• This topic is locked

Thursday Cosplay? Does anyone do it? o.o

#1 User is offline   one-wing 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10338

Posted 19 April 2007 - 12:10 AM

I've been meaning to post this topic forever, does anyone who goes the night before cosplay at all on Thursday or late Thursday night? I was going to go as Kakashi on Friday so I thought why not go as him Thursday too lol. Like, I would love to go to a random restaurant with my buddies (who are going as Appleseed on Friday) on Thursday and I sit down on the chair like Kakashi does on a tree branch or something XD

Oh well, maybe it's not that great of an idea, but yes I would love other people's input! ^_^
Pending member of the Glomp Team (former Obi Wan Glompnobi, Jedi...curse inactivity >_<): Official Glomp Team Thread
Official Glomp Team Site

My MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/0newing
I have no friends help meh out! XD but only if you're going to actually try to be my friend. Read about me, see if you would want to :P

KAKASHI PHOTOSHOOT FRIDAY 1 PM!

Cosplay for '07:
Thursday & Friday: Hatake Kakashi (Naruto) - 25% - definitely going as Kakashi! :D - need to find wig and pants, need to buy vest, pants, wig & flirting paradise
Friday night for the Masquerade Ball: Reno (FFVII: Advent Children) - 90% - need wig and baton
Saturday: Cloud (FFVII: Advent Children) - 50% - I'm reinventing my cosplay of Cloud from '05 big time
Satuday mid-afternoon and (hopefully) walk-on for the Masquerade: Mr. ESC (EXIT on PSP) - 1% lol
Sunday: Casual Cloud

#2 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 19 April 2007 - 12:41 AM

Well not full costume but for the Mitsuwa meet up and the evening meetup I was going to wear the Danny Phantom shirt I made, possibly with my Dani Phantom wig, haven't decided yet. :) But since the shirt is based on Danny's costume in an episode it's semi-costume ;) But then again I've been known to walk around in a trenchcoat acting like Methos or in an 8-button shirt acting like Micky Dolenz so maybe I'm not the best barometer!

~MJ~
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#3 User is offline   one-wing 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:00 AM

Lol coo, well thanks for the reply! I almost forgot about Mitsuwa...I have to make it this year X_X can you direct me to that thread? I'm having trouble finding it, thanks :D
Pending member of the Glomp Team (former Obi Wan Glompnobi, Jedi...curse inactivity >_<): Official Glomp Team Thread
Official Glomp Team Site

I have no friends help meh out! XD but only if you're going to actually try to be my friend. Read about me, see if you would want to :P

Cosplay for '07:
Thursday & Friday: Hatake Kakashi (Naruto) - 25% - definitely going as Kakashi! :D - need to find wig and pants, need to buy vest, pants, wig & flirting paradise
Friday night for the Masquerade Ball: Reno (FFVII: Advent Children) - 90% - need wig and baton
Saturday: Cloud (FFVII: Advent Children) - 50% - I'm reinventing my cosplay of Cloud from '05 big time
Satuday mid-afternoon and (hopefully) walk-on for the Masquerade: Mr. ESC (EXIT on PSP) - 1% lol

#4 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:24 AM

If you haven't found it:
http://www.acen.org/...topic=16149&hl=
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#5 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 5659

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:58 AM

I plan on cosplaying thursday night.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Hungary: Hetalia
Fairy Tail
One Piece

#6 User is offline   Xenida 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 7493

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:11 AM

I'll be cosplaying on Thursday, I'll be Hatsuharu sohma version 2.0
I should be there around 6PM
Upcoming conventions:
ACEN, AnimeIowa, AWA

ACEN Cosplays:
Seto Kaiba (Yugioh)
Gerard (Fairy Tale)
Gaara or Panda Gaara
Hatsuharu (Fruits Basket)

Kakekage Gaara
"With Sand I can do anything"

#7 User is offline   silent serenity 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 9875

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:57 AM

Cosplay on Thursday? I haven't even considered it yet. I could probably just wear my regular clothes and claim to be dressed as Misa Amane from Death Note. Though, on Thursday, I'm not going to be going out or anything. Spending the night in my hotel room unless I just wander around the convention site, trying to get a better feel of everything.

#8 User is offline   one-wing 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:00 PM

Sweet! Looks like I'll be cosplaying Thursday too :D Are any of you meeting up in the lobby or at the con site or any specific place besides mitsuwa that's within walking distance? Like McD's or within the hotel itself?

Thanks for the replies everyone.

And thanks for the Mitsuwa thread.
Official Glomp Team Site

Cosplay for '07:

#9 User is offline   Xenida 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:17 PM

I'll be coming from work on Thursday, if anyone wants to meet somewhere to eat, I'll be up for that.
Upcoming conventions:
ACEN, AnimeIowa, AWA

ACEN Cosplays:
Seto Kaiba (Yugioh)
Gerard (Fairy Tale)
Gaara or Panda Gaara

Kakekage Gaara

#10 User is offline   one-wing 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:34 PM

Hey cool! Thanks, I noticed you're going as Gaara, and I'm guessing my group will be going to McD's down the road for lunch and dinner on Thursday lol, wanna pencil that in Xenida? We can get a picture too since I'll be Kakashi
Official Glomp Team Site

Cosplay for '07:

#11 User is offline   Xenida 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:45 PM

For Thursday I'll be going as Hatsuharu Sohma from Fruits Basket, but yah if you guys what to have dinner together, that's fine with me.
Upcoming conventions:
ACEN, AnimeIowa, AWA

ACEN Cosplays:
Seto Kaiba (Yugioh)
Gerard (Fairy Tale)
Gaara or Panda Gaara

Kakekage Gaara

#12 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:50 PM

I'll be cosplaying as SnJ version of Yoko Kurama. Depending where the group Excel Excel is setting up goes, I might join you.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#13 User is offline   KeiCai 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9242

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:50 PM

I'll be walking around Thursday night as L. =p My friend and I want to take some L-y photos with props that would be more difficult to bring to meets, so we planned to do that, and I'll also be out for a doll meet on Thursday night as well.
'09 Acen Cosplay:

Wolfram von Bielefeld [Kyou Kara Maou - Dress Uniform]
Shinou Heika [Kyou Kara Maou]
Remus Lupin [Harry Potter]

#14 User is offline   one-wing 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:07 PM

Well you would be welcome to join Kitsu! And you too KeiCai.

Well, I'm not 100% right now but does everyone want to sent a tentative meet for McDonalds Thursday at 6 PM?
Official Glomp Team Site

Cosplay for '07:

#15 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 4411

Posted 19 April 2007 - 03:27 PM

I might have to put on my cosplay quickly on thursday because someone else is cosplaying Dokuro-chan on thursday (and only thursday, where as, I cosplay dokuro the rest of the weekend). So I will be in costume breifly so we can get a pic of ourselves ^_^
♥ Amunet will move to Illinois! Coming Soon ♥
~ Captain of The Glomp Team ~
Official Thread of The Glomp Team ~ Click Here ~
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#16 User is offline   kahad 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 532

Posted 19 April 2007 - 03:34 PM

I'll be cosplaying Thursday night.
K-chan (nickname given by ngsilver)
Are YOU on my grilling list??? (Updated 9-26-2008)
Master Chef of the Great Otaku Army and Spam Squad member!!!
AMV Staff ACen 2005-2007, Panel Programming Staff ACen 2008-2012 :)
Maho! - not just a saying, a way of life.

#17 User is offline   seloy 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 2454

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:05 PM

I'll be cosplaying Thursday night as well. I'm wearing my Excel costume.
"Someday, if you're lucky, i'll introduce you to Seloy Deparra."
--Max Sterling, The Zentraedi Rebellion

2005 Pics-- http://photobucket.c...y242/congoblin/

2006 Pics--
http://www.flickr.co...s/14628745@N00/
OR
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/cong...02006/?start=40
(one you can read and leave comments, the other is just pics)

2007 Pics--
Flikr <--Pics w/ comments
OR
Photobucket <-- More pics fit on this site

Visit my DA page:
http://seloy.deviantart.com/
Or not.

#18 User is offline   one-wing 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:09 PM

View Postone-wing, on Apr 19 2007, 03:07 PM, said:

Well you would be welcome to join Kitsu! And you too KeiCai.

Well, I'm not 100% right now but does everyone want to sent a tentative meet for McDonalds Thursday at 6 PM?

Mmkay, great to see so many! Where is everyone going? And, to remind, how does a cosplay meeting at the McDonalds down the road sound for Thursday at 6 PM?
Official Glomp Team Site

Cosplay for '07:

#19 User is offline   OphanimGunner 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 4384

Posted 19 April 2007 - 05:40 PM

I'm probably going to be wearing Ashe around, or possibly Rasler. Mostly in an attempt to get decent photoshoot pictures. :P
Kazari (Kamen Rider OOO) - 90%
Akira Date (Kamen Rider OOO) - 85%
Ankh (Kamen Rider OOO) - 75%
Hopper!Sou Yaguruma (Kamen Rider Kabuto) - 75%
Daiki Kaito (Kamen Rider Decade) - 30%
Ryuunosuke Ikenami (Samurai Sentai Shinkenger) - 10%
Kuro (BLACK&WHITE) - 10%

#20 User is offline   Niona 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10488

Post icon  Posted 19 April 2007 - 06:16 PM

omg!!! i've always wanted to do something like that ... it'd be fun to see peoples reactions..... lol

#21 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 974

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:28 PM

I don't cosplay thursdays for the reason that I'm sitting in line, but I have seen a good share before. Keep in mind that some people will be standing in line for their badges Thursday night so there might not be a lot of people available for dinner until a bit later in the evening.
~Ri-chan
ACen 2013-2014: Customer Service

2013 Cosplay: Team Aqua Grunt (100%), Fluttershy Sweet Lolita (95%)

#22 User is offline   one-wing 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:33 PM

Oh yea...thanks, good point. Ok, well, what's the average time when people get their badges? I just remembered I had mine mailed in :| would earlier or later be better? 7 PM? 8?
Official Glomp Team Site

Cosplay for '07:

#23 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 974

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:03 PM

Depends who you're going with. Later would be a better choice since there are a number of people like me that get there about 5 hours ahead of when reg opens to make sure we're one of the first to get our badges. So if the majority of the people you are going with are having their badges mailed to them, then you can pick whatever time. But if the majority is waiting in line you might not be able to do dinner until 8-9-ish depending on whether or not there are computer problems this year.
~Ri-chan
ACen 2013-2014: Customer Service

2013 Cosplay: Team Aqua Grunt (100%), Fluttershy Sweet Lolita (95%)

#24 User is offline   one-wing 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:22 PM

Thanks a lot slrphebos for the insight. I was almost going to have to pick up my badge this year, but my friends and I got them in time for mailing. One in our group may have to wait however, unless his booth employer has one already for him, in which case we'll be waiting with him.

OK SO everyone, how does 8:30 PM on Thursday at McDonalds sound?
Official Glomp Team Site

Cosplay for '07:

#25 User is offline   OphanimGunner 

• Pip

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:01 AM

I'll definitely be around by then, I think. Coming to ACen from central Ohio, whee! XD I'll do my best to make it there. :D

The line-waiting is the whole reason I'm getting my badge MAILED to me. X3
Kuro (BLACK&WHITE) - 10%

#26 User is offline   one-wing 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:01 AM

Ohio, awesome :D Well thanks OphanimGunner. We'll be lookin' out for ya. Will you be coming as yourself or Ashe or any cosplay?

*crosses fingers for Ashe* XD
Official Glomp Team Site

Cosplay for '07:

#27 User is offline   OphanimGunner 

• Pip

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:52 AM

I might bring Ashe, if I feel like getting myself into it. I'm really wanting to wear that costume out in public and get weird looks. ^^; Though, it all depends on who I'm most comfortable throwing on at the con.
Kuro (BLACK&WHITE) - 10%

#28 User is offline   one-wing 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:09 AM

YAY! XD Well that's awesome. I hope to see you and Ashe there (but you most importantly lol)

That's awesome you're for the weird looks. I want to order something and then go up and just stare at them (mind you I'm Kakashi) with my food in my hand and pull my mask and headband away exposing my Sharingan and angrily slightly screaming I ORDERED ONION RINGS!!! And just freak them out XD

Alas. McDonalds will be expecting it T_T
Official Glomp Team Site

Cosplay for '07:

#29 User is offline   Hakuryu 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6035

Posted 22 April 2007 - 12:24 PM

I did last year, I went to the restaurant and everything in full costume (Tifa) sure I got weird looks but it doesn't really bother me, actually it's kind of interesting to document their reaction. Like the Prom thing last year. This year however, I can't come down Thursday. I have about a dozen exams to take since it's into May by then. It kind of sucks about the Hyatt being booked, too...I was planning on staying there again. :/
Cosplay 2010:

Grell Sutcliff Nurse version! [75%] Click for Sexy
Grell Sutcliff (black suit version) [80%]

Surprise costume! [100%]

"Even still, I'm a butler to die for~!"

My Facebook

#30 User is offline   Xenida 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:33 PM

For Thursday I gonna try and go to the convention center first, but I think I will still get something to eat around 6PM. I'll get in line for my badge after I've eaten something. Does anyone know the hours you can pick up your badges on Thursday?
Upcoming conventions:
ACEN, AnimeIowa, AWA

ACEN Cosplays:
Seto Kaiba (Yugioh)
Gerard (Fairy Tale)
Gaara or Panda Gaara

Kakekage Gaara

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked