• This topic is locked

Official Mitsuwa Meetup Date! Please Read For Those Attending

#1 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Post icon  Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:12 AM

Hello Gang! I have a special announcement. Id like to announce that the ACen Mitsuwa meetup has been set.

MITSUWA MARKETPLACE MEETUP!

When:Thursday May 10th, 2007
Time: 4:00 pm
Where: Hyatt Regency O'Hare-Come to the spot where first floor check in/out use to be!

Now that we have a time and date! Now getting there is up to you. There are ways to get there via bus, riding with someone or taking a cab. I will be taking the bus there. Some may want to drive . However you want to do is up to you and if you want to give a fellow buddy a ride you can! Its all about having fun! The place doesnt close until 8pm so its up to you whether you want to stay for as long as you want! Just be sure to stock up on whatever you need!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#2 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 5659

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:34 AM

I probably will just meet everyone at Mitsuwa, as I am planning to stop at Chinatown first and everything. So someone (probably you kim.) will be randomly glomped by me.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Hungary: Hetalia
Fairy Tail
One Piece

#3 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:45 AM

Heh. I look4ward to seeing you there as well but not if I dont glomp you first :P
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#4 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 23 March 2007 - 09:59 AM

I might come with my friend, she's new to the area and maybe she'll enjoy mitsuwa...
SoyCon 7: The School Edition | June 28-29, 2014 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#5 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:25 AM

So much for hitchhiking. I'll be trekkin' it with Excel and whomever else on da bus.
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa) and Female Ezio Auditore di Firenze (Assassins Creed)

#6 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 4411

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:51 AM

Hahahahahha I'm gonna be there before all of you and BUY ALL THE GOOD STUFF!!! :P

I'd love to join ya guys but I only got one ride there and it's right after I check in (which is right after I arrive at o'hare) then I gotta be back to show my roomies where their room is.

Hope you guys have fun though ... we need another mitsuwa meetup AFTER acen >.>
♥ Amunet will move to Illinois! Coming Soon ♥
~ Captain of The Glomp Team ~
Official Thread of The Glomp Team ~ Click Here ~
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#7 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:01 PM

I will more than likely go on the bus... which going on the bus, are we going as a group on the bus as well? :D?

Also, will there be shifts in leaving? I know I won't want to be there too late and a lot of us will probably go to the ACen meet and greet right? =D?
Possible Future Cons- Otakon, Anime Expo, Otakon Vegas, YaoiCon

#8 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 5659

Posted 24 March 2007 - 08:59 AM

Well I don't know the bus schedule myself. But I do know that Mitsuwa is only open to 8.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Hungary: Hetalia
Fairy Tail
One Piece

#9 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 1692

Posted 24 March 2007 - 10:14 AM

uhm, so no one is driving from the hotel? DAMN.

If anyone is driving, let me know I'd like to hitch..or we might end up driving...but parking has got me scared.

I got about 7 people including myself..but I dunno when 1 will b arriving.
"he is the ONE", yeah the one that gropped my A**!"

#10 User is offline   Suki No Hikari 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 2557

Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:13 PM

I'll so be there ;D
DANGER: FALLING DUCKS.
If you want to stalk me, go HERE PLZ. I'm kind of, er. Always there. (Link fixed, rofl)

Poppin' up again on the forums for ACen '08. This year I've moved on from Johnny's Entertainment to KOREAN BOY BANDS, YEAH. Aren't you excited. Super Junior, SS501 and F.T. Island are the center of my fangirl world this year ♥ I'm so doing an asian boyband panel. Stop bangin' my head my eyes gone red.

#11 User is offline   icebratrpg 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 980

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:59 PM

I'll be there if I get to my hotel and done early enough (not staying at the Hyatt and the room's in my name. ^^; I'd appreciate some help though, like "ok, this is the Mistuwa stop" if I take the bus, though. ^^;;; ... *checks cta website* and advice on the cta in general, it seems @.@

EDIT: I have a hotel room now, and it seems I'm sol now... ;-; Checkin time is 4pm.
Member of the Plushie Guardian Alliance <3 ACen 12 pix, you can has them. ^^ Member of the OLRmy, now a member of the Voice of Geeks Network!

Proud Masq gofer 2006-2008 Reg Staff 2009. ACen addict since 2003

#12 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:46 PM

Oo, I didn't see this thread before! I think I will join in on this, I've never been there but that place sounds awesome! Since I really REALLY hate to park and repark in Rosemont, I'll just leave my car there and bus it. I'm planning on being back for the 9 pm meetup, as well as to get my badge :D

For those a little unsure of the bus, just stick with me. I know my way around transit, plus being the neurotic I am, I shall have copies of the bus timetables on me. :D Anyone have the exact address for the place so I can figure a route?

I can't WAIT for Acen!!!!

~Mary Jo~
Special Needs and Compliance staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
C2E2 2015: Doctor Leonard McCoy, Agent Jemma Simmons, either Gambit or Shadowcat
ACen 2015: GoGo Tomago, Doctor Leonard McCoy, Rowdy Roddy Piper

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#13 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:06 PM

CRAAAAAAP! i wont be in chicago till 6 am on friday....*sighs oh well i'll see ppl around then...lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#14 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 31 March 2007 - 12:24 AM

knitchick most likely you'll be my rooms guide :) I kinda wanna have my friend drive there..but I don't know if we'll get parking coming back..but I dunno yet.

#15 User is offline   MoF Productions 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 7275

Posted 04 April 2007 - 08:27 AM

Huzzah for living near Mitsuwa, I must plan on stopping by to meet the masses that will be showing up there.
First Name FishBowL, Last Name FishBowL, Middle Name FishBakaBowL, Girls call me Fishy, Guys call me the Fish, I am the Squirrel Emperor known as FishBowL, Creator of MoF. -FishBowL of Mind Of FishBowL Productions-

#16 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2007 - 12:21 AM

I hate parking in Rosemont, and it's pricey, so that's why I'm going to just leave my car. I've got to go back to the Hyatt for picking up my badge and for the later meetup.

Looking at Trip Planner, there's two busses that leave from the Rosemont Blue Line terminal and stop near Mitsuwa: the #606 and the #616. Looks like the 606 is the better bet, with the 616 you have to walk .7 miles but the 606 stops .1 mile away. Trip planner is giving the next bus after the 4 PM meeting time as 4:50 but I will print a timetable (closer to the time..I'll loose it if I print it now! ;) Fare is $1.50, and if you take a second bus within 2 hours, it's $0.25 for a transfer. My recommendation is, when we get to the bus terminal, go inside and put $3 on a CTA transit card, it makes life a lot easier, since you don't have to worry about exact change! I'll be using my Chicago Card for that reason (hmm, which reminds me, need to go check the value...)

I'll probably be in my Danny Phantom shirt (which I am in the process of making right now :D ), dunno if I'm going to throw on my wig to go with it ;) but either way I'll be easy to spot!

I can't wait, this should be fun!

~MJ~
Special Needs and Compliance staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
C2E2 2015: Doctor Leonard McCoy, Agent Jemma Simmons, either Gambit or Shadowcat

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#17 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 974

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:24 PM

Best bet with the buses is to take #606, it stops at Arlington Heights Rd. and Algonquin which puts you at the corner where Mitsuwa is. The #616 will take you a little too far from Mitsuwa and is rush hour only so if you're not too quick and just hanging out there is a chance of getting stranded. So I would go with the #606 since it has a regular schedule compared to the #616. I put links to both routes below from the pace website.

#606 Bus Info

#616 Bus Info
~Ri-chan
ACen 2013-2014: Customer Service

2013 Cosplay: Team Aqua Grunt (100%), Fluttershy Sweet Lolita (95%)

#18 User is offline   stomptoMYbeat 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2256

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:08 AM

Y'arggg. I've got school that day, and if I WERE to go, I'd probably show up late for the fact that I get home from school at 3:30, and then I'd have to make the 45 minute drive out to Arlington Heights ... I don't know if I'd be able to make it out to Mitsuwa, but I'll probably head over to the Hyatt to hang out for a while.
FIND ME AT ACEN: WEARING MY DEADMAU5 HEAD AGAIN!

#19 User is offline   jenchan 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 30

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:08 AM

So I'll repeat this here so that there is less confusion:

I'm very familiar with the public transit to Mitsuwa, and the BEST route is the
Pace Bus#606 that leaves from the Rosemont CTA station.
Parking is also available at the Rosemont CTA Station for $1 a day. FYI - The Rosemont Convention center generally overcharges for parking...

Here is the link for the bus route:
http://pacebus.com/s...asp?RouteNo=606

You will want the stop thats at Algonquin & Arlington Heights which is marked 3 on the map of the #606 route.
http://pacebus.com/pdf/maps/606map.pdf

You will want to buy a 1 day Visitors Pass from inside the Rosemont station for $5(exact amount needed, as there is no change available from the machine), as this will make your trip a LOT easier on the bus, without having to fumble for currency.

I used to take this route all the time to get to Mitsuwa, since I didnt have a car.

If we are official for 4pm meet-up at the Rosemont Station on Thursday, then I may be able to be there and help.

I was one the main people a few years back on the original ACENML that helped folks with public transit to/from ACEN and around. Let me know (PM me) if you need help, have any questions, or are unsure of anything. Im here to help. I'm not sure that I'll be able to be there to meet up with you all as previously mentioned, but I can offer my cell phone number to those whom PM me if needed.
Jenn
President of Japanese Anime People of Chicago, a local, independent Chicagoland anime club.
website- MyAnimeList - Tumblr
Probably the oldest member of the ST☆RISH fanclub.
Prince of Tennis ACen Cosplay Group Network on FACEBOOK

#20 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:57 AM

jenchan -- if you can't make it, don't worry, I'll most likely be there (my manager had better give me Thurs off like I asked!) and I may not have taken the #606 before, I know my way around public transit so I can help too. :)

And as far as passes go, if you're just going to Mitsuwa and back the $5 visitor pass really isn't necessary as it'll be only $3 round trip (see my post above). There's fare card machines in the station that people can put the $3 on (I'll be stopping there myself just to check and make sure I've got enough on my Chicago card since I never use it anymore)

I'll be easy to spot -- I'm planning on wearing this: http://img215.images...ndpshirtbj1.jpg

Can't wait!! :D

~MJ~

#21 User is offline   Stuckonharuko 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9000

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:07 AM

I plan on going to the mitsuwa meetup, but i have never been there before >.< im driving from michigan with two of my friends, and i made a map from our hotel to mitsuwa. buuut i could probably squeez two more people in my car if they know how to get there >.< otherwise we could meet some people at a bus stop (i have never been on the bus's there either) and follow them. at any rate. if someone wants to help me out i would love them forever :P

P.S. i love your new userpic excel excel
When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly. But now Haruko is here. That's how I know there really is a world outside.

My Member number is what? 9,000!!!!!

#22 User is offline   Femme Fatale 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 7220

Posted 19 April 2007 - 02:06 PM

Boo Excel's new pic :P .
Excel's Big Sis

Coming Soon to ACen 2015

Celestia Ludenberg (Dangan Ronpa) and Female Ezio Auditore di Firenze (Assassins Creed)

#23 User is offline   Stuckonharuko 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9000

Posted 19 April 2007 - 03:28 PM

View PostFemme Fatale, on Apr 19 2007, 08:06 PM, said:

Boo Excel's new pic :P .

:P
When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly. But now Haruko is here. That's how I know there really is a world outside.

My Member number is what? 9,000!!!!!

#24 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 974

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:32 PM

I can give directions, simple directions!, to Mitsuwa for those of you that might not be able to make this for whatever reason. Below is the simple directions, then regular street directions for those of you that don't want to use the toll road or you can take the bus during the day, totally up to you. Note my directions assume you are heading out from the Hyatt facing west I believe (basically if you turn right you'll pass Mc D's along the way).

Simple Directions (using 1-90)
Turn Right onto River Rd. heading towards 1-90

(To get to 90, you have to turn onto Higgins and follow that until you hit Devon, there is a hospital I believe on the right, then you get on the ramp there. There is a toll booth when you get on and I don't know how much it is as the tollway system here in IL has different amounts at different points, so be sure to bring lots of change)

Take I-90 to the Arlington Heights Rd Exit (to my knowledge there is no toll to pay getting off here)
Turn right onto Arlington Heights Rd
Turn right onto Algonquin Rd
Turn left (at first light) on Tonne Rd
Turn left into first driveway and whee Mitsuwa ^^

Road Directions (without Tollway)
Turn right on River Road
Turn left onto Touhy (you should see Target on the left before this light)
Turn right onto Elmhurst Rd
Turn left onto Algonquin Rd
Turn right onto Tonne Rd (light right before Arlington Heights Rd)
Turn left into first driveway and whee Mitsuwa ^^

Back to the Hotel
I recommend taking the reverse of the street directions back to the hotel. It gets a bit screwy around the airport and those of us that are taking 90 know how screwy it is unless it gets modified one way or another. The road directions to Mitsuwa is about 30-40 minutes depending on traffic and possible construction that might pop up between now and the con in a couple of weeks.
~Ri-chan
ACen 2013-2014: Customer Service

2013 Cosplay: Team Aqua Grunt (100%), Fluttershy Sweet Lolita (95%)

#25 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:17 AM

Did they reopen the ramp from Higgins & Devon? I haven't been going that way lately so I didn't know it was done.

The toll plaza there is $0.40 for iPass (and affiliated things like EZ-Pass), or $0.80 cash.

For the non-highway directions though, beware River and Touhy. They're working on that I-294 overpass there, and sometimes River gets closed at night (trust me on that...I had to jump on 294 to get home one night last week).

~MJ~

#26 User is offline   dorkatlarge 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 6912

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:09 AM

Thanks for the Pace Bus PDF. I've lived around Chicago for years, but I still find the bus routes confusing.

If anyone's thinking about going to Chicago's Chinatown, please keep in mind that it isn't the ideal place to be. I've seen far worse neighborhoods. Still, getting there by CTA trains takes a long time, and parking around there is only for the brave.

(I've been to Mitsuwa, and I've sighted a few fans in the foodcourt. The fact that they wore distinct t-shirts helped.)

#27 User is offline   kahad 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 532

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:56 AM

I might be at the con at that time. Is this place anywhere near the con???
K-chan (nickname given by ngsilver)
Are YOU on my grilling list??? (Updated 9-26-2008)
Master Chef of the Great Otaku Army and Spam Squad member!!!
AMV Staff ACen 2005-2007, Panel Programming Staff ACen 2008-2012 :)
Maho! - not just a saying, a way of life.

#28 User is offline   NubianKitten 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9159

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:59 PM

Sounds fun. Both the hotel and Mitsuwa are 20-25 minutes away from my house, so I may stop by and hang with you guys for a bit.
A wise man once said "Shut the hell up!"

#29 User is offline   Crizl 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 356

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:52 PM

Just a heads up to those who haven't been to Mitsuwa in a few months! If you're hoping to buy stuff besides just food, you may be dissapointed. ^^"

The book store, toy store, and that knick-knack store are no longer there. ^^" There is a new book store near the front but they are smaller than the other place. The toy store moved down the street and they have weird hours. Sometimes they have a sign saying something like 'appointment only'.

Mitsuwa still has an AWESOME food court though! The also opened up a new ice cream shop, highly reccomended! And of course, there's the grocery store with plenty of snacks. For those who just want eats and to hang out with friends, go for it! ^_~

Sorry to sound like a downer! I just felt those from out of town could use a heads-up, just in case they were hoping to go to those stores that are no longer there. ^^"

#30 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:00 PM

SHHHHHHHEESSH, way to bring US down hahaha.

JP, I never been there so it's all good, I kinda hope they have some manga , I wanna compare prices from there and the dealers room.

FOOD, of course want some food, I'll wanna try some stuff out.

with this meet up and the after meet n' greet eating plans, thursday is gonna b a big eating day ...i might vomit :)

(crowd cheers on "VOMIT VOMIT VOMIT!!!")

I just wanna get some snacks mainly to eat during the con, we might have to head out to dominicks or something to get some beer and soda, but least inbetween big meals we'll have good tasting snacks.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users