Thursday Cosplay? Does anyone do it? o.o

#61 User is offline   Izuro 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 4277

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:43 PM

View PostOneWing, on May 4 2007, 05:51 PM, said:

WHOA I LOVE THIS IDEA I think there is no option other than meeting up in the lobby and walking together, because 1) It will be dark out and cosplayers WILL get shot if they're completely alone on the streets of Rosemont >< lol so yea, definitely this is going to change. I'll repost in bold large letters. Thank you for such a wonderful idea! And thanks for wearing that that's so cool =D but wear what YOU want to of course.

R-Really?? =D I'm glad I asked then! ^-^ Yayyy~ I'm excited!! =D I REALLY hope nothing hinders me from joining this meetup DDD:

And don't worry! BELIEVE ME~ There's no costume I want to wear more than Silabus~ <3 And he's coming along nicely, so that should be fine for Thursday ^-^

Just need to worry about my little sister's Sakubo costume ^-^;;
ACen 2011:
- Hinata Hideki, "Angel Beats!" and Fujisaki Yusuke ('Bossun'), "SKET Dance"

ACen 2012:
- Kihara Atsuro, "Devil Survivor"

#62 User is offline   Miyuka 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 10248

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:19 PM

I haven't worn my Shuichi in awhile so I'll probably pull it out Thurs since it's simple. Just the damn belts on the thing never stay up >< (red-leather version) And don't hit me in the face if I scream "YUKI" 600 times. I'm an in-character person :3 haha.

#63 User is offline   kalajessta 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 6679

Posted 05 May 2007 - 08:08 PM

I'm slightly tempted, but I'm really sick of McD's food. I think I've been eating it for the past 3 conventions straight, let alone I've worked there for over 5 years *coughs* but we'll see on my mood and what I'm doing on Thursday.
2008 ACen Cosplays:

Riku -
Blood+
Robin -Le Chevalier D'eon
James - Pokemon
Odin - Romeo x Juliet
Asch the Bloody(Viscount)- Tales of the Abyss
Rossiu -Tengen Toppa Gurren-Laggann

I take plush and costume commissions: http://kalajessta.deviantart.com/

#64 User is offline   ShinimegamiZero 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9113

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:56 PM

I'm debating wearing my Band of Princes Gakuto costume from Prince of Tennis on Thursday. It's just normal clothing with a wig, but it's still a costume nonetheless. It's looking like I'll be spending my time in line waiting with the other people who didn't get their badges in the mail on time unless there's a postal miracle and it gets here by Wednesday.
Cosplay.com Gallery

Anime Central 2007
Ulquiorra - Bleach
Mukahi Gakuto - Prince of Tennis Musical Dream Live 3rd

#65 User is offline   OneWing 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3929

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:25 AM

View PostLady Tenkage, on May 4 2007, 08:04 PM, said:

Anybody mind if a convention ninja tags along? I'll be serving ninja-stickery wrath.

Soy Sauce: I gots an ideaz for yer duel, if yer interested... Since you don't have any monsters handy, you could use random cosplayers as your creatures, and make up attacks for them. Just an idea, tho'.

Absolutely you can come! It would be wonderful. I'll be the only ninja there so far O_O so it would be awesome =D

View PostBurijit, on May 4 2007, 08:18 PM, said:

Wow, hm now I'm torn on wether I want to go to steak n shake, or this, Cosplaying in Mcdonalds will be fun, but damn! What's a Bridget to do! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! P.S. Mind if a Male Bridget tags along if I'm talked into this? =x

Of course. The more the merrier. I want that McDonalds to be so full that the building explodes on to the street! XD

View PostIzuro, on May 4 2007, 10:43 PM, said:

R-Really?? =D I'm glad I asked then! ^-^ Yayyy~ I'm excited!! =D I REALLY hope nothing hinders me from joining this meetup DDD:

And don't worry! BELIEVE ME~ There's no costume I want to wear more than Silabus~ <3 And he's coming along nicely, so that should be fine for Thursday ^-^

Just need to worry about my little sister's Sakubo costume ^-^;;

Yea, it was a fantastic idea, a much MUCH safer one too. But, NOTE TO EVERYONE - if there are any drive bys, GET THE LICENSE PLATE NUMBER o_______o

View PostMiyuka, on May 5 2007, 06:19 PM, said:

I haven't worn my Shuichi in awhile so I'll probably pull it out Thurs since it's simple. Just the damn belts on the thing never stay up >< (red-leather version) And don't hit me in the face if I scream "YUKI" 600 times. I'm an in-character person :3 haha.

I'm an in character person too! =D I can't wait to show people my 2 new ninjutsu moves as Kakashi. They're fabulous. Literally. So yea, I won't hit you in the face. I may throw a parfait at you though XD don't worry because they're SO FREAKING SMALL :@ grr XD

View Postkalajessta, on May 5 2007, 09:08 PM, said:

I'm slightly tempted, but I'm really sick of McD's food. I think I've been eating it for the past 3 conventions straight, let alone I've worked there for over 5 years *coughs* but we'll see on my mood and what I'm doing on Thursday.

Honestly I can't stand McDonald's either. Thank you for reminding me lol. But, for a meet like this, I'm so willing to make an exception. I have to eat and there's no other way for me to alternately, especially that late in the day. But I can't wait for this meet, it's grown so much I'm so excited :'D

View PostShinimegamiZero, on May 6 2007, 01:56 PM, said:

I'm debating wearing my Band of Princes Gakuto costume from Prince of Tennis on Thursday. It's just normal clothing with a wig, but it's still a costume nonetheless. It's looking like I'll be spending my time in line waiting with the other people who didn't get their badges in the mail on time unless there's a postal miracle and it gets here by Wednesday.

Well, I tell everyone this, but I wouldn't worry. When it's Wednesday, I'll worry. And if I don't get mine, I'm just going to go anyway and carry my receipts. If they stop me, then I'll go get one or something. I dunno, does the registration close after everyone gets a badge or something? That would seem stupid since people get there at all different times, and a lot of people also don't even come to the forum or are up to date or anything at all so yea. I dunno, I'm the kinda person that fights the man lol. But I still respect the staff. They have a big job, and the poor people barely get to enjoy the convention itself =( that's why I never want to become one but gah sorry I'm way off topic. I think you should wear Prince of Tennis. I've wanted to see that cosplay, but I mean it's totally up to you. It would be awesome though =D
I am "flowin' with life in a warrior type manner." || Forgive and forget. :) || Proud Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate <3
Previous cosplay: '05: Cloud from FFVII:AC '07: Thu+Fri: Kakashi | Fri Masq Ball: Reno (FFVII:AC) | Sat: Cloud (FFVII:AC) | Sun: Uriel (Angel Sanctuary)
Cosplay for '08: Thurs: Casual Kenashi-Sama[/u] | Fri: Cloud FFVIIAC (surprise saved for '09) | Sat: Solid Snake + Z.O.E. box - MGS1 version FOR MASQ
Cosplay for '09: Locke - Final Fantasy VI || Vamp - MGS4 || Cosplay for '10: Kuja ;3
//Thank you so much to the people who like my cosplay, it means a lot - and glomps to the people who freaking knew my Z.O.E. box for Snake!\\
ACen 2008 Walk-Ons: My Solid Snake: http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3737 || My wonderful friends as Malice Mizer (<3 Kami): http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3718

#66 User is offline   Izuro 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4277

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:41 AM

View PostOneWing, on May 8 2007, 08:25 AM, said:

Yea, it was a fantastic idea, a much MUCH safer one too. But, NOTE TO EVERYONE - if there are any drive bys, GET THE LICENSE PLATE NUMBER o_______o

D... Drive bys? :D;;;
ACen 2011:
- Hinata Hideki, "Angel Beats!" and Fujisaki Yusuke ('Bossun'), "SKET Dance"

ACen 2012:
- Kihara Atsuro, "Devil Survivor"

#67 User is offline   silent serenity 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9875

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:02 AM

View PostOneWing, on May 4 2007, 01:22 PM, said:

NEW THURSDAY COSPLAY MCDONALDS MEETUP UPDATE!

We will all be meeting in the lobby at 8:30 PM of the Hyatt and walk together in as close to one or 2 groups to McDonalds so none of us cosplayers get shot in the dark XD

Oh yay! Now I don't have to worry about my friend and I having horrible senses of direction and getting lost trying to get to probably one of the easiest places around.

#68 User is offline   Mecha_Shadow 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 5680

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:33 PM

Heh I'll probably be halfway cosplayed, most likely wear my Organization XIII coat, but won't bother spiking my hair or carrying my chakram. It's fun to dress up the night before, it helps to get you in the mood for the con :3 Mitsuwa run for the win!
Cosplay plans for 2014:
Mega Evolution Absol
Fat blood elf warlock returns!

#69 User is offline   HaruHE 

• Calendar Angel
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 10773

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:42 PM

Awesome, I remember when Mcdonalds around here was havin the 59 cent hamburger day, place nearly got overrun with bums and people looking for a cheap deal, so I have an idea as to what I'm in for. ^^ This oughta be fun. I can't wait.
Once more returned to the forums. 2013 ideas:
Hieda No Akyu: Project Touhou
Shadow Yukiko Amagi: Persona 4
Kyouko Sakura (Magic form): Magi Madoka Magica

#70 User is offline   kalajessta 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6679

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:42 PM

View PostBurijit, on May 8 2007, 08:42 PM, said:

Awesome, I remember when Mcdonalds around here was havin the 59 cent hamburger day, place nearly got overrun with bums and people looking for a cheap deal, so I have an idea as to what I'm in for. ^^ This oughta be fun. I can't wait.

I use to work then at McD's... then again, I worked there for 5 years so alot has changed.
2008 ACen Cosplays:

Riku -
Blood+
Robin -Le Chevalier D'eon
James - Pokemon
Odin - Romeo x Juliet
Asch the Bloody(Viscount)- Tales of the Abyss
Rossiu -Tengen Toppa Gurren-Laggann

I take plush and costume commissions: http://kalajessta.deviantart.com/

#71 User is offline   HeavyArms Dan 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 7811

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:18 PM

Don't be surprised if you see three people walking around with 1: A Daft Punk Helmet, 2: A Gundam Helmet, and 3: A Trianna Orpheus Wig around the pre-reg pickup area on Thursday.

#72 User is offline   OneWing 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3929

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:01 AM

View PostHeavyArms Dan, on May 8 2007, 09:18 PM, said:

Don't be surprised if you see three people walking around with 1: A Daft Punk Helmet,

HeavyArms Dan. You will let me take a picture of this person. You will.

*MAJOR Daft fan.*wants own helmet ((both of them)) someday...when has $1,000-10,000...however much they cost T_T*
I am "flowin' with life in a warrior type manner." || Forgive and forget. :) || Proud Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate <3
Previous cosplay: '05: Cloud from FFVII:AC '07: Thu+Fri: Kakashi | Fri Masq Ball: Reno (FFVII:AC) | Sat: Cloud (FFVII:AC) | Sun: Uriel (Angel Sanctuary)
Cosplay for '08: Thurs: Casual Kenashi-Sama[/u] | Fri: Cloud FFVIIAC (surprise saved for '09) | Sat: Solid Snake + Z.O.E. box - MGS1 version FOR MASQ
Cosplay for '09: Locke - Final Fantasy VI || Vamp - MGS4 || Cosplay for '10: Kuja ;3
//Thank you so much to the people who like my cosplay, it means a lot - and glomps to the people who freaking knew my Z.O.E. box for Snake!\\
ACen 2008 Walk-Ons: My Solid Snake: http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3737 || My wonderful friends as Malice Mizer (<3 Kami): http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3718

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users