Anime Central Forums: Registration: Badge Mailing And Outstanding Registrations - Anime Central Forums

• 48 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

#91 User is offline   ChasingSirens 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 10090

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:10 PM

View Postlabyrinth, on Apr 25 2007, 06:15 PM, said:

I am still waiting for confirmation at my whole groups badges by my mail. Only to weeks away and check has not cleared bank nor have I got a online confirm at all mail my payment out March 22nd... What is going on????????

I'm quoting this because this is the same problem I'm having. My boyfriend and I HAVEN'T recieved a confirmation e-mail yet. I sent my stuff out on March 23rd. And recieved squatt. And I can't help but be a little pissed off that no one has repiled to the e-mails I've sent about it. I do understand that the staff is busy, but it seems like nothing is being done for those who haven't gotten a confirmation code yet. The con is only 2 weeks away, and then I have to wait for my badge after that.....

It's nice that the people anxious about their badge being mailed got an answer, now how about us?

#92 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9402

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:45 PM

I know this doesn't make it any better but...

From CBS Channel 2 :D
-----------------------------------------

Chicago's Mail Delivery Worst in Nation
Over night Delivery Rate of 91 Percent
Get breaking news alerts

(AP) CHICAGO Chicago's mail-delivery record has a lot to be desired.

According to the U.S. Postal Service's most recent audit, overnight delivery in the city ranks the worst in the nation.

The audit found that first-class mail sent between Chicago zip codes made it to the correct address the next day 91 percent of the time. The cities that fared best in the audit had deliver rates of around 97 percent.

The audit was for mail delivered between June and September of 2008.
Uh, hi!

Send me a pm if there's anything I could probably help with that is within reason of my current position and knowledge(con-goer).

Hope to meet some of you!

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

"Sprinkle, sprinkle, little bar, what I wonder is a cat"
"I...FOUND...A...CARROT!!!"
"Can I have some fishy crackers?"

#93 User is offline   WhtHAwk 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 10205

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:05 PM

View PostVampireLowell, on Apr 25 2007, 10:45 PM, said:

I know this doesn't make it any better but...

From CBS Channel 2 :D
-----------------------------------------

Chicago's Mail Delivery Worst in Nation
Over night Delivery Rate of 91 Percent
Get breaking news alerts

(AP) CHICAGO Chicago's mail-delivery record has a lot to be desired.

According to the U.S. Postal Service's most recent audit, overnight delivery in the city ranks the worst in the nation.

The audit found that first-class mail sent between Chicago zip codes made it to the correct address the next day 91 percent of the time. The cities that fared best in the audit had deliver rates of around 97 percent.

The audit was for mail delivered between June and September of 2008.

Your numbers seem off. Either there is actually a 0% delivery rate or your year need to be altered.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." -- Douglas Adams

#94 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:23 AM

Wow, a lot has happened in this thread since I was gone. =D

Reason for me wanting to receive my badge has nothing to do with showing off. Sure, I made a thread for people to show their badges, but that is for the curiosity of others who have to wait in line. I mean, who wouldn't want to know what the badges looked like ahead of time? The reason I want my badge is to be safe and secure for ACen, I plan way ahead for what I want to do at ACen and have already began to pack some stuff!! That's how excited I am.

I just want my badge by at least the 8th of May. I can work with the 9th, but the 8th would be fine as well... any time before that is just too awesome. =D
Possible Cosplays-
Takanashi Rikka - Chuunibyou (95% done)
Onoda Sakamichi - Yowamushi Pedal(90%)
Tokino - Lamento: Beyond the Void(75% done)

#95 User is offline   `Aygen` 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4646

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:49 AM

sammy-45 said:

the Line might not be as bad as you think.

Between the mailed badges(more are going out everyday, don't freck out if you have not gotten it yet) and the express registration which helped a lot last year, I think the lines of 3 hour waits might be a thing to look back on as in the past.

We keep trying to make it better, and faster. If you can express reg, which means you enter all your info early, and get a confrimatin number, but pay at the door, it goes a lot faster.

We can only do our best- now everyone start praying to the reg gods that the reg system does not crash!!!!

From http://www.acen.org/...topic=16831&hl= :: ^^ Kinda close to a response for this!

日の出では、大麻が舞う そこでラム酒を1パイントを上げると別のガブ飲みする モルガン船長の呪いこの運命に導いている
ない恐れがあるので、ドントルックバック 来世を待って!

_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_
Wii Code - 3597 5584 7250 3042
Xbox Live Tag - Kohato

_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_

#96 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:52 AM

View PostWhtHAwk, on Apr 26 2007, 12:05 AM, said:

Your numbers seem off. Either there is actually a 0% delivery rate or your year need to be altered.

I blame CBS 2. Copy-Pasta! :D
http://cbs2chicago.c..._070172644.html
Uh, hi!

Send me a pm if there's anything I could probably help with that is within reason of my current position and knowledge(con-goer).

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

#97 User is offline   Ramos Asura 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 10282

Posted 26 April 2007 - 10:56 AM

Ah! I want my badge! :o
Im gettin antsy about the con and my CC's already been charged.... Got the confirm e-mail....
now I wait for the snail mail...

Past Cosplays

ACEN 2007 -- Nicholas D. Wolfwood from Trigun!!! [And HERE I am with Yasuhiro Nightow! That made my day! ^^]

[size=1]"An Optimist is just an under-informed Pessimist..."
"Whoever said 'Anything is possible' never tried slamming a revolving door.

"Homnes vulnerate, Ultima Necat" (each hour injures you, the last kills...)

#98 User is offline   flyingcabbit 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 9974

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:26 PM

Yes, the whole point of getting my badge mailed to me was so I didn't have to hussle to get to pre-reg on thursday night and wait in the lines.

And the only way I know I'm confirmed is because I checked my status through the website. Any other letters or emails I've supposed to have gotten are yet to be seen.
It's nice to see the art of elf-licking is making a comeback." - Fred Willard

#99 User is offline   yor9790 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 10188

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:38 PM

i got an email yesterday. they said not all the badges have been mailed yet. with over 5000+ pre-regs i'm not suprised!
i'm back, for now anyway.

#100 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:11 PM

View Postyor9790, on Apr 26 2007, 02:38 PM, said:

i got an email yesterday. they said not all the badges have been mailed yet. with over 5000+ pre-regs i'm not suprised!

Wow, did you get a respose to an e-mail you sent to registration?
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#101 User is offline   Climarathorn 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 2985

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:20 PM

what if we forgot to send in our payments and opted to have our badges mailed??? do we just get our badges at the door or what?
"Sometimes The answers just crash from heaven" - Nicholas D. Wolfwood

#102 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:28 PM

View PostClimarathorn, on Apr 26 2007, 03:20 PM, said:

what if we forgot to send in our payments and opted to have our badges mailed??? do we just get our badges at the door or what?

Ha, thats a good question. You should probably check in the operations forum and ask that question there.
Uh, hi!

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

#103 User is offline   Cafeteriagang 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10643

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:36 PM

We chose to have our badges mailed, hoping that there would be enough time to receive them.
Being military otakus ourselves, getting vacation time is a pain in the bum, so we're spending the week before before the con home with families. Meaning if we don't get those badges in the next couple of days, we're not getting them at all. -_-;

I'm not too worried about the $1.50, but I sure as heck don't want to have to pay $50 per to "replace" a badge I never received. At this point, I'm not even that worried about standing in line, since we'll be arriving Thursday evening. Just please someone tell me we don't have to pay again...

I'll be bringing my confirmation email, convention confirmation, bank statement (will a printout do? We haven't received the mail one with the con charges yet), and our IDs.

It sounds like there will be a LOT of possible people who never received their badges, so I'm hoping the people in charge will realize this and work with us.

So yeah, the badge mailing being a new thing this year, if it doesn't work for everyone, it just means it's the same as previous years. I'm not mad so long as I don't have to pay again. :P

They couldn't really send badges too far in advance, if you think about it. If people had weeks to spend with their badges, then it wouldn't be long before fake ones were everywhere. They'd need to do some sort of secret ultra-violet encoding on them or something to prove they were real every time you wanted to go somewhere. o_o;

#104 User is offline   stomptoMYbeat 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2256

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:04 PM

Not to mention if they mailed them too far in advance, there's more of a chance of people losing them...
FIND ME AT ACEN: WEARING MY DEADMAU5 HEAD AGAIN!

#105 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5659

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:41 PM

I am not going to start worrying about the badges until either

a.) others get them and I don't

b.) They don't arrive by the fourth!
Acen 2011 cosplays

Hungary: Hetalia
Fairy Tail
One Piece

#106 User is offline   Ramos Asura 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 10282

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:10 PM

You know what?
Thats actually a pretty good plan!

Past Cosplays

ACEN 2007 -- Nicholas D. Wolfwood from Trigun!!! [And HERE I am with Yasuhiro Nightow! That made my day! ^^]

[size=1]"An Optimist is just an under-informed Pessimist..."
"Whoever said 'Anything is possible' never tried slamming a revolving door.

"Homnes vulnerate, Ultima Necat" (each hour injures you, the last kills...)

#107 User is offline   Sig 

• Registration
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 10646

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:23 PM

I couldn't find it in the thread, but at the very least I'd like to be able to enter using printouts of my email reigration and acen.org registration info just in case the badge doesn't come. I'd still do it if it did.

#108 User is offline   OneWing 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3929

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:57 PM

I don't know if I'm going to sound stupid when saying this, but it's something that just came to mind. It can make the whole process extremely fast and smooth.

ACEN STAFFERS - Since you've issued everyone a confirmation code, have that database at ACen. When someone comes around in line and hasn't received their badge or any other reason they may not have the proper materials, all you need to have is their confirmation code and ID!

I don't know why, maybe because it seems too easy, but maybe this is easier said than done, but I still think it should be the primary backup for anything that may go wrong.
I am "flowin' with life in a warrior type manner." || Forgive and forget. :) || Proud Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate <3
Previous cosplay: '05: Cloud from FFVII:AC '07: Thu+Fri: Kakashi | Fri Masq Ball: Reno (FFVII:AC) | Sat: Cloud (FFVII:AC) | Sun: Uriel (Angel Sanctuary)
Cosplay for '08: Thurs: Casual Kenashi-Sama[/u] | Fri: Cloud FFVIIAC (surprise saved for '09) | Sat: Solid Snake + Z.O.E. box - MGS1 version FOR MASQ
Cosplay for '09: Locke - Final Fantasy VI || Vamp - MGS4 || Cosplay for '10: Kuja ;3
//Thank you so much to the people who like my cosplay, it means a lot - and glomps to the people who freaking knew my Z.O.E. box for Snake!\\
ACen 2008 Walk-Ons: My Solid Snake: http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3737 || My wonderful friends as Malice Mizer (<3 Kami): http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3718

#109 User is offline   hathor_sg1x 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 8873

Posted 26 April 2007 - 10:04 PM

I think next year if they do this they should try and inform people if they sent a badge out, if they had the time I could see maybe sending a confirmation to the person for that badge, 'hey the badge is in the mail' or even offer a delivery confirmation. Might be a little more but at least you could track it

I normally pre-order my tickets in advance for Motor City Comic con to advoid the lines, but haven't had those go missing on me yet.

If mine isn't here by the 4th I will more then likely begin to panic as I'm leaving the state at 4am Thursday morning and I don't want to get a phone call at 4 or 6pm hearing: you got something from that con your at.

#110 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 27 April 2007 - 03:41 AM

View Posthathor_sg1x, on Apr 27 2007, 04:04 AM, said:

I think next year if they do this they should try and inform people if they sent a badge out, if they had the time I could see maybe sending a confirmation to the person for that badge, 'hey the badge is in the mail' or even offer a delivery confirmation. Might be a little more but at least you could track it
I normally pre-order my tickets in advance for Motor City Comic con to advoid the lines, but haven't had those go missing on me yet.

If mine isn't here by the 4th I will more then likely begin to panic as I'm leaving the state at 4am Thursday morning and I don't want to get a phone call at 4 or 6pm hearing: you got something from that con your at.

lol I agree. I am leaving my home at 5:30 am on Thursday to head up to Springfield and then leave with my friend to head up to ACen. So if my badge comes in the mail on Thursday, I'll cry... my mom will probably call me and tell me and both my sister and I would mourn.

But like I said, as long as it's here by the 8th... it's all good.
Possible Cosplays-
Takanashi Rikka - Chuunibyou (95% done)
Onoda Sakamichi - Yowamushi Pedal(90%)
Tokino - Lamento: Beyond the Void(75% done)

#111 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:39 AM

View PostCafeteriagang, on Apr 26 2007, 07:36 PM, said:

We chose to have our badges mailed, hoping that there would be enough time to receive them.
Being military otakus ourselves, getting vacation time is a pain in the bum, so we're spending the week before before the con home with families. Meaning if we don't get those badges in the next couple of days, we're not getting them at all. -_-;

I'm not too worried about the $1.50, but I sure as heck don't want to have to pay $50 per to "replace" a badge I never received. At this point, I'm not even that worried about standing in line, since we'll be arriving Thursday evening. Just please someone tell me we don't have to pay again...

In regards to the $1.50, I'm also not worried about getting or not getting the $1.50 but its the principle that if they did NOT mail out the badges or that they did NOT arrive in time as it was implied that the badges would that we should be reimbursed for the amount that we opted for.

But I agree that we shouldn't have to pay a $50 to replace a badge that we never received. That would be plain BS. I just don't like Acen lines because they don't start when they are supposed to. If they actually started when they say they would, I honestly wouldn't be so irritated while standing in line. Like last year, It was supposed to have started around ...5 pm CST? It didn't begin until around 7 o'clock or so. Or something to that effect. A 2 hour delay I can deal with but really is not acceptable. Luckily I was like #20-40 in the line so, Tee hee hee.

I'll be bringing my confirmation email, convention confirmation, bank statement (will a printout do? We haven't received the mail one with the con charges yet), and our IDs.

It sounds like there will be a LOT of possible people who never received their badges, so I'm hoping the people in charge will realize this and work with us.
I'm hoping they also will work with us with this as well. We have to realize, though, SHOULD this occur that both sides will be frustrated by the events (of no one getting their mail-in badge). So we just have to be civil, calm, and patient when Staff meets Badge holder to discuss Badges.

So yeah, the badge mailing being a new thing this year, if it doesn't work for everyone, it just means it's the same as previous years. I'm not mad so long as I don't have to pay again. :P

They couldn't really send badges too far in advance, if you think about it. If people had weeks to spend with their badges, then it wouldn't be long before fake ones were everywhere. They'd need to do some sort of secret ultra-violet encoding on them or something to prove they were real every time you wanted to go somewhere. o_o;

Oh, I agree. The one thing we should almost all realize is that the the badge mailing is a new feature this year. I applaud them for trying it out at the very least. But if badge mailing is not successful this year, well, we just don't have to do it the next. I agree with that.

I'll still be upset that I will have to wait in line if worse comes to worse, but I won't get upset at MAPS for trying this out this year.

*shrug*

...So, are we gonna get any word from any officials for any official words on anything? :D
Uh, hi!

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

#112 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:57 AM

I do hope that everybody gets their badges on time (myself included). I'm wondering if anybody has received their's yet.
If I get mine I will post that I have received it to help ease peoples minds that they will be arriving.
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#113 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:58 AM

View Postakaikurama, on Apr 27 2007, 09:57 AM, said:

I do hope that everybody gets their badges on time (myself included). I'm wondering if anybody has received their's yet.
If I get mine I will post that I have received it to help ease peoples minds that they will be arriving.

I'm just waiting for someone to post that they did get theirs.

'Cuz at least thats a good sign that
1. Badges WERE sent out
2. Badges will hopefully arrive at my house before acen.
Uh, hi!

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

#114 User is offline   [AN]The_Stuff 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 140

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:13 AM

Beryl, on Apr 27 2007, 09:10 AM, said:

Stuff, this is Beryl Turner w/ Anime Central. We were preparing to mail your registration, when we found out thatyour mailing address is not in our system. We need you to send us your mailing address by tomorrow. If we do notget it by then, you will have to pick up your badge at the con. Just respond to this mail with your mailing address and we'll be ableto get your badge in the mail by tomorrow. Beryl TurnerAnime Central 2007

so, what dose this mean? it was from a Gmail email address. I clearly remember putting my mailing address on my registration and on the mail in form. Heck i registered online electronically, so it should be there. I wonder if someone is scamming the site. someone who can officially answer, email or pm me immediately please!! ^_^
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."
Posted Image
1992 Toyota LiteAce RHD, 2.0L Diesel

#115 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:16 AM

View Post[AN]The_Stuff, on Apr 27 2007, 10:13 AM, said:

so, what dose this mean? it was from a Gmail email address. I clearly remember putting my mailing address on my registration and on the mail in form. Heck i registered online electronically, so it should be there. I wonder if someone is scamming the site. someone who can officially answer, email or pm me immediately please!! ^_^

You may want to respond with your address, nevertheless.
Also, you may want to check your confirmation (Which you can find out at the website at the registration page)

....I should probably check my email O_O;

...Also check your junk mail in case your email thinks it is ><;

No I didn't receive an email. Just checked a few seconds ago.

GOnna check my confirmation registration info on the Registration Page.
Uh, hi!

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

#116 User is offline   [AN]The_Stuff 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:24 AM

it says on my reg status

"Registation Status: COMPLETE"

and my address is there. also i printed out the forum, i set it all up, put my CC info in there, it was charged for it, and i thought all was good.
Posted Image

#117 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:36 AM

View Post[AN]The_Stuff, on Apr 27 2007, 10:24 AM, said:

it says on my reg status

"Registation Status: COMPLETE"

and my address is there. also i printed out the forum, i set it all up, put my CC info in there, it was charged for it, and i thought all was good.

Hm, you may want to reply then your address and mention that your registration info had all the necessary information to be mailed out originally.

If would be good for them to know - so that they would look into it later on, because maybe its not a problem on our end - but a problem on theirs.

And if it is, it would be good to note now so they can correct it asap.
Uh, hi!

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

#118 User is offline   [AN]The_Stuff 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:39 AM

kk
Posted Image

#119 User is offline   stomptoMYbeat 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2256

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:51 AM

The second someone gets their badge, they better freaking post on here and let us know so we all stop ripping our hair out over this >< I worry a lot about everything in general, but this is just ... gah! It's killing me. ;[
FIND ME AT ACEN: WEARING MY DEADMAU5 HEAD AGAIN!

#120 User is offline   [AN]The_Stuff 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 10:01 AM

it worries me more because im in canada. and that means longer mailing time. and 2 weeks till con = crunch time.

EDIT::

now i got this email suddenly

Understandable...however, don't worry about it, Stuff. We found your address and your badge went out, so you are fine. Beryl TurnerACen 2007
Posted Image

• 48 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users