Anime Central Forums: Question Of Timing - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Question Of Timing Masquerade, Masquerade Ball, and Anime Hell...

#1 User is offline   Weirdlet 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 10330

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:40 PM

Something I've been wondering about and trying to figure out (and please feel free to point out where I should have been looking if it's something obvious!) is if attending the Masquerade and the Masquerade Ball are mutually exclusive- and whether or not either of those conflict with attending Anime Hell as well. Is it possible to see all three? And have I been looking in the wrong places, or is the scheduling just not up yet?

#2 User is offline   Tiresias79 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 663

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:35 PM

Scheduling is not up yet. The schedule, other than a few key events, is usually pretty fluid up until about a week before the convention. If they are going to release any kind of schedule before the con, don't expect anything until a week before the con.
Cosplay for 2008:

Aburai Renji from Bleach 15% done, really only have the shoes made right now (let's hear it for hand-woven Zori)

#3 User is offline   Weirdlet 

• Pip

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:41 PM

Thank you very much- I'll keep an eye out as it gets closer.

#4 User is offline   Fairy Hime 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2079

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:39 PM

You should be able to do all three. The Masquerade Ball is Friday night at 9:00 with dance lessons from 7:30-8:30pm. The Masquerade will be Saturday evening at 5pm. I don't think the official time for Anime Hell has been released yet but in years past I believe it was usually right before Midnight Madness which is usually at midnight on Saturday.
Acen '10 Cosplays: Yukari from Paradise Kiss and maybe a CD Belly Dancer
Acen Pictures: '06, '07

"Always put off the unpleasant things until tomorrow because you could die today and never have to deal with them."[/color]

#5 User is offline   ayukoibito 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 7480

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:56 PM

View PostFairy Hime, on Apr 17 2007, 01:39 AM, said:

You should be able to do all three. The Masquerade Ball is Friday night at 9:00 with dance lessons from 7:30-8:30pm. The Masquerade will be Saturday evening at 5pm. I don't think the official time for Anime Hell has been released yet but in years past I believe it was usually right before Midnight Madness which is usually at midnight on Saturday.

Midnight Madness is on Friday night...and the Soapbubble on Saturday night...as far as my previous calendar goes.. :unsure:
A-YU-READY?!?!?! (for acen of course)

#6 User is offline   UMAC 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10425

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:03 PM

i know i put this somewhere else, but then i saw this thread and figured it belonged here too. i wouldn't, but i kind of really need an answer quickly.

question: i know the dates are 11th-13th, but about what time on the 11th does it start. for example, what time are the opening ceremonies? I know the programing isn't set yet, but someone should at least know what block of time in the universe acen is trying to fill with said programing. I know they said certainthings were going on on thursday too, so how early on friday does this thing actually start.

please reply quickly, as i am trying to get this info for my anime club and we are trying to plan a trip.

thanks.

#7 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:04 PM

Anime Hell will definitely conflict with part of the Masquerade Ball
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

#8 User is offline   Fairy Hime 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 2079

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:29 PM

Darn, that sucks. I wonder why I thought it was saturday....
Acen '10 Cosplays: Yukari from Paradise Kiss and maybe a CD Belly Dancer
Acen Pictures: '06, '07

"Always put off the unpleasant things until tomorrow because you could die today and never have to deal with them."[/color]

#9 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:27 PM

UMAC: Opening ceremonies are (typically) sometime around 11-12 on Friday. Artist's Alley will be open at 9 if you would like to come browse early!
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#10 User is offline   UMAC 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10425

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:23 PM

View Postfrzndaqiri, on Apr 17 2007, 03:27 PM, said:

UMAC: Opening ceremonies are (typically) sometime around 11-12 on Friday. Artist's Alley will be open at 9 if you would like to come browse early!

Thanks SOOO much. you guys are awesome. I can sleep tonight because i have one less thing on my mind. thanks for the speedy response. :D our club sponsor thanks you too.

#11 User is offline   Weirdlet 

• Pip

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:39 PM

Anime Hell will definitely conflict with part of the Masquerade Ball

*Drat.* Ah well... it was a thought.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users