Anime Central Forums: Registration: Badge Mailing And Outstanding Registrations - Anime Central Forums

• 48 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

#1291 User is offline   finbal 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 11074

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:21 PM

:angry: I do believe this is fraud, paid for 1st class and got bulk. Anyone up for a class action lawsuit :angry:

#1292 User is offline   YKawashima 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 7654

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:25 PM

were any of you in a group because you can find yourself if you remember your group number

#1293 User is offline   amazonmandy 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10408

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:27 PM

This buisness where we are supposed to pay $5 at the door, then get it refunded is complete bullshit.

That aside, i want my $1.50 refunded too, seeing as i had to stand in line ANYWAY. I paid to have it shipped to save me this time. You failed it. REFUND IT.

I should push for the extra $5 i was charged for no goddamn reason, too.

Also,

WOULD A STAFF MEMBER KINDLY REPLY TO EVERYONE HERE?

everyone is carrying on, and noone is getting replied to.

#1294 User is offline   greeniebone 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 6612

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:30 PM

View PostKeiCai, on May 9 2007, 10:09 PM, said:

I still wonder WHY they didn't just send it all priority for 64 cents a thing, then give the rest to the 15-20 volunteers it would have taken to pack it all up.

Sending all badges priority at 64 cents and still charging the $1.50 x 5000 badges = $4300 extra.

Just a quick note, I'm not sure where the $0.64 rate for Priority Mail came from, since Priority Mail prices start at $4.05 (and I think it will be something like $4.60 starting next week when the rates go up). The $0.64 rate constantly quoted here does not correspond to any USPS pricing that I know of, and I work in the industry.

I am so, so sorry for those of you who are out of time and will have to wait in line for your badges. My significant other and I seem to be amongst the lucky few whose Bulk Mailed badges have arrived. I wish I could whisk all of you guys through the lines with my badge somehow, since I feel your pain 100%. I really wish I could attend the closing meeting on Sunday to voice my feelings to the staff on the matter of the badge fiasco, but we have to pick up the kids, er, dogs, at the kennel by early afternoon...I am VERY interested in hearing reports of what transpires there, though.

Maybe I'll see some of you guys this weekend...look for a girl cosplaying as Aruruu from Utawarerumono. ;)

#1295 User is offline   Lightning_Fox! 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10392

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:33 PM

finbal said:

I do believe this is fraud, paid for 1st class and got bulk. Anyone up for a class action lawsuit

Technically, the most you can get out of a law suit would be your $5 back. Contrary to popular belief, you can't sue for mass amounts of money in the majority of torts, and by majority I mean 99.995% of the law suits. Sucks don't it? It would actually cost you a lot more to hire a lawyer, file a law suit, pay court fees, process through discovery, and any other expenses to you, and you'd only get $5 back.
Riddle of the week: Take away the whole and some still remains. What is it?
PM me with your answer.
My space.
My Cell (1-937)626-3447

#1296 User is offline   Retsu 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11028

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:38 PM

View PostShae, on May 9 2007, 12:41 PM, said:

YES! Some hope for us Michigan people. xD
I hope mine is in my mail box when I get home from school today. :(
I leave for the con tomorrow morning!

Just one question Retsu, do you know if your badge was mailed with the first bulk or second bulk?
Yeah, it does suck. I have a feeling staff is going to get torn apart by angry fans during Sunday's con feedback panel.

I think the second, because my friend in Canada got hers about three or so weeks ago.

View PostLarek, on May 9 2007, 12:51 PM, said:

Well I register in early Febuary (2/9/7), and then I registerd my friend using my same CC two months later(3/28/7). His came in the Mail today and I still haven't got mine. This really stinks. I'm so glad I got on the ball, and didn't procrastinate like he did :angry:

I registered back in February too. Just sit tight, it'll come in the mail.

As for suing over this, eh that'd be pretty lame. It's not like the mail system is perfect. Though I agree that we shouldn't have to bite our nails this close to con time hoping our badges get in before we leave.

#1297 User is offline   tweaker 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6642

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:56 PM

View Postfinbal, on May 10 2007, 12:21 AM, said:

:angry: I do believe this is fraud, paid for 1st class and got bulk. Anyone up for a class action lawsuit :angry:

I am not at all opposed to the idea. I doubt it would even make it into court since I don't think ACEN could
afford the legal expense to litigate. I am sure this would settle. And the cost of the badge is low enough that at a personal
level, it's not worth my time and money.

I paid money not to wait in line. Now, I have to wait in line. How is ACEN going to recoup the cost of my time
waiting in line? The mailing is irrelevant as what is being paid for is the right not to have to stand in line. The
mailing of the badges is just a means to accomplish this.

I do hope ACEN has the sensibilities to retract the $5 dollar charge when I arrive tomorrow.

tweak

#1298 User is offline   `Aygen` 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4646

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:56 PM

Technically, the most you can get out of a law suit would be your $5 back. Contrary to popular belief, you can't sue for mass amounts of money in the majority of torts, and by majority I mean 99.995% of the law suits. Sucks don't it? It would actually cost you a lot more to hire a lawyer, file a law suit, pay court fees, process through discovery, and any other expenses to you, and you'd only get $5 back.
And yet some people are still moronic enough to want to try.

日の出では、大麻が舞う そこでラム酒を1パイントを上げると別のガブ飲みする モルガン船長の呪いこの運命に導いている
ない恐れがあるので、ドントルックバック 来世を待って!

_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_
Wii Code - 3597 5584 7250 3042
Xbox Live Tag - Kohato

_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_,.=+-~'"`^*^`"'~-+=.,_

#1299 User is offline   RRspud 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6279

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:59 PM

I will be going to ACen badgeless this year... They better have a 10th anniversary badge for me because I paid for one and never received it... Today was the last day getting mail and well I never got it... Time to do some printing ^.^
Darkness Coats Us!
Cosplay @ Acen 07 - Kakashi Hatake from Naruto - 100% Done Woot!
Not a Con Virgin anymore xP

#1300 User is offline   YKawashima 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:00 PM

View Postamazonmandy, on May 9 2007, 07:27 PM, said:

WOULD A STAFF MEMBER KINDLY REPLY TO EVERYONE HERE?

That would be nice even if all they do is answer the same old questions over and over it would probably make some people feel better

#1301 User is offline   rdhdtwns 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9008

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:10 PM

Blah, no badge here today either. I've got tomorrow (I'm not leaving until 2:30PM), but at this point I doubt it'll arrive. (Southern Indiana, btw)

I'm gone from being extremely angry, to frustrated, but now I'm just upset. After the mega-fail that was the Ohayocon registration line, and the general crazyness that is the Otakon line, (or hell, just reg lines in general) I wanted to *avoid* lines, so I paid the extra amount. Now, not only do I have to end up in a line anyway (that seems it'll be fairly long, too), I also have to pay *more*!

What bothers me more, is that no staffer seems to even exist around in these parts. It makes ACen look a lot worse, or make it seem like they don't really care about their attendees. Regardless of how close it is to the con, Staff should be involved up to the minute doors open. (I speak from experience! I staff for cons myself!) Aside from the one Angel girl, there really hasn't been anyone else, and for awhile too..

This'll be my first ACen, and I've been looking forward to it so much since I planned to go back in December, and have heard nothing but good things about it from my friends. However, this whole ordeal and its lack of communication and organization has left a fairly sour taste in my mouth, and that really sucks.
Old account, yeah!
Let's do it up big twin-style at ACen!
Yuyuko - Koumajo Densetsu 2
God Tier Aradia - Homestuck

#1302 User is offline   tweaker 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6642

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:16 PM

View PostRRspud, on May 10 2007, 12:59 AM, said:

I will be going to ACen badgeless this year... They better have a 10th anniversary badge for me because I paid for one and never received it... Today was the last day getting mail and well I never got it... Time to do some printing ^.^

Help me out here:

1) you ordered an anniversary badge and asked to have it mailed
2) you arrive at the con without your badge because it never came
3) the con provides you with a normal badge
4) when you arrive at home, you find your anniversary badge

So what happens? Does the con recoup the difference between the badge he wore at the convention and the anniversary badge?
And what badge does he send back?

tweak

#1303 User is offline   Lightning_Fox! 

• Pip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:18 PM

View Postrdhdtwns, on May 9 2007, 07:10 PM, said:

Blah, no badge here today either. I've got tomorrow (I'm not leaving until 2:30PM), but at this point I doubt it'll arrive. (Southern Indiana, btw)

I'm gone from being extremely angry, to frustrated, but now I'm just upset. After the mega-fail that was the Ohayocon registration line, and the general crazyness that is the Otakon line, (or hell, just reg lines in general) I wanted to *avoid* lines, so I paid the extra amount. Now, not only do I have to end up in a line anyway (that seems it'll be fairly long, too), I also have to pay *more*!

What bothers me more, is that no staffer seems to even exist around in these parts. It makes ACen look a lot worse, or make it seem like they don't really care about their attendees. Regardless of how close it is to the con, Staff should be involved up to the minute doors open. (I speak from experience! I staff for cons myself!) Aside from the one Angel girl, there really hasn't been anyone else, and for awhile too..

This'll be my first ACen, and I've been looking forward to it so much since I planned to go back in December, and have heard nothing but good things about it from my friends. However, this whole ordeal and its lack of communication and organization has left a fairly sour taste in my mouth, and that really sucks.

It does seem like cons are getting worse and less organized... The past 5 cons I went to, the latest one has been their worst so far with the exception of Sugoi. The one before that was the worst Sugoi to date.
PM me with your answer.
My space.
My Cell (1-937)626-3447

#1304 User is offline   khenemetset 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5454

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:28 PM

View PostKeiCai, on May 9 2007, 10:09 PM, said:

I still wonder WHY they didn't just send it all priority for 64 cents a thing, then give the rest to the 15-20 volunteers it would have taken to pack it all up.

Sending all badges priority at 64 cents and still charging the $1.50 x 5000 badges = $4300 extra.

Split up between 20 volunteers stuffing/sorting 250 badges each is $215 per volunteer.
I don't know many people who wouldn't stuff 250 envelopes for $215. =_= I think that's the better way to go, then everyone would have their badges within TWO DAYS.

So, no matter how you look at it, Acen and MAPS are in some serious wrong. I really hope they compensate something for this extreme misjudgement call.

I saw someone mention about the 1.50 being to pay the people for sorting.

Question: Since when did voluteers get paid? Thought the point of voluteering was to you know donate your time WITHOUT pay.

Let's just face it. ACen didn't really research this at all. Miscommunication on how to mail the badges, my butt. They simply had no clue what they were doing from the get go.

I really feel sorry for all of you that haven't gotten their badges. Though I must say, given the total lack of organization from the get go on the staff's part I can't see why anyone would've trusted them to mail out the badges ina timely fashion. I saw the option and LMAO.

#1305 User is offline   blkcat523 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9744

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:44 PM

View Posttweaker, on May 9 2007, 07:16 PM, said:

Help me out here:

1) you ordered an anniversary badge and asked to have it mailed
2) you arrive at the con without your badge because it never came
3) the con provides you with a normal badge
4) when you arrive at home, you find your anniversary badge

So what happens? Does the con recoup the difference between the badge he wore at the convention and the anniversary badge?
And what badge does he send back?

tweak

The way they figure the only refund you will get is for the 5 dollar replacement badge you have to pay at the door and even then, that's only when you send back the envelope saying you got it late. They have no intention of refunding the extra money for the aniversary badge that was bought for the con but received after the con.

You won't be alone in your frustration. I live 20 min from the Con and still have yet to see anything. I went to my post office on the off chance mine was sitting there, and they said they haven't seen anything at all and that most of the bulk mail is sorted and delivered on spare time, it's not a high priority issue.
My costumes

"Official dog of the military with the tattoo to prove it!"

Navigator of the Rum Runners Pirate crew

#1306 User is offline   Takagou 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11033

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:46 PM

I doubt where you live matters. Me and my brother live about 45 minutes from the con, he got his badge yesterday (he registered about a week before me) and i still haven't. Aaah....*grabs hair* this is drivin me crazy.

#1307 User is offline   Lightning_Fox! 

• Pip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:53 PM

View Postblkcat523, on May 9 2007, 07:44 PM, said:

The way they figure the only refund you will get is for the 5 dollar replacement badge you have to pay at the door and even then, that's only when you send back the envelope saying you got it late. They have no intention of refunding the extra money for the aniversary badge that was bought for the con but received after the con.

You won't be alone in your frustration. I live 20 min from the Con and still have yet to see anything. I went to my post office on the off chance mine was sitting there, and they said they haven't seen anything at all and that most of the bulk mail is sorted and delivered on spare time, it's not a high priority issue.

They'd have to refund for the extra money paid for an aniversary badge if an aniversary badge isn't received at the con, because it is a "time is of the esssence" material, where the actual object isn't really important as much as getting the object on time is, as I've learned from writing a 5 page paper on torts in law class, I know this stuff front and back. If we got everyone to have one representative for all of those who didn't get their badge on time, and split costs, it would amount to mere cents per person, and we'd get our money back, but it'd cost Acen hundreds plus the refund that they could have just done in the first place. The way I see it, we're going to get our money's worth in any which way, we can't lose, so I'm going to go ahead and just suggest that Acen make our money's worth without cost to themselves.
EDIT: Plus the money we paid to have the badge sent to us. lol. The way I see it is Acen can really screw them selves over if they don't handle this correctly.
PM me with your answer.
My space.
My Cell (1-937)626-3447

#1308 User is offline   DaTexan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11080

Posted 09 May 2007 - 07:54 PM

8:56 in the evening of May 9th... I fly into Chicago tomorrow morning... and I still have no badge. Sigh...

Looks Liek I will be paying for a new one at the door...
Tex James
datexan@earthlink.net
dmntexn@yahoo.com
ICQ # 53512210
RFFC Member # 1660
Owner/Moderator of FFRU Yahoo group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ffru
http://www.fan-fics-r-us.com

#1309 User is offline   Michi-Chan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 3363

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:22 PM

i say those of us who are getting "normal" badges as replacements need free '07 Got Soap? Shirts

i mean our confirm emails say who got anni badges

I am just playing devil's advocate.
:heart: Proud to be a member of the Ultimate Yaoi Fangirl(boy) Alliance :heart:

#1310 User is offline   flyingcabbit 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 9974

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:36 PM

View PostMichi-Chan, on May 9 2007, 09:22 PM, said:

i say those of us who are getting "normal" badges as replacements need free '07 Got Soap? Shirts

They would never do that...come on...this is Acen...

If we got free anything, it'll probably be like soap or some company freebie thats given anyways.

Now five bucks off the purchase of our shirts or something of that nature would be much better.
It's nice to see the art of elf-licking is making a comeback." - Fred Willard

#1311 User is offline   Michi-Chan 

• Pip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:44 PM

View Postflyingcabbit, on May 10 2007, 02:36 AM, said:

They would never do that...come on...this is Acen...

If we got free anything, it'll probably be like soap or some company freebie thats given anyways.

Now five bucks off the purchase of our shirts or something of that nature would be much better.

yeah that would work too!!! Or first crack at the dealer's room

Discount, free stuff, special privelages!!!! :D anything!! :)

#1312 User is offline   Kalscension 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 6723

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:47 PM

I paid for 2 badges. One is mine and one is a friends. Now I paid for them on different dates. My friends being several days after mine. He recieved his today. I have yet to recieve mine. Now I just read about 10 pages of this thread and everything is all mixed up. If I do not recieve mine tomorrow what will happen. The mods here need to make a sticky post about what the procedure will be if we do not get our badges in time. Can someone PM me on what I will have to do. Please.

#1313 User is offline   YKawashima 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:51 PM

I pmed you if it is not clear I am sorry

#1314 User is offline   Michi-Chan 

• Pip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:56 PM

View PostKalscension, on May 10 2007, 02:47 AM, said:

I paid for 2 badges. One is mine and one is a friends. Now I paid for them on different dates. My friends being several days after mine. He recieved his today. I have yet to recieve mine. Now I just read about 10 pages of this thread and everything is all mixed up. If I do not recieve mine tomorrow what will happen. The mods here need to make a sticky post about what the procedure will be if we do not get our badges in time. Can someone PM me on what I will have to do. Please.

When you hear something please let the rest of us know.

I know that there is going to be a special line for those of us who have not recieved our badges yet. The 10th anni badges will be in short supply, so if you ordered one of those your $5.00 replacement badge may be a "normal" badge. Bring confirmation of your payment and the email.

I am hoping that this year's ACen is better than last year's programming wise...did anyone notice that half the panels in the book didn't take place?

Sorry, I am knitpicking now...bad michi

#1315 User is offline   elderghost08 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10984

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:15 PM

View Posttweaker, on May 9 2007, 07:08 PM, said:

It's official -- I will not have my badge for acen, so now I have to waste time standing in line.
Then, I have to mail back the badge whenever I do receive it.

I can honestly say that I am disappointed. Who decided to send these out bulk mail instead
of first class? I seriously wanna see the analytics behind that business decision.

My flight leaves at 8a tomorrow morning, so there is no way I can check my mail tomorrow.

The badges alone should bring about half a million dollars for this con, so when spending
that much money, how can this be so poorly planned?

What is our recourse? I assume I am not the only one who has not received a badge
as promised -- who is being charges a fee because of poor planning.

tweak

YEAH...I feel ya.
My girlfriend and I did NOT get our badges here in the East Bay of San Fran. NO BADGES FOR US.
This is my girlfriend's 1st anime con. I have addicted her to anime and I want this con to be the best one she has ever been to. I guess she will be getting the full con experiance...lines.

ACEN staff...by messing up this year, you are making the 10th year memerable for all, aren't you?
I actually thought that you wanted to make the 10th year special and I am sure that you tried.
However...what compensation will you give all of your loyal Acer's who did not get their badges?
I'll put the ball in your court.
If it's nothing...then I guess you really only care about yourself.

It would be proper business eddicate if we got some kind of compensation.

Fun will still be had by all I am sure.
...just my 2 cents.
"Always ready to fly...unless, of course, I'm sitting on the toilet."

#1316 User is offline   Tiresias79 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 663

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:18 PM

There's only one problem with getting any kind of replies from a staffer at this point. Most of the staff that have been helping us and replying to the posts here have officially gone offline. We might get one or two more posts, but for the most part, they're now gone.

The real problem with this I feel has to have been their choice for Reg DH this year. Last year there were a number of problems due to the DH.

1) At-con payees had to wait forever Thursday night because the DH didn't tell the treasurer that she would be accepting money that night. So she had to scramble last minute not only to get registers working, but to also find money to make change.
2) He skipped all chances to check out the P.O.D. that holds all the ACEN stuff to see what supplies he had. As such, we started Thursday night with about 500 badge holders and didn't get more until late Friday and early Saturday.
3) He was impossible to reach at times when he was needed at Reg to handle problems he needed to personally handle. His ADH's took up a lot of this slack and made last year as sucessful as it was.

So what does MAPS do after this? They make the same person Reg DH again this year. And even though he has been impossible to reach by anyone but a few select staff members and gives little to no communication to the con-goers, they don't replace him with someone better able to handle things.

This is by no means the sole factor to this year's incompetence, but it has definitely contributed to this whole bade fiasco.

Also, I'd like to point out that everyone on staff is a volunteer, and is therefor not paid for their service of stuffing envelopes for the badge mailing. The most they received in compensation was more than likely soda and snacks to consume while working. As to where the rest of the money went, who knows, more than likey it was funneled into other aspects of Registration (like purchasing of supplies or equipment). And for the person that stated the badges pull in half a million, try again, last year's operating budget was somewhere near $250,000 (remember, almost 40% of the attendees this year purchased their badges at a discounted rate from the full-at-con price so you can't).

And for the $.64 mailing thing, that's how much it costs to send these letters by First Class, which has "Priority" over Bulk Mail.
Cosplay for 2008:

Aburai Renji from Bleach 15% done, really only have the shoes made right now (let's hear it for hand-woven Zori)

#1317 User is offline   Chibi-Soujiro 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9460

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:43 PM

I'm pretty sure your local post offices already have your badges in. And they're just too effing lazy to go sort it. =P
Tomorrow morning I might go to the post office and demand them find it for me.

#1318 User is offline   GundamCowboy 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 4309

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:47 PM

View PostMichi-Chan, on May 9 2007, 09:22 PM, said:

well i order anniversary badge and had it mailed, and still no badge, i only have one more day to hold my breathe and hope...and ya i did even get a conformation, and i also closed the paypal account that i used to pay for my badge, soo im kinda SOL....oh and due to friday morning finals and i wont be at acen until 4 pm soo i know theres not going to be any anniversary badges left, which angers me greatly, but i shouldnt have to wait in line......if i dont get my badge in the mail, i want more than 5 bux, i want the $1.50 plus what ever the extra charge was that i paid for the 10th anni badge...and not a t i want cash or vouchers for the dealers room
2011 Acen cosplay
friday Speedy
saturday captain jack harkness
sunday captain hammer

If anime has taught me anything, its that dinking and smoking makes u faster, stronger and darn near bulletproof

#1319 User is offline   trythisoutchiki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6244

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:48 PM

Ugh no badge again. And now I know I won't be getting it by the time I leave. Cuz I know that, that jerk, will be bringing the mail. T_T And chances are since the Anniversary Badges, were sent later rather than with the rest. Yeah, .....not cool. So I will be in the line with all the rest.
All I can say is they better have enough Anniversary Badges for those who actually paid for the dang things. -_- They know how many paid for them, they should make enough to replace them all. Gah I'm not looking forward to this.
Gothic and Lolita handbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE SPAM SQUAD!! Eliminated (1)

#1320 User is offline   Joe Seph 

• Production Photographer
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8352

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:50 PM

View Postjackspicer, on May 9 2007, 08:45 PM, said:

im 60622

60622? dude, im on the other side of the park from you :lol:
www.SephPhotography.com
(still working on web site, takes forever to upload)

I can take some pictures Yo :P

• 48 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users