Anime Central Forums: Are Furries Accepted At Anime Conventions? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Are Furries Accepted At Anime Conventions? Just a question from a fellow costumer

#1 User is offline   SeeTheMutt 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 11085

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:01 PM

Hey there! I'm new to the forums, but I've been to ACEN 2005, and 2006. It's been a ton of fun...but I'm not an anime fan. My best friend is, so I come and support her and hold all her loot at the end of the day. Oh, the adventures! So, I do love this convention. Everyone is so nice, and I highly appreciate the artists alley, being an artist myself. I also bought a Kilala plush because she's adorable.

But a quick question, I just built this great kangaroo pirate costume, so would that be cool to wear to the convention? I'm a furry, and love to dress up as an animal (my previous costume being a dingo/husky mix, See). I'll probably end up wearing it anyway, since the next furry con is in November for me. But I just wanted some input from fellow con-goers!

#2 User is offline   Norumu 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 68

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:20 PM

I'll be honest.
I'm not a big fan of the furry thing, especially the sketchier sides of it. Just bugs me out a bit. I know people who feel similar. But on the other hand, I'm very respectful to it, and way more people are too. Honestly, it's an anime convention, it'll be accepted. :P Though, the issue with a big convention is that you'll have all kinds of people, hating and loving. That jsut happens with enough people. Heck, you can find people at ACen who hate anime. Or cosplay in general. It's gunna happen.

Don't let it stop you though. In my eyes, it's just like being another character. Some people may love it, and some may hate it. In the end, the fun is up to you. :D Hope to see you there!
Covered in duct tape for the sake of cosplay.

#3 User is offline   SeeTheMutt 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 11085

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:15 PM

View PostNorumu, on May 9 2007, 11:20 PM, said:

I'll be honest.
I'm not a big fan of the furry thing, especially the sketchier sides of it. Just bugs me out a bit. I know people who feel similar. But on the other hand, I'm very respectful to it, and way more people are too. Honestly, it's an anime convention, it'll be accepted. :P Though, the issue with a big convention is that you'll have all kinds of people, hating and loving. That jsut happens with enough people. Heck, you can find people at ACen who hate anime. Or cosplay in general. It's gunna happen.

Don't let it stop you though. In my eyes, it's just like being another character. Some people may love it, and some may hate it. In the end, the fun is up to you. :D Hope to see you there!

Hey! Thanks for the input. And I'm actually there with you on the sketchier side of furry. It's tough being furry when people automatically think I'm in it for "other intentions". I'm an artist, an up-in-coming amateur fursuit costumer/performer, and I adore animals. That's about it. But hey, to each his own! I'm sure it'll be fun to all go in costume. I always ask who each person is, because I have no idea about all the characters. My friend surely gets annoyed at the end of the day when I point out some more cosplayers!

I also just realized (duh) that going as a pirate...amongst quite a few ninjas...will be quite interesting. I know there's the whole joking debate over pirates vs. ninjas. I love pirates, but do Japanese martial arts as well. So, I'm torn on the issue. :D

#4 User is offline   Rebel 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 5661

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:04 AM

A pirate kangaroo? DUDE, I SO want to see it!. I like kangaroos. xD
My Space Me!
Facebook Me!
AIM Me!- RebelFighter2017
Solider of The Glomp Team!
(\_/)
(O.o) This is Bunny. Add Bunny to your signature
(> <) to help him achieve world domination.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users