• This topic is locked

Youmacon

#1 User is offline   ShortSpike 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 3598

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:07 AM

I know that some of you have gone to this in the past or have intentions of coming in the future. It is an awesome con and well worth the trip to Troy.I thought I'd start this topic up to inspire the doubting to attend and allow the rest of us to rave about it's greatness.
Provehito in Altum.

#2 User is offline   ACen Guy Brown 

• ACen Guy
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 752

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:28 AM

I totally agree! However, Reactor and Youmacon fall on the same weekend this year...
ACen Guys on Facebook

UPCOMING PANELS
ACen 2015: ???

#3 User is offline   vanstrummer 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 9028

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:41 AM

View PostACen Guy Brown, on Mar 7 2007, 02:28 PM, said:

I totally agree! However, Reactor and Youmacon fall on the same weekend this year...

Wow, that sucks. I will probably go to Youmacon though. Mainly because it like right in my backyard, lol. But it was also a good time. Hopefully that doesn't affect attendance though.... I really want to see this con take off.
Cosplay Plans for A-Cen 08

Pit - Kid Icarus
Spike - Cowboy Bebop
Maito Gai - Naruto
Ike - Fire Emblem
Geno - Super Mario RPG

#4 User is offline   ShortSpike 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 12:42 PM

Do they really fall on the same date?!Outrage!.....I think I'll go to Youmacon,even though Reactor has moved out of Purple...for which we are all grateful I'm sure.
I really want to support Youma, it being a third year con, they always have excellent guests and a great atmosphere.
I'm not too worried about Reactor for the fact that it's attendees are so loyal that they stick around even through the Purple insanity-I'm sure they'll attend now that there has been an upgrade.
Provehito in Altum.

#5 User is offline   Shattermage 

• AMV Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1989

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:23 PM

I've been a Youmacon AMV Staffer since the start and I've had a blast with it! It's the home of the The AMV Wars: Iron AMV and we always have an awesome show planned out for the attendees. Don't forget to stop in to see us during the con! Watch great AMVs; get free swag! Audience participation is mandatory (Have Fun!). ;)
Yes, I am an airline pilot. No, you cannot have free tickets. And No, I don't know jack about "the best deals".

"Asking a pilot what he thinks about the FAA is like asking a fire hydrant what he thinks about dogs."

Achievement Unlocked
Haven't paid to attend a con in 5 years - 50G

#6 User is offline   FlyingElf 

• Honorary Forum Therapist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 447

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:19 PM

I'm sure I'll do Youmacon again this year. Its fairly close to my house and I'm sure most of my friends will hit Youma over reactor and thats really what matters to me.
Armageddicon!!
Columbus, OH December 21-23, 2012
http://animepunch.org/armageddicon/

#7 User is offline   MBluesummers 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3768

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:59 PM

I hit up youmacon for hte first item las tyear. Though the most of the time Iw as at my art table, for the most part people were extremely friendly and it made me more then ahappy to come again!

For a tiny con i made a lot of money, and an artist friendly con is a good con for me XD

#8 User is offline   Soulcrash 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 72

Posted 07 March 2007 - 06:58 PM

Even though Reactor is sort of my home town con, and like a good amount of peeps know who I am... I have to go to YoumaCon cause I'm helping out with there.... Videography department.. or whatever it's call... Just say I'm filming the con... And for the peeps who knows what I did at YoumaCon last year, I'm doing it again this year.... And hopefully with a better camcorder, and probably have a "host"......

It'll be nice if I can drag my (still being built/planned) ACen MKIII Supra to YoumaCon... But I don't want to risk my 7M engine being messed up along the way.... So, I have to wait till "next time" I get another money for a new/used engine....
Ronald "SoulCrash" Ladao, age 25, I'm a photographer for hired......
The new home for my convention photos, videos, and side projects.....
**FaceBook**; **Twitter**; **DeviantART**

#9 User is offline   Nuriko 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 5391

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:39 PM

I've been going to YoumaCon since it opened and I'll continue to go to YoumaCon. I LOVE that convention, it's the first convention that's close to me. ^__^ I don't even have to stay at an Inn to get there in time!

#10 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2865

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:24 PM

I also have attended Youma since it opened. Heck I know a lot of the people on staff... >> I know I will be running some panels this year again. It's like 20 min from my house (seriously, without freeways!) and it would be a crime not to attend. Several people would kick my butt if I didn't go.

YOU ALL NEED TO FREAKIN' ATTEND LIVE ACTION MARIO PARTY!!! Both the day one and if you're old enough the 18+ one!! It's absolutely hysterical!! I will once again be the awesome spazzy fangirl that I am to entertain you all! X3 ATTEND OR I SMOTE YOU! Bwuahahahaha!

<3 Hotaru-chan
My Facebook My deivantArt
Cosplay:
2007- Tsunade (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North), SnJ Jiraiya (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Youmacon), Konan (Youmacon)
2008- SnJ Jiraiya (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, Otakon, Youamcon), Tsunade (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Otakon, Youmacon), Konan (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Otakon)
2009- SnJ Jiraiya (Ohayocon, Anime North), Tsunade (Ohayocon, ACen, Youmacon), Matsumoto (ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Youmacon), Raver!Tsunade (ACen, Anime North), Nathan Explosion (Ohayocon), Santa!Tsuande (Ohayocon)
2010- Matsumoto (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, Youmacon), Santa!Tsunade (Ohayocon), Nathan Explosion (Ohayocon), Adiane (ACen, Anime North, JaFax) Tsunade (ACen, Anime North, JaFax, ConBravo!, Youmacon)
2011: Matsumoto (Ohayocon), Adiane (Ohayocon)

#11 User is offline   Soy Sauce 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 4725

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:40 AM

I'll be attending this con for the first time. Hotaru invited me to go so I'm taking up that offer and do it. Who knows, I'll probably do a skit at Youma.
SoyCon 7: The School Edition | June 28-29, 2014 in Rolling Meadows, IL
Join us on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter as well!

#12 User is offline   omni 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 5659

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:41 AM

Depending on work, I might go to Youmacon. A few of my friends are trying to convince me to go. And I figured if I have the money and can get off work, I will attend.
Acen 2011 cosplays

Hungary: Hetalia
Fairy Tail
One Piece

#13 User is offline   Oreo_Otaku 

• Registration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2339
  • Location:inside your mind... I'm a figment of your imagination

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:08 AM

I might go. twas fun last time and I really like the fact that I could easily get to my room from the bottom floor to the top in a minute XD
[center]How's my driving? Flip FOB Driver Pro: Oreo_Otaku. Comments? CALL: 111-555-9999
If you can read this you get a pat on the back.
I drank GOD and it is good!!!
Part of POWA*PinoyOneWorldAlliance*
ninja>pirates!
Acen Hamburglar

#14 User is offline   DJ_Maiku 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 57

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:00 PM

I had a blast at youmacon as well. I'll definately be returning to DJ and have an artist table next year.
See me in Artist Alley! akicafe.deviantart.com - metallia.etsy.com - awesomebuttons.com
DJ Maiku @ DjMaiku.com

#15 User is offline   hathor_sg1x 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8873

Posted 10 March 2007 - 02:55 AM

I'll be hitting Youmacon for sure since it's only an hour drive from home AND everyone I pretty much know will be attendign the con, so it's a big party and last con of the year for me. That and I got a Star Wars Photoshoot to run Friday so that's gonna be fun. Just debateing If I want to do any panels for Youma.

Oh and Soulcrash! If you liked my homemade Pretzel's I fed to you and Doug last year I'll bring you some for Acen and Youma again! ;-)

#16 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2007 - 06:25 PM

You need to bring some to feed me too!! X3 Or no bosoms fer you! lol.

<3 Hotaru-chan
Cosplay:
2007- Tsunade (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North), SnJ Jiraiya (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Youmacon), Konan (Youmacon)
2008- SnJ Jiraiya (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, Otakon, Youamcon), Tsunade (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Otakon, Youmacon), Konan (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Otakon)
2009- SnJ Jiraiya (Ohayocon, Anime North), Tsunade (Ohayocon, ACen, Youmacon), Matsumoto (ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Youmacon), Raver!Tsunade (ACen, Anime North), Nathan Explosion (Ohayocon), Santa!Tsuande (Ohayocon)
2010- Matsumoto (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, Youmacon), Santa!Tsunade (Ohayocon), Nathan Explosion (Ohayocon), Adiane (ACen, Anime North, JaFax) Tsunade (ACen, Anime North, JaFax, ConBravo!, Youmacon)

#17 User is offline   hathor_sg1x 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8873

Posted 10 March 2007 - 10:33 PM

LOL yes you will get a special doggie bag just for you. As far as it goes You, Jay, Doug are the only ones getting them now unless Soulcrash wants them again as well.

View PostHotaruTenshi, on Mar 11 2007, 12:25 AM, said:

You need to bring some to feed me too!! X3 Or no bosoms fer you! lol.

<3 Hotaru-chan

#18 User is offline   ngsilver 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 2476

Posted 11 March 2007 - 07:35 PM

I've also staffed Youmacon since the first year as their head of AMVs and now DH of the AMV Department which for the first time will have it's very own room to use the whole weekend. Fun times will be had for all ^^
-Nate
AMV ADH/Secretary - ACEN 2011, 2010, 2009
AMV Staff - ACEN 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005

Music Video Contest Coordinator - Video/Audio Track(VAT) DH - Youmacon 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005

The AMV Wars - Chairman - Lead MC
This Week in AMVs

#19 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:23 PM

No way! Reactor and Youmacon are really on the same dates this year? That sucks ;_;

I'll probably go to Youmacon since it gives me a chance to visit a friend, and because...last year's Reactor experience wasn't so pleasant lol. And because there were like no Gothic/Lolita events at Youmacon so I have to bring some there :x
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com
Please come visit studio RoKuliƩ in the artist alley!

#20 User is offline   MBluesummers 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3768

Posted 13 March 2007 - 02:57 PM

Ugh, I just came to a sad sad realization. That I probably will be unable to do youmacon D:. College, ick..My first year, and I am going to a somewhat prestigious art college her in cincy, so the likelyhood of me having little work is slim to none .

This makes me incredibly sad D:

#21 User is offline   Shadow Queen 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9628

Post icon  Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:46 PM

I and the rest of the family will certainly be there. I really enjoyed the con suite: I do hope they have it again this year!!! For us it's a ten hour drive (oy vey!) but very much worth it!!!! Wouldn't miss it for anything!

To MBluesummers: I'd say going to a good college far outweighs the con. Good for you!!! (but we will miss you!)
Like the moon over
the day, my genius and brawn
are lost on these fools
. ~haiku, Bowser, Mario RPG

#22 User is offline   Save The Queen 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6624

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:44 PM

<< Host of Live Action Mario Party at Youmacon. It was seriously one of the funnest things I've done in my entire life. The crowd was great, and enthusiastic about the crazy butt games we made them do.

Don't even get me started on Mario Party: After Dark. That was a dirty dirty adult themed game.... corn, bagles, baby oil, tea bags..... you do the math... God. I LOVE Youmacon!! This year was one of my best convention experiences.

#23 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:16 PM

Me being the over-enthusiastic fangirl and then getting tired that I didn't wanna get up! Mario Party made my year!

<3 Hotaru-chan
Cosplay:

#24 User is offline   ShortSpike 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 02 April 2007 - 12:55 PM

Youmacon was seriously awesome this past year-I just wish that this year it did'nt fall on the same weekend as Reactor.Since Reactor has moved out of the purple hell hole I was actually considering going-but I love Youma too much to miss it.
Provehito in Altum.

#25 User is offline   Bettachi 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 10276

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:49 PM

I only attended Youmacon this past year on Friday, but it was awesome! I sat and watched the Spoony Bards play for hours!
Leader and (so far) only member of the infamous Kiriyama Kult.
Cosplay List
Previous Cosplays: Uchiha Itachi, Gaara, HnJ Tsunade-Naruto, Umehito Nekozawa-Ouran High School Host Club
Kiriyama Kazuo-Battle Royale (Manga), Harima Kenji-School Rumble
Anime Central 2013- PoH, Sword Art Online
Top Floor Survivor of the ACen Embassy Fire of 2010.

#26 User is offline   explodingfitus 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9558

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:50 PM

XD im totally going to this and im bringing my brother so we could prolly pull off Mario (my bro is a big guy o~o) and Luigi
t(@_o t)~!

Loli's Cosplay

Naruto-Itachi 95% done
Naruto-Haku 100% done
Naruto-Kankuro 80% done

FFXI:Opinag
Server: Pheonix

MySpace Y!Gallery Deviantart Zombied

#27 User is offline   Sexy Kankurou 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 10194

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:44 PM

Youmacon rocks my socks. It was so fun, particularly for being smallish. And everyone was so nice!!

I will definitely be going this year, with my Akatsuki and there will be lots of love everywhere.

Animosity Cosplay - We're only doing this because we hate you.
Animosity's Skits
Hetalia Tik Tok (This is also me)

#28 User is offline   frzndaqiri 

• Webmistress
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Administrator
  • Member No.: 4043

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:57 PM

Already registered! I had a blast last year. ^_^
2013 will be my 11th year at ACen! Staff for '09/'10/'11/'12/'13
Currently: Webmistress and Registration System Admin - my answers on them are as STAFF - PM if you need help

Come visit DisjointedImages in Artist's Alley for Cosplay photo buttons and custom made buttons
Get a button or upgrade it to a keychain/zipper pull/magnet/bottle opener/mirror for just a quarter more.
Visit the blog for latest news and contests! Disjointed Images Blog
100% guarantee on buttons. If it breaks, come see me for a FREE replacement.

#29 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:27 AM

I go for free! My friends run a bunch of the panels and I help them out! EVERYONE needs to go to Live Action Mario Party!! X3

<3 Hotaru-chan
Cosplay:

#30 User is offline   NPC 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10579

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:18 PM

Of COURSE I'll be going to Youma again this year.

And I will be on the winning team for MP:AD again. Because I say so. >O

• 14 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users