• This topic is locked

Hyatt Parking

#1 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 1692

Posted 17 March 2007 - 01:20 PM

OK, so I know people have said it's a bitch to leave the parking lot and such.

I was just wondering does anyone know the actual price for parking? and is it guaranteed every person staying at the hotel will get a parking spot?

and if not where else can you park?

cause I do plan on leaving at least 2 or 3 times during the weekend.
"he is the ONE", yeah the one that gropped my A**!"

#2 User is offline   mendokuse 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 3415

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:09 PM

I think there is a rate per hour set [Less than an hour, 1-3 hrs, etc].
Last year I was there from 9 AM to 4-5 PM cost me either $12 or $15.

#3 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 17 March 2007 - 03:30 PM

ACen has traditionally had a weekend rate. I believe it's about 30$s... most of the area has per day ones as well.
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

#4 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:38 PM

ok I haven't been to ACen since 2004, which was my first time..and then I wasn't driving. mainly cause i didn't have a car haha. so I dunno how parking works at a hotel.

I haven't ever been to one b4..in the capacity I will be this year. meaning I made the reservation, and I'm driving there.

How do you get charged, what's the process..stuff like that? any idea?

#5 User is offline   Smokey 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6522

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:16 PM

View Postneomiroku, on Mar 18 2007, 02:38 PM, said:

ok I haven't been to ACen since 2004, which was my first time..and then I wasn't driving. mainly cause i didn't have a car haha. so I dunno how parking works at a hotel.

I haven't ever been to one b4..in the capacity I will be this year. meaning I made the reservation, and I'm driving there.
How do you get charged, what's the process..stuff like that? any idea?

Up until last year, you just told the cashier at the gate that you're staying all weekend for ACen, they'd charge you $20 and give you a reciept that also served as a gate pass (you get in and out privs.) Last year they changed it so they give you a ticket at the gate and you had to pay for your parking at the hotel desk (DON'T use the vending machines. They don't give you the reduced rate.) Since they already have the machines, it's probably a pretty safe bet that they'll be using the new system this year too.
The Special Needs & ADA Compliance Department is dedicated to making sure that nobody has to miss anything that ACen has to offer because of a physical challenge or medical condition.

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Compliments? Complaints?

Visit us at http://acen.org/cont...-ada-compliance or send an email to adacompliance-dh@acen.org

Number of ACens attended: 15, Number of years on staff: 6, 2010 Staff MVP Award

#6 User is offline   bunnybeth 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 15

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:37 PM

View Postneomiroku, on Mar 17 2007, 02:20 PM, said:

and is it guaranteed every person staying at the hotel will get a parking spot?

No, it's not. Once I had to drive around over 20 minutes waiting for a spot to open so I could repark in the Hyatt lot. And, that was on Friday of the convention, not Saturday, which I can only guess would be worse. But, I was determined not to have to double-pay for parking by leaving the Hyatt lot and parking at the Rosemont one across the street.
CONversations A webcomic about the CON experience
Anime Eats! A cookbook inspired by food in anime and manga.

"Words can only hurt if you try to read them. Don't play their game." -Derek Zoolander
[BadCat Studios] [CONversations] [Bunnybeth.net]

#7 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:05 PM

ok dat sucks...what is this I heard about outside parking? is that just not used or is it a manner of safety?

Well I guess we can alternate..2 people including myself are driving so...it's more or less we will have to drive somewhere..most likely grocery store..I don't wanna pre-buy everything..just not how I operate.

when I went in 2004..we didn't really have a problem parking..just when we came back..took some time to find an open spot..but not forever.

#8 User is offline   Tiresias79 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 663

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:00 PM

In the past, it's been $10 per night (or day however you want to look at it), with in and out priveleges. However, once you park, it's best to stay put. Just because you park and pay for your stay, doesn't mean that you will have a space to come back to later on. We'll show up on Thursday morning, and our car won't leave until Sunday night. It's just best to bring a couple of coolers. One with lunch meats and other perishables, the other full of drinks.
Cosplay for 2008:

Aburai Renji from Bleach 15% done, really only have the shoes made right now (let's hear it for hand-woven Zori)

#9 User is offline   Moogle_21 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2191

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:53 PM

The last two years it's been $10/day. Do not move your car when you get a spot! We went out for dinner one night a few cons ago, to come back to a chair in front of the gate that said "Parking Lot is Full!" We had to park at the convention center garage and walk to the hotel. The sign stayed their there rest of the convention, so when we checked out, we had to haul all our gear there too. Not fun if you're bringing a lot of stuff to the car.
Senior Manager of Sales
Anime Central 2011 - 2012

#10 User is offline   sailorgaia 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3856

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:55 AM

As people have said, it's traditionally $10 a day--but make sure you get that rate because if not...last year we were almost raped with the regular cost of parking. I had to have an experienced hotel staff member make sure I got the correct rate (she was very friendly & helpful, though!)

I usually get to ACen on Thursday and I have always gotten a good spot in the parking garage. As others have suggested, I recommend you don't leave unless absolutely necessary. The parking garage fills FAST and it's just not worth it to go lose your spot for a petty run for something. Most everything you need is within walking distance anyway. Just hoof it somewhere and leave your car parked.
"I like it when you clap for me, Ultros. I can just close my eyes and imagine that four people are clapping for me at once!"
Locke, the Hand of God

#11 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:34 AM

I've never parked in the garage ;) always outside... But then again I usually don't bring a lot of stuff... Just remember, this year we have hotel registration on level 2, might want to park on the parking structure now.
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)

#12 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:47 AM

what's that all about DJ? what's the reminder you're talking about mean? I don't understand. and you said you park outside..where outside and do you have to pay a fee for that? and yeah I'm not bringing much either, just my clothes/toothbrush and maybe toothpaste if the hotel doesn't have any.

If you could please explain that stuff DJ, thank you everyone also for sharing your experiences...you got me more freaked out..but still good to know.

#13 User is offline   RaDragon76 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 5441

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:10 PM

Like everyone has said I would advise against leaving the parking lot once your parked. We had the same problem as Bunnybeth two years ago when we left the con for a few hours. When we got back we had to drive around for about 15 mins. before a space opened up and it wasn't as a good a space as the one we had before. Now that ACen is bigger then it was two years ago we've adopted a 'don't move the car until we leave on Sunday' policy. Nothing is worth having to drive around waiting for a space in the garage to open, especially with gas prices the way they are. I think the Hyatt really should give priorty to guests first and convention center events second.

Just a thought for those of you who are not staying at the Hyatt but are driving: Please remember there are guests (including people not attending ACen) who are actually staying at the Hyatt who would like to park at the hotel garage instead of being forced to park at the convention center across the street. Please be considerate and park at the convention center first before you start filling the Hyatt lot. If the Hyatt won't do something about the overcrowded parking then those of us attending the convention should do our part to prevent it. Just my 2 cents worth. :)

#14 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:56 PM

The Convention Center really has a ton of parking. If you are comeing just for the day I would park over there. I belive the cost for one day parkeing there is $11.00 a day-CASH ONLY!!!

Other spots to park are over by the Train Station, you have to pay, but I know its a lot less. And you have to pay for it every 12 hours or so(I mean some one has to walk over and put money in the thing every 12 hours).

So there are two other alternitives for parking!!!!

Oh and if you are staying at another hotel park there and walk or take a shuttle or something- don't drive over!!!!!
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#15 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:13 PM

View Postsammy-45, on Mar 21 2007, 12:56 AM, said:

The Convention Center really has a ton of parking. If you are comeing just for the day I would park over there. I belive the cost for one day parkeing there is $11.00 a day-CASH ONLY!!!

Other spots to park are over by the Train Station, you have to pay, but I know its a lot less. And you have to pay for it every 12 hours or so(I mean some one has to walk over and put money in the thing every 12 hours).

So there are two other alternitives for parking!!!!

Oh and if you are staying at another hotel park there and walk or take a shuttle or something- don't drive over!!!!!

if i remeber correctly the train parking had to be paid for in advance for the train
and you couldn't just drive in and pay

and ware is the hyatt parking
we parked it the building acrost the street last year
and it was $10 a day

is there a place closer
im lazzy
and i have to move a tun of stuff <_< ;;
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#16 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:31 AM

I mean outside the parking structure, within Hyatt parking.
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair

#17 User is offline   Oreo_Otaku 

• Registration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2339
  • Location:inside your mind... I'm a figment of your imagination

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:42 AM

View PostMillions_Knives, on Mar 20 2007, 07:13 PM, said:

if i remeber correctly the train parking had to be paid for in advance for the train
and you couldn't just drive in and pay
and ware is the hyatt parking
we parked it the building acrost the street last year
and it was $10 a day

is there a place closer
im lazzy
and i have to move a tun of stuff <_< ;;

The Hyatt parking at the end of the road of where the Hyatt is at. So technically, Hyatt parking is in the back of the hotel.
[center]How's my driving? Flip FOB Driver Pro: Oreo_Otaku. Comments? CALL: 111-555-9999
If you can read this you get a pat on the back.
I drank GOD and it is good!!!
Part of POWA*PinoyOneWorldAlliance*
ninja>pirates!
Acen Hamburglar

#18 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:34 PM

The Hyatt is on the left for parking and on the right is another small parking area- not free they also charge.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#19 User is offline   Millions_Knives 

• Masquerade Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 8636

Posted 24 March 2007 - 10:57 AM

ty
that was just what i wanted to hear

it would really suck to be run over in cosplay
want to learn about cosplay materials? click here->my youtube cosplay tips and tricks<-click here

#20 User is offline   neomiroku 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:19 PM

anyone know where I can see the parking areas? without actually driving over there? I'd like to know where the hell I'm going when I get there, before I get there...saves me time and frustration.

#21 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 974

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:12 PM

Okay I got a question about how this will work on Thursday Afternoon. Now I'll be checking in thursday afternoon, what do I tell the parking people? That I'm checking into the hotel. Now I know there is the "outside" parking and the parking garage, but I don't know how this works cause I have never stayed in the hotel before.

From what I've read I don't want to go out now lol. If you get unlucky and say I have to go out for lunch, am I allowed to park in what is usually for the convention center over night without fear my car will be towed.
~Ri-chan
ACen 2013-2014: Customer Service

2013 Cosplay: Team Aqua Grunt (100%), Fluttershy Sweet Lolita (95%)

#22 User is offline   Tiresias79 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2007 - 10:04 PM

Just drive up to the "Guard Post". If someone's in there, just tell them you're with the anime convention, and I believe they will give you a ticket. If there's no one there, go to the machine and press the button, it will spit out a ticket for you to take. Then just find a parking space, outside or in the parking garage, it doesn't matter, they all cost the same. If you park in the garage, when you first enter go to the right though, to the left is for Valet Parking and it can be a little confusing the first time your park in there. Be sure to keep your ticket safe, you will need to take it with you to check-in and they will go ahead and charge you the ACEN rate (make sure this is what they charge since the normal rate is higher) and validate your ticket for you. Once there though, don't leave for any reason, unless you like the very likely possibility that when you come back there will be no spot left for you, even though you already paid.
Cosplay for 2008:

Aburai Renji from Bleach 15% done, really only have the shoes made right now (let's hear it for hand-woven Zori)

#23 User is offline   blkcat523 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9744

Posted 07 April 2007 - 10:40 PM

Well if the rate is between 10 and 20 dollars I plan on parking early for saturday (since my friend and I don't know how long we will be at the con). Friday and Sunday we plan on taking the hotel shuttle. We don't know when the shuttle will run to and don't want to be stranded at the Con saturday either. If I can I'd like to take the shuttle in early saturday and then possibly take the shuttle back and forth for food and then drive my car over late saturday for parking... Dunno yet.
My costumes

"Official dog of the military with the tattoo to prove it!"

Navigator of the Rum Runners Pirate crew

#24 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 07 April 2007 - 11:07 PM

The shuttles run every 15 min or so until like 10 at night, or you can call one to pick you up.

And thanks about the whole ticket thing. This is just insane with the parking. So much for going out and getting food >.< with the car. Just gotta walk in my big old dress (lol) to someplace or bring food to stow in cooler or call the pizza places and make them deliver to the hotel lol.
~Ri-chan

#25 User is offline   Moogle_21 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2007 - 11:30 PM

You have in and out privileges with the parking, but if you leave your spot (especially on Friday and Saturday) chances are you will be driving around the parking complex for a while trying to get a new spot when you come back.
Senior Manager of Sales

#26 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 08 April 2007 - 12:41 AM

Yeah that is what I'm afraid of. So now I making a list of food to bring with the cooler. So if I don't want to eat what in the cooler can always walk down the street. Don't trust room service cause I'd imagine it costs an arm and leg with it being the Hyatt cause you know you're travelling and don't want to go out so to most hotels that means it okay to rip you off.
~Ri-chan

#27 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2007 - 01:05 AM

Also watch out for the weight sensors on stuff, knocking over something might cause them to bill you.
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair

#28 User is offline   Tiresias79 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 April 2007 - 07:52 AM

Ramen noodles are pretty good, since you can use the coffee pot in the room to boil water. However if you just don't like Ramen or don't really need the salt, you can always try a rice cooker. We bring ours with us and a good supply of rice. It's a pretty quick meal and if you have some seasonings with you, pretty good. We also use it to steam vegetables for lunch or dinner, and at breakfast in the last 7-8 minutes of cooking the rice, you can crack an egg or two into the cooker for some protein. Just remember, make sure you have a balanced diet the entire weekend (or at least most of it), it'll help you get through the con without getting con-plague and it will be more enjoyable.

We usually travel with 2 large coolers. One has drinks in it: soda, water, and fruit juices. The other is our food cooler which usually will have lunch meats, cheeses, condiments, fruits and vegetables, hot dogs(rice cooker can boil these too), and eggs. Breads, buns, and crackers are usually carried separately since they don't always need to be cooled.

This is how we avoid moving our car the entire weekend and losing our spot, especially since the past few years we've gotten a spot within 100' of the door to the Hyatt walkway, and moving is just not an option for us.
Cosplay for 2008:

#29 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:21 PM

Right now I'm planning sandwiches, some veggies with ranch dip, electroryte water, in addition to the snacks and soda. So I'm planning ahead as best I can. The rice cooker sounds like an idea that I haven't thought of, since I bought one a year or two ago.
~Ri-chan

#30 User is offline   Moogle_21 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:28 PM

Watch out for censors on the mini fridge too. Every time the door opens you get billed, I'm assuming when room service comes by they'll check to see if everything is in it's right place and if it is they'll remove the charges. We took their stuff out last year and put ours in ^^, but we were careful and put them back in the order we found them before we left the room for the day. Some people had the same idea as we did and still got billed because they weren't careful. However, they Hyatt may have wised up since last year.
Senior Manager of Sales

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users