Anime Central Forums: Regisration Head Addresses Recent Group Troubles - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Regisration Head Addresses Recent Group Troubles Questions/answers about recent problems with group registration.

#31 User is offline   Reipoker 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9673

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:03 AM

I IM'ed you on AIM but I thought it would be also wise to leave a message here just in case you didn't get the IM due to being in a meeting or something.

I am having the same trouble as everyone else and my group is

QP-290

Thank You!!! :P

#32 User is offline   Inayashu 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 615

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:11 AM

gah! I know for sure that no one has pressed the submit button on our group, but it's saying that our group is complete and I can't finish our group!
TT__TT It's locked up again. We're done adding people and I wanna finish our registration...
The group is NV-998
sorry about all the trouble and thank you in advance
Now known as Akarui-Chan
Thursday:idk
Fri: Ranka Lee(Default Yellow)/Macross Frontier
Saturday: Ranka Lee(Intergalactic Cinderella)/Macross Frontier; Horo
Masquerade:Horo(Holo)/Spice and Wolf
Sun: Ranka Lee(Nyan Nyan Uniform)/Macross Frontier
my cosplay site! ^-^

#33 User is offline   Reipoker 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9673

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:07 PM

I had a problem with logging in like everyone else and now that part is fixed however I have another problem.

One of the people trying to join my group can not join the group because the Join Group site doesn't recognize her pre-registration code. I doubled checked with her to make sure she copied her code down correctly and even tried entering it myself and we both keep getting this message, "failed to find unique person" I entered another person's code in the box and added them to the group and they were added just fine so I think it has something to do with her code.

JKTY-1184 is her code.

Any and all help with this would be most welcome. Thank you!!

~~~Christopher

(Group: QP-290)

#34 User is offline   rupert003 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9797

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:45 PM

Ack! I just found the post about conflicting adresses.... You should put that kind of information on the frontpage I guess... either way, mo worries are lessened. Me. want. badge. in. mail. :)

Old post:

I'm pretty worried about my group's registration.
We hit the same problem as everybody here with not being able to add members and print the paystub, but this was taken care of by The Rabbi for which my group is very thankful.
However.... I printed the paystub, wrote down my credit card number on it (because the form only mentioned that the Tier 1 registration was until the 10th so to be safe I didn't send a possibly insufficient check JUST in case anyone who processed the check would forget about the extended deadline), put it all in the envelope, sealed it, put some stamps on it, and sent it to the address the paystub mentioned. :angry: Then I noticed something weird...

The address on the group paystub is different then the address on the website. :blink: I sent my payment to the address on the paystub, it's been almost a week now, and I still don't know if you got the payment or not. My card wasn't charged, I didn't get any e-mails, and I'm worried.

The form seems like no one paid any attention to it. Tier 1 is still 10th, the second page has a different address, and it also tells people that pre-reg payments recieved after April 21, 2006 will be denied.

The address on the paystub mentions Devon Ave. while the website mentions Higgins. Where the heck are people supposed to send payments to? By the way, I met two other people in my college who also sent their payments to the Devon address.

Please respond.

My group code is: KK-512

"Glok loved storms! He'd sit an' watch an' laugh through the whole thing. I miss him." —Squee, goblin cabin hand

“But bless us, things may be lovable that are not altogether handsome. […] I have seen many an excellent matron, who could never in her best days have been handsome, and yet she had a packet of yellow love-letters in a private drawer, and sweet children showered kisses on her sallow cheeks. […] Yes! Thank God; human feeling is like the mighty rivers that bless the earth: it does not wait for beauty – it flows with resistless force and brings beauty with it.”
-- George Eliot.

#35 User is offline   GreatTO 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 9993

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:53 PM

Hi I just registered myself and as i've been reading, it's seems that there's quite a problem with these group registrations and well I really do hate to sound like I'm repeating the same thing as everyone else but I yes unfortunately it has happened to me too.

I registered myself and then started a group, however it seems it's not letting anyone join my group and i tried to log in to administer the group and it doesn't let me, my group number is OA-431 and i just checked and it does say that its COMPLETE...

Hope someone can help me, Thanks in advance

#36 User is offline   Alisha Shatogi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9998

Posted 24 March 2007 - 12:43 PM

The same problem - When I FIRST registered and created a group, I could log in as the leader, but since then, I have not been able to and no one has been able to join my group. We were really hoping to make the Tier 1, but even with the extention, if I can't log in and no one can join the group, it's looking like we're going to miss the even extended cutoff. It is listing the group as COMPLETE when I view my own prereg status. We've been trying for a week and a half now without success.

Just what's up with this anyway? Are we going to be able to get Tier 1 because a technical problem prevented us from sending our payment in time, or will we have to take Tier 2?

The group is HI-137.

Thanks in advance, I work in tech support myself and know how batty it can drive you when you get a flood of identical complaints so you definatly have my sympathy.

#37 User is offline   mj82 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10002

Posted 24 March 2007 - 02:38 PM

Thanks for letting us know about this problem, I thought I was locked out of my account. My group is JF-837.

#38 User is offline   rupert003 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9797

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:52 PM

Badges, Badges, Badges!
A-Cen! A-Cen!

w00t
"Glok loved storms! He'd sit an' watch an' laugh through the whole thing. I miss him." —Squee, goblin cabin hand

“But bless us, things may be lovable that are not altogether handsome. […] I have seen many an excellent matron, who could never in her best days have been handsome, and yet she had a packet of yellow love-letters in a private drawer, and sweet children showered kisses on her sallow cheeks. […] Yes! Thank God; human feeling is like the mighty rivers that bless the earth: it does not wait for beauty – it flows with resistless force and brings beauty with it.”
-- George Eliot.

#39 User is offline   jr14 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10052

Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:49 PM

i cant log in to edit group members, it refreshes it self my group code is UL-904

#40 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 27 March 2007 - 02:07 PM

GreatTO, Alisha, mj82, and jr14:

I have unlocked your groups. I apologize for it taking this long, but I will reiterate that you will get service a lot faster if you PM me (or IM me). There are many registration threads to check but only one PM inbox to check, so that's the best place to send unlock requests, etc.

<DR>
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#41 User is offline   Empress Mom 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 6962

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:19 AM

View PostFrenziedFury, on Feb 19 2007, 09:47 AM, said:

I'll do my best to answer any questions you may have about recent issue we have with adding members to groups. I was first alerted to this problem yesterday afternoon by a fellow staffer and we thought we had it covered, but judging by the threads and the numerous e-mails I've recieved, this is not an isolated issue.

For both staffers and attendees not aware of what's going on, there seems to be a problem with the group registration system. Attendees are unable to log in to the group administration page where they can add more members to their groups, which are being marked as "COMPLETE" in the pre-reg database. This isn't supposed to happen until the payment has been recieved and I or another staffer has confirmed them in the database. Thus, attendees are unable to add people to their groups because according the database, they've already paid and can't add anyone else.

Sam Chen and I believe we may have found the reason behind this. We think it's a programming snafu. As I stated earlier, a registration, be it an individual or a group, is not marked as COMPLETE in our system until we recieve the payment and it's confirmed in the database. Our guess is that group leaders have been clicking the print paystub button before they were done adding everyone to the group. With the way the system was programmed, it thinks if you're clicking the print paystub button you must be done adding everyone and locks the group out and marks you as having paid (eventually). Since it thinks you've paid already, it won't allow you to add anyone else to the group.

Mr. Chen and I have tried signing ourselves up as attendees and based on our trial, we think this is the likely culprit. We've got our coders looking into fixing this. Until then, the only way to reset your group's status to SUBMITTED is to contact me via e-mail (registration at acen.org), AIM: CrashXistence, Y! Messenger: Vandal_Zero, or here on the forums with your group code and I will change the status myself. We look to have this issue resolved soon and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

#42 User is offline   Empress Mom 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 6962

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:22 AM

I believe my group is locked. When other members try to join the group they are told that 'That group does not exist or you may not join that group'. The group is UC-315.

#43 User is offline   Eerie_eiri 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10610

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:05 AM

Same problem as everyone else here. I cant log in to get my group info set up the rest of the way. VA-914 is my group.
I can't sign on, i cant get the payment stub... WTF?

#44 User is offline   brwneyedwitch70 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10718

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:37 PM

I have a Group hold.

Group Code: VV-467
my email: fabbyk31@yahoo.com

If I hadn't checked to status today after receiving an email on March 30 that our registration was complete I wouldn't have known. What does this mean? I have posted same post in a few places.....I am just trying to get this taken care of for next week. PLEASE HELP!
What thyng is it that wommen moost desiren?
Somme seyde wommen loven best richesse,
Somme seyde honour, somme seyde jolynesse,
Somme riche array, somme seyden lust abedde,
And oftetyme to be wydwe and wedde.
Somme seyde that oure hertes been moost esed
Whan that we been yflatered and yplesed.

Wommen desiren to have sovereynetee
As wel over hir housbond as hir love,
And for to been in maistrie hym above.
This is youre mooste desir

Wife of Bath's Tale by Geoffrey Chaucer

#45 User is offline   youknow 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 10749

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:55 PM

I also have a group that status is on "hold". I have email confirmations for the individuals that they have been registered. My credit card has been charged, a long time ago.

Group # QQ-222.

Please let me know what this means, and what I need to do, or what you will do. :blink:

#46 User is offline   CATHYJ 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9645

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:53 PM

Our group (EE -843) also has a HOLD status, although are registration has been COMPLETE for quite a while now. What does this mean? We have not received our badges yet - I know there were delays - but were ours actually mailed?

Thanks!

#47 User is offline   Shampoo-chan13 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 6607

Posted 10 May 2007 - 03:33 PM

our group leader got a badge but we payed with the same check....and no one else in the group got a badge..and the status on them are SUMITTED not complete.....
Known as Shampoo

Myspace Facebook
Planning
Agito: *Finish Details* | Poland/Feliks: *working on each outfit*
Mao: 60% *Need Wig/Blue Cloak/Headphones* | Usami/Usagi: 70% *Need Wig/Vest* | Kadaj; *for 2011*
KOS MOS: *for 2010!* | Zidane Tribal: Dream | Teito Klein; *After KOS MOS* | Sexy no Jutsu Sasuke; *Planning*
:: Dream Cosplays: KOS MOS
Passed Cosplay: Reno, Deidara, The Ring girl, Pigtailed Ed,TS Naruto Sexy no Jutsu, Causal Shuichi, Lambo, Meowth, Akito/Agito

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users