#31 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 8785

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:28 PM

View Postdek, on Jun 9 2007, 10:11 PM, said:

I'll be honest: the Naruto dub.

Although I can see how some can say it's a decent dub (especially since Viz looked like they were trying to make English versions of the JP voices), hearing "Believe it!" once every episode makes my stomach turn a little...

(That, and any dub from 4Shame "entertainment")

Hahaha, sooooooo true!! I prefer reading the subtitles and listening to the Japanese voice actors.
=D
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#32 User is offline   wildcat83 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 8452

Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:19 AM

I have some issues with the dub and some i am ok with and like them. Naruto's voices (SOME) are ok, but others it just doesnt suit them at all to me. Sakura's sounds to bratty sometimes depending on the situation, Neji's when he first appears and he is arrogant and full of himself it suits him, i have yet to hear him when he changes his ways. Kakuro, so doesnt suit him, he sounds like Ryo from Ronin Warriors to me.

I like Gaara's, it suits him fine, dark secret voice, i just cant wait to hear him when he pops up later in the show.

Now for a new one i recently watched.....One Piece, i dont know what other people say, but even without wathcing the sub first. When i turned it on, the first person i heard was Sanji, after like five seconds i had to change the channel cause......ugh!! It was bad, it doesnt suit him at all.
Sqwee of The Glomp Team.
Join Now!!

ACEN '09 Cosplay
My Sister, Sammy Talon
Chopper from One Piece

Wildcat83
Ryo-ohki of Tenchi Muyo

#33 User is offline   poppinrocks 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 12463

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:33 PM

Gravitation. Oh Gawd. WHAT HAPPENED?!

At first I really hated Kaname's voice in Full Metal Panic dub, but now I'm quite used to it and now I actually like it!

#34 User is offline   Horondo 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1941

Posted 19 July 2007 - 01:07 PM

LOL do you guys remember beyblade man that show just made me want to rip my ears off when i heard them talking, Except for grandpa he was a cool dude as far as im concerned

#35 User is offline   Some People 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9215
  • Location:Winfield, Illinois (for some it's Wheaton). Come stalk us!

Posted 19 July 2007 - 01:11 PM

*comes in in shame* I've heard the Sailor Moon dub sucks horribly but...I can't bring myself to watch the Japanese version. *shame* Sailor Moon was pretty much my first anime and I was like...five. I've always kinda known those voices. *feels bad*

Anyway *twitch* Prince of Tennis. If they casted one correct voice I'll eat my shoe. Let us (erm...me XP) hope they decide to stop airing it. (Pffft, shounen my arse. It's SO a shojo anime. Anybody would notice that after seeing the boys in shorts. But without the original voice actors...it just...doesn't work. :()
Account mainly used by Gabi.
Acen `07: ~Gabi~Nicole~HannaH~Pauline~Nick~|Acen `08: ~Gabi~Nicole~HannaH~Nick~|Acen `09: ~Gabi~Julia~Nicole~Katherine~Nick~
Acen `10: ~Gabi~Julia~Katherine~Analie~Amanda~Mikaela~Nick~Chelsea~Mary~
Acen `11: ~Gabi~Katherine~Analie~Julia~Mikaela~Jenny~Susan~Chelsea~Nick~Mary~
Acen `12: ~Gabi~Aimee~Nick~ (It's prom weekend. :x)
(And, of course: Gabi's mom [and for `10, `11, Katherine's mom]! Who is so absolutely wonderful and agreed to chaperone us crazy kids all going-on-four years! Thank you mom!)

#36 User is offline   Neonraver247 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 9839

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:46 AM

My vote is for Naruto, but no real news there. The Advent Children dub wasn't so bad until they gave Cid a southern accent...I had to stop watching after that point. The voices weren't very good over-all, but Cid definatly cinched it. The last one I can think of was the FAKE ova. Dee's voice was waaaaaay overly-goofy, and JJ... omfg, JJ. If anyone has seen it, they know what I mean. *shudder*
ACEN 2010:
Friday: Lolita w/ dolls in tow
Saturday: Vergil (DMC)
Sunday: Idk... Vergil or lolita. Whichever one I feel is less work lol.

#37 User is offline   Yuki_perv 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 11555

Post icon  Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:35 AM

View Postdek, on Jun 9 2007, 10:11 PM, said:

I'll be honest: the Naruto dub.

Although I can see how some can say it's a decent dub (especially since Viz looked like they were trying to make English versions of the JP voices), hearing "Believe it!" once every episode makes my stomach turn a little...

(That, and any dub from 4Shame "entertainment")

View PostOhki, on Jun 10 2007, 11:34 PM, said:

The Gravitation dub. *headdesk*

View PostFlyingElf, on Jun 12 2007, 09:52 AM, said:

Anything where they change the name of the chracters to "americanize" them...

for naruto i seriously think the sub is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better...ok i basically agree COMPLEATELY WITH U ALL!!!
Posted Image

#38 User is offline   Fairy Godmoose 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8964

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:27 PM

Other than the 4Kids homicides, I've never seen a dub I didn't at least tolerate. In fact, there are several anime where I absolutely LOVE the dubs; Samurai 7, Black Cat, Kodocha, and Lupin the 3rd. I would like to note that all these are dubbed by FUNimation, the licensor I consider to be the greatest ever, even if they reuse their actors so much that I can hear a character say two or three words and know the actor's name and all their other roles.
Previous cosplays:
Anna Kyoyama (Shaman King) - Wizard World Chicago 2006
Ayumu "Osaka" Kasuga (Azumanga Daioh) - Anime Central 2007
Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist) - Anime Central 2008

#39 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:35 PM

The dubs of Now and Then, Here and There are kinda odd. The acting is really great, but the voices are soooooo different then the subs I can't really watch more then a episode of the dubs, even though it's a really good anime.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#40 User is offline   Otaku16 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1144

Posted 23 September 2007 - 07:48 AM

hmm this one is quite tough.. ive seen alot of anime over the years.. for better or worse.. i would say so far the worse dub that ive run accross would be sin the movie.. the sub was rather bad the dub for it was cringe worthy.. not only did they re write EVERY SINGLE line for the dub but they decieded to thow pointless swareing.
ACen methuselah....

#41 User is offline   Soshen 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5134

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:06 AM

F***ING GRAVITATION DUB. I WANT TO DIE EVERY MOMENT YUKI OPENS HIS MOUTH. I WOULD HAVE A MUCH BETTER TIME DRINKING BLEACH THAN LISTENING TO THAT TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE CHOICE THEY MADE IN MAKING HIS VOICE THAT GODDAMN DEEP.

gjaoiowurawt
I AM THE HEAD OF THE NEKOBOY ALLIANCE INTELLIGENCE AGENCY!! X3 I r b smart. :P

COSPLAY LIST FOR 2008!
1. Taichi Yagami (Tai) from Digimon Adventure (first season) (Progress: 100%)
2. L from Deathnote (Progress: 100%)
3. Shadow the Hedgehog from the game Shadow the Hedgehog (Progress: 78%)
4. Nex from Bomb the Town (anyone wanna be Blurgas?)
5. (this one is a maybe) Little Jimmy Urine from the band Mindless Self Indulgence

ACEN 2007 pictures

Acen 2006 Pictures

My YouTube account!

#42 User is offline   Muzzi23 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 14360

Posted 30 September 2007 - 12:02 AM

I'm a Naruto fan, but I absolutly HATE the dub for it. Naruto's voice gives me a headache as well as many over characters.

Then there's fruits basket. I want to kill Torhu!! Or just simply shut up. <_< FUNimation uses the same voices for Kodocha. I don't understand how they decied Akito needed a deep voice. He doesn't even sound like a kid. Tisk tisk. Dubbing companies need to pick better voice actors.

#43 User is offline   しつれん人 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 14359

Posted 30 September 2007 - 12:46 AM

I don't completely hate Naruto now, but I really hate who does Naruto's voice. It reminds me of Bobby from King of the Hill, and I hated that character too.

I do still sit a bit uneasy with S.A.C. It isn't that the crew is bad, but I will agree with what someone else said about how when you see the sub first then hear a dub it really doesn't sit right. I watched the First Gig and almost the whole Second Gig of S.A.C. before I ever heard it in English. I think the only thing which helped me though it was playing the Ps2 release.

I can be hated for this, but I really don't like FMA's crew. (Again perhaps because I watched the whole thing in Nihongo first)

Can't stand Bleach at all. My opinion, if your going to constantly stress how the character is 15, don't higher a 40 year old guy to do the voice. And further more if you going to do that, at least make the characters look 15. (Something I give Naruto a very big applause for doing.)

Who ever said DBZ is fired. I watched that show in both Japanese and Chinese... its bad. Even the first 20 or so ep's in English were terrible. I don't know when Funimation recieved a budget for voice actors, but I was really glad by the time the show was done they were at least tolerable. (Vegita was still the best done though)

Trigun was ok in English, but you had to watch it in English. Like Those Who Hunt Elves, the show lost quite a bit in Japanese. Granted more times then not its the other way around, something in the original subs for Trigun just left a lot to be desired. Besides like Inuyasha, the hardest part is hearing a recurring theme in either language. "Vash the Stampede!" "Vash the Stampede?" "The $$60,000,000,000 man Vash the Stampede." It gets old in either language, but I think it sticks out more when its the only thing most people can recognize when watching something in a foreign language.

My 2 cents

#44 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:38 AM

The Shonen Onmyouji dub drives me crazy.

#45 User is offline   Fairy Godmoose 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8964

Posted 08 October 2007 - 08:19 PM

View Postしつれん, on Sep 30 2007, 06:46 AM, said:

I don't completely hate Naruto now, but I really hate who does Naruto's voice. It reminds me of Bobby from King of the Hill, and I hated that character too.

I do still sit a bit uneasy with S.A.C. It isn't that the crew is bad, but I will agree with what someone else said about how when you see the sub first then hear a dub it really doesn't sit right. I watched the First Gig and almost the whole Second Gig of S.A.C. before I ever heard it in English. I think the only thing which helped me though it was playing the Ps2 release.

I can be hated for this, but I really don't like FMA's crew. (Again perhaps because I watched the whole thing in Nihongo first)

Can't stand Bleach at all. My opinion, if your going to constantly stress how the character is 15, don't higher a 40 year old guy to do the voice. And further more if you going to do that, at least make the characters look 15. (Something I give Naruto a very big applause for doing.)

Who ever said DBZ is fired. I watched that show in both Japanese and Chinese... its bad. Even the first 20 or so ep's in English were terrible. I don't know when Funimation recieved a budget for voice actors, but I was really glad by the time the show was done they were at least tolerable. (Vegita was still the best done though)

Trigun was ok in English, but you had to watch it in English. Like Those Who Hunt Elves, the show lost quite a bit in Japanese. Granted more times then not its the other way around, something in the original subs for Trigun just left a lot to be desired. Besides like Inuyasha, the hardest part is hearing a recurring theme in either language. "Vash the Stampede!" "Vash the Stampede?" "The $$60,000,000,000 man Vash the Stampede." It gets old in either language, but I think it sticks out more when its the only thing most people can recognize when watching something in a foreign language.

My 2 cents

Oh, I COMPLETELY agree with your Trigun point. I loved the English dub, but everytime someone said "Vash the Stampede" I wanted to definistrate them. At least his name wasn't really "Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovich Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III". It was hilarious when Vash said it in episode 9, but if he kept saying it, I'd be wishing on every star I saw to gain Legato's body-bending powers.
Previous cosplays:
Anna Kyoyama (Shaman King) - Wizard World Chicago 2006
Ayumu "Osaka" Kasuga (Azumanga Daioh) - Anime Central 2007
Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist) - Anime Central 2008

#46 User is offline   Ashori 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 10991

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:34 AM

One Piece. Enough said. 4Kids ruined it majorly.

And Yu-Gi-Oh to a point. I still found it to be entertaining for an early Saturday morning anime, but still, kinda annoying.

But One Piece = worse.
Cosplay Status: Maya Kitajima - Bianca Mask (Pirate Form - 100%; Glass Mask), Lucy Heartfilia (2%; Fairy Tail), Castle of Hearts Alice Liddell (100%; Kuni no Alice series)
My dA | My YouTube Page | My FF.Net Page

#47 User is offline   Karrissarella 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 13944

Posted 11 October 2007 - 07:14 PM

Pokemon: Diamond & Pearl. I swear, my ears bleed and then clot x.o;
TENTATIVE ACen 2012 Plans
+. Kurisu Makise [Steins;Gate]
+. Misty [Pokemon]
+. Shiemi Moriyama [Ao no Exorcist]
+. Linda Linda! Masaomi Kida [Durarara!!]

#48 User is offline   sweetplushiecak 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8105

Posted 12 October 2007 - 02:08 AM

Sailor Moon was the worst for me :(
Especially Usagis voice in the S arc, it always sounded like she had something stuck in her throat and couldn't talk properly.
Also Chobits, Fruits Basket, and Sonic X (4kids=suck)

#49 User is offline   AshBird 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 14799

Posted 14 October 2007 - 09:49 PM

Outside of the infamous, the only English dub that Ive heard that I just cant stand compared to the original is Genshiken. It just doesnt work for me.

On the other hand, I havent had comparison for most of the series Ive seen. I usually just watch one or the other.
My tongue moved, a swung relaxing hinge.
I said to her, 'What will become of us?'
And as forgotten water in a well might shake
At an explosion under morning

Or a crack run up a gable,
She began to speak.
'I think our very form is bound to change.
Dogs in siege. Saurian relapses. Pismires."

- from Seamus Heaney's "Sibyl", part two of "Triptych"

#50 User is offline   Love Sesshomaru's fluff 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 14814

Posted 14 October 2007 - 10:13 PM

Can anyone honestly Orochimaru, Gaara, or Neji were good in English? Why I prefer to read the manga. Thank the gods they've started putting out 3 a month
Sesshoumaru again.... I know. But it's a good cosplay :P

#51 User is offline   stomptoMYbeat 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2256

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:58 PM

Naruto.
Azumanga Daioh.
Bleach.
Chobits.
DN Angel.
Excel Saga.
FIND ME AT ACEN: WEARING MY DEADMAU5 HEAD AGAIN!

#52 User is offline   Oreo_Otaku 

• Registration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2339
  • Location:inside your mind... I'm a figment of your imagination

Posted 21 October 2007 - 02:12 AM

View PostUlquiorra, on Jun 15 2007, 11:37 AM, said:

I'mma add Death Note to the list.
I just heard the Dub Trailer.

Light and L sound like their fifty. It's horrible, they couldn't of failed any worse.

Good thing that was probably the fake trailer. The dub that was on today wasn't that bad.
[center]How's my driving? Flip FOB Driver Pro: Oreo_Otaku. Comments? CALL: 111-555-9999
If you can read this you get a pat on the back.
I drank GOD and it is good!!!
Part of POWA*PinoyOneWorldAlliance*
ninja>pirates!
Acen Hamburglar

#53 User is offline   Eiiru 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 14890

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:14 PM

I see a lot of people complaining about Naruto. I understand, I flipped out after seeing the first few episodes. But I have to say: at least they're trying. They seemed to have changed their VAs if needed and are keeping things like "sensei" and "jutsu". If it was HORRIBLE, they would have changed it to something crazy, like "power" or "attack" [can you imagine? "Clone Attack! :B"] I was also happy to see that the guy who played Sasuke has had experiance with the Japanese language, so he prounounced names correctly [from what I've seen, I stopped caring after a while so dont correct me on it.] and I think that other VAs will/have pick[ed] up on it too.

I also think the Bleach dub isnt too bad! Sure, some characters were a hit and miss, but they seem to be doing well enough! I was actually impressed. It could always be so, so much worse.

For Example:

The Prince of Tennis dub

1) They changed the way the characters refured to one another

[i.e. changing last names to first names, which changes relationships between characters dramatically.

Having the first year students refurring to their upperclassmen by first names seemed so...weird. They didnt have to put 'senpai' after, but keeping it on a last name basis would have been fine.

The name thing also changes the relations between the Seigaku team itself, who is the focus of the series. Their relationships are what make this show run, keeps it interesting and make the fans come back for more.

Eiji calling Oishi "Oishii~" was a great way to show their relationship [of love, but we wont get into that here XD], that Eiji and Oishi were close and comfortable around one another.

Fuji being called "Fuji" instead of "Shusuke" gave him his air of heirarchy and mysterious power, and having him be called "Fujiko" by Taka and Eiji showed how those two were good enough friends with Fuji to call him that.

Kawamura being called "Taka" showed how much of a friendly guy he was, wanting his friends to call him by his first name. But he's also frequentally called Kawamura, showing that his teammates respect him a lot.

Same with Eiji, who is the only teammate who is called by his full first name by pratically everyone [Tezuka's toast personality wont let him, haha! *pets*]. This shows how intimate and open he is to all of his teammates, and establishes his energetic, playful personality.

Tezuka should be called such by everyone because he's the caption.

...Wow, sorry, I started ranting.]

2) Payed no attention to what the previous voice actors sounded like [i.e. making Fuji a MAN, THAT threw me out of my chair.]

3) They changed the names of shots [It was called "Drive B" for a reason, it looked like a B when you hit it! Plus, it went Drive A, B and C. And didn't they switch two move's names at one point?]

I hope that they redo it or something. While TeniPuri may not be as main stream as Naruto or Bleach, it has had a very long life [the manga and OVAs are still running/ in the works, and so is a Chinese live action series and another batch of musicals]. I just wish that the series was given the dedication it deserves from the translators and dubbers. It has an extreamly large fanbase and although it seems sort of trivial compared to larger series, TeniPuri is one of the best sports manga/animes out there! [not that i'm biased or anything >_> Haha!]

Sorry for the rant, guys! *waves hands*
Fight On, Get On, Keep On, Step Up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2008 Cosplay:
Kikumaru Eiji [Prince of Tennis] (M)
Bumblebee [Transformers 2007 Movie [Human/Cyborg version]] (M)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hona, Sayonara!

#54 User is offline   o rly? 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 15759

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:13 PM

bleach and naruto dubs, they make me wanna rip my ears off!!! i swear! but in naruto theres this one part with kabuto with the ninja info cards on youtube theres this hilarious thing about it, but thats the only good thing, otherwise it SUCKS!!!
and death note, thats pretty bad too...:lol:
<33
i plan on coming to acen this year :D
if you wanna teach me some sewing skillz and/or help me message me

#55 User is offline   simonsaz3 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8785

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:42 AM

Samurai X: Requiem for the Meiji Restoration Patriots... totally ugh!
=/
~Saaema
deviantART || Cosplays
=D
**Need help making something? Check this guide for tutorials!**

Hubby: '07: Elite Beat Agent ||
'08: Makoto Shishio ||'09: Cobra Commander ||'10: Golbez ||'11: Cats ||'12: Makoto Shishio
Me: '07: Cloaked Zelda ||'08: Myself =P ||'09: Queen Rutela ||'10: Fi (Skyward Sword) ||'11: Tali'Zorah ||'12: ??

#56 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:31 AM

View PostUlquiorra, on Jun 15 2007, 11:37 AM, said:

I'mma add Death Note to the list.

I just heard the Dub Trailer.

Light and L sound like their fifty. It's horrible, they couldn't of failed any worse.

Oh God, I agree on this, even more so because I saw the Japanese version first!! Japanese L was sexy, but the English L sounds too old and too British for me. Light...um, I'm undecided. He sounds too innocent, and then when he goes all 'psycho' he sounds like he's desperately trying to pass a kidney stone. Matsuda's voice made me cry, though. Just...no. Probably the only voice I could even tolerate was Rem's. I could kinda see it...

View Postbebop joe, on Jun 16 2007, 08:34 PM, said:

some amazing dubs:
You're Under Arrest
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex and 2nd gig
Samurai Champloo
Samurai 7
Gankutsuou
Wolf's Rain
Kaliedo Star

I LOVED the English voice work on GITS! Mary McGlynn FTW! I'd also like to add Witch Hunter Robin to this as well (the same voice actress who did Robin did Fuu from SC, so I wasn't surprised. Personally it sounded fine in Japanese AND English.

Others I can think of:

It's been so long since I've seen Sailor Moon, and just a couple months ago I started watching the Japanese version 'cause I always wanted to...

...And I wanted to fall to my knees and CRY. This was the first series where I actually preferred the English dub over the Japanese. From what I remembered, Luna sounded a lot more mature in English (she even had a British accent to her), which was OK because she was the advisor always harping on Usagi, but she sounds horrible in Japanese. And Usagi...god, her Japanese voice gives me chills just thinking about it. I'm still watching it, but it takes a while to get through the voices.

Now One Piece. That travesty of a theme song, let alone the voices, makes me want to break the TV.
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

#57 User is offline   Bold&Delicious 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7151

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:22 PM

Yeah, it almost changes L's personality with the dub voice actor.

As a side note, I thought the Princess Mononoke dub was really good. :)
★★Looking for a panel badge. Lived in Japan. Fluent in Japanese. Useful for any language/culture aspects, translations, etc. Hip & trendy and quite svelte.★★

#58 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:47 PM

well, I would have to say all the older series that have been dubbed are so bad because they were trying to make them for little kids (sailor moon, cardcaptors, etc.). I don't do the english versions unless they are series I watch on tv (and that only about 2 series that I watch on tv)
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#59 User is offline   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:52 PM

Fandora
I'm just a Mazinger in a rock and roll band!

#60 User is offline   The Archfiend 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1145

Post icon  Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:28 PM

View Postopimus.rm, on Mar 7 2008, 06:52 PM, said:

Fandora

Yeah, that's a pile of major suckage you got there. Oy.

Two problems, though: we only saw a preview of it back in the day, and it's so damn old that only antiquated pre-DVD anime fen (read: us) would remember it.

Now for a full-lengther I actually saw that makes me ill, consider the original dub of Akira: bad. Bad bad stinkin' worse than most episodes of Battle of the Planets bad, IMHO.
Chris Krolczyk
Security/IRT Staff, 2003-5

Further proof of my degeneracy can be found at: http://the-archfiend.livejournal.com/ or http:the-archfiend.blogspot.com/

• 10 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users