Anime Central Forums: If You Have Not Gotten A Reg Confirmation Or Completion Yet, Read Here Before You Post A New Thread.... - Anime Central Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

If You Have Not Gotten A Reg Confirmation Or Completion Yet, Read Here Before You Post A New Thread....

#211 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:32 AM

I have a friend who didn't get a confirmation email

Sean Bellville
fushicho05@yahoo.com
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#212 User is offline   astaldo 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10050

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:40 AM

That would be me that Xenoblade was talking about I have an account now.

#213 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 3428

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:50 AM

Alright all new requests are done.
Lynn Hunt
Anime Central 2010 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison and Acquisitions
Anime Central 2009 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison, ADH Guest Relations Operations
Anime Central 2004-2008 Panel Programming Assistant Department Head

#214 User is offline   RaDragon76 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 5441

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:55 AM

View PostIllia Sadri, on May 8 2007, 03:36 PM, said:

Unfortunately I do not have that information. That is why if something is missing I need the attendee to send it. Money issues are handled by a select few in the con and rightfully so. Also the fact that I am in Wi, not IL and would take forever to do anything does not help.

Could you not contact the person in charge of that aspect to get the verification you're needing to complete her registration and get her confirmation to her before Thursday? Seems it would be a simpler way to go about things to me.

#215 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:00 PM

View PostRaDragon76, on May 8 2007, 05:55 PM, said:

Could you not contact the person in charge of that aspect to get the verification you're needing to complete her registration and get her confirmation to her before Thursday? Seems it would be a simpler way to go about things to me.

Unfortunately that would mean going through thousands of transactions and pinpointing. There's be the ingoing and outgoing money.... It would be very hard to do this late into things even if I did have access or got the person who could do that. Banks usually require preparation time to give out documents etc.

Bsically anybody with payment issues all I am asking is that they provide a copy of the cancelled check which they can get from their financial institution or in the case of a credit card transaction a copy of the statement with that transaction.

I am doing what I can but there's not very many other options open unfortunately.
Lynn Hunt
Anime Central 2009 Guest Relations/Programming Liaison, ADH Guest Relations Operations

#216 User is offline   khenemetset 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5454

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:04 PM

CapsuleCorp doesn't have payment issues though. She was not in the computer. So that problem lays with your system not with her. I don't see anyone else who doesn't have confirmation being to to cough up all kind of information dealing with payment aside of payment method.

Beryl was supposed to have taken care of this for her several weeks ago. You guys are so disorganized it's pathetic.

#217 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:31 PM

I don't know why this was not taken care of some time ago. It is our system. I acknowledge that. I have taken care of multiple people who are not in the system. I did not write the database and have no clue what bugs were creating issues. There have beena few staffers trying to debug it, but they were originally IRT and stepped up. They are trying. I can fix it but cannot do so unless I can get the information needed to fix the situation. I have stated this multiple times.

However first to do that I simply need a proof of payment. And then the personal information to add to the database. I have to do it manually. I am glad to do it, but I can't just blindly accept those who have not gotten a payment. That is far too risky. Hence why I simply say give me documentation and I will fix it pretty much immediately upon receiving.

But pelase do not bash the entire staff. As I keep saying, most are not involved in the problems here. I am here trying to help to the best of my power. I am being honest in what I can and cannot do. There's just limits I can do out of my field with no notice and being just one person. And I am doing this at the expense of studying for finals. Same goes for the guys who were working on repairing the database as it was buggy code but they are also full time students with responsibilities to their department. And the reason is that yes there are major problems and I don't want to have angry attendees at the convention if I can do something to help them.

I am trying, but please don't gang up on me beause I have not ignored capulecorp personally. I can't fix problems beforehand, but can only try to make it right.
Lynn Hunt

#218 User is offline   HiddenKrypt 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 3019

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:31 PM

Hi!

My name is Travis Clark, email HiddenKrypt@gmail.com

My group number is BM-475 and the payment was sent back during tier 1 (beginning March)
Anyways, my credit card was charged and my group was listed as "completed" but when I logged in to print out the sheet, it said that the status was "HOLD"

I also never received email confirmation, other than something saying that my Groups status had changed.

Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks!

#219 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:42 PM

View PostHiddenKrypt, on May 8 2007, 07:31 PM, said:

Hi!

My name is Travis Clark, email HiddenKrypt@gmail.com

My group number is BM-475 and the payment was sent back during tier 1 (beginning March)
Anyways, my credit card was charged and my group was listed as "completed" but when I logged in to print out the sheet, it said that the status was "HOLD"

I also never received email confirmation, other than something saying that my Groups status had changed.

Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks!

It seems to be a glitch because a lot of people have a group which looks to have an on hold status but all members in the group are entered individually as complete. So you should be fine. I have no clue what bit of code is causing this but we should remedy it by next year.
Lynn Hunt

#220 User is offline   hiryuu97 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 3728

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:56 PM

I registered back in early March. My check had cleared March 22nd. I had paid for a specialty badge as well as the mail option. As of noon May 8th, I have not yet received confirmation and when I checked my registration status on-line it still shows as "submitted". I'm sure I filled in all the appropriate fields when I filled out the registration form so I don't know what the hold-up is. I'm also concered that I may now miss out on the special badge and may have to pay even more money to get a replacement when this whole registration thing is out of my hands for the most part.

My name is Jonathan Gebert
My primary email is dragon_guru1@yahoo.com. Although I can't remember if this is the one I used during registration.

Please get back to me ASAP. as I'll be leaving for Chicago early Thurday, May 10th.

Thanks.
"The truth is........I'm a mango."

#221 User is offline   waterfaerie05 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8609

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:27 PM

Can someone please tell me something about this entire situation?

I've said it before and I feel like I'm being a bother, but I'm just too paranoid and the con is WAY too close for me to be anything else.

I registered around Jan/Feb
Mailed in right after registration opened
Using a credit card to pay

The card was charged, but I haven't recieved ANY other sort of confirmation that Anything was recieved. No Confirmation E-mail. No badge in the mail. No sort of sign of anything. At this point, I'm going hysterical.
My name is Mollie Diedrich. My e-mail is Chinesecat5@yahoo.com and waterfaerie05@hotmail.com
If anyone could help me out on this I'd be much appreciative.
Because I need some kind of confirmation about this or at least some sort of information about what's going on.
Thanks.

-Release the Inner Fangirl-

"I've laid my memories and dreams upon those wings
Leave them now and see what tomorrow brings."
-Melodies of Life, FF9

:heart: Waterfaerie05 :heart:

#222 User is offline   komiko 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10935

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:55 PM

Whimsy- Chan,
Thank you sooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!! I appreciate it! You are my new best friend. :lol: YOU ROCK!!

#223 User is offline   youngamer03 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6273

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:13 PM

Illia Sadri thanks so much for trying.

#224 User is offline   PepeluTivursky 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 8314

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:35 PM

View Postyoungamer03, on May 8 2007, 09:13 PM, said:

Illia Sadri thanks so much for trying.

I agree! :)
"It could be worse. There could be zombies."
My Cosplay.com Profile | Kentucky Geeky LJ Community

Cosplay for '09
Katsura Kotonoha - School Days | Fumika - Shigofumi | Maya Fey - Phoenix Wright | Enma Ai - Jigoku Shoujo | Yako Katsuragi - Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro

#225 User is offline   RaDragon76 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:24 PM

View PostIllia Sadri, on May 8 2007, 06:00 PM, said:

Unfortunately that would mean going through thousands of transactions and pinpointing. There's be the ingoing and outgoing money.... It would be very hard to do this late into things even if I did have access or got the person who could do that. Banks usually require preparation time to give out documents etc.

Bsically anybody with payment issues all I am asking is that they provide a copy of the cancelled check which they can get from their financial institution or in the case of a credit card transaction a copy of the statement with that transaction.

I am doing what I can but there's not very many other options open unfortunately.

Actually, you could give the bank the exact date the transaction was made and the check number and they could tell you if it was there or not. I've done it myself in the past. It's not looking though a thousand plus transactions for the entire month or week. it's not more difficult then getting a copy of a cancelled check which most institutions have stopped doing since almost everything is done electronically nowadays.

Be that as it may: Couldn't you at least give her the benefit of the doubt, enter her information into the system, put a note saying payment needs to be verified and send her a confirmation email so she can pick up her badge on Thursday with the rest of us?

As for Khene's comment that you (collectively the staff) are disorginized it happens to be truth. I've never seen the ACen staff so disorginized since I started attending the convention. I'm not saying you are, mind you. just that the staff could stand some improvement I hope things get better for you next year.

#226 User is offline   HiddenKrypt 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 3019

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:09 PM

Thanks for all the help!

#227 User is offline   Illia Sadri 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:12 PM

I don't understand what part of I have no access and that the person with access is not availiable is unable to go through. Also depending on when a transaction goes through, it still takes searching. Right before a deadline in particular has a lot of transactions all at once. It still required the time to go through the transactions and determine even for a specific day who is who. Yes, the reg system had major issues, but that does not negate the need of cooperation by the wronged attendee to fix their problem.

Also any bank if asked can produce copies of a cancelled check. They usually do it in the span of 24-48 hours. In some cases I have asked for them to send statements and then show say the carbon copy of the check to show it matches. Those without scanners would use their cameras to photograph their registration information and as long as I could read it it was something I was fine with. I am not so set in stone that I cannot make do with various ways to proove that something was done but again I need the other party to work with me as well.

And it is possible to add to the system if I have information. I don't have all of the information I need so it is a bit hard to do that. And at this point if capsulecorp, who wasn't even interested with dealing with me at all is not posting, then the matter is closed unless she initiates. I can try to work with her and am glad to do so but it is not helping to have other people jumping in and making assumptions of how things should be done. Everyone else has been incredibly cooperative and I am sure they will say I have done my best in all of their cases to help them. It's a two way street.

So in short, CapsuleCorp can handle her own issue with me personally or she will always have the option of bringing it to the registration desk on thursday and speaking with the people there.

View PostRaDragon76, on May 8 2007, 10:24 PM, said:

Actually, you could give the bank the exact date the transaction was made and the check number and they could tell you if it was there or not. I've done it myself in the past. It's not looking though a thousand plus transactions for the entire month or week. it's not more difficult then getting a copy of a cancelled check which most institutions have stopped doing since almost everything is done electronically nowadays.

Be that as it may: Couldn't you at least give her the benefit of the doubt, enter her information into the system, put a note saying payment needs to be verified and send her a confirmation email so she can pick up her badge on Thursday with the rest of us?

As for Khene's comment that you (collectively the staff) are disorginized it happens to be truth. I've never seen the ACen staff so disorginized since I started attending the convention. I'm not saying you are, mind you. just that the staff could stand some improvement I hope things get better for you next year.

Lynn Hunt

#228 User is offline   Neonraver247 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 9839

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:59 PM

Don't mean to be a bother, but I have a question. I paid in 1st tier and everything, and I have a confirmation email (or I hope it is, since it says "This message is a confirmation that you have registered for Anime Central 2007"), but I just checked my regestration status and it still says submitted. Is this just because it didn't get updated, or is it really a problem?
ACEN 2010:
Friday: Lolita w/ dolls in tow
Saturday: Vergil (DMC)
Sunday: Idk... Vergil or lolita. Whichever one I feel is less work lol.

#229 User is offline   CapsuleCorp 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9343

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

View PostIllia Sadri, on May 8 2007, 06:12 PM, said:

And at this point if capsulecorp, who wasn't even interested with dealing with me at all is not posting, then the matter is closed unless she initiates. I can try to work with her and am glad to do so but it is not helping to have other people jumping in and making assumptions of how things should be done. Everyone else has been incredibly cooperative and I am sure they will say I have done my best in all of their cases to help them. It's a two way street.

So in short, CapsuleCorp can handle her own issue with me personally or she will always have the option of bringing it to the registration desk on thursday and speaking with the people there.

All right, you have gone beyond pissing me off.

I have a job in a warehouse at a sewing machine, I DO NOT sit at a computer all day! I don't get to check my email until late at night, so the fact that I haven't logged in today to babysit my registration issue has nothing to do with not wanting to deal with you or case closed. The case is NOT CLOSED. I have a paper copy of my check sitting here next to me, received TODAY, it was cashed by MAPS on 3/7/07 and I have NO WAY of getting you a copy of this check until I arrive in Chicago Thursday. Good god, you do NOT want me standing in line and getting to the reg desk and having them tell me my info isn't in the system. I will do something violent, I swear.

I can't give you a copy of this check now. My online banking does not allow me to copy down the image of the check so I can play with it in photoshop and email it to you. I simply printed it off their javascript and now you have to take my word for it that it's sitting on my desk here and I will be waving it in the faces of every staffer from here to kingdom come on Thursday.

I PM'd Beryl eight days ago with the information he asked me to provide, to enter me into the system. I have a copy of his PM and mine. He has not responded, nor has there been any indication that my information is entered. I have no confirmation. Nothing. I will resend my PM to him AND you, Illia, and probably copy in a couple other staffers in case SOMEONE can enter that information where it belongs. I want some kind of confirmation sent to my address (mycapsulecorp@gmail.com) sometime before noon on Thursday indicating that the information has been entered and my badge, which I paid for back in March, will be waiting for me when I go to pick it up. Even if it's a one-line personal email from a staffer who can be quoted by name when I get there with my check and that email in hand.

I am very angry that I've been treated with disrespect, and I promise you this is the last time I will attend ACen until every staffer involved in the fiasco that caused my registration to disappear into the void is removed from their position. (which doesn't mean you, Illia, but treating my friends like crap for sticking up for me on their own accord - I didn't ask them to do that - as well as inferring that I was ignoring you, requires an apology) This problem could have been fixed well over a week ago and wasn't, and now it's ruined my entire convention experience before I even get in the door. Thanks for nothing, ACen.
www.strangelandcostumes.com

#230 User is offline   Catwho 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 5914

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:02 PM

EDIT OF DOOM: I received my confirmation email today, and I had requested to have my badge mailed out, but if it was just processed today I hope someone didn't try to mail it to Georgia in two days . . .
FFXI~Catwho of Bismarck :: A bunch of jobs at level 99 :: Gjallarhorn Bard For Life
FFXIV~ Catwho of Balmung :: Baby THM 35 and not much else
www.catwho.net
Find me on Fanfiction.net as well!

#231 User is offline   Lordi 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 1745

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:18 AM

Alright - I've spent most of the night trying to be the registration fairy and help as much as I can.

First and foremost, I want to announce that the CapsuleCorp issue has been resolved! HUZZAH!

The other people below have also been helped tonight -

Waterfaerie - pm me back with that info and i'll get you set

Hiryuu97 - make sure you bring that with you to Acen

Hiddenkrypt - your group shows as being complete in the database

Xenoblade - your friend is not in the system - pm me with his info and i'll see what i can do to speed it along

Doctor Gonzo - You're all set - See you at con!
Leader of the Plushie Eaters Alliance (PEA)!

#232 User is offline   Neonraver247 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 9839

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:03 AM

*sigh* but no answers for me...
ACEN 2010:
Friday: Lolita w/ dolls in tow
Saturday: Vergil (DMC)
Sunday: Idk... Vergil or lolita. Whichever one I feel is less work lol.

#233 User is offline   Riffy 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 8903

Post icon  Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:32 AM

Sorry wrong place for this.

#234 User is offline   Timesprite 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10767

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:16 AM

At this late stage in the game, I don't really expect a reply, though I am fairly annoyed that the request I posted a week ago was seemingly ignored (people who posted before and after me got replies, I did not), and I'd really rather give them a confirmation number than have to smack someone over the head with my bank statement and the copies of the cashed check my bank provided.

Name: Andrea Smieja
email: ladyluck1407 AT gmail DOT com

Never received a confirmation notice, email, or anything. Only way I even know you guys *got* my (mailed in) request is because you cashed the check on March 7th. Given the number of people who've been posting here whose checks were cashed at the same time, I really wonder if someone dropped the ball with that batch of emails...

#235 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:52 PM

posting hear to make shore you get it Illia Sadri
heres the pic of the check

http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e149/cor...=bank_check.jpg
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#236 User is offline   CapsuleCorp 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9343

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:10 PM

My eternal gratitude to Lordi. My registration has been resolved, and I have a printed confirmation. That and my check will be coming with me tomorrow and happiness will abound. Thank you Lordi for the fast fix.

Timesprite - PM Lordi if nothing else. He'll get on it in a timely manner.

(that is very suspicious, that other checks cashed the same day as mine also seem to have had the registration info lost...)
www.strangelandcostumes.com

#237 User is offline   Kage Kitsune 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11078

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:38 PM

I have not gotten a confrimation. I'm Chealsey and my email is clthomas@iastate.edu. If I show up to prereg. pick up tomorrow will I still be able to register?

#238 User is offline   RaDragon76 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:47 PM

Illia- First off I understood completely what you were saying and I was attempting to give you advice for future reference only in case this sort of thing happened again. I hate it when people assume I'm stupid or didn't understand their posting. I also hate it when people assume that I'm trying to force feed them suggestions. Secondly, I was helping out CapsuleCorp of my own accord. She did not ask me to help but I felt compelled to because she's my friend and the whole situation has already put a damper on the convention for us. (Not that I wasn't already annoy with some staffers here before then but this was just the icing on the cake for me.)

#239 User is offline   YKawashima 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7654

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:57 PM

10MarinelliK@students.northsideprep.org - Katie
Please if possible send me an email so I will have something to show if I need to on Thurs/Fri

#240 User is offline   hiryuu97 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 3728

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:42 PM

Lordi and Illia, thank you so much for your quick response yesturday.
"The truth is........I'm a mango."

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users