Anime Central Forums: Daisuke Asakura Fan Gathering~ - Anime Central Forums

Jump to content

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Daisuke Asakura Fan Gathering~

#31 User is offline   mini godzilla 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9959
  • Posts: 376
  • Joined: 21-March 07
  • Location:plainfield,IL

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:36 PM

View Postaoi umi, on May 2 2007, 11:51 PM, said:

x_X YES, DO. Iceman lives are the BEST! I don't have an all-region DVD player, but the software I have should be able to rip a DVD and remove its region-encoding, and then burn it to a disc. So if you bring a blank recordable DVD I can try to make a region-free copy for you. It has worked before on a couple of my Ayumi Hamasaki R2 discs.

Edit: Actually I think the DVD drive ripping it has to be R2 or region-free in order to read it. I did the Ayu discs on a different computer, not my laptop. Hmmm...crap... OH! Maskalade, are you bringing your computer? Yours would be R2, wouldn't it (assuming it has a DVD drive)? I'm pretty sure Japan and the UK are in the same region (for some insane, enviable reason~ -_-).


HECK YEAH! I'll bring it and a blank dvd although I think we might be able to get it to play on a computer o.o dunno I'll see if I can get it to burn onto a dvd at home first though.
I don't know how good the live is though because I've never actually even watched it XDD been saving it for just the right moment
SELLING
Everything from posters, wall scrolls, games, manga, clothes, jrock magazines, etc for cheap
click HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 User is offline   maskalade 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9432
  • Posts: 58
  • Joined: 18-February 07
  • Location:Liverpool, United Kingdom

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:39 PM

View Postaoi umi, on May 3 2007, 08:01 PM, said:

Once you get it ripped, if we can get the DVD image file onto my computer somehow, I can burn discs pretty fast. So, everyone bring recordable DVDs if you want to try and get a copy. B) *really hoping it works*

Rar...you don't know how lucky you are to live in the UK when it comes to Japanese DVDs. It seems like we have to go to all lengths over here just to get them to play, which is damn annoying after going to the trouble of importing them to begin with... I hate region-encoding when it comes to things like DA videos, come on, which will never be released in another region anyway, so why bother with the @#&! region protection... -_-

*nodnod* I've been told frequently by American friends that I'm lucky in that regard XDD. It's not just the region 2 thing though; literally any DVD player you buy in the UK is region-free. It's one of the few things we do right :B (it's a waste as well, because the UK is so not into Japan compared to America XZ. )

According to a friend Live Scale is meant to be ACE, so I'm sure it'll be awesome fun :D I'll take a few blank DVDs too.
Q. Who're SPIRAL SPIDERS?
A: A six-man band fronted by Gravitation OP singer Yosuke Sakanoue
http://www.myspace.com/spaspa

Q.Who's Yosuke Sakanoue?
A: a 26 year old who hates his ex-boss and writes songs about ANARCHYYYY IN ZA TOKYOOOO CITTYYYY
http://sakkan.livejournal.com

#33 User is offline   aoi umi 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 6726
  • Posts: 47
  • Joined: 08-April 06

Posted 03 May 2007 - 10:22 PM

View Postmaskalade, on May 3 2007, 03:39 PM, said:

*nodnod* I've been told frequently by American friends that I'm lucky in that regard XDD. It's not just the region 2 thing though; literally any DVD player you buy in the UK is region-free. It's one of the few things we do right :B (it's a waste as well, because the UK is so not into Japan compared to America XZ. )

According to a friend Live Scale is meant to be ACE, so I'm sure it'll be awesome fun :D I'll take a few blank DVDs too.


o.o Dude...I should've bought a DVD player when I visited there last winter. (But then again, the Dollar is so weak right now that it probably would've drained more of my money than it's worth.)

I thought Region Encoding was basically created so that the rest of the world would wait their turns for all the Hollywood movies instead of just importing the American DVDs. It kind of defeats the purpose when you've all got region free players over there... <_< Looks like the rest of the world is disobeying America's Capitalist Iron Fist again...oh noes. :rolleyes: (Anyhow, is my envy apparent enough yet? :P)

Anyway, YAY LIVE SCALE YAY YAY YAY
2007 Cosplays: Yamato Nakano (Loveless), Gatomon/Tailmon (Digimon)

#34 User is offline   mini godzilla 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9959
  • Posts: 376
  • Joined: 21-March 07
  • Location:plainfield,IL

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:27 AM

When is the meet up anyway?
SELLING
Everything from posters, wall scrolls, games, manga, clothes, jrock magazines, etc for cheap
click HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#35 User is offline   aoi umi 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 6726
  • Posts: 47
  • Joined: 08-April 06

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:32 PM

Yes, and where? XD;; We still need to determine these as they're slightly critical...
2007 Cosplays: Yamato Nakano (Loveless), Gatomon/Tailmon (Digimon)

#36 User is offline   Arachne 

  • Guest Handler Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3338
  • Posts: 99
  • Joined: 27-November 04

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:15 PM

Where, I think I have an answer for: they've added some nice seeting areas around the elevators on the second floor of the Hyatt, which would be an excellent place for a small number of people to meet and hang around. Just follow the music if you have trouble finding us. :D

As to when... probably... 9 pm-ish? On Saturday? Or could we do Friday? It seems like 90% of the posts in the Jrock thread are asking for Saturday night, and it's obviously a much larger gathering with more people to be pleased. If I'm organizing both of these I need to sort this out in a way that works for everyone. :\ And I need to do it extremely soon (like NOW >_<) because Renegade Pocky needs all the times and locations by midnight tomorrow. Personally, either night is okay for either for me, just not the same night!! D: (That is, one on Friday the other on Saturday.)

my  is a REMOTE CONTROL

View Postangrypata said:

BLAAARGH BLOOD AND BABY INTESTINES ZETSUBOU ZETSUBOU HEY IS MY EYELINER OKAY


#37 User is offline   maskalade 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9432
  • Posts: 58
  • Joined: 18-February 07
  • Location:Liverpool, United Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2007 - 10:47 AM

View PostArachne, on May 5 2007, 06:15 AM, said:

Where, I think I have an answer for: they've added some nice seeting areas around the elevators on the second floor of the Hyatt, which would be an excellent place for a small number of people to meet and hang around. Just follow the music if you have trouble finding us. :D

As to when... probably... 9 pm-ish? On Saturday? Or could we do Friday? It seems like 90% of the posts in the Jrock thread are asking for Saturday night, and it's obviously a much larger gathering with more people to be pleased. If I'm organizing both of these I need to sort this out in a way that works for everyone. :\ And I need to do it extremely soon (like NOW >_<) because Renegade Pocky needs all the times and locations by midnight tomorrow. Personally, either night is okay for either for me, just not the same night!! D: (That is, one on Friday the other on Saturday.)

I would much much rather do this one on Saturday, personally. I'm flying in on a 9hour flight, will be queueing for my badge, and it's high chance the SPASPA/H&MC concert'll be on the Friday evening. I'm going to be KNACKERED on Friday night. ;-; while I probably will be there for the JRock meetup, I'll be very poorly rested for it XD I'd like to be fully rested for this meetup. Meeting DA Family fans is RARRRE.
9PM would be an ideal time, I think!
Q. Who're SPIRAL SPIDERS?
A: A six-man band fronted by Gravitation OP singer Yosuke Sakanoue
http://www.myspace.com/spaspa

Q.Who's Yosuke Sakanoue?
A: a 26 year old who hates his ex-boss and writes songs about ANARCHYYYY IN ZA TOKYOOOO CITTYYYY
http://sakkan.livejournal.com

#38 User is offline   Arachne 

  • Guest Handler Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3338
  • Posts: 99
  • Joined: 27-November 04

Posted 05 May 2007 - 08:59 PM

View Postmaskalade, on May 5 2007, 04:47 PM, said:

I would much much rather do this one on Saturday, personally. I'm flying in on a 9hour flight, will be queueing for my badge, and it's high chance the SPASPA/H&MC concert'll be on the Friday evening. I'm going to be KNACKERED on Friday night. ;-; while I probably will be there for the JRock meetup, I'll be very poorly rested for it XD I'd like to be fully rested for this meetup. Meeting DA Family fans is RARRRE.
9PM would be an ideal time, I think!


Well, since there have been no replies in the Jrock thread, I think I'll set the Jrock meet-up for earlier in the day on Saturday. :3

So, the time and place for this gathering shall be!!!!:

Saturday at 9:00 PM at one of the seating areas by the elevators on the second floor of the Hyatt. They'll be music if you're having trouble finding us. :3

Now I'll go post this to the gathering list thread. :D

my  is a REMOTE CONTROL

View Postangrypata said:

BLAAARGH BLOOD AND BABY INTESTINES ZETSUBOU ZETSUBOU HEY IS MY EYELINER OKAY


#39 User is offline   Nola 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9552
  • Posts: 12
  • Joined: 26-February 07
  • Location:Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:08 AM

I'll be bringing SPASPA's CD+DVD, plus one CD with one of their cover songs (Kozo Murashita. And yes, I spent about $40 for that one song).
Plus a little single the keyboardist of Spiral Spiders made, that was used in a children's show xDDD. Featuring a bandicoot!
And I'll bring an access photobook and single (w/dvd) of their newest single/tour!!

So we've established the day, but when's the exact time?

EDIT: Got it xDD
SPIRAL SPIDERS Official MySpace!
http://www.myspace.com/spaspa
^Go add them!

Yosuke Sakanoue (SUPER DRIVE singer/frontman of SPIRAL SPIDERS)'s LiveJournal community
http://www.livejourn...om/users/sakkan

SPIRAL SPIDERS Official Website
http://www.spiralspiders.com/

Go see them at the concert!!

#40 User is offline   mini godzilla 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9959
  • Posts: 376
  • Joined: 21-March 07
  • Location:plainfield,IL

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:37 PM

Cool we've got a meeting time I think I was supposed to do something else at 9 but oh well this is so much better ;D

I'm bring the Iceman live scale 1997 dvd region 2 encoded someone else needs to bring something to play it on though! I'm also going to burn a dvd with all the pv's I can fit on there.
Can't wait to see you guys there!
SELLING
Everything from posters, wall scrolls, games, manga, clothes, jrock magazines, etc for cheap
click HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#41 User is offline   aoi umi 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 6726
  • Posts: 47
  • Joined: 08-April 06

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:59 PM

Whee! I'm excited. I'm just going to try and bring all the related computer files I can, and maybe that doujinshi. And DVD burning capabilities, but like I said, I don't think my computer can read R2. :(
2007 Cosplays: Yamato Nakano (Loveless), Gatomon/Tailmon (Digimon)

#42 User is offline   maskalade 

  • Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9432
  • Posts: 58
  • Joined: 18-February 07
  • Location:Liverpool, United Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:47 PM

View Postmini godzilla, on May 6 2007, 10:37 PM, said:

Cool we've got a meeting time I think I was supposed to do something else at 9 but oh well this is so much better ;D

I'm bring the Iceman live scale 1997 dvd region 2 encoded someone else needs to bring something to play it on though! I'm also going to burn a dvd with all the pv's I can fit on there.
Can't wait to see you guys there!


No problemo, my lappy plays R2 stuff. :3 Is the DVD under 2 hours long? (that's all my battery length, right there. Unless we manage to sit near a plug or something)
This is gonna be ace. Can't wait to meet up with you guys! : D
Q. Who're SPIRAL SPIDERS?
A: A six-man band fronted by Gravitation OP singer Yosuke Sakanoue
http://www.myspace.com/spaspa

Q.Who's Yosuke Sakanoue?
A: a 26 year old who hates his ex-boss and writes songs about ANARCHYYYY IN ZA TOKYOOOO CITTYYYY
http://sakkan.livejournal.com

#43 User is offline   mini godzilla 

  • Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9959
  • Posts: 376
  • Joined: 21-March 07
  • Location:plainfield,IL

Posted 06 May 2007 - 06:35 PM

View Postmaskalade, on May 6 2007, 05:47 PM, said:

No problemo, my lappy plays R2 stuff. :3 Is the DVD under 2 hours long? (that's all my battery length, right there. Unless we manage to sit near a plug or something)
This is gonna be ace. Can't wait to meet up with you guys! : D

The back of the dvd says it's 58 minutes long
SELLING
Everything from posters, wall scrolls, games, manga, clothes, jrock magazines, etc for cheap
click HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#44 User is offline   flying_teapot 

  • Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 2349
  • Posts: 27
  • Joined: 17-May 04
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:37 PM

Hey, I know I'm coming onto this thread a bit late, but I'm definitely going to try to be at this gathering. DA's awesome! :D This sounds like it'll be a lot of fun!
Acen 2005 - Kagura Sohma
Acen 2007 - Riza Hawkeye
Acen 2008 - Riza Hawkeye
Acen 2009 - Riza Hawkeye

  • 2 Pages +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users