Anime Central Forums: Regisration Head Addresses Recent Group Troubles - Anime Central Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Regisration Head Addresses Recent Group Troubles Questions/answers about recent problems with group registration.

#1 User is offline   FrenziedFury 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 2401

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:47 AM

I'll do my best to answer any questions you may have about recent issue we have with adding members to groups. I was first alerted to this problem yesterday afternoon by a fellow staffer and we thought we had it covered, but judging by the threads and the numerous e-mails I've recieved, this is not an isolated issue.

For both staffers and attendees not aware of what's going on, there seems to be a problem with the group registration system. Attendees are unable to log in to the group administration page where they can add more members to their groups, which are being marked as "COMPLETE" in the pre-reg database. This isn't supposed to happen until the payment has been recieved and I or another staffer has confirmed them in the database. Thus, attendees are unable to add people to their groups because according the database, they've already paid and can't add anyone else.

Sam Chen and I believe we may have found the reason behind this. We think it's a programming snafu. As I stated earlier, a registration, be it an individual or a group, is not marked as COMPLETE in our system until we recieve the payment and it's confirmed in the database. Our guess is that group leaders have been clicking the print paystub button before they were done adding everyone to the group. With the way the system was programmed, it thinks if you're clicking the print paystub button you must be done adding everyone and locks the group out and marks you as having paid (eventually). Since it thinks you've paid already, it won't allow you to add anyone else to the group.

Mr. Chen and I have tried signing ourselves up as attendees and based on our trial, we think this is the likely culprit. We've got our coders looking into fixing this. Until then, the only way to reset your group's status to SUBMITTED is to contact me via e-mail (registration at acen.org), AIM: CrashXistence, Y! Messenger: Vandal_Zero, or here on the forums with your group code and I will change the status myself. We look to have this issue resolved soon and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
ACen never dies! It just goes to the forums! Hilarity ensues!
I came here to kick butt and chew bubblegum and my feet are killing me!

Jayson D. Clarkson
Registration DH - Anime Central 2006 - 2007
Masquerade Judge - Anime Central 2006 - 2009
Green Room ADH - Anime Central 2009
Registration Grievance Thread
Registration FAQ
Click here for registration hours, prices, procedures, etc.

#2 User is offline   youngamer03 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6273

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:59 PM

Great. Thank you so much with the post. Hopefully you guys can give us a quick fix. Also will the problem still continue also is this problem connected with the everyone the same last name? My group code is GY-158. Thanks Again

#3 User is offline   Soda 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9563

Posted 27 February 2007 - 06:44 PM

My group code is DA-825. I know I didn't press the print pay stub button so I am not sure that that is the issue here.

Thank you for the help.

#4 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:18 PM

Ya we're not sure what the cause is.. we assumed that was the issue but it seems like it's not a direct issue.
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

#5 User is offline   Soda 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9563

Posted 01 March 2007 - 01:06 AM

View PostDJFLuFFKiNS, on Feb 27 2007, 07:18 PM, said:

Ya we're not sure what the cause is.. we assumed that was the issue but it seems like it's not a direct issue.

If my group misses the tier 1 registration because of this error will there be an extension?

#6 User is offline   murakumo32 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 9583

Posted 01 March 2007 - 07:01 AM

My group code is RI-041. Thank you in advance.

#7 User is offline   Sakiru 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9590

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:28 PM

I know I dind't click any buttons, but the system won't allow me to log into the group page at all, it simply refreshes the log in. Also it tells registering members that the gorup does not exist? It might be this problem.. anyway, our code is BN-531. Any help would be appreciated~!
~Tosshi~

#8 User is offline   youngamer03 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:53 PM

View PostSoda, on Mar 1 2007, 01:06 AM, said:

If my group misses the tier 1 registration because of this error will there be an extension?

I don't think they have ever extended tiers. That would be kewl but I dont think so. Unless they are kind to us. But I just want to get the special badge and get this over with cuz i still gotz to look up prom stuff.

#9 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:31 PM

If we get payment up, we won't, if we don't, we probably will
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)

#10 User is offline   Inayashu 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 615

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:46 AM

Our group still can't add people >_<
Our group is NV-998
Our group leader is Susan Reinhofer if you need to know that
Thank you so much for addressing that~!
Now known as Akarui-Chan
Thursday:idk
Fri: Ranka Lee(Default Yellow)/Macross Frontier
Saturday: Ranka Lee(Intergalactic Cinderella)/Macross Frontier; Horo
Masquerade:Horo(Holo)/Spice and Wolf
Sun: Ranka Lee(Nyan Nyan Uniform)/Macross Frontier
my cosplay site! ^-^

#11 User is offline   ChibiSamuraiX 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4760

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:52 PM

QV-917 help please!
Blarg!

#12 User is offline   Hobbitguy1420 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6050

Posted 05 March 2007 - 07:57 PM

I'm having a new problem with my group - when I log in, all it shows are the "home" and "log out" buttons.

I need to print out my pay stub, so if this could be looked at pretty quickly I'd appreciate it. thanks!

kx-056 is the group

#13 User is offline   Midboss 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9676

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:28 PM

I suffer from this as well. Can you fix group CO-287? Thanks a whole lot in advance!

#14 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:25 AM

I forward them to the proper authorities as soon as I can, I personally do not have access to unlock groups XD
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair

#15 User is offline   Aj-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Member No.: 6981

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:48 PM

I printed out my group's pay stub, but now we're just going to pay our fees online, so I tried to log in and dissolve the group, but can't :( Can administration dissolve the group (SG-202)?
Thanks in advance :)

#16 User is offline   aurace 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9694

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:14 PM

My group, PQ-283, got caught in this as well and can't add people >< Thanks in advance ^^.

#17 User is offline   Shasi~ 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6668

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:32 PM

I can't add additional members either. Group # is EO-285. I really hope you guys get the errors settled. :\

Thank you so much!
COSPLAYYYYY
THIS YEAR
Haruko
???
LAST YEAR
Suzumiya Haruhi: SPACE ADMIRAL!!
ME-tan!
www.myspace.com/cabbageduel

#18 User is offline   andaloo 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9631

Posted 06 March 2007 - 11:09 PM

Having problems logging in. SF-869. Also what is the group rate amount and requirements?

#19 User is offline   youngamer03 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:03 PM

Still having trouble I am done adding but I want to print out the stub but it says complete but I did not pay for it. So can someone fix this problem for my group plz. Group: GY-158

#20 User is offline   Fire Claimer 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 9715
  • Location:In a warehouse full of dust, fighting a red lotus radical.

Post icon  Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:15 PM

Um yeah. Hi. I'm a newbie obviously. But...can you fix the problem with group # WW-889 :blink: I can't add members. Group WW-889 just registered last night so, in advance, thank you for your help.

~<3 Fire Claimer ;)
2015:
Hikaru Shidou (Final Armor)- Magic Knights Rayearth (70%)
Emerald Sustrai - RWBY (98%)
Korra (Original Ver) - Legend of Korra (50%)
Raava - Legend of Korra (0%)

#21 User is offline   stelu-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5841

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:44 PM

Yeah, I think I might have pressed da button. My group is SY-016, I've got all my money, I just can't get in there to print the paystub.

Can I send it without it? Like, write a note or something that says (something alongs the lines of) "This is the payment for group SY-016, due to complications on the website... etc."? Would that work?

I need to add someone in there. But if I can't, I'll just write a letter (which I am doing right now), including everyone's reg. numbers, including the girl that isn't in the group because I can't accept her.
ACen 09: Tifa Lockhart (KHII, FFVII: AC/DoC ver.), Bianchi (Random... Casual... Whatever)

ACen 2010 Plans: Matsumoto Rangiku (Fuku-taichou), Emma (Season/Part One Maid Uniform),
Tifa Lockhart (KHII, FFVII: AC/DoC ver.), Tifa Lockhart (FFVII), Ireland (Original Hetalia)
I wish I could sew better, I could be making costumes ALL YEAR! DX

#22 User is offline   andaloo 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9631

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:04 PM

View Postandaloo, on Mar 6 2007, 11:09 PM, said:

Having problems logging in. SF-869. Also what is the group rate amount and requirements?

also other group members can't join the group as well when asked for group code.

#23 User is offline   Haunt 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9435

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:18 PM

I believe I asked you about this over IM and email; but since I couldn't get ahold of you there, I'll ask here: could you please reset the status of Group IF-171 to submitted? Thanks!

#24 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 07 March 2007 - 09:32 PM

Hi all,

I'm one of the programmers working on rooting out the problems with the reg system. To past and future posters in this thread: if you have troubles with the Group implementation, I'd like to request that you contact me about them via PM. Please be specific about your problems and include your Group Code and Confirmation Code as well as any other pertinent information so that I will have enough information to track your group.

Thank you,
Rabbi
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#25 User is offline   FiestaChica7 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 1886

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:43 AM

So that's what's going on! Thanks for the help Reg!

#26 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:17 AM

Hey Guys,

As of last night Rabbi and the crew have fixed the underlying issue with account administration, they are working on unlocking groups now.
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair

#27 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:10 PM

Yeah, this is a bit of a repeat of Sam's post, up there:

The bug that caused the group admin console to appear blank has been fixed. Or, at least, it now works and no-one has discovered another way in which it is broken yet. In addition, a bug which caused the paystubs to not display has been fixed. There is still a known bug wherein all members of that group will appear with last names identical to that of the group leader's. This does not represent their last name as recorded in the database. As the paystub has other indentifying info on it, our reg department is still able to handle these paystubs and thus fixing this particular bug is lower on our list than getting everyone's groups into working status.

As always, feel free to PM or IM me with questions.
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#28 User is offline   ChiyoTenshi 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9755

Posted 09 March 2007 - 02:30 PM

My group code is RR-559, and I still cannot log into administer the group. If you could help me out, that would be GREAT! Thankies!!!

~Chiyo~
~Riza~

----Cosplays----
Friday - Riza Hawkeye
Saturday - Bride/Wedding Riza Hawkeye

#29 User is offline   KurolokiRoku 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1211

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:18 AM

I emailed reg support three days ago with no response. I cannot log into my group. The code is WP680. Thank you for your efforts.
kuroloki.deviantart.com
www.rokulie.com
Please come visit studio RoKuliƩ in the artist alley!

#30 User is offline   DatBan 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9727

Posted 10 March 2007 - 03:16 PM

blah-blah-blah ditto, blah-blah-blah PM sent back in reply to Rabbi

Personally, I'm just having people who want to join my group PM me their confirmation codes over at my own forum, and figure I'll add them myself really, really, quickly when the thing's open.

I wish to take this moment to express my profound thanks to the ACen crew for extending the registration payment deadline to the 18th. With any amount of positive luck, this should be the storm that preceeds the nice pretty rainbow of an actual convention.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users