Anime Central Forums: Are You A Member Of The Glomp Team Yet? - Anime Central Forums

• 167 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Are You A Member Of The Glomp Team Yet?

#2551 User is offline   seshygrl 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 10574

Post icon  Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:25 PM

View Postyoru, on May 8 2007, 05:18 PM, said:

*so excited glomps*

*glomps back* :P :P :P :P
~~~~COSPLAY~~~~~

Kagome from InuYasha: 100% done!
Vampire Yukki from Vampire Knight: 100% done

Sailor Saturn: 95% done
I AM A SOLDIER OF DE GLOMP TEAM WOOT WOOT!!

#2552 User is offline   JesterChesh 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 191

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:15 PM

I want to be excited, but I'm just not. Feeling really depressed atm ...*sigh*
I hope to one day sell in the ACEN artist alley.
ACENI miss you and haven't been since 2005.
Seriously the best con around!

#2553 User is offline   wildcat83 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 8452

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:19 PM

View PostJesterChesh, on May 9 2007, 04:15 AM, said:

I want to be excited, but I'm just not. Feeling really depressed atm ...*sigh*

Yeah you and me both :mellow:
Sqwee of The Glomp Team.
Join Now!!

ACEN '09 Cosplay
My Sister, Sammy Talon
Chopper from One Piece

Wildcat83
Ryo-ohki of Tenchi Muyo

#2554 User is offline   JesterChesh 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:22 PM

View Postwildcat83, on May 9 2007, 04:19 AM, said:

Yeah you and me both :mellow:

why are you depressed?

#2555 User is offline   wildcat83 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:38 PM

View PostJesterChesh, on May 9 2007, 04:22 AM, said:

why are you depressed?

Well some more 'things' have happened, my moms car is acting up, shuting off on us, so we to rent a car to drive now. Interestingm, we spend almost hundred dollars to fix it and now its acting up, so now more money has to be spent to get a car. Then my sister for some odd reason has not finished my outfits so i am like not packed right now cause i am waiting for her, she waits til the last mintue to tell me she dont think she will have time and she appears to of done nothing with my outfits and bills, bills, bills. Plus my badge is not here so i think i will be standing in line afterall to get it, i just feel tired right now not really excited like i want to be
Sqwee of The Glomp Team.
Join Now!!

ACEN '09 Cosplay
My Sister, Sammy Talon
Chopper from One Piece

Wildcat83
Ryo-ohki of Tenchi Muyo

#2556 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:39 PM

I work tommorrow, then I have to shave my legs. I'll leave Thursday morning. I managed to finish 2 of the 4 cosplays I planned. For the first year trying to sew my own & only giving myself a month and a half, that's fairly good.

Still no badge T_T
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#2557 User is offline   wildcat83 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:42 PM

View PostKitsu-chan, on May 9 2007, 04:39 AM, said:

I work tommorrow, then I have to shave my legs. I'll leave Thursday morning. I managed to finish 2 of the 4 cosplays I planned. For the first year trying to sew my own & only giving myself a month and a half, that's fairly good.

Still no badge T_T

YOU HAVENT GOTTEN YOURS EITHER!?!?! wow, ya know i bet a ton of people are going to get theirs tommorow

*glomps Kitsu-Chan*
Sqwee of The Glomp Team.
Join Now!!

ACEN '09 Cosplay
My Sister, Sammy Talon
Chopper from One Piece

Wildcat83
Ryo-ohki of Tenchi Muyo

#2558 User is offline   JesterChesh 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:42 PM

View Postwildcat83, on May 9 2007, 04:38 AM, said:

Well some more 'things' have happened, my moms car is acting up, shuting off on us, so we to rent a car to drive now. Interestingm, we spend almost hundred dollars to fix it and now its acting up, so now more money has to be spent to get a car. Then my sister for some odd reason has not finished my outfits so i am like not packed right now cause i am waiting for her, she waits til the last mintue to tell me she dont think she will have time and she appears to of done nothing with my outfits and bills, bills, bills. Plus my badge is not here so i think i will be standing in line afterall to get it, i just feel tired right now not really excited like i want to be

I'll stand in line with ya if you want. mINE HASNT SHOWN UP EITHER. UNLESS YOULL BE THERE EARLY THURSDAY DAY? i WONT BE ABLE TO STAND IN LINE TILL FRIDAY MORNING. i GET IN LATE THURSDAY. THOUGH HEY, IF YOURE STILL FEELING BUMEDD YOU CAN JOIN ME FOR SOME GIORDONOS PIZZA tHURSDAY NIGHT. sORRY FOR THE CAPS. Just noticed them and to bleh to go back and fix @_@

#2559 User is offline   wildcat83 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:45 PM

View PostJesterChesh, on May 9 2007, 04:42 AM, said:

I'll stand in line with ya if you want. mINE HASNT SHOWN UP EITHER. UNLESS YOULL BE THERE EARLY THURSDAY DAY? i WONT BE ABLE TO STAND IN LINE TILL FRIDAY MORNING. i GET IN LATE THURSDAY. THOUGH HEY, IF YOURE STILL FEELING BUMEDD YOU CAN JOIN ME FOR SOME GIORDONOS PIZZA tHURSDAY NIGHT. sORRY FOR THE CAPS. Just noticed them and to bleh to go back and fix @_@

lol, eh oh we will be there before they open registration and all, i just wish it would come, my mom is going to have a fit casue we have to stand in line and all. Pizza sounds good, if wasnt on a diet, lol. thanks for offering though ^_^

*glomps JesterChesh*
Sqwee of The Glomp Team.
Join Now!!

ACEN '09 Cosplay
My Sister, Sammy Talon
Chopper from One Piece

Wildcat83
Ryo-ohki of Tenchi Muyo

#2560 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:59 AM

Chin up everyone!

Though I am not as excited as I was previous years, it's ACen's 10th... let's hope that wonderous things happen... like the rumored army of Hard Gay cosplayers... any Hard Gay cosplayer, period would do!

*glomps everyone*
Possible 2015 Cosplays- TBA
Thursday-
Friday- Gon Freecs(HunterxHunter) - 0%
Saturday- Shimizu Kiyoko(Haikyuu!!) - 0%
Sunday-

#2561 User is offline   Alkaren Hyralt 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6130

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:45 AM

+e-glomps everyone in the thread+

So I've totally when and where the meetup is. I think its at 3 on friday buit im too lazy to check xD;;
-Zac /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
ACen 2007 - Present - Forums Manager
ACen 2012 - Guest Relations Handlers DH
ACen 2010, 2011 - Guest Relations Operations ADH
ACen 2008, 2009 - Main Programming ADH
ACen 2006, 2007 - Main Programming Staff
Drunken Otaku Syndicate Member - "This is what happens when you give me vodka that tastes like water!"
Alcoholic Hunter X of the ROS Order
AIM: Alkaren Hyralt / Facebook: alkaren
Questions about forums registration or in general please e-mail us

#2562 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:57 AM

View PostAmunet, on May 8 2007, 09:07 AM, said:

Oh that's great KC!!! I'm so glad :) Lol I can't wait to see you, you're gonna look cool.

I told my lil sis about your costume, she doesn't remember a Dani Phantom (girl style), perhaps you could explain it to me so I could tell her. She likes the show too :)

Well Dani is only in two episodes, one was "Kindred Spirits" which was the end of season 2, and the other one hasn't aired yet but will in June, it's called "D-Stablized" and is awesome (I can't help it, I couldn't wait and watched it on Google Video ;) cuz it's already aired in other countries).

In KS Vlad was trying to clone himself the perfect half-ghost son and one of the not-quite-right clones was Dani, but she's way better and more self-aware than the other clones. :D It's my favorite episode, I have it on my iPod and I watch it at lunch all the time.

I'm glad to hear everyone's getting their badges! Me, I'll be standing in line after I get back from Mitsuwa, I was too paranoid about the mail around here to have it mailed.

I'm really getting excited, my manager actually said today when he, the head of the needlework dept, and I were discussing how we were going to get the department reset done that my mind was already on vacation. :) I didn't disagree! So tomorrow I get to spend seven hours of boredom then go to my cousin's house so she can French braid my hair, and then stay up way late tomorrow putting the finishing touches on my package for Kari Wahlgren. Yay! :D

*super-excited glomps to all!*
Special Needs and Compliance DH for Acen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
Acen 2014: 50s Sailor Mercury, Agent Simmons from S.H.I.E.L.D., Kim Possible, Ghostbuster, frazzled DH
Youmacon 2014: (tentative) Captain Marvelous, Agent Simmons?, Ace from Doctor Who?
Chicago TARDIS 2014: (tentative) Fourth Doctor, Ace

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My blog / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#2563 User is offline   seshygrl 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:27 AM

View PostKnitChick, on May 9 2007, 12:57 AM, said:

Well Dani is only in two episodes, one was "Kindred Spirits" which was the end of season 2, and the other one hasn't aired yet but will in June, it's called "D-Stablized" and is awesome (I can't help it, I couldn't wait and watched it on Google Video ;) cuz it's already aired in other countries).

In KS Vlad was trying to clone himself the perfect half-ghost son and one of the not-quite-right clones was Dani, but she's way better and more self-aware than the other clones. :D It's my favorite episode, I have it on my iPod and I watch it at lunch all the time.
I'm glad to hear everyone's getting their badges! Me, I'll be standing in line after I get back from Mitsuwa, I was too paranoid about the mail around here to have it mailed.

I'm really getting excited, my manager actually said today when he, the head of the needlework dept, and I were discussing how we were going to get the department reset done that my mind was already on vacation. :) I didn't disagree! So tomorrow I get to spend seven hours of boredom then go to my cousin's house so she can French braid my hair, and then stay up way late tomorrow putting the finishing touches on my package for Kari Wahlgren. Yay! :D

*super-excited glomps to all!*

oooooooooo i remember that episode....she was sooo cool!!!! :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
~~~~COSPLAY~~~~~

#2564 User is offline   wildcat83 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:51 AM

Well last day before we leave, unfortunately i wont have my kakashi outfit done, so those who may be going to otakon will see me in it. But i will at least have my Lee Shirt hopefully Thursday, my Saskue Oufit Friday and my Neji outfit Saturday (all three timeskip), maybe i will have my Kiddy Grade shirt on Sunday.

So whos going to the opening ceremonies? What happens during them, do they do videos or something?
Sqwee of The Glomp Team.
Join Now!!

ACEN '09 Cosplay
My Sister, Sammy Talon
Chopper from One Piece

Wildcat83
Ryo-ohki of Tenchi Muyo

#2565 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 4411

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:12 AM

I'm not that excited either ... like ... I was more excited a week or two ago then I am now x.x Dunno why, probably cause I'm worn out and tired.
My cosplay isn't finished yet (but it will be damn it!). So yeah ... lots of crap but today I gotta get to work and just go through the day.
On the upside, I did get my badge ... that's good :)

But I'm with you guys on the whole ... non-motivation thing. I tried packing last night ... didn't work >.>

Zac - The meetup is at 8pm on saturday, the group photo will be at 8:15
♥ Amunet will move to Illinois! Coming Soon ♥
~ Captain of The Glomp Team ~
Official Thread of The Glomp Team ~ Click Here ~
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#2566 User is offline   wildcat83 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:31 AM

Well, its not entirely down around here, it will be fun to go, especially me, i would like to see how this con works from Youmacon ^_^. More people too, more everything, so i am excited about that. Plus its vacation for me too ^_^, then i will be diong this again in July
Sqwee of The Glomp Team.
Join Now!!

ACEN '09 Cosplay
My Sister, Sammy Talon
Chopper from One Piece

Wildcat83
Ryo-ohki of Tenchi Muyo

#2567 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:55 AM

Ah I'm glad you're excited ^_^

I don't think I'll be excited till I get to the airport ... maybe on the plane ^^; I guess it's sort of surreal right now.

I'm sure I'll get pumped once I get into O'hare ^_^
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#2568 User is offline   wildcat83 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:07 AM

View PostAmunet, on May 9 2007, 02:55 PM, said:

Ah I'm glad you're excited ^_^

I don't think I'll be excited till I get to the airport ... maybe on the plane ^^; I guess it's sort of surreal right now.

I'm sure I'll get pumped once I get into O'hare ^_^

Yep ^_^. I dont know what to expect there lol, how the panels, game room and video room work and all. Anyone here been to Otakon??

*glomps Amunet*

Now this is wierd, I got my badge, but my mom and sisters didnt get theirs, so they have to stand in line
Sqwee of The Glomp Team.
Join Now!!

ACEN '09 Cosplay
My Sister, Sammy Talon
Chopper from One Piece

Wildcat83
Ryo-ohki of Tenchi Muyo

#2569 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:21 PM

Question,

should I prepare to be glomped a lot at the con? I've already gotten glomped a lot over the internet, a lot of the time I don't even know who they are.(a few I do know *glomps JesterChesh*), but... ah... it's sort of, um... surprising! XD

I will be in the, hopefully short, line for replacement badges with my sister... she never received hers, so we shall be in line together =3
Possible 2015 Cosplays- TBA
Thursday-
Friday- Gon Freecs(HunterxHunter) - 0%
Saturday- Shimizu Kiyoko(Haikyuu!!) - 0%
Sunday-

#2570 User is offline   seshygrl 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:23 PM

View PostCherry_Wolf, on May 9 2007, 12:21 PM, said:

Question,

should I prepare to be glomped a lot at the con? I've already gotten glomped a lot over the internet, a lot of the time I don't even know who they are.(a few I do know *glomps JesterChesh*), but... ah... it's sort of, um... surprising! XD
I will be in the, hopefully short, line for replacement badges with my sister... she never received hers, so we shall be in line together =3

you prob should...heeheeheee i might b one of them muahahahahaha
~~~~COSPLAY~~~~~

#2571 User is offline   seshygrl 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:19 PM

I FINALLY GOT MY STUFF FOR ONE OF MY COSTUMES!!! ALL I NEED NOW IS TO FIX IT UP A BIT!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!
:P :P :P :D :D :D :D
~~~~COSPLAY~~~~~

#2572 User is offline   yoru 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 3923

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:09 PM

Thats great tiff
Con's for '10: Acen, Youma
Apply to be a model for Khaotic Kouture

Exhibit hall Staffer 2009-2010
WOOT

Convicted Acen Junky

#2573 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:10 PM

View Postwildcat83, on May 9 2007, 07:07 AM, said:

Yep ^_^. I dont know what to expect there lol, how the panels, game room and video room work and all. Anyone here been to Otakon??

*glomps Amunet*

Now this is wierd, I got my badge, but my mom and sisters didnt get theirs, so they have to stand in line

Well ... crowds and lines. You should expect thoes. I've never been to a panel, which is why this year I'm all about panels! Lol uhm the game room is pretty awesome (to say the least). I don't spend too much time in the game room, but I go in to see the people and oogle at their wonder o.o

But above all, it's extremely fun. I enjoy taking pictures of people! That's gotta be my favorite part (hallway cosplay).

View PostCherry_Wolf, on May 9 2007, 11:21 AM, said:

Question,

Well, depends your character. If you're cosplaying as a fairly popular character ... brace yourself! Lol. If you do not wish to be glomped, just let us know :) I know there is a lot of glompage at the Glomp Team meetup though, lol there was last year!!
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#2574 User is offline   Pochi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11038

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:12 PM

*sneaks out from the crowd of of cosplayers, darting between them on all fours, moving around too spasticaly to predict.... seeing a group of guys around the target, throws yuri to get them to scatter and chase after it.... one other guy remains whom is then distracted with yaoi... Finally, with the target vulnerable, a glorious leap with arms outstretched, finally reaching to glomp Amunet*

#2575 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:48 PM

I got a group of guys surrounding me? That is so cool >.>

*glomp senses tingling, I quickly jerk my neck to see a flying figure poised towards me. Opening my arms widely and intercepts the glomping figure and spin it around until I get dizzy and fall down*

Hahaha that was fun! I take it that was your initiation glomps >.>
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^

#2576 User is offline   JesterChesh 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:51 PM

Woot I got my badge ya all. ^_^ Still a little meh feeling.], and thinking I have more time on me then I really do. I was suppose to finish up some items 4 hours ago. Instead I was running errands. @_@. I should be in bed within the next hour. not gonna happen and I have work in less then 8 hours so..sleep is gonna be very lil, then after work i am on my way. see ya all there *glomps all the gt members and falls over exhausted*

#2577 User is offline   Pochi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 11038

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:11 PM

View PostAmunet, on May 9 2007, 10:48 PM, said:

I got a group of guys surrounding me? That is so cool >.>

*glomp senses tingling, I quickly jerk my neck to see a flying figure poised towards me. Opening my arms widely and intercepts the glomping figure and spin it around until I get dizzy and fall down*

Hahaha that was fun! I take it that was your initiation glomps >.>

Yup~ that was the intention~ :3

Sankyu~ *Glomps and rides on your back* ;D

#2578 User is offline   seshygrl 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:22 PM

View Postyoru, on May 9 2007, 07:09 PM, said:

Thats great tiff

im half done with fixing it up!!! muahaha.....i have the jewl necklace too!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
~~~~COSPLAY~~~~~

#2579 User is offline   Kitsu-chan 

• 2+2 = 5
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6190
  • Location:Hiding from my Sewing machine. Shh... Don't tell it I'm under the bed.

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:50 PM

Still no badge. I'll be the SnJ Yoko Kurama sitting in line eating cake & reading manga. I was gonna give the cake to Registration, but not anymore. Now they get to drool at the sweet aroma.
Resident Ladyboy of the ACen Forums

Sadly won't be attending ACen 2012. So I'll be taking my cosplay up a notch for 2013.

#2580 User is offline   Amunet 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:31 PM

Hahahaha Kitsu, that's hilarious XD

Okay so my laptop is packed up ... now I'm on my new desktop puter XD
わたしは クリス です。 ^_^