• This topic is locked

Chest Hair Crisis!

#1 User is offline   otakucomedian#1 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 9010

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:07 PM

Hey, if anyone knows what Gintama is, you might know what im getting at. Im doing a Gintoki coplay, and he usually wears his kimono with some of his chest exposed, which isnt hairy at all. Problem is, I got a pretty hairy chest for a guy my age, so I think i have 3 options:

1) Shave off my chest hair to look more "in-character"
2) Keep my chest hair and be my hairy chested smexy self
3) Keep my chest hair, but make it look white to be sorta in character(though I dont like this one very much)
The Comedian Is Back Baby!!! I'm now making loads of material to spitball for The Masquerade Skits!!! And this time I will defiantly make it...I will go to any "pre-approval" meeting I have to, so that I may fulfill my dream of making it into the history books of Acen AND ESTABLISH MY SELF INTO MY COMEDIAN CAREER! *eyes burn with passion as I clench my fist upward!* Um..if anyone would like to see a hint of what to expect this year....please visit my myspace blog, for all sorts of Otaku Comedy Goodness!!! ...located at www.myspace.com/animes1stcomedian .

Also..my cosplay plans have been established and locked. To avoid a lot of stress on myself as well as my wallet..ive decided to chose one cosplay to do the entire weekend..I feel this will be more comfortable for me, and also make me more identifiable like "hey have u seen "otakucomedian" ? You know the guy in the "XXXXX" cosplay." something like that..and for my cosplay ive chosen one of my favorite anime characters from my most favorite anime!..it is!...THIRD YEAR CLASS Z!!!:

GINPACHI-SENSEI!!!!! (Gintama)-can be seen at the end of episodes 5,8,9,19,and 33.
so keep a look out for a guy that looks like this http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x305/ay...ent=gintoki.jpg

#2 User is offline   seloy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 2454

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:14 PM

Waxing isn't an option? :P

Actually, I wouldn't shave and I wouldn't dye or whatever #3 is. I'd either wax or hairy. ^_^
"Someday, if you're lucky, i'll introduce you to Seloy Deparra."
--Max Sterling, The Zentraedi Rebellion

2005 Pics-- http://photobucket.c...y242/congoblin/

2006 Pics--
http://www.flickr.co...s/14628745@N00/
OR
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/cong...02006/?start=40
(one you can read and leave comments, the other is just pics)

2007 Pics--
Flikr <--Pics w/ comments
OR
Photobucket <-- More pics fit on this site

Visit my DA page:
http://seloy.deviantart.com/
Or not.

#3 User is offline   otakucomedian#1 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:39 PM

uh, mabye waxing...ill think about it. Hehe...you like my hairy smexyness^^
The Comedian Is Back Baby!!! I'm now making loads of material to spitball for The Masquerade Skits!!! And this time I will defiantly make it...I will go to any "pre-approval" meeting I have to, so that I may fulfill my dream of making it into the history books of Acen AND ESTABLISH MY SELF INTO MY COMEDIAN CAREER! *eyes burn with passion as I clench my fist upward!* Um..if anyone would like to see a hint of what to expect this year....please visit my myspace blog, for all sorts of Otaku Comedy Goodness!!! ...located at www.myspace.com/animes1stcomedian .

Also..my cosplay plans have been established and locked. To avoid a lot of stress on myself as well as my wallet..ive decided to chose one cosplay to do the entire weekend..I feel this will be more comfortable for me, and also make me more identifiable like "hey have u seen "otakucomedian" ? You know the guy in the "XXXXX" cosplay." something like that..and for my cosplay ive chosen one of my favorite anime characters from my most favorite anime!..it is!...THIRD YEAR CLASS Z!!!:

GINPACHI-SENSEI!!!!! (Gintama)-can be seen at the end of episodes 5,8,9,19,and 33.
so keep a look out for a guy that looks like this http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x305/ay...ent=gintoki.jpg

#4 User is offline   Kazara 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 4599

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:49 PM

They have this stuff that kind of like dissolves the hair. It is painless and while it doesn't do the best job ever, it is painless... which is more than I can say for waxing or shaving. the most common being Nair.

This is the kind I have used. It did not irritate my skin, but the hair grows back pretty quick... which in your case probably what you would prefer.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...=BUY-PLST-0-CAT
'You should never hurt the feelings of a brutal killer. You know, that's, uh, that's actually some pretty good advice.'

Xander
Crush

#5 User is offline   MetalGravy 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 1562

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:52 PM

Or you could just wear a white t-shirt underneath.
I am a vampire! I am a zombie! I AM A VAMBIE!!! I CANNOT BE STOPPED!

-Deadite Morbius, Marvel Zombies 3.4.

Pirates>ninja's Faile and her Vagrants are nothing!!!!! YARRRRR!

#6 User is offline   Kazara 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:54 PM

Or even a nude colored t-shirt if you want to spend the cash.
'You should never hurt the feelings of a brutal killer. You know, that's, uh, that's actually some pretty good advice.'

Xander
Crush

#7 User is offline   seloy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:56 PM

View PostMetalGravy, on Apr 28 2007, 02:52 AM, said:

Or you could just wear a white t-shirt underneath.

You're so practical, MetalGravy! Also! I totally remember you from the forum Meet-up last year, b/c you were like the only one to talk to us!~ Are you going again this year? If not, you should hunt us down instead. We're going to be trying to plan some fun games!

2006 Pics--
OR

2007 Pics--
OR

Visit my DA page:
Or not.

#8 User is offline   MetalGravy 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 1562

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:11 PM

I'm planning to go to the meetup again this year. Is everyone meeting over where the statue used to be, or where the front desk used to be? I guess the two are close enough that if I go to one and the meetup is at the other it'll be pretty obvious ^_^ . I remember you and your friend (Kazara, I think), but I can't remember which is which. Were you the Asuka cosplayer?
I am a vampire! I am a zombie! I AM A VAMBIE!!! I CANNOT BE STOPPED!

-Deadite Morbius, Marvel Zombies 3.4.

Pirates>ninja's Faile and her Vagrants are nothing!!!!! YARRRRR!

#9 User is offline   otakucomedian#1 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:13 PM

well , ya know im tryin to be the most "in-character" i can be. So wearing a whote shirt is basically the same as keeping my chest hair, thanks though

#10 User is offline   KeiCai 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9242

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:29 PM

I say wax. ^^ Makes the cosplay more accurate.
'09 Acen Cosplay:

•Wolfram von Bielefeld [Kyou Kara Maou - Dress Uniform]
•Shinou Heika [Kyou Kara Maou]
•Remus Lupin [Harry Potter]

#11 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 4411

Posted 28 April 2007 - 01:42 AM

Hairy chest? Can I play with the hair?

*self smack*

^^; Yeah, I think waxing would have to do or just be a more MANLY version of Gintama. If you want to stay the most in-character as you can, do the wax or what Kazara suggested. Waxing does keep you pretty bare for a while ... so it depends how long you are willing to go without your manly hair.
β™₯ Amunet will move to Illinois! Coming Soon β™₯
~ Captain of The Glomp Team ~
Official Thread of The Glomp Team ~ Click Here ~
γ‚γŸγ—γ― γ‚―γƒͺγ‚Ή です。 ^_^

#12 User is offline   otakucomedian#1 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 28 April 2007 - 08:57 AM

View PostAmunet, on Apr 28 2007, 07:42 AM, said:

Hairy chest? Can I play with the hair?

*self smack*

^^; Yeah, I think waxing would have to do or just be a more MANLY version of Gintama. If you want to stay the most in-character as you can, do the wax or what Kazara suggested. Waxing does keep you pretty bare for a while ... so it depends how long you are willing to go without your manly hair.

O ya, you can play with the hair B) , But anyway, A manly Gintama huh, altough like he isnt manly enough? But I think you may be right, I dont want my chest hair to be gone for a long time.....mabye ill just go manly

#13 User is offline   stfatherabraham 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 10495

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:25 PM

View PostKazara, on Apr 27 2007, 09:49 PM, said:

They have this stuff that kind of like dissolves the hair. It is painless and while it doesn't do the best job ever, it is painless... which is more than I can say for waxing or shaving. the most common being Nair.

This is the kind I have used. It did not irritate my skin, but the hair grows back pretty quick... which in your case probably what you would prefer.

If you go this way, DO A SPOT TEST FIRST! Any given chemical could react badly with your skin, and it depends greatly on the person. Better to have an allergic reaction or chemical burn on a square inch of your arm than the whole of your chest!
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
Fight DRM. You can't stop the signal.

#14 User is offline   Kazara 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 April 2007 - 03:36 PM

Err yeah a spot test is a good idea! Tee hee!

Also, girls like hairless men for some reason. I mean not me personally, but I will just let you know that. I bleieve my sister prefers hers nice and androgynous.... MUAHAHAHAHA!

Xander
Crush

#15 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:55 PM

Well it depends, some guys can work with it and some guys should just not have any XD

#16 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:12 PM

I cant help but think about that scene from The 40 Year Old Virgin where he was getting his chest hairs yanked off from the wax and he was saying every funny world as it happened :lol:
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#17 User is offline   otakucomedian#1 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:24 PM

View PostAmunet, on Apr 28 2007, 11:55 PM, said:

Well it depends, some guys can work with it and some guys should just not have any XD

WELL honestly ive think I do think I could work mine, but hey thats my opinion.

And lol, yes that scene in 40 year old vigin was hilarious .......................KELLY CLARKSON !!!!!!
But I thought the movie in general was kind of weak

#18 User is offline   Kazara 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 28 April 2007 - 08:41 PM

If you think you can work it, I say go for it. haha now I am curious to see what it is going to look like.

Xander
Crush

#19 User is offline   ostencrone 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10183

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:13 PM

NAIR IT!
www.myspace.com\austincrane121
ADD ME!

-----Cosplay for '07-----
Kakashi! (Naruto)

~~~In the Works~~~
Wii Remote + Nunchuck
Naruto in Genjutsu (Ep. 15 Shippuuden)
Maito Gai
Neji

#20 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:43 PM

I think we need to see you working it mister comedian :P Like snapshots ... in boxers! >.>
Lol or you could just dress up and take a snapshot and see if it works XD

Yeah 40 Year Old Virgin was pretty funny ... it was weak but I really liked the base lesson of it all. I could care less for all the swearing.

#21 User is offline   kuro neko 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10628

Posted 28 April 2007 - 11:39 PM

For my cosplay last year I tried Nair, it didn't work well and I broke out in a mild rash for a few days, so defanitly do a test if you use Nair.
Ended up having to wax. Got a much better result anyway, though it wasn't all that pleasant.

#22 User is offline   otakucomedian#1 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:18 AM

View PostAmunet, on Apr 29 2007, 04:43 AM, said:

I think we need to see you working it mister comedian :P Like snapshots ... in boxers! >.>
Lol or you could just dress up and take a snapshot and see if it works XD

Yeah 40 Year Old Virgin was pretty funny ... it was weak but I really liked the base lesson of it all. I could care less for all the swearing.

Oh, so now you want to see me in my boxers huh? ;) Well............mabye later. Well I think my decision is im gonna keep my manly chet hair and just really WORK IT. Unfortunately, of my seemstess dosnt pull though and get me the costume soon, I might have to go with my plan B, which i my Peter Griffin cosplay i did for halloween. Though mabye ill work that one sexy too. anyway..................and now for something completly different

#23 User is offline   ACen Guy Brown 

• ACen Guy
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 752

Posted 29 April 2007 - 01:15 PM

Nude shirt or Nair (just don't get it on your nipplys!!)
ACen Guys on Facebook

UPCOMING PANELS
ACen 2016: ???

#24 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:12 PM

I have a thing for boxers ... I need more!! Is that odd for a female? lol

Ow ACen dude ... I never thought of nair on nipplies ... *cringe*

#25 User is offline   otakucomedian#1 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:28 PM

View PostAmunet, on Apr 29 2007, 08:12 PM, said:

I have a thing for boxers ... I need more!! Is that odd for a female? lol

Ow ACen dude ... I never thought of nair on nipplies ... *cringe*

Not at all, gigidy gigidy ;) But unfortunately, im starting to doubt that my friend will finish the costume on time.... :( But if not, keep in eye out for a samurai peter grifin!!

#26 User is offline   seloy 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:14 PM

View PostKazara, on Apr 28 2007, 09:36 PM, said:

Err yeah a spot test is a good idea! Tee hee!

Also, girls like hairless men for some reason. I mean not me personally, but I will just let you know that. I bleieve my sister prefers hers nice and androgynous.... MUAHAHAHAHA!

It's true, I do like boys to nice and hairless and androgynous.... so maybe you should consider that nair after all! :P

2006 Pics--
OR

2007 Pics--
OR

Visit my DA page:
Or not.

#27 User is offline   meilin 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 4806

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:00 PM

hello

definitely do a test on a smal portion of your skin first if you want to use nair. i know a guy who decided it would be easier than shaving and it took most of the skin off of his face he was peeling for a few days.

and you have another problem as the hair slowly grows back it can be very irritating, i am a rather hairy person and i usually have a skin colored shirt or bodysuit for under my cosplays.

#28 User is offline   kataimiko 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 6303

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:07 PM

View PostKazara, on Apr 28 2007, 02:49 AM, said:

NAIR is freaking SCARY!

I tried that stuff on part of my legs when I was int he 6th grade...and it caused a horrible skin reaction. My skin was peeling off and all bloody. It was terrible. >_____>

NAIR and similar products are comprised of harsh chemicals that should not come into contact with bare skin to begin with. It also causes a horrible smell while it is working. The smell is similar to burning flesh or burning hair. You have to leave the crap on for several minutes. And during those several minutes...you will experience hell.

#29 User is offline   otakucomedian#1 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:18 PM

So Itachi's Jutsu is really the effects of Nair, fascinating...........

#30 User is offline   kataimiko 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 6303

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:35 PM

View Postotakucomedian#1, on May 3 2007, 02:18 AM, said:

So Itachi's Jutsu is really the effects of Nair, fascinating...........

I'd rather experience Tsukiyomi ANYTIME instead of having to put NAIR on my body.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users