• This topic is locked

Japanese Musical Guests! Our 2007 Musical Guest from Japan

#61 User is offline   aoi umi 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 6726

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:44 PM

Yay! Yes, I was quite a DA fan for awhile, and still am really... It's always been so frustrating though, because his stuff is nearly impossible to find... And I really don't know what I'd do without the Internet and mp3 technology...(ahem.) >x>;;

Anyway yeah, DA is a frickin' genius sometimes, so much so that I don't care if he was a prick to Sakanoue or whoever else. Just as long as I can enjoy that music. LOL.

I didn't know Ito and Kuroda formed a band together. I knew they were doing solo acts for awhile...but huh, that's news to me. (I don't necessarily keep up with these things...especially because all the guys who *used* to do music with DA are now no longer graced with his compositional skillz. Heh.)

Hope this isn't going too far off-topic, but what related music do you listen to besides Iceman? Although sometimes it's hit-or-miss (even with Iceman), I really like some songs from Access, Yuki Kimura, Kotani Kinya (from Gravitation), The Seeker, and the man himself (QMR! QMR!). ^o^ Does he work with Kimeru? 'Cuz Kimeru's music really sounds like it...
2007 Cosplays: Yamato Nakano (Loveless), Gatomon/Tailmon (Digimon)

#62 User is offline   maskalade 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9432

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:38 PM

god bless the internet. XD to date all of my DA related music (that isn't kinya or sakanoue) is in mp3 form .___.;;;. that stuff is rare...
I used to be into all of them! Sakanoue is my main #1 of-all-time-omg fandom, y'see (which is why it's mindblowing that I'm going to this con o___o ), so i kind of focus in on him more - but I absolutely LOVE kotani Kinya! He's my second favourite!
I loved Mads' covers, listened to a tonne of The Seeker...I used to like a bit of Yuki but i didn't hear much of her. I didn't like access at all at first but lately I've been really getting into them :D. I liked a lot of Ken Ito solo/E-machine. I love the QMR series too! Green is my favourite. XDD
Also T.M Revolution was my first ever J-music and I first heard Kinya and Sakkan when I was 12, so you can imagine how I flipped when I found out they were all connected. XD
DA's an incredible composer. I'd absolutely KILL to see him live, really ;; even though he's supposedly a terror to work with.
He doesn't work with Kimeru on a constant basis BUT kimeru is very heavily influenced by him and they recorded two singles together (Starry Heavens - which is beautiful - and Mizu no Kioku)

/segue into DA-family. i really get too excited over that little group of musicians XD <3
Q. Who're SPIRAL SPIDERS?
A: A six-man band fronted by Gravitation OP singer Yosuke Sakanoue
http://www.myspace.com/spaspa

Q.Who's Yosuke Sakanoue?
A: a 26 year old who hates his ex-boss and writes songs about ANARCHYYYY IN ZA TOKYOOOO CITTYYYY
http://sakkan.livejournal.com

#63 User is offline   aoi umi 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6726

Posted 19 April 2007 - 12:09 AM

Eee! Do you have "Starry Heavens"? I saw the video recently but wasn't able to find the song anywhere. OMG PM me!! o.o

I actually own a few DA-related CDs -- 2 Access CDs and a Yuki Kimura CD. (Don't make me out to be a bad guy, Copyright Police! I would buy more of them if they were actually available...><) From Access, I really recommend some of the newer songs, like "Edge" and especially "Hung Me For The Distance." <3
2007 Cosplays: Yamato Nakano (Loveless), Gatomon/Tailmon (Digimon)

#64 User is offline   Chibi-Soujiro 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9460

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:41 PM

Where do you go at ACen to get your badge thingy marked to ensure you get to see the bands' concerts? =0

#65 User is offline   Chibifaery 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8986

Posted 19 April 2007 - 09:24 PM

View PostChibi-Soujiro, on Apr 19 2007, 07:41 PM, said:

Where do you go at ACen to get your badge thingy marked to ensure you get to see the bands' concerts? =0

I actually asked something to this stature a few comments ago. It sounded like they might be handing out tickets to people for the concert. So first come first serve type thing since you know for obvious fire codes they can only have so many people in a room. I am wondering if they are going to do the ticket thing where do we get the tickets so we aren't running all around the con trying to find them. Hell they might even do just first come first serve in line. Who knows what the heck they are doing for it *shrugs*
What if the hokey-pokey is what it is all about?

#66 User is offline   Chibi-Soujiro 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 20 April 2007 - 05:00 AM

View PostChibifaery, on Apr 19 2007, 10:24 PM, said:

I actually asked something to this stature a few comments ago. It sounded like they might be handing out tickets to people for the concert. So first come first serve type thing since you know for obvious fire codes they can only have so many people in a room. I am wondering if they are going to do the ticket thing where do we get the tickets so we aren't running all around the con trying to find them. Hell they might even do just first come first serve in line. Who knows what the heck they are doing for it *shrugs*

Aww. cause I might not get to ACen til like... noon-1pm-ish. So I wanna zoom over to where you get the tickest and stuff immediately. or have my friend get me a ticket. ^-^;;
Lets hope a mod answers the question as to how and where you go to get into the concerts. =D

#67 User is offline   whimsy_chan 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 3321

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:34 PM

View PostChibi-Soujiro, on Apr 20 2007, 11:00 AM, said:

Aww. cause I might not get to ACen til like... noon-1pm-ish. So I wanna zoom over to where you get the tickest and stuff immediately. or have my friend get me a ticket. ^-^;;
Lets hope a mod answers the question as to how and where you go to get into the concerts. =D

iirc, the year the Pillows played there were people standing outside the dealers room handing out tickets. And it's one ticket per person, so you couldn't have a friend pick up a ticket for you (unless your friend didn't plan on attending the concert). I'm sure once we're a bit closer to Acen there will be more concrete info about when and where concert tickets will be handed out.

#68 User is offline   fenderbrat27 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8558

Posted 22 April 2007 - 11:56 AM

they should have a 'concert tix booth' near registration or at. grab your badge and grab a ticket. it would be quick and easy and people would know where to find it right away.
ACen Veteran: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009

#69 User is offline   Chibifaery 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 22 April 2007 - 10:19 PM

View Postwhimsy_chan, on Apr 20 2007, 10:34 PM, said:

iirc, the year the Pillows played there were people standing outside the dealers room handing out tickets. And it's one ticket per person, so you couldn't have a friend pick up a ticket for you (unless your friend didn't plan on attending the concert). I'm sure once we're a bit closer to Acen there will be more concrete info about when and where concert tickets will be handed out.

I am hoping there will be more concrete information. I don't want to be running about the con looking for the proper place to get tickets, but I would if I had to. I would assume they would hand them out at an info booth maybe? Or the Acen merchandise booth? I guess we will just have to wait and see right?

#70 User is offline   Chibi-Soujiro 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 22 April 2007 - 11:59 PM

I hope I get a ticket. =( My main #1 reason for going out of my way at the last minute to this convention is to see the concert! I even made a plushy of myself wearing a matching fan tshirt, just for this (yea I'm kinda weird). =P I'll end up bribing someone for a ticket or something. XD j/k I'm glad my friend will give me hers if i don't get one.

What was the limit to the number of people that could attend the concerts for last year? And how fast do you (all that went to ACen last year) think they gave out the tickets. =P

#71 User is offline   Arachne 

• Guest Handler Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3338

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:33 AM

View PostChibi-Soujiro, on Apr 23 2007, 05:59 AM, said:

What was the limit to the number of people that could attend the concerts for last year? And how fast do you (all that went to ACen last year) think they gave out the tickets. =P

I don't know how they distributed tickets last year, but I know it was far from a sell-out. I do remember how they did it the previous year, when the pillows performed. There were two shows (Friday evening and Saturday afternoon as was already mentioned), but convention guests were only allowed to attend ONE. The ticket booth (?) was right outside the dealer's room, and when they gave you your ticket, they marked your badge so that you couldn't get another. This is to ensure that a larger number of people have a chance to see the band, as the ballroom doesn't hold that many people.

So which show would you all prefer? I can't decide! :o

PS: I think we should have a DA fan meet-up. AMIRITE?!

my  is a REMOTE CONTROL

View Postangrypata said:

BLAAARGH BLOOD AND BABY INTESTINES ZETSUBOU ZETSUBOU HEY IS MY EYELINER OKAY

#72 User is offline   maskalade 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:00 AM

View PostArachne, on Apr 23 2007, 07:33 AM, said:

I don't know how they distributed tickets last year, but I know it was far from a sell-out. I do remember how they did it the previous year, when the pillows performed. There were two shows (Friday evening and Saturday afternoon as was already mentioned), but convention guests were only allowed to attend ONE. The ticket booth (?) was right outside the dealer's room, and when they gave you your ticket, they marked your badge so that you couldn't get another. This is to ensure that a larger number of people have a chance to see the band, as the ballroom doesn't hold that many people.

So which show would you all prefer? I can't decide! :o

PS: I think we should have a DA fan meet-up. AMIRITE?!

aghh I have no idea which one I'd pick if that ended up being the case. :( The elitist in me wants to see the first show they do, but I'll be tired and jetlagged and will have been in the queue all day... DX...
I wonder if the staff will let me see SPASPA twice if I sacrifice seeing H&MC at all :(. (although I quite like H&MC, my fandom for the opening act could probably crush a small building)

AND U R RITE. DA Family fans are so bloody rare! A meetup would be ace :D

Q.Who's Yosuke Sakanoue?
A: a 26 year old who hates his ex-boss and writes songs about ANARCHYYYY IN ZA TOKYOOOO CITTYYYY

#73 User is offline   Chibi-Soujiro 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:51 AM

View Postmaskalade, on Apr 23 2007, 11:00 AM, said:

I wonder if the staff will let me see SPASPA twice if I sacrifice seeing H&MC at all :(. (although I quite like H&MC, my fandom for the opening act could probably crush a small building)

Aww, I think something like that would be impossible. But I'd trade the opening act for your main act. And then I'd get to see 2 main acts and you'd see 2 opening acts. XD too bad they prolly wont allow it. =P Maybe you can try finding a friend that doesnt wanna go at all and then you can get their ticket. =P

#74 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:41 PM

Though I really want to see High and Mighty Color, I may see what else is going before I go see them ^^;; Does anyone know what times they are playing? =D? (Or is that still to be announced?)
Possible 2015 Cosplays- TBA
Thursday-
Friday- Gon Freecs(HunterxHunter) - 0%
Saturday- Shimizu Kiyoko(Haikyuu!!) - 0%
Sunday-

#75 User is offline   Arachne 

• Guest Handler Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3338

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:47 PM

View Postmaskalade, on Apr 23 2007, 04:00 PM, said:

AND U R RITE. DA Family fans are so bloody rare! A meetup would be ace :D

Is it done.

View PostChibi-Soujiro, on Apr 23 2007, 05:51 PM, said:

Maybe you can try finding a friend that doesnt wanna go at all and then you can get their ticket. =P

I never thought of doing something like that. Hmmm. I don't think most of my friends are interested in the musical guests. Maybe I'll take advantage of that, unless the powers that be forbid it for some reason?

my  is a REMOTE CONTROL

View Postangrypata said:

BLAAARGH BLOOD AND BABY INTESTINES ZETSUBOU ZETSUBOU HEY IS MY EYELINER OKAY

#76 User is offline   Chibi-Soujiro 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:48 AM

View PostArachne, on Apr 23 2007, 11:47 PM, said:

Maybe I'll take advantage of that, unless the powers that be forbid it for some reason?

Let's hope not, or lets hope an admin or something replies! I hope it's not forbidden, although I have a hunch it will be forbidden. >_> But I wanna know, so I can decide which day to go see the concert if they forbid watching both shows. =P

#77 User is offline   Chibifaery 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:06 PM

View PostCherry_Wolf, on Apr 24 2007, 01:41 AM, said:

Though I really want to see High and Mighty Color, I may see what else is going before I go see them ^^;; Does anyone know what times they are playing? =D? (Or is that still to be announced?)

I haven't seen anything as far as what time they are playing....unless I am searching in the wrong places. I am sure exact details as far as to when and where are going to come closer to the con like most of the programing. I am hoping that when they announce the concert times and everything they will fill us all in on how things are going to go down and if they are going to do anything with tickets or what. I'm excited to find out.

I am sure most of the Acen staff as busting their butts to get everything planned out and going smoothly so we just gotta be patient. Damn...patience isn't my strong suit XD.

#78 User is offline   maskalade 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:34 AM

View PostArachne, on Apr 24 2007, 05:47 AM, said:

Is it done.
I never thought of doing something like that. Hmmm. I don't think most of my friends are interested in the musical guests. Maybe I'll take advantage of that, unless the powers that be forbid it for some reason?

if this is allowed, I'll be asking random passers-by for tickets. XDD
I'd be willing to pay two ticketsworth to see these dudes twice. :[;;. I am quite the obsessed fan of SPASPA. I'd even leave before H&MC so there'd be more room for their fans ;-;.

Q.Who's Yosuke Sakanoue?

#79 User is offline   Chibi-Soujiro 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:17 PM

View Postmaskalade, on Apr 25 2007, 12:34 PM, said:

if this is allowed, I'll be asking random passers-by for tickets. XDD
I'd be willing to pay two ticketsworth to see these dudes twice. :[;;. I am quite the obsessed fan of SPASPA. I'd even leave before H&MC so there'd be more room for their fans ;-;.

If you happen to be in the front row, and I end up in the back somewhere (which I doubt will happen XD) I think you should do a backflip to the exit, and let me do a somersault into your front spot. Now if that isn't a cool exit and entrance. I don't know what is. =P

#80 User is offline   Nola 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9552

Posted 29 April 2007 - 11:12 PM

I also would trade in the full concert for the two opening acts :D. Maybe two people is enough convincing ;-;?
I luuuhhhve Spiral Spiders ;~;. I'm probably going to die flailing.
SPIRAL SPIDERS Official MySpace!
^Go add them!

Yosuke Sakanoue (SUPER DRIVE singer/frontman of SPIRAL SPIDERS)'s LiveJournal community
http://www.livejourn...om/users/sakkan

SPIRAL SPIDERS Official Website
http://www.spiralspiders.com/

Go see them at the concert!!

#81 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:02 AM

Let me clear this with Jazz, I might be able to announce the main programming schedule
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

#82 User is offline   ffgirl_07 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 7306

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:13 PM

does anyone when HMC is performing what day and the time?

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users