3, ne?

Yes. Big TYPO XD lol. Its the 80 GB ps3 Here is all the information on different sites.....

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/09/80gb-ps3...-compatibility/

http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/10/80gb-ps...-compatibility/

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/sony/80gb-plays...ames-276391.php
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#11 User is offline   JNOtaku 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2007 - 07:41 PM

So, do you think that Sony will come out with a 120 GB Playstation 3 six months later for $599? Increasing the hard drive size is one way to avoid price cuts, but with 1 TB hard drives being less than the cost of a Playstation 3, what's the point?

JNOtaku

A soldier of the Glomp Team! Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate, and the ACEN Yakuza! :D My Webpage! My Myspace! My MAL profile!

#12 User is offline   psyco_chick32 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:29 PM

View Postexcel excel, on Jul 15 2007, 11:17 AM, said:

Okay...
So they're not COMPLETELY non-BC... just very limited. From what I read... it's like the 360 style? Emulation as compared to the actual hardware?
That first site says that it will be like the current European models... I didn't know they had that? Is anybody here from Europe? If so, can you confirm/deny?

*headdesk*
Sony stopped shooting themselves in the foot ages ago.
Now they're shooting themselves in the stomach.

#13 User is offline   Lee vs Gaara 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9411

Posted 17 July 2007 - 08:24 AM

The 80GB are probably selling more. They want to make more money, discontinue the ones that make them less money and sell less.

Nobody should really complain, I mean, I know many of you have bought a playstation 3 or plan to one day, and as long as you keep buying from them, they will keep on doing things like this.

Of course, as somebody who avoids anything sony, I have every right to bitch and moan, because I'm trying to help those greedy bastards go under!
Jesus died for our sins. And we repay him by Gaybashing, woman hating, and doing everything we can to hold back scientific progress.
www.myspace.com/half_fish

#14 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:41 AM

I've hated Sony, for a bit now, but seriously, this is a true fools move. At first, I thought sony could get no dumber, but now, i'm proved wrong. They kill backwards compatibility...that right there is the biggest fault. Sony was the one to stay consistant with it, but to now axe it? Hmmmmmm. No wonder so many exclusives are jumping ship.....
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#15 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2007 - 02:40 PM

According to Bloomberg last friday, its rumored that the 360 will have a price drop in the holiday season and just in time for the new games. They arent saying anything about it because they are waiting for what sony will do. If that is the case Sony is done for. I will be getting my 360 then. My boss at work already did. Plus they have a better game lineup and more online games.

No wonder Ken Kutaragi stepped down. He saw this coming.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#16 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 17 July 2007 - 02:48 PM

He stepped down?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That is a sign of defeat.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#17 User is offline   june.h 

• Merchandise Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 387

Posted 17 July 2007 - 05:00 PM

I think he was actually "forced down."

#18 User is offline   JNOtaku 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:54 AM

It seems like he stepped down about a month ago. The link is right here.

JNOtaku

#19 Guest_Dirk_Stabben_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:29 PM

Does anyone else find it amusing that in the past 6 years, Microsoft has been trying to make computers disguised as consoles, while Sony has been making consoles disguised as "computer systems"?

#20 User is offline   BigBoss 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 2255

Posted 22 July 2007 - 10:05 PM

To Sony's credit, the PS3 has had way WAY WAAAY fewer defects than the 1st gen PS2.... and the 2nd gen PS2... and pretty much every PS2, until the slimline SCPH-70000, which actually has a BIOS error that causes some games to freeze when writing to the memory card.

But, like, every one of the first sets of PS2 wound up being unplayable after a few months. Honestly, how many people do you know who still have a working SCPH-3000x model PS2, that didn't replace the optics of motor? All of my friends were early-adopters (except me, who opted for a Saturn) and only 1 of them still has a working 1st generation North Americand PS2.

I was expecting PS3s to be breaking down left and right, because of Sony's mixed product quality, but ironically it has been Xbox 360 that has been having the most widespread issues. PS3 defects and problems have been sporadic, and within reasonably accepted figures.

Nice job, Sony! Now, hurry up with more games!! Specs and accessories don't sell consoles, it's the software!

Hey, don't feel too bad that the prices of the consumer units are so high, with little sign or relief... PS3 devkits cost as much as a luxury sedan, and licensing fees are astronomical. I can get 10 fully-loaded Wii or 360 kits for the price of one PS3 devkit and a lower-end 3rd party development suite. :angry:
Hey, don't be scared by my appearance... I'm a friendly monster. Please feel free to chat me up!
-Peter Staack

#21 Guest_Dirk_Stabben_*

• Member No.:

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:59 PM

View PostBigBoss, on Jul 22 2007, 11:05 PM, said:

But, like, every one of the first sets of PS2 wound up being unplayable after a few months. Honestly, how many people do you know who still have a working SCPH-3000x model PS2, that didn't replace the optics of motor?

I do. Her name is Freya, and she's modded with a Swap Magic flip-top. :3

#22 User is offline   june.h 

• Merchandise Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:33 PM

To Sony's credit, the PS3 has had way WAY WAAAY fewer defects than the 1st gen PS2.... and the 2nd gen PS2... and pretty much every PS2, until the slimline SCPH-70000, which actually has a BIOS error that causes some games to freeze when writing to the memory card.

But, like, every one of the first sets of PS2 wound up being unplayable after a few months. Honestly, how many people do you know who still have a working SCPH-3000x model PS2, that didn't replace the optics of motor? All of my friends were early-adopters (except me, who opted for a Saturn) and only 1 of them still has a working 1st generation North Americand PS2.

I was expecting PS3s to be breaking down left and right, because of Sony's mixed product quality, but ironically it has been Xbox 360 that has been having the most widespread issues. PS3 defects and problems have been sporadic, and within reasonably accepted figures.

Nice job, Sony! Now, hurry up with more games!! Specs and accessories don't sell consoles, it's the software!

Hey, don't feel too bad that the prices of the consumer units are so high, with little sign or relief... PS3 devkits cost as much as a luxury sedan, and licensing fees are astronomical. I can get 10 fully-loaded Wii or 360 kits for the price of one PS3 devkit and a lower-end 3rd party development suite. :angry:

Not really. First gen PS1 and PS2's both have suffered a fair amount of issues. For starters, both had overheating problems (PS-X SCPH-1000 moreso than PS2, fixed on the U.S. release of PS-X SCPH-1001).
-PS-X SCPH-100x series used a plastic laser sled which deteriorated faster than 550x and later.
-Certain initial batches of Japanese Sony 8MB memory cards suffered a storage issue in which data would corrupt after a certain amount of time.
-DVD drivers on initial batches of PS2's enabled region-free play on some discs.
-Lasers or systems tended to burn out much faster on first and second gen PS2's (particular moreso with the 1000x and 15000x models, although I've seen 3000x burn out pretty darn fast too).
-Games tended to crash for no reason, although rare and on earlier games.

It's not to say there aren't people out there with very well working 1000x models.

Now when people are looking at 360, I honestly don't see why people are like "OMG 360 IS RIDDLED WITH PROBLEMS." So far, the one REAL issue that I've seen is the red circle failure, which is much more widespread in terms of how many consoles have that one problem and failure rate, but not so much the system itself having more than one issue. Heck, X-Box issued a recall on faulty power cables, and suddenly the system has issues?

Granted, since I don't own a 360 myself, there may be a few other issues I'm missing, but what other system doesn't have problems? Don't condemn a system because of it's faults.

#23 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:23 PM

Tell me about it!

I got a PS2 the Christmas it came out (I got really really lucky, my dad and my uncle managed to pounce and get PS2s for my cousin and I). It lasted less than a year. I'm STILL completely P.O.ed that I never got to finish Kingdom Hearts :angry:

By contrast, I got a refurbished GameCube about six months after I got the PS2, worked great until I packed it away after getting the Wii (I'm sure it's still got a lot of life in it). I still have an original GameBoy (as in the b&w one), it still works and powers on, it's just missing about half the screen. Still got my refurbished GBA, and my refurbished DS. Actually other than my original NES and Wii all my Nintendo hardware's been used and holds up BETTER than Sony garbage. I think that says something about Playstation quality.

Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that I *love* Kingdom Hearts to death and still want to finish it I would never want another piece of Sony garbage. As it is...I really have yet to talk myself into paying nearly $200 for a refurbished PS2 and another copy of KH. Not when I still don't trust that the PS2 will last long enough for me to finish the game (I'm slow when it comes to these games).

Ah well maybe by the time I get to the end of the Wii RPG games I already have (LoZ:TP, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Sonic & the Secret Rings, HP:OOtP), Sony will have gotten a visit from the Quality Control Gods :D One can hope!
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#24 Guest_Dirk_Stabben_*

• Member No.:

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:46 PM

View PostKnitChick, on Jul 25 2007, 11:23 PM, said:

Tell me about it!

I got a PS2 the Christmas it came out (I got really really lucky, my dad and my uncle managed to pounce and get PS2s for my cousin and I). It lasted less than a year. I'm STILL completely P.O.ed that I never got to finish Kingdom Hearts :angry:

You didn't happen to use it as a DVD player, by chance? Since that'll kill a huge-line PS2 nice and early...

#25 User is offline   june.h 

• Merchandise Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:35 AM

View PostDirk_Stabben, on Jul 25 2007, 11:46 PM, said:

You didn't happen to use it as a DVD player, by chance? Since that'll kill a huge-line PS2 nice and early...

That's the reason I refuse to use a PS3 as a Blu-Ray movie player. Problem is, the alternative (a standalone player) isn't really a great option yet.

#26 Guest_Dirk_Stabben_*

• Member No.:

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:59 AM

View PostBakaOrochi, on Jul 26 2007, 01:35 AM, said:

That's the reason I refuse to use a PS3 as a Blu-Ray movie player. Problem is, the alternative (a standalone player) isn't really a great option yet.

Call me 'retro', but I honestly don't see the need for hi-def movies. o_O Those who buy into it will just buy into the next big thing when there's OMG, ANOTHER FEW HUNDRED PIXELS WIDE/TALL, MUST BUY NAO! ...Vicious cycle.

#27 User is offline   BigBoss 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 2255

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:18 PM

BakaOrochi said:

Don't condemn a system because of it's faults.

I'd say it's gonna be a bit of a give-and-take game. Widespread issues, particularly those not easily remedied or that manifest well past any warranty period, have to have some kind of effect in the minds of consumers. I'm guessing the overall popularity of the console (which I usually credit to its software library) will affect how much of an impact widespread defects will make in long-term impressions.

I guess, for instance, I'd probably be willing to go through three... maybe four irreparable PS2 consoles before I would call it quits, and sell all my games. After the first two years, PS2 had enough "I gotta have" games to entice me to do so. Luckily, it hasn't come to that... :D I think I could also tolerate one dead 360 and Saturn, two Wiis or PCEngines, four or five PSX/Ones or Dreamcast ("Dreamcasts?"), six or seven toasted SNESes or MegaDrives, and a whole dozen bum NESes - based on their respective libraries at the time I considered their purchase.

On the flipside, just one bricked Jaguar, Neo Geo, N64, 2600, or SegaCD would be enough cause for me to call it quits for that console, in its prime.

As is, lack of games is the biggest factor holding me back from investing in a PS3 console... but I think even unsubstantiated-but-plausible rumblings of a widespread PS3 defect, at this time, would totally scare me off from taking the plunge for several more months extra. I can't imagine I'm alone in this sentiment.
Hey, don't be scared by my appearance... I'm a friendly monster. Please feel free to chat me up!
-Peter Staack

#28 User is offline   june.h 

• Merchandise Staff
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:49 PM

View PostDirk_Stabben, on Jul 26 2007, 11:59 AM, said:

Call me 'retro', but I honestly don't see the need for hi-def movies. o_O Those who buy into it will just buy into the next big thing when there's OMG, ANOTHER FEW HUNDRED PIXELS WIDE/TALL, MUST BUY NAO! ...Vicious cycle.

Honestly, there isn't. It's more for the tech-heads and guys that love their toys. However, there's a lot of companies that really do believe that it's time to phase out DVD's and move on to HD-DVD or Blu-Ray due to the logic of VHS progression, which is really silly. In a few more years, I can see the general public starting to think about replacing their DVD players and possibly considering a hi-def player, but not that soon, and that's what's so silly IMO about pushing the Blu-Ray so badly for Sony.

I also wouldn't get into this argument with someone who's all for it, they'll try to convince you OMG 1080i MAKES SUCCCCHHH A DIFFERENCE, YOU'LL NEVER EVAR GO BACK!!! Sorts of stuff.

I'm already annoyed at the FCC forcing that required TV signal switch from analog to digital...when is it, this year? So now we have to replace all the TV's in our house with a LCD or something...lame.

Big Boss: Different strokes, different folks. My Japanese 1 1/2 gen PS2 bricked on me one day out of the blue, but I still bought another PS2 (which the laser's already dying), and plan on replacing this one with a slim soon. Some people in my situation would just say "screw it" and buy a PS3 or go to another system. Others might just not care about replacing at all.

But I didn't mean to exclude you with the condemning thing, I've heard it actually from a lot of ignorant people that need to find a reason to bash Microsoft, and it's silly reason to do so IMO. One manufacturing issue = PLAGUED SYSTEM! In that case, PS1 and PS2 should've been canned ages ago.

#29 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 27 July 2007 - 11:28 PM

View PostDirk_Stabben, on Jul 25 2007, 11:46 PM, said:

Yeah, I did. It was my first DVD player.

Of course it wasn't til AFTER it died that my boyfriend tells me it's bad to use it as a DVD. He couldn't have told me any earlier of course...I was so ticked.

One day when I'm rich I'll invest in a slimline PS2 and the KH collection....one day...
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#30 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:59 PM

It's like Sony can't decide what to do with the PS3. They put out two different systems, then discontinue one, then make a bigger one, but it's not competly backwards combatable. This is the kind of thing that pisses off gamers. The one good thing is the blue-ray player. Now I don't have any blu-ray disks or even high-def dvds, but's getting a PS3 just for a blu-ray player is cheaper then getting a new blu-ray player.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users