Anime Central Forums: A Suggestion For Next Year's Badge Mailing. - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

A Suggestion For Next Year's Badge Mailing.

#1 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 5659

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:06 AM

I am going to assume that ACEN will offer badge mailing again next year. IF that does happen, I highly suggest adding on an option for delivery confirmation. I know that I for one, am willing to paying the extra charge for that. It would be a good way for ACEN reg staff to truly know who did and didn't get their badges. Plus this would allow for those who really didn't get their badges to not have to pay an additional $50 or whatever the reg amount is. I understand that charging another 50 or so to replace the badges is a good way to make more money for the con. But it really isn't fair to the congoer who never actually recieved said badge.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Hungary: Hetalia
Fairy Tail
One Piece

#2 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9402

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:08 AM

View Postomnichild, on Apr 27 2007, 10:06 AM, said:

I am going to assume that ACEN will offer badge mailing again next year. IF that does happen, I highly suggest adding on an option for delivery confirmation. I know that I for one, am willing to paying the extra charge for that. It would be a good way for ACEN reg staff to truly know who did and didn't get their badges. Plus this would allow for those who really didn't get their badges to not have to pay an additional $50 or whatever the reg amount is. I understand that charging another 50 or so to replace the badges is a good way to make more money for the con. But it really isn't fair to the congoer who never actually recieved said badge.

Might I also suggest on making the delivery date alot sooner as well? Also not to mail out badges on Tax Day. ><;

I'm sure that Acen/Maps wouldn't do such a thing as charge an extra $50 to replace a badge that we didn't even receive yet. That would not be good business on their end.

If anything, I'm sure Acen/Maps will try to be as accomodating as possible to help those congoers who did not receive their badge in time or at all for Acen.
Uh, hi!

Send me a pm if there's anything I could probably help with that is within reason of my current position and knowledge(con-goer).

Hope to meet some of you!

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

"Sprinkle, sprinkle, little bar, what I wonder is a cat"
"I...FOUND...A...CARROT!!!"
"Can I have some fishy crackers?"

#3 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:14 AM

View PostVampireLowell, on Apr 27 2007, 03:08 PM, said:

Might I also suggest on making the delivery date alot sooner as well? Also not to mail out badges on Tax Day. ><;

I'm sure that Acen/Maps wouldn't do such a thing as charge an extra $50 to replace a badge that we didn't even receive yet. That would not be good business on their end.

If anything, I'm sure Acen/Maps will try to be as accomodating as possible to help those congoers who did not receive their badge in time or at all for Acen.

Yes mailing them out on tax day was a bad idea. However they were worried that if they mailed them out any earlier people would have lost them.

Unfortunately, this year we will probably be charged an additional $50 if the badges do not show. The reg. staff has no one to tell who really did and didn't recieve their mailed badges. Person A, might have recieved their badge and then lost it, while person b. might not have ever recieved their badge. They both go stand in the preregged line and Person B is ahead of Person A. Person B says they never recieved their badge and should in reality get their badge replaced for free. Well Person A overhears what person B says and decides that they do not want to pay antoher 50 to replace their lost badge. So they lie and say they never recieved their badge. So they also get a free badge. See what I mean? This year we will have to pay to replace the badge. (Yes it does make me angry as well.) But next year if they add on the delivery confirmation we won't have too!
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#4 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:34 AM

View Postomnichild, on Apr 27 2007, 10:14 AM, said:

Yes mailing them out on tax day was a bad idea. However they were worried that if they mailed them out any earlier people would have lost them.

Unfortunately, this year we will probably be charged an additional $50 if the badges do not show. The reg. staff has no one to tell who really did and didn't recieve their mailed badges. Person A, might have recieved their badge and then lost it, while person b. might not have ever recieved their badge. They both go stand in the preregged line and Person B is ahead of Person A. Person B says they never recieved their badge and should in reality get their badge replaced for free. Well Person A overhears what person B says and decides that they do not want to pay antoher 50 to replace their lost badge. So they lie and say they never recieved their badge. So they also get a free badge. See what I mean? This year we will have to pay to replace the badge. (Yes it does make me angry as well.) But next year if they add on the delivery confirmation we won't have too!

Haha, I'm not angry though.

And I do believe that we will not have to pay for an additional fee of $50.

First off, no one has mentioned that they received their badge - Also from what I read in a different post in a different thread that they did not mail the badges yet, don't quote me on that though.

In the good business sense, which MAPS is - they have to realize that they would have to help the congoer/customer in providing a free replacement for a badge that we did not receive at all. (or late, whichever maybe the case)

It is ACEN/MAPS responsibility that this new service that they offered to the customer is done properly and correctly.

I'm aware that although ACEN/MAPS responsibility is gone once they mail it out - they still are responsible in the end once we do or do not receive it.

It is also the responsibility of the company aka MAPS/ACEN that if they have/had any information that is vital to all customers/congoers which would delay the process the mailing out of badges that it should have been emailed out that case.

It would be faulty on their end if they announce this bit of info late in the game.
=======

Example, I ordered for some flowers from FTD.com to be delivered on or after Valentine's day to my girlfriend work. I got an email back from FTD.com that delivery would be delayed due to the late order, which I understood and I accepted.

However, there were alot of mistakes on their end per the delivery.
1. My confirmation email which showed that I paid, when I paid, what I paid, and where I would like the product to be delivered was altered for some reason. The Address of where I Wanted to be delivered was differnet on what I printed out and what I had seen on their website tracking system.

Plus it wasn't delivered until 3 days later, and better yet - it was even delivered at all - I had to pick it up :\

I called to complain my grievances - they understood after I explained and presented my case that there were mistakes on their part. I was even refunded 1/3 of what I had paid.

========

We do not and should not pay an additional fee of $50 if our badges do not arrive on time or at all.

If they arrived on Saturday of the Acen Weekend, and lets say you live in California,- is that our fault? No. Is it their fault? No. But they should accomodate the congoer/customer/guest with a free printout badge. To pay an additional fee of $50 would be a total rip-off.
Uh, hi!

Send me a pm if there's anything I could probably help with that is within reason of my current position and knowledge(con-goer).

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

#5 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:01 AM

True and agreed. If we do not recieve the badges, we should have them replaced for free. But I am going to have to see it from the con's view. They have no way of knowing whether or not you truly recieved your badge. Granted if no one recieves their badges, they have a bigger problem. But let's say that others recieve their badges and you don't. How does a staff member know that you really did not recieve yours? They sent out your badge afterall, in theory it should have arrived to you.

Let's just hope that they will at least charge a lesser fee for the badge replacement.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#6 User is offline   Iris 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3989

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:23 AM

Why wouldn't they know who bought badges and who didn't? We all had to order either on line or through the mail, so they should in theory have a paper trail over who has paid. And considering they card before you can get your badges it's not like you can claim someone else's badge.

The only way at all I can see a problem is if someone CLAIMS they didn't get their badge, and then gives their extra to someone else. But I really don't forsee that many sleazy people.

They have records of who paid and who didn't, and I can't imagine that they'd alienate and upset their con patrons by not fixing a problem if indeed the problem arose of badges not arriving. I can guarentee you'd have a few less con regulars if they showed up and were told they'd have to pay AGAIN to get in.

#7 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:26 AM

View PostIris, on Apr 27 2007, 04:23 PM, said:

Why wouldn't they know who bought badges and who didn't? We all had to order either on line or through the mail, so they should in theory have a paper trail over who has paid. And considering they card before you can get your badges it's not like you can claim someone else's badge.

The only way at all I can see a problem is if someone CLAIMS they didn't get their badge, and then gives their extra to someone else. But I really don't forsee that many sleazy people.

They have records of who paid and who didn't, and I can't imagine that they'd alienate and upset their con patrons by not fixing a problem if indeed the problem arose of badges not arriving. I can guarentee you'd have a few less con regulars if they showed up and were told they'd have to pay AGAIN to get in.

-sigh- Yes they know who paid, but as soon as they mail out the badges it is out of their hands. They have no way of knowing whether or not it was delivered to you.

This thread is not about picking up the badges at the con. Because at the con pick up it is easy to know who recieved and didn't receive their badges.

Through the mail it is harder.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#8 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:32 AM

View Postomnichild, on Apr 27 2007, 11:26 AM, said:

-sigh- Yes they know who paid, but as soon as they mail out the badges it is out of their hands. They have no way of knowing whether or not it was delivered to you.

This thread is not about picking up the badges at the con. Because at the con pick up it is easy to know who recieved and didn't receive their badges.

Through the mail it is harder.

True, but if a big majority of people say they did not receive their badges - I doubt its because they're lying though.

You're basing off the fact that alot of people are lying. And I doubt that that many who are attending are that sleazy to do that.

The best that MAPS can do is take our word. I mean, as long as we provide the necessary forms (should we not receive our badges on time or at all) - they should accomodate those individuals who are claiming they did not receive theirs.

And I also believe that if someone DID lose theirs, especially in the case of Anime Congoers - that a small amount of them who do join the group of those who say that they did not receive their badges are lying.

*shrug*

I understand from your viewpoint and the viewpoint of MAPS/Acen - but they also have to believe the customer as well.

If I claim that the sky is blue and 100 other people from other states and areas and I have no relations with any of them say the sky is blue - MAPS/Acen can't deny that.

Aka If I claim that i did not receive my badge and 100 others say they did not as well - MAps/Acen can't deny the fact that people did not get theirs as well.
Uh, hi!

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

#9 User is offline   Iris 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:37 AM

That was my point, as badly hidden as it was in the post.

If people come up complaining they haven't recieved their badges, more then likely they indeed haven't recieved them. (Like I said before, I think very few people would be sleezy enough to have recieved their badge and pretend they didn't just to get another one). So it's as simple as confirming that they indeed paid, and then there is no reason for not giving up 'free' badges to replace the ones that didn't arrive.

I do however agree with your first point. I'd have happily paid the extra.. I think it's .70 (that the post office charges) for delivery confirmation. It'd be a pain in the butt to fill out all those forms for the staff, but I bet it'd save them more time and headaches then what will occur if a large number of people don't get their badges.

#10 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:43 AM

yes if a majority of people say that they did not receive their badges, then ACEN needs to give the badges back for free.

But no one has received their badges yet, but there is still at least another week before anyone needs to start worrying about not getting a badge. And I am sure people will start receiving them sometime this week.

I am not basing it off the fact that everyone is a liar. I am basing it off the fact that ACEN/MAPS cannot tell who did and did not receive their badge.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#11 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:45 AM

View Postomnichild, on Apr 27 2007, 11:43 AM, said:

I am not basing it off the fact that everyone is a liar. I am basing it off the fact that ACEN/MAPS cannot tell who did and did not receive their badge.

We understood that fact. XD But from the way you kept repeating it, it definitely did seem like you called all or a majority of the congoers who opted for mail-in liars. Which I'm sure you didn't mean to, but it sure did sound like it XD

We were trying to explain to you is that even if they cannot tell or not - well. You already understand so I don't have to repeat it :D
Uh, hi!

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

#12 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:49 AM

XD Well either way liars or not, we probably will not be able to convince the staff to give us the badges for free. So we can at least try to get the badges for a discount.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#13 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:52 AM

View Postomnichild, on Apr 27 2007, 11:49 AM, said:

XD Well either way liars or not, we probably will not be able to convince the staff to give us the badges for free. So we can at least try to get the badges for a discount.

No. lol That isn't acceptable. They have to honor us getting a replacement badge for free.
Uh, hi!

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

#14 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:56 AM

We need a staff member to clear this up! lol.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#15 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:05 AM

View Postomnichild, on Apr 27 2007, 11:56 AM, said:

We need a staff member to clear this up! lol.

XD I know. I've been watching for any official responses for the past 5 days. Nothing yet ><;
Uh, hi!

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

#16 User is offline   Iris 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:09 AM

I think it's one of those "cross that bridge when we get there" things. So I wouldn't expect any announcements from them until last minute about it. Once they actually see how many people have started to recieve things and how many people are still claiming they haven't.

#17 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:14 AM

View PostIris, on Apr 27 2007, 12:09 PM, said:

I think it's one of those "cross that bridge when we get there" things. So I wouldn't expect any announcements from them until last minute about it. Once they actually see how many people have started to recieve things and how many people are still claiming they haven't.

Yeah, thats probably the case - i just wish it wasn't.
Uh, hi!

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

#18 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:41 PM

I happen to know that they are working on sending out more badges everyday, and that we have worked out something(I can't tell you what because I really don't know) with the post office to make sure they get mailed out on time.

One reason we did not want to send them out too soon was that people could lose them. I know there is a small chance of that since most people are so excited to get theirs they want to frame it.

The other reason is that their are sleezy people out there who will claim things that did not happen, and their are others who will try and copy them to get their freinds in free. We had to work out some safe garuds for that possiblity too. Not that anyone would, but just in case.

Also for those who remember the lost badge policy from past years, you will know that we will refund your money for the second badge if you find the first one, or you claim it in lost and found.

As for badges not makeing it to you in the first place, I am sure Reg has something worked out for that. I will have one of the reg people check this thread out. They be able to give you a better answer then me.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#19 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:19 PM

Thanks Sammy! We really appreciate your input.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#20 User is offline   stomptoMYbeat 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2256

Posted 28 April 2007 - 09:41 AM

I breath a sigh of relief every time a staffer gives us SOME sort of input back on this matter. I appreciate it a LOT. <3
FIND ME AT ACEN: WEARING MY DEADMAU5 HEAD AGAIN!

#21 User is offline   Ramos Asura 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 10282

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:33 PM

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Im pretty relieved myself!
And I understand reasons behind it. Makes perfect sence to me.... Im lookin forward to gettin my badge^^

Past Cosplays

ACEN 2007 -- Nicholas D. Wolfwood from Trigun!!! [And HERE I am with Yasuhiro Nightow! That made my day! ^^]

[size=1]"An Optimist is just an under-informed Pessimist..."
"Whoever said 'Anything is possible' never tried slamming a revolving door.

"Homnes vulnerate, Ultima Necat" (each hour injures you, the last kills...)

#22 User is offline   Baikenown 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 10355
  • Location:Port Huron MI a.k.a. the most boring place in the world

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:00 PM

Cool I understand.
(\ /)
( . .)
c(")(") Bunnies for life.
GG-Baiken, A.B.A.
Kof-Athena, Billy Kane, K'
Street Fighter 3s- Yun

#23 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:04 PM

If you guys poke at the bottom of the other thread about this, I kinda have my take on what's going on. Don't worry though, jay assured me no one will be hung ou to dry on this
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

#24 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 974

Posted 28 April 2007 - 05:46 PM

If there wan an option for confirmation plus the mailing, I would have seriously had my badge mailed to me. But I was leery that if the badge just didn't show up I'd have to fork over $50 of my spending budget so I could do things. Plus with Chicago having the worse mail problem in the country it made me more leery. If next year there is an option for confirmation, I might have my badge mailed to me, but for now I'm fine with waiting in line for my badge knowing it's safe.
~Ri-chan
ACen 2013-2014: Customer Service

2013 Cosplay: Team Aqua Grunt (100%), Fluttershy Sweet Lolita (95%)

#25 User is offline   Heartnet 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 10674

Posted 28 April 2007 - 08:30 PM

View PostVampireLowell, on Apr 27 2007, 12:05 PM, said:

XD I know. I've been watching for any official responses for the past 5 days. Nothing yet ><;

This is what bothers me about the whole thing. I'm fine with having to wait but where is the person explaining what the delay is? You know, there really should be somebody giving regular updates about this, we would really worry a whole lot less.
Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.

-Dr. Seuss (Words to live by)

#26 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:22 AM

View PostHeartnet, on Apr 29 2007, 02:30 AM, said:

This is what bothers me about the whole thing. I'm fine with having to wait but where is the person explaining what the delay is? You know, there really should be somebody giving regular updates about this, we would really worry a whole lot less.

You need to remember that the convention is about a week and a half away. Many of the staff members are not only busy with real life but with trying to get last minute details set up with the convention. They know we are worried and want to know what is going on. But they are also trying to make sure the con is going to be awesome and that they can give you a semi-solid answer before telling you something that might not be true.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#27 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:49 AM

I agree with omnichild. Staff members have lives outside of the convention and can't put in their time 24-7!

Also, if most of them are mailed out, have you considered that the staff may not have control over it now? The Postal Service has the reigns now... I mean, I don't think they can control the postal service as well. XD
Possible Future Cons- Otakon, Anime Expo, Otakon Vegas, YaoiCon

#28 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2007 - 09:02 AM

View PostCherry_Wolf, on Apr 29 2007, 01:49 PM, said:

Also, if most of them are mailed out, have you considered that the staff may not have control over it now? The Postal Service has the reigns now... I mean, I don't think they can control the postal service as well. XD

But Cherry Wolf! The staff members are gods! They know all! They see all! They do all! :lol:
Acen 2011 cosplays

Fairy Tail
One Piece

#29 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:13 AM

View PostHeartnet, on Apr 28 2007, 10:30 PM, said:

I will say, I have been half explained what the delay is. But I'm not going to repeat it because it was only a half explaination. I will say that there are pretty much round the clock staff in the ACen office getting all this stuff sent out.
And another thing, I know we're sending it out like priority express or something (I really don't know our postal system that well). So it's not like we're shoving it in an envelope and putting a 39c stamp on it. I'd like to think that methhod probably will produce better results as far as receiving your badge.
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

#30 User is offline   Heartnet 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 10674

Post icon  Posted 29 April 2007 - 06:03 PM

View Postomnichild, on Apr 29 2007, 08:22 AM, said:

You need to remember that the convention is about a week and a half away. Many of the staff members are not only busy with real life but with trying to get last minute details set up with the convention. They know we are worried and want to know what is going on. But they are also trying to make sure the con is going to be awesome and that they can give you a semi-solid answer before telling you something that might not be true.

I just hope that this semi-solid answer doesn't come too late. I hate waiting for things. I don't want to be a downer but this is just frustrating. I know how it is planning large get togethers like this, I've had some experience, and yes it gets hectic the last weeks. But you always have to remind yourself what's most important, the people purchasing your tickets. Without them, you got nothing. that's why my company always designates at least one person to keep everyone informed, that's there only job. It frees everyone else from worrying about it and keeps your customer happy. Next year, I plan on getting involved with this earlier and maybe I can be the one to keep everyone informed, until then I pray that something happens. Hopefully it comes monday and I don't have to be worried anymore and can be start being excited about the convention.
Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells.

-Dr. Seuss (Words to live by)

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users