Anime Central Forums: Your First/oldest Fighting Game -fg Hist. Research- - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Your First/oldest Fighting Game -fg Hist. Research- My Fighting Game History Research - Survey

#31 User is offline   Genmaru 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 16976

Posted 23 February 2008 - 09:38 AM

- 22, Male, White American

- I probably played an earlier game, but what I best remember is Street Fighter II on my SNES in '92.

- Originally because it was fun playing such a game against my friends, and holding little pointless tournaments when I was a kid. Later I just liked games like Marvel Vs. Capcom, where I could play as all these rediculous characters from other games I liked.

- SNK VS. Capcom: Match of the Millenium, for the Neo-Geo Pocket Color.
I'm a Graphic Designer / Artist
My Deviant Art account is at chadcarlson.deviantart.com

My website is at chadcarlson.net
I am selling art in the Artist Alley under the name Design Flat (dflat).
====================================
X-Box Live Gamer Tag: Akagen ~ Wii Friend Code: Coming Soon
Pokemon Code: 1203-6843-6932 ~ Pokemon Name: Genmaru ~ SSBB Code: Coming Soon

#32 User is offline   Jam-Kiske 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 10878

Posted 23 February 2008 - 02:35 PM

View PostJiraiya, on Feb 22 2008, 10:38 PM, said:

*clenches his fist and tears of joy flowing*

You guys just made my day!!! T_T

Thank you for filling the survey, I was planning to open this up again since I compile this data each year trying to figure out how everybody got into fighting games! I just wish that a lot more would fill this out!

Once again...

THANK YOU!!!

And those who havent yet... JUST DO IT!!!!! LOL!!!!

Oh.... YaY! I felt awkward posting in something so old but when I noticed it in your sig I couldn't resist. Generally if it involves fighting games... I'm there.
Oops can't afford to go to ACEN anymore! >:

#33 User is offline   Centerfield 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17270

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:08 PM

- 22, Male, Mutt
- Street Fighter II at a local gas station
- I got in to fighting games because it was an easy indoor pastime with friends.
- I'm not exceptionally great at any of them, but I mostly play Guilty Gear, Marvel -vs- Capcom 2 and Dead Or Alive 4.
On a clear night you can almost see October..

#34 User is offline   firegirl26 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6771

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:40 PM

21 amercian polish
i got in to video games by my boyfriend
first game i have ever played was zena
For acen 2012 will be cosplaying STEAMPUNK
AUTHOR of ACEN TRUE STORY(that no one reads)

REXANO
Responsible Exotic Animal Ownership

#35 User is offline   qwak 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16488

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:48 AM

1. 27, male, caucasian-
2. Street Fighter II at the bowling alley back when it first came out, there were at least a dozen people crowded around the machine and i was waiting for my ride, and then i fell into it.
3. see above
4. SSBB/SSBM, Soul Calibur (any), DOA (any) and i still play SFII for nostalgias sake. wish there was a console release date for SFIV
no more signatures!

#36 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:55 PM

1. 32 male, causasian-ish
2. Street Fighter I at a Putt-Putt in Augusta, GA on a Saturday morning during a putt-putt and arcade promotion. Back in 1987. Had huge punchable buttons.
3. It was fun beating other people playing the game.
4. Playing SNK/Playmore fighters as well as Rhythm Games.

#37 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:48 PM

Your current age--36, gender--Female,
- Your first/oldest/earliest fighting game you've played and where?--Mortal Kombat--at home
- What/why/how you got into fighting games--my boyfriend at the time liked them
- Your current favorite fighting game that you're really good at--none, I found that I like RPG much more than fighting games.
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#38 User is offline   SFPrincess 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 3900

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:49 AM

- Your first/oldest/earliest fighting game you've played and where?
- What/why/how you got into fighting games.
- Your current favorite fighting game that you're really good at.

-23/F/White American

-Street Fighter 2 at my house in 1992 or so. It might have been Clay Fighters, but I think that came out after...

-My brother and I played games together for all of our growing up. My dad would bring home new games and we would play them. Street Fighter 2 was one of those games that we spent a lot of time playing because it was 2-player. Couldn't own Mortal Kombat at the time, but we played it at a friend's house.

-I am pretty good at Tekken 4 and Virtua Fighter 4 and like them both. The latter because I feel like there's more you can do and pay attention to, the former because of the pace. Not sure if Brawl or Melee would be considered fighting games, but definitely those.
deviantART

7 Years of ACen...
ACen 2011 - Kairi, ACen 2010 - Misao & Aoshi, ACen 2009 - Xianghua & Kilik, ACen 2008 - Refia (Freelancer) & The Archangel Tyrael , ACen 2007 - Kagura Sohma & Finkle's Lava Dredger, ACen 2006 - Lady Magdaria & Prince of Persia, ACen 2005 - Beatrix & Edge

#39 User is offline   onii-sama ddk 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 17784

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:19 AM

My first fighting game was mortal kombat 1 for the sega. Me and my friend stayed up for 3 days straight taking short naps in shifts to figure everything out about that game!!!

#40 User is offline   HyuugaNeji 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 15426

Posted 10 April 2008 - 09:13 AM

19/Male/African American
My first game had to be Mortal Kombat back when I was a wee lad.
I got into fighters because I always found them a good way to vent anger with out actually hurting someone. Video games are good for that lol.
I think I'm fairly good at the DOA series, even though I'm out of practice. I also play Soul Calibur 2 and 3, Tekken, and a bunch of others I can't think of...Victorious Boxers 2 is good too.

#41 User is offline   SmilingElf 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5290

Posted 21 April 2008 - 12:24 PM

--27 Male Caucasian

--Street Fighter 2 (local burger joint)

--I enjoy the challenge of competing, and the demand for skill and self improvement. It's OCD lite! :lol:

--Dead or Alive series, Tekken series (3+), Soul Calibur series (2+), Guilty Gear (XXAC), King of Fighers Maximum Impact II (2K6), Bloody Roar series 3+

BTW, here's to all the next gen console fighters (except VF5) who are putting online play in as a viable option. Thank you!

#42 User is offline   mangahero 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 16782

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:21 AM

16 male caucasian

--first fighting game was the original virtua fighter in arcades.

--i played because i was young and got bored easily

--Guilty Gear XX accent core.
Darko's Personal Bodyguard of the Apocolypse Army

Official Forum Ninja, UnHero and Thread Killer

Teko fan

#43 User is offline   Teapo 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 17838

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:22 PM

- 19, male, white
- Karate Champ on my NES
- I played a lot of games that were great, but they ended. I love games that allow you to constantly improve, but even when you are great at the game someone can always inspire you to do better. I have a buddy who I can play fighting games with and I find that we keep showing each other new things (when you know each others playing style defense becomes excellent and ideas are made). Basically I love a game that can grow with competition.
- I play GG^core at a good level (Potempkin, Sol, Order Sol), I have been really improving at KOFXI thanks to a rival of mine (Ralf, Tizoc, Clark), and I am always looking for new Street Fighter 3 Third Strike opponents (Ryu). Third Strike has really made me want to play it more than most games can. At Youmacon (MI) they cancelled the tournament and I was so let down especially because the guys there who seemed to know there stuff couldn't beat me no matter who I used. Other than that wall of text I play any 2D fighter that is reasonably balanced. I play some 3D fighters like VF, DOA, or SC (anything before 3), but 3D fighters tend to show some balance issues more often than 2D.

#44 User is offline   KusanagiRobin 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 17338
  • Location:Wanted in the Seireitei for impersonating Byakuya Kuchiki

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:35 PM

-19, female, Black
-Killer Instinct on Nintendo 95, I believe.
-I was never TOO much into fighting games, but I liked the fact that unlike RPGs, there's never really an end to them. You could always unlock new things or try out new moves, and how the different characters had completely different ways of combat according to their looks/upbringing/species, whatever. Then when the more recent games started showing up, I liked the fact that you could, to an extent, personalize your warrior, give them better weapons, and go for the more complicated combos. Also, while some people would say that fighting games makes people more aggressive, personally they give me a way to WORK OUT whatever frustrations I have.
-I haven't played any in a while, but the last one I played was Soul Caliber III (PS2). I can do my ultimate best with Xianghua.
ACen 2014 Cosplay ("From the Spirit World"):
Fem!Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach) :: San (Princess Mononoke) :: Boogiepop/Touka Miyashita (Boogiepop Phantom)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users