Anime Central Forums: Registration: Badge Mailing And Outstanding Registrations - Anime Central Forums

• 48 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

#1381 User is offline   Takagou 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 11033

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:06 PM

Yea, did anyone notice if people still got a replacement w/o a confirmation e-mail?

Also, where were the lines located to receive your badge? This is my third ACen but I've never been the one to collect the badges ;_; *feels so lost and naive*

AAAAH! *crosses fingers* please badge, be there when i get out of school tomorrow!!! Kami-samaaaa!

#1382 User is offline   Some People 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 9215
  • Location:Winfield, Illinois (for some it's Wheaton). Come stalk us!

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:30 PM

since you went there today, I'll def need my confirmation e-mail & ID?
They did check confirmation. But I don't think they checked ID for us. I'd be safe and bring it, though. *nodnod*

Yea, did anyone notice if people still got a replacement w/o a confirmation e-mail?

Also, where were the lines located to receive your badge? This is my third ACen but I've never been the one to collect the badges ;_; *feels so lost and naive*

We needed our confirmation e-mails to get new badges. They had all of the badge info on them, and I'm pretty positive they'll be checking them.

Um...*thinks* (map: http://www.rosemont.com/meeting/virtualtou...s/descc_fp3.gif ) Tonight it was like...if you go from the drop off area into the lobby. And then maybe hall A? *is no good with directions* (I just follow my mom. XP) Not sure if they'll be in the same place or what. *shrugs*

So um...I hope that helped maybe a little? -_-" *curses the fact that this is her first con*

~Gabi
Account mainly used by Gabi.
Acen `07: ~Gabi~Nicole~HannaH~Pauline~Nick~|Acen `08: ~Gabi~Nicole~HannaH~Nick~|Acen `09: ~Gabi~Julia~Nicole~Katherine~Nick~
Acen `10: ~Gabi~Julia~Katherine~Analie~Amanda~Mikaela~Nick~Chelsea~Mary~
Acen `11: ~Gabi~Katherine~Analie~Julia~Mikaela~Jenny~Susan~Chelsea~Nick~Mary~
Acen `12: ~Gabi~Aimee~Nick~ (It's prom weekend. :x)
(And, of course: Gabi's mom [and for `10, `11, Katherine's mom]! Who is so absolutely wonderful and agreed to chaperone us crazy kids all going-on-four years! Thank you mom!)

#1383 User is offline   Ramos Asura 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 10282

Posted 10 May 2007 - 10:32 PM

Once again no badge.... If it doesnt come tomorrow, then Im shafted another 5$....

View PostKhaoticfolks, on May 10 2007, 03:21 PM, said:

So....

Mail ran today in my area 60620 (representing for the SOUTH-SIDE!).

Guess what...
NO BADGE. <_<

Guess I'll just have to see my fellow shafted in the line tonight to pick up my badge...

Let's form a support group in light of this very traumatic experience.
Here's the sense it makes to me:

City with worst mail service in US + Bulk mail on April 30th = bent over with no vasoline :angry:

I feeling very raw and used right now. *sniffles* "Hey! Don't touch me! ..... I don't like to be touch like that!"
I hope you have better luck than I did. :D

@ bold....
I couldnt agree more.... Freakin raped by trying something new....

Past Cosplays

ACEN 2007 -- Nicholas D. Wolfwood from Trigun!!! [And HERE I am with Yasuhiro Nightow! That made my day! ^^]

[size=1]"An Optimist is just an under-informed Pessimist..."
"Whoever said 'Anything is possible' never tried slamming a revolving door.

"Homnes vulnerate, Ultima Necat" (each hour injures you, the last kills...)

#1384 User is offline   RRspud 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 6279

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:07 PM

Well I am at ACen now and I be having some kind of fun... I had front line privilages compliments from someone ^.^ So I was the official first person to get a badge at ACen other then the art people and stuff... I was happy xP So I suppose I be having a good time this year >.<
Darkness Coats Us!
Cosplay @ Acen 07 - Kakashi Hatake from Naruto - 100% Done Woot!
Not a Con Virgin anymore xP

#1385 User is offline   Some People 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9215
  • Location:Winfield, Illinois (for some it's Wheaton). Come stalk us!

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:23 AM

Ooh...you're lucky! *nodnod*

We kinda...waited a while. And then my mom went and found one of the staff and was like "Look, I'm going to be arrested if I don't get back in time." and they let us get our badges. They were really cool about it. My mom said that she didn't expect that, probably because she's so used to "not being treated right by other companies." *nodnod*

Off to school...gonna die of excitement. My group is wearing our badges (we.will.not.lose.them.I.will.not.remove.it.at.all.)

~Gabi
Account mainly used by Gabi.
Acen `07: ~Gabi~Nicole~HannaH~Pauline~Nick~|Acen `08: ~Gabi~Nicole~HannaH~Nick~|Acen `09: ~Gabi~Julia~Nicole~Katherine~Nick~
Acen `10: ~Gabi~Julia~Katherine~Analie~Amanda~Mikaela~Nick~Chelsea~Mary~
Acen `11: ~Gabi~Katherine~Analie~Julia~Mikaela~Jenny~Susan~Chelsea~Nick~Mary~
Acen `12: ~Gabi~Aimee~Nick~ (It's prom weekend. :x)
(And, of course: Gabi's mom [and for `10, `11, Katherine's mom]! Who is so absolutely wonderful and agreed to chaperone us crazy kids all going-on-four years! Thank you mom!)

#1386 User is offline   StarRocker 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11112

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:59 AM

so yeah it didn't come

and it looks like i have to pay 5 bucks

i got my confirmation and id

i'm gonna be there today around 9-10

hopefully those b****es don't make me mad
Star Rocker ish here XD

#1387 User is offline   Rojya 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:57 AM

View PostStarRocker, on May 11 2007, 12:59 PM, said:

so yeah it didn't come

and it looks like i have to pay 5 bucks
i got my confirmation and id

i'm gonna be there today around 9-10

hopefully those b****es don't make me mad

If you choose, one of the possible resources of help may be the Better Business Bureau if this situation isn't resolved:

http://www.chicago.bbb.org/

They do have a section in there to file complaints and Midwest Animation Promotion Society is listed, so theoretically, you could file a complaint about the situation. ACEN/MAPS has said that the situation will be resolved with the $5.00 refund, but just an FYI.

#1388 User is offline   KeiCai 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9242

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:45 PM

Just thought I'd say: I 'received' my badge on Saturday.

I waited in line for about 2 and a half hours on Thursday for my replacement badge.
'09 Acen Cosplay:

•Wolfram von Bielefeld [Kyou Kara Maou - Dress Uniform]
•Shinou Heika [Kyou Kara Maou]
•Remus Lupin [Harry Potter]

#1389 User is offline   brwneyedwitch70 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10718

Post icon  Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:43 AM

I have to say...I was extremely frustrated that I didn't receive my badge in the mail. I was in charge of a group and I felt bad that only two people didn't get their badges (I was one of them). When we arrived ....it was pretty smooth sailing. We saw lots of people in line and while it was hard to determine which line started/ended where ....we had no trouble getting our replacement badges. It took us a total of 20 minutes (that's because the computer was really slow) to get our badges. After that.....we all had fun.

I know I was bitching as I am sure lots of others were.....but....we did get a STAFF member to help us out. Thanks ACEN.....next year....it'll be a whole weekend event for us!!!!
What thyng is it that wommen moost desiren?
Somme seyde wommen loven best richesse,
Somme seyde honour, somme seyde jolynesse,
Somme riche array, somme seyden lust abedde,
And oftetyme to be wydwe and wedde.
Somme seyde that oure hertes been moost esed
Whan that we been yflatered and yplesed.

Wommen desiren to have sovereynetee
As wel over hir housbond as hir love,
And for to been in maistrie hym above.
This is youre mooste desir

Wife of Bath's Tale by Geoffrey Chaucer

#1390 User is offline   reki 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9191

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:52 AM

well we just got back from acen last night we are still not happy really very upset about not getting our badge we pre paid for an were suppsoe to be sent to us in mail an didnt recieve them before we left so on friday we had to wait in line for 5 hours to get areplacement badge 5 hours in line when if badges would of been sent on time we wouldnt of had to do ....what a waste of my time an really kind of ruin are mood for rest of convention . so on saturday we didnt stay at convention went site seeing an left sunday...if i had my way i would want all our money back on our two badges we bought !!! :angry:

#1391 User is offline   RRspud 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6279

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:59 AM

funny how I still havent gotten my badge in the mail but it doesnt matter that much because on thursday I got to the con at 9 in the morning and went to where we suppose to pick up our badges and I talked to one of the directors of ACen which allowed me to get in right away as I was the first person on Thursday to get my replacement badge and since they didnt have money to give me when I handed them the 20 it was free for me ^.^
Darkness Coats Us!
Cosplay @ Acen 07 - Kakashi Hatake from Naruto - 100% Done Woot!
Not a Con Virgin anymore xP

#1392 User is offline   Nanami Sakura 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10260

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:09 AM

I'm sorry to say that when I got in on Thursday, the line of people who already had their badges was...um...really really small compared to those who did. I'm glad my b/f and I already had ours though. The line for those who hadn't looked like a beast. They even only let in the people who pre-reged only and it was still really really long. The program book issue though...made me want to punch a puppy...
If you wear the plastic smile long enough, it will fade and crack. Every once in a while, you need a real one. The problem comes with finding a reason to wear the real one in the first place. If you wait too long, you'll forget what a real one feels like, what a real one looks like. If that happens, when the plastic one breaks, all H3LL will break loose.

jluve82.blogspot.com

#1393 User is offline   Chibifaery 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8986

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:45 AM

The badge issue was crappy, seeing as how my badge showed up on wednesday but I was gone since tuesday. I stood in line for three hrs thursday evening with another friend to get our badges that never got to us in the mail. But it wasn't too bad because we had fun people to talk to.
Lets just hope that this will prove a learning experience for everybody and if they continue the mailing thing next year they now know what NOT to do.

Overall it was an enjoyable experience. I have to give them credit for stepping up and doing the best in their power to fix things when an issue did come up.
Thanks Acen staff.
What if the hokey-pokey is what it is all about?

#1394 User is offline   Chibi-Soujiro 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9460

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:24 PM

I've yet to receive my badge as well. I thought the last day to legally receive the badge was Saturday, yet there's no sign of mine in the mail. I could care less now though. I had the best time at ACen aside from the crappy badge line

#1395 User is offline   trythisoutchiki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 6244

Post icon  Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:18 PM

View PostKeiCai, on May 14 2007, 01:45 AM, said:

Just thought I'd say: I 'received' my badge on Saturday.

I waited in line for about 2 and a half hours on Thursday for my replacement badge.

Ugh same here. It bit soo much butt it wasn't funny. But the 20% off thingy was nice. ^_^ Bought myself some vibrating soap mmmmhmmmmm. Rofl.
Gothic and Lolita handbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE SPAM SQUAD!! Eliminated (1)

#1396 User is offline   GundamCowboy 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 4309

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:13 PM

well i luck out, i was running a bit late on friday and my badge just arrived 10 minutes before i left for acen.....good thing to, because when i got to the con at 4pm the line was huuuuuuge, prolly the biggest acen line i had ever seen, at acen 06 i got to the con at 4pm too and there was only a few dozen people in line, whole reg line was basicly empty :huh:
2011 Acen cosplay
friday Speedy
saturday captain jack harkness
sunday captain hammer

If anime has taught me anything, its that dinking and smoking makes u faster, stronger and darn near bulletproof

#1397 User is offline   VanityAngel84 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 3031

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:28 PM

Yea I didn't even receive my badge through the weekend. Ended up paying the 5 dollars after 3 hours in line and after being sent to the wrong part of the payment line... Who ever was doing the line filtering should really be asking more than cash or credit?
Being by myself all the while..... I've finally made friends for the first time.

#1398 User is offline   Michi-Chan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 3363

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:58 PM

Yay i got my badge today....oh wait...the con is over...

and my mail man was so pleased to deliver it to me today.

>.<

*goes off to address the envolpe for 5 bucks*
:heart: Proud to be a member of the Ultimate Yaoi Fangirl(boy) Alliance :heart:

#1399 User is offline   lunaladyoflight 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9344

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:52 PM

I got mine today too. ><

What did we have to fill out for the rebate??

~Luna

#1400 User is offline   conmom 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11316

Posted 14 May 2007 - 06:01 PM

Our badge has still not shown up. I sense a conspiracy...
But the program(s) lack of info really made me crazy.

#1401 User is offline   SVKempton 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11095

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:25 PM

OK I got my badge today( Monday after the Convention). Now what I need is specific information on how I get my Money Back.

Thanks
Steve

#1402 User is offline   ChibiMizuTenshi 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 3681

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:09 PM

I've still yet to recieve my badge. And it seems many other people have yet to as well.

I wasn't upset all weekend about the badge situation, but only because I kept thinking it could come Thursday, when I was already gone...but no, that never happened. To not have the badges at home days after the con, that's just wrong.

That makes the $5 I put up plus the near 3hr wait in line very frustrating.

I was told by a staff member that the badge situation will certainly be worked out by next year and that I should have my badge mailed to me...but after this, I doubt I ever will.

I do hope that I actually recieve my badge and it's not lost in the mail because I will be returning my envelope to have my $5 refunded. And I also really would like my $1.50 that I spent to have my badge mailed to me back...though I know that will never happen.
Acen '08 .hack//SIGN

Who turns a whole wall in their dining room into a costume concept design wall??

This girl!!!

#1403 User is offline   Larek 

• Main Events ADH
  • PipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 10618

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:07 AM

View PostChibiMizuTenshi, on May 14 2007, 11:09 PM, said:

That makes the $5 I put up plus the near 3hr wait in line very frustrating.

I was told by a staff member that the badge situation will certainly be worked out by next year and that I should have my badge mailed to me...but after this, I doubt I ever will.

Mine Showed up Saturday (while I was at-con thurs-sunday), and my wait inline for a replacement was 2h15m which was bad, but the fact that the other line moved 30% faster is what really irked me.

The badge situation will certainly be better next year (or dropped completely). It also might be more expensive, and include online tracking.

I hated waiting in line, It could have been handled better, But the two+ hour wait was much better than 4-6 hour waits in years past.

If the registration staff, doesn't learn from this year, then next year you may have to wait in line. But if you don't sign up to mail your badge, then you will absolutely have to wait in line.

My in the mail badge's MAPS security sticker was damaged (partially rubbed off) by the included lanyard while in transit. This is a new issue I hope registration takes in to consideration.

#1404 User is offline   DaTexan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11080

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:41 PM

Heh, figures... I received my badge today... two days after the con ended.

I really hope that next year they do not wait so late to send out the badges.
Tex James
datexan@earthlink.net
dmntexn@yahoo.com
ICQ # 53512210
RFFC Member # 1660
Owner/Moderator of FFRU Yahoo group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ffru
http://www.fan-fics-r-us.com

#1405 User is offline   stomptoMYbeat 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2256

Posted 15 May 2007 - 12:52 PM

My friends [from Chicago Ridge, IL, 60415] received their badges Friday afternoon of the con. I [Oak Lawn, IL, 60453] still haven't gotten mine.

I waited in the deathly three-hour line Thursday night. It was kinda worth it though. The con rocked.
FIND ME AT ACEN: WEARING MY DEADMAU5 HEAD AGAIN!

#1406 User is offline   Ramos Asura 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 10282

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:57 PM

Ha ha ha!

Ah my badge was right on time.... *rolls eyes*
I got it monday!

Ah I didnt have to wait in line much, maybe 15 minutes max... They were pretty cool about it all. (I was the Wolfwood who knocked over the bar in reg on saturday! ^^;)
Just remember MAPS..... USE 1ST CLASS NEXT YEAR!!!!

The 20% off coupon helped ease the sting of the 5$.
Im definitely in next year again!!!

Past Cosplays

ACEN 2007 -- Nicholas D. Wolfwood from Trigun!!! [And HERE I am with Yasuhiro Nightow! That made my day! ^^]

[size=1]"An Optimist is just an under-informed Pessimist..."
"Whoever said 'Anything is possible' never tried slamming a revolving door.

"Homnes vulnerate, Ultima Necat" (each hour injures you, the last kills...)

#1407 User is offline   `Aygen` 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4646

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:16 PM

Got mine monday as well >_<;;;;

日の出では、大麻が舞う そこでラム酒を1パイントを上げると別のガブ飲みする モルガン船長の呪いこの運命に導いている
ない恐れがあるので、ドントルックバック 来世を待って!

_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_
Wii Code - 3597 5584 7250 3042
Xbox Live Tag - Kohato

_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_

#1408 User is offline   Khaoticfolks 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5983

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:40 PM

So I went down Thursday and got in that "special line" for people who did not get their badge in the mail. The "special line" was longer than the pre-reg line. Anyway, I got my badge and had a helluva time at ACEN. ;) Heck I almost forgot about not getting my badge in the mail.

Until......

I just went into the living room to look at today's mail and long and behold; my bagde was in the pile. <_<

Talk about pouring salt in the wound.
The Dilemma...
"I wanna horde all the Bishounen to myself!"

Polyandry: a Fangirl's solution....

"I have several surnames. The lady to the house of Inu no Tashio; mate to Sesshoumaru-sama, Mrs. Takayanagi Mitsuomi, Mrs. Kuchiki Byakuya, Mrs. Abarai Renji, Mrs. Makihara Bob, and Mrs. Strife Cloud."

#1409 User is offline   rondo 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 9075

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:55 PM

I wonder what the cost would be between delivering all that mail bulk rate versus 1st class.

#1410 User is offline   aoi umi 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6726

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:54 PM

What line filtering?? On Friday, I was thrown into the same line as the at-con pickup people, waited about 3 hours, and when I finally got near the cash registers the person behind me (who also hadn't gotten his badge = same problem as me) said he had been ushered to the registers and only had to wait a total of about 30 minutes. WTF?

As if the frustration weren't enough, I went to get my concert ticket after I finally got out of the line, and by that time they were "sold out." I was so pissed off because my friend (who lives a couple blocks from me and HAD gotten her badge in the mail) had already gotten her ticket, and we'd been planning to go to the concert together. I'm not proud of it, but I actually kind of snapped at that point. I got over it, but needless to say, Acen's badge screw-up really ruined most of my Friday. DIS-OR-GAN-IZ-ATION. Gah!

I still don't know when or if I'll get mine in the mail, since I've just moved back home from college and it'll have to be forwarded.
2007 Cosplays: Yamato Nakano (Loveless), Gatomon/Tailmon (Digimon)

• 48 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users