Anime Central Forums: Registration: Badge Mailing And Outstanding Registrations - Anime Central Forums

• 48 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

#61 User is offline   GrinninCheshire 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 8646

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:11 PM

I think most people will get their badges next week, since it was planned to be a week before acen to get your badge.
'back in the day, if a shirt is off in the anime...the real fight is starting.'

"Does it make ice cream?"
"NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Steam ID: Derpaderp

#62 User is offline   Takkun2021 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6692

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:51 AM

View PoststomptoMYbeat, on Apr 23 2007, 09:52 PM, said:

You have an extremely valid point.

*continues to compulsively check mailbox regardless*

Yeah, that could be a contributing factor to the mailing process, but hopefully will not put too much of a delay on it. Although, I am still checking the mailbox every time I go down to the lobby of my buildling...
In the event of conflict, form a single file line and ready yourself for the worst to come.
If you expect the worst, it seems that much lesser when it actually happens

"Why are all those young lives taken?"
-"Final Transmission" by Street Dogs

#63 User is offline   akaikurama 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 10043

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:17 AM

Just a scary thought, what if the mail is so slow your badge gets dilvered the first day of the con.
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#64 User is offline   flyingcabbit 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 9974

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:18 AM

View Postakaikurama, on Apr 24 2007, 11:17 AM, said:

Just a scary thought, what if the mail is so slow your badge gets dilvered the first day of the con.

Don't even joke about that. It's not funny. :( Because my mail comes late in the day and I'll be packing up to leave.

Not only that, but any delivery that close to con is just scary.
It's nice to see the art of elf-licking is making a comeback." - Fred Willard

#65 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 9402

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:09 PM

View Postakaikurama, on Apr 24 2007, 11:17 AM, said:

That would suck for out of state people. Especially those from ...ohhh...lets say California. O_o;

Acen/Maps would lose some credibility if the badges came out on the First Day of the Con.
Uh, hi!

Send me a pm if there's anything I could probably help with that is within reason of my current position and knowledge(con-goer).

Hope to meet some of you!

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

"Sprinkle, sprinkle, little bar, what I wonder is a cat"
"I...FOUND...A...CARROT!!!"
"Can I have some fishy crackers?"

#66 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:12 PM

Quick question, if your registration status is "complete" does that mean they got the money and all I am waiting for it the badge?
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#67 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:37 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on Apr 24 2007, 01:12 PM, said:

Quick question, if your registration status is "complete" does that mean they got the money and all I am waiting for it the badge?

Note: I am just a user.

But from my understanding, if your registration status is complete, you got an email saying that you're complete - and you checked your checking/credit card/whatever and the payment was received -

Then yes, all that remains to be seen is the badge (if you checked off that you wanted Acen/Maps to mail you your badge otherwise you have to wait in the pre-reg line)
Uh, hi!

Send me a pm if there's anything I could probably help with that is within reason of my current position and knowledge(con-goer).

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

#68 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:57 PM

View Postakaikurama, on Apr 24 2007, 04:17 PM, said:

If that happens, I am screwed... as I am leaving Thursday morning.
Possible Cosplays-
Takanashi Rikka - Chuunibyou (95% done)
Onoda Sakamichi - Yowamushi Pedal(90%)
Tokino - Lamento: Beyond the Void(75% done)

#69 User is offline   RRspud 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6279

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:43 PM

View PostCherry_Wolf, on Apr 24 2007, 06:57 PM, said:

If that happens, I am screwed... as I am leaving Thursday morning.

hahaha I am in the same boat with you... So Once I go home like on may 4th I be checking the mail and hopefully it be there ^.^ See I am in the Navy and if I have anything sent to me with the Navy mailing address I wont see it till the thing is like a week or so old... So I have it sent to me home in Chicago xP
Darkness Coats Us!
Cosplay @ Acen 07 - Kakashi Hatake from Naruto - 100% Done Woot!
Not a Con Virgin anymore xP

#70 User is offline   OneWing 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3929

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:54 AM

I've been hearing a lot of people's worries about not getting their badge.

If you don't get your badge, go to ACen as planned. I am, and if they want to tell me I need to pay after waiting in the line despite ordering a mailed badge, they can take a gander at my confirmation code, my on-site confirmation receipt print, and my e-mail confirmation print, and continue as planned. If security nabs me, they can see the receipt. In fact, I'm also going to print out the bank statement as well as take the one mailed to me, I'll carry them around. That's fine. But at this point, whoever paid and didn't get their badge in the mail in time for leaving has that right. Just make sure you DO have your receipt for proof, because I can't blame them for declining your entry if you don't have any receipts or at least your confirmation code.
I am "flowin' with life in a warrior type manner." || Forgive and forget. :) || Proud Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate <3
Previous cosplay: '05: Cloud from FFVII:AC '07: Thu+Fri: Kakashi | Fri Masq Ball: Reno (FFVII:AC) | Sat: Cloud (FFVII:AC) | Sun: Uriel (Angel Sanctuary)
Cosplay for '08: Thurs: Casual Kenashi-Sama[/u] | Fri: Cloud FFVIIAC (surprise saved for '09) | Sat: Solid Snake + Z.O.E. box - MGS1 version FOR MASQ
Cosplay for '09: Locke - Final Fantasy VI || Vamp - MGS4 || Cosplay for '10: Kuja ;3
//Thank you so much to the people who like my cosplay, it means a lot - and glomps to the people who freaking knew my Z.O.E. box for Snake!\\
ACen 2008 Walk-Ons: My Solid Snake: http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3737 || My wonderful friends as Malice Mizer (<3 Kami): http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3718

#71 User is offline   DrewNasty 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9949

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:05 AM

It would be totally ridiculous if everyone didn't receive their badges before the con. Why offer some new idea like this, charge people for the shipping, and then not follow through in time for people to get their badge in the mail?

#72 Guest_Dirk_Stabben_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:11 AM

View PostDrewNasty, on Apr 25 2007, 08:05 AM, said:

It would be totally ridiculous if everyone didn't receive their badges before the con. Why offer some new idea like this, charge people for the shipping, and then not follow through in time for people to get their badge in the mail?

All I know is, I pre-registered with my CC, signed up to have the badges for myself and my friend mailed to me, and I haven't even gotten word on whether they've charged the CC yet. It's not an issue of money; I KNOW it has more than enough on it. It's an issue of whether their lazy selves cashed it yet.

If they don't want bad publicity, they had better mail those badges to each and every person who specified and already paid for it.

#73 User is offline   DrewNasty 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:12 AM

View PostDirk_Stabben, on Apr 25 2007, 04:11 AM, said:

All I know is, I pre-registered with my CC, signed up to have the badges for myself and my friend mailed to me, and I haven't even gotten word on whether they've charged the CC yet. It's not an issue of money; I KNOW it has more than enough on it. It's an issue of whether their lazy selves cashed it yet.

If they don't want bad publicity, they had better mail those badges to each and every person who specified and already paid for it.

They cashed my check, so...

#74 User is offline   OneWing 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:15 AM

I think ya'll are bein' pretty harsh. It's a new system, staff is short...staffed, so there are bound to be some problems. Besides the technical problems online and shipping wise, they have new behind the scenes things they're going to have to deal with. At worst you'll have to wait in line for a little while. If it's such a big deal, have them refund the $1.50 it took to get it mailed to you. Just make sure you have at least one receipt and your confirmation number.

I'm not with staff, in fact this is my second year of ACen, but I like to represent both sides of the fence, most of the time anyway.
I am "flowin' with life in a warrior type manner." || Forgive and forget. :) || Proud Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate <3
Previous cosplay: '05: Cloud from FFVII:AC '07: Thu+Fri: Kakashi | Fri Masq Ball: Reno (FFVII:AC) | Sat: Cloud (FFVII:AC) | Sun: Uriel (Angel Sanctuary)
Cosplay for '08: Thurs: Casual Kenashi-Sama[/u] | Fri: Cloud FFVIIAC (surprise saved for '09) | Sat: Solid Snake + Z.O.E. box - MGS1 version FOR MASQ
Cosplay for '09: Locke - Final Fantasy VI || Vamp - MGS4 || Cosplay for '10: Kuja ;3
//Thank you so much to the people who like my cosplay, it means a lot - and glomps to the people who freaking knew my Z.O.E. box for Snake!\\
ACen 2008 Walk-Ons: My Solid Snake: http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3737 || My wonderful friends as Malice Mizer (<3 Kami): http://www.acparadise.com/acp/vid/3718

#75 User is offline   DrewNasty 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:25 AM

The whole point of this is so you don't have to wait in line at all. Refunding 1.50 to everyone that already paid is just going to take more time. At this point I'm not entirely doubting I'll receieve my badge in the mail, it's just that people have been on here for over a week wondering if they'll get theirs this or that day with no official word. April 16th was the apparent first batch and it's been 8 days. The con isn't that far off now.

If they are short-staffed, then why offer some new system.

That being said I would really like to see this mailing business work out.

#76 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:28 AM

I really think I'll receive it in the mail, but if I don't, I'll go stand in line Thursday, I am just praying that I do get it in the mail! XDXD I still have till the 9th, maybe I should just chill~! XD
Possible Cosplays-
Takanashi Rikka - Chuunibyou (95% done)
Onoda Sakamichi - Yowamushi Pedal(90%)
Tokino - Lamento: Beyond the Void(75% done)

#77 User is offline   RRspud 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6279

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:21 AM

View PostCherry_Wolf, on Apr 25 2007, 10:28 AM, said:

I really think I'll receive it in the mail, but if I don't, I'll go stand in line Thursday, I am just praying that I do get it in the mail! XDXD I still have till the 9th, maybe I should just chill~! XD

Yea as go for me... I am leaving the base on Wednesday which is the 9th of May and driving home.... From there I shall pack and get all the little things I need as well as the bigger stuff.... Just run a check list to make sure I have everthing... Then on Thursday I shall be leaving to go to the Hyatt on Thursday >.< So I hope I get me badge by then if not I can always wait in line though I dont really want to xD
Darkness Coats Us!
Cosplay @ Acen 07 - Kakashi Hatake from Naruto - 100% Done Woot!
Not a Con Virgin anymore xP

#78 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:09 AM

I'm with OneWing in the fact that this is a new system for Anime-Central.

And as much as we should be a bit more patient - we are also human and otaku. Those who opted for the mail-in badge just REALLY want to get their badge and look at it and stare at it and show it off to our parents, significant others, friends, co-workers, bosses, police officers, the guy who works at Panda Express, etc.

I guess, for myself, I'm just really excited that Acen draws closer and closer.

=======================

Also, I think its a good idea that if you got the following:

1. A statement showing that your payment did go thru.
2. Your confirmation email confirmed your pre-registration and confirming that your payment did go thru.
3. The form that states that you DID opt for a mail-in badge.
4. Your current and up-to-date ID (which you should have on your person anyways.)

And if you did NOT receive your badge when Acen hits, though a hassle everytime IRT asks where your badge is, that those 4 things should be sufficient enough to be allowed to attend and participate in all and ANY Acen activities.

========================

View PostCherry_Wolf, on Apr 25 2007, 05:28 AM, said:

Just to be the devil's advocate - but what good will that do though ><;?
If they did send out your badge, they won't have your badge there. They'd have to print out one. And if no one received theirs yet, ...then this is going to be one of the longest lines for Pre-Reg EVER.

No offense to Acen/Maps, as I'm aware that things may happen to computer programming, etc. in regards to PreReg/Registration, but just about every year you guys mention that this year Registration will be on time or that this year will provide a faster experience than the last but honestly that hasn't been the case.

So if no badges arrive at the desired time, or lets say the first batch of mail-in badges arrive but the second, third, fourth, etc. do not - you're gonna have alot of people still at Pre-Reg. And worse is that you're gonna have a lot of annoyed people at pre-reg before they even line up.

Sorry. This isn't an attack on Acen/Maps and how they conduct their business. Nor am I angry/annoyed at them, although reading back I can see that that may be the case XD.

I just like running with a train of thought.

If anything, I do believe most or all mail-in badges will arrive before Acen arrives.
I say most, because of the chance that someone's mail will end up at someone else's house, a mix-up at the postal service, or something other weird freak occurrence.
Uh, hi!

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

#79 Guest_Dirk_Stabben_*

• Group: Guests*
  • Member No.:

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:48 AM

View PostVampireLowell, on Apr 25 2007, 03:09 PM, said:

Those who opted for the mail-in badge just REALLY want to get their badge and look at it and stare at it and show it off to our parents, significant others, friends, co-workers, bosses, police officers, the guy who works at Panda Express, etc.

I dunno about you, but the only reason I want it in my hands before even leaving the house for Acen is to avoid the hour+ long wait. EVEN IF you're pre-reg'd, you STILL wait over an hour in line. The only exception in my personal experience was Acen 2004, where I only waited half an hour.

#80 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:09 AM

I don't know about you guys, but anything I order (no matter what) takes exactly nine (9) days to get to my house, be it from the dude across the street, or Japan, China, England, or otherwise. If it is just a letter, it's about three days. Keep your eyes peeled for them, they should be arriving at their destinations within the next couple of days or even today. That is, if they were sent out on the 16th, as previously stated.

If by the time of the convention you don't have your badge, bring confirmation that you paid, and I.D. and we on reg staff will try and hook you up. If we're using the same system as in previous years (I hope so cause it's pretty easy to use) then we can print you off a badge and all will be well. Don't quote me on this cause I'm not Jayson and I'm not sure how this is going to work, but I figure that they will not make you repay for a badge you've already paid for, at least I would hope not. >_< The only reason that would happen is if you lose your badge AT CON. Meh, if someone could clarify, that would be awesome.

Sa-chan--
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#81 User is offline   one-wing 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 10338

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:56 AM

YAY finally someone on the staff, let alone the registration staff who makes a comment! :D Thanks Sayuri-chan.

View PostVampireLowell, on Apr 25 2007, 10:09 AM, said:

...the guy who works at Panda Express, etc.

Aww...that poor guy!

Lol, but thanks VampireLowell for the agreement. I have faith that I'll receive mine, but why not prepare for the worst? Especially with something that I've pretty much been planning since I didn't make '06 ^-^
Pending member of the Glomp Team (former Obi Wan Glompnobi, Jedi...curse inactivity >_<): Official Glomp Team Thread
Official Glomp Team Site

My MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/0newing
I have no friends help meh out! XD but only if you're going to actually try to be my friend. Read about me, see if you would want to :P

KAKASHI PHOTOSHOOT FRIDAY 1 PM!

Cosplay for '07:
Thursday & Friday: Hatake Kakashi (Naruto) - 25% - definitely going as Kakashi! :D - need to find wig and pants, need to buy vest, pants, wig & flirting paradise
Friday night for the Masquerade Ball: Reno (FFVII: Advent Children) - 90% - need wig and baton
Saturday: Cloud (FFVII: Advent Children) - 50% - I'm reinventing my cosplay of Cloud from '05 big time
Satuday mid-afternoon and (hopefully) walk-on for the Masquerade: Mr. ESC (EXIT on PSP) - 1% lol
Sunday: Casual Cloud

#82 User is offline   akaikurama 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:14 AM

View PostDrewNasty, on Apr 25 2007, 03:05 AM, said:

Well, you also have to rember that acen has no control over the US postal service.
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#83 User is offline   VampireLowell 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:17 AM

View Postakaikurama, on Apr 25 2007, 12:14 PM, said:

Well, you also have to rember that acen has no control over the US postal service.

Actually we're still unsure if they are using US postal service.

That was not revealed or if it was, I'm unaware of it.
Uh, hi!

Vampire Lowell
Con-goer 2007

#84 User is offline   akaikurama 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:38 AM

View PostVampireLowell, on Apr 25 2007, 12:17 PM, said:

Actually we're still unsure if they are using US postal service.

That was not revealed or if it was, I'm unaware of it.

The first post in this topic said they mailed the first batch in a bulk mailing. So that's what lead me to belive this.
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#85 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:53 PM

View Postakaikurama, on Apr 25 2007, 12:38 PM, said:

The first post in this topic said they mailed the first batch in a bulk mailing. So that's what lead me to belive this.

I concur, I believe that it's being done via the US postal service, just because of when I was there meeting before last, they had post office bins to put the envelopes in when finished. It could be done via some other service, but it's safe to say that it was being done via USPS.
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#86 User is offline   stomptoMYbeat 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2256

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:03 PM

Every day as I'm walking home from school, I get that anticipation of seeing it in my mailbox when I walk up to my front porch ... but then my optimistic bubble is just smashed when all there is is bills and junk mail ><
FIND ME AT ACEN: WEARING MY DEADMAU5 HEAD AGAIN!

#87 User is offline   OneWing 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:58 PM

View PoststomptoMYbeat, on Apr 25 2007, 04:03 PM, said:

Every day as I'm walking home from school, I get that anticipation of seeing it in my mailbox when I walk up to my front porch ... but then my optimistic bubble is just smashed when all there is is bills and junk mail ><

^ That was so me today.

I was also hoping they used USPS. I've been using it for so long being a seller on eBay, and they've just been getting so much better, and better with sending and receiving my stuff. I really have faith in them, I mean priority mail from IL gets here in Wisconsin overnight. But I think because it's bulk, I'm afraid that might delay it a bit.

#88 User is offline   labyrinth 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 6568

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:15 PM

I am still waiting for confirmation at my whole groups badges by my mail. Only to weeks away and check has not cleared bank nor have I got a online confirm at all mail my payment out March 22nd... What is going on????????

#89 User is offline   akaikurama 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:48 PM

I'm also still waiting for my badge to find it's way to me. :P
Remember...
Pics
Short but sweet!!

#90 User is offline   elle sai 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9963

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:28 PM

I'm definitely really hoping to get my badge before con time... considering how I have no idea what happened to my payment confirmation.... :rolleyes: I do have a credit card statement, tho! ^_^

• 48 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users