Japanese Musical Guests! Our 2007 Musical Guest from Japan

#31 User is offline   amandajayde 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 6394

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:23 AM

View Postsammy-45, on Feb 21 2007, 11:54 PM, said:

Well amandajayde you dont have to really do anything special.

we dont charge extra to see our musical guests, the price you pay for the con is the only one you pay- unless you go to the Charity Masqurade Ball(that is a $10 extra donation that goes to Children's Memeorial Hopsital) .

You may have to wait in a really long line to see them. But the ballroom holds tons of people. So you get to come and just enjoy the show!!!

Okay thank you so much for letting me know
Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear, and the blind can see!

2009 Cosplay Yuuko - XXXholic

I loved this years cosplay! :)

2010 Cosplay - Rhode Kamelot D.Gray-man

#32 User is offline   maskalade 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9432

Posted 22 February 2007 - 04:37 PM

I'm just wondering, when does everyone find out about what date which group are playing?
Because...I'm totally going to slaughter myself working for next-to-nothing in order to get myself out of England and to ACen (for Spiral Spiders)
But i can only be there for Friday and part of Saturday.

So how can I find out who's playing when? 1000 to get to Chicago is a lot of money and I really don't want to spend it if the band i'm going for isn't playing there on those days T_T
Q. Who're SPIRAL SPIDERS?
A: A six-man band fronted by Gravitation OP singer Yosuke Sakanoue
http://www.myspace.com/spaspa

Q.Who's Yosuke Sakanoue?
A: a 26 year old who hates his ex-boss and writes songs about ANARCHYYYY IN ZA TOKYOOOO CITTYYYY
http://sakkan.livejournal.com

#33 User is offline   Fudgi P0pZ 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 9430

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:14 PM

I wish I could help you.. but I'm sorry I can't! I'm new and don't know much but if I'm not mistaken, the times and all are still a bit fuzzy. Hopefully it'll be confirmed soon. But please, don't take my word for it! xD

I was watching the H&MC music video for Pride... and I've got to admit. I rather like it! ^_^ I'm looking forward to it! Thanks ACen! <3
..::..2014 Cosplay Goals..::..
.: Aisha ClanClan:.

Keeping it light this year! :)

Thanks Neskaya for the lovely avatar.

#34 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 23 February 2007 - 10:00 AM

View PostChibi-Soujiro, on Feb 22 2007, 04:35 AM, said:

I couldnt find the topic in the Programming, so sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. I'm an ACen n00b, soooo what's the Masquerade Ball and are the Musical Guests performing for it? I assume so because you brought it up when someone asked about paying to see them. @_@ Aaaand the programming on the main page says it's limited to 250 people, if I send in extra $10 and it's filled up, what happens. >_> I just wanna meet H&MC badly.
^-^;;;

Ok you are getting the two things confused.
The Musical concerts are FREE. You may have to get a ticket for it, but the tickets are FREE- its only so we can control how many people get into the concerts so we don't have any fire hazareds.

The Charity Masqurade Ball is an event. A very dressy event. Held in a compltely diffrent place from the concerts. With a $10 donation need to get in that Acen give to Childern's Memorial Hospital. It was very fun last year-or so I heard from the people who went.

So you see you got the two events confused. But I hope that un-confused them for you.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#35 User is offline   NonokeCute-zie 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 981

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:19 PM

View Postmaskalade, on Feb 22 2007, 10:37 PM, said:

I'm just wondering, when does everyone find out about what date which group are playing?
Because...I'm totally going to slaughter myself working for next-to-nothing in order to get myself out of England and to ACen (for Spiral Spiders)

So how can I find out who's playing when? 1000 to get to Chicago is a lot of money and I really don't want to spend it if the band i'm going for isn't playing there on those days T_T

Well in the past ACen's, the musical guests usually play on Friday or Saturday. Or both *_* I don't see a reason why they would change this and I think it should be those days. However the exact times are unknown still >.<
Wow all the way from England to see Spiral Spiders? They must be awesome, I haven't heard any of their music yet. Reccommend any tracks?
Possible future cosplays:
[Nyuu] of Elfen Lied
[Melfina] of Outlaw Star
Neogrotesque[Kirito] of Pierrot
Alibi [Aki] of SID

#36 User is offline   maskalade 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 23 February 2007 - 06:04 PM

View PostNonokeCute-zie, on Feb 23 2007, 10:19 PM, said:

Well in the past ACen's, the musical guests usually play on Friday or Saturday. Or both *_* I don't see a reason why they would change this and I think it should be those days. However the exact times are unknown still >.<
Wow all the way from England to see Spiral Spiders? They must be awesome, I haven't heard any of their music yet. Reccommend any tracks?

That wouldn't be too bad...either way, the reson I had to leave mid-Saturday has been altered now so I can stay the whole weekend I think. (whew) IF I get to go...
Hahaha, they're not...conventionally awesome. They're my favourite band in all of the world but it takes most folks a little while to warm up to them... I mean Yosuke doesn't have a conventional Japanese voice in the slightest, for one.
But seriously, they put on a REALLY energetic live so I think folks'll like them. I hope folks'll like them! I want them to tour the West more!
Like I said, Yosuke was a solo artist before spaspa and he's been in my playlist for 5 years... so seeing them is really kind of important to me, haha. ^ ^;;;

They've only released three or four tracks since officially forming the band. Maniatte Imasunde and Kepic are great, but they play a tonne of Yosuke's solo stuff too - I recommend SUPER DRIVE if you haven't already heard it. They seem to play Yuigon ALL the time, it's a great song. And I really think Zettai Makenai Yowamushi no Uta is beautiful. :3 (last time Yosuke played new york in 2004 he sang it in english. have no idea if he'd do something like that for the con, but eh...)
http://www.myspace.com/spaspa --official myspace, for maniatte imasunde and i love bob dylan tracks
http://www.myspace.com/yosuke1981 -- unofficial myspace I set up last year or so, has super drive, koi no survival night fever. kinryoku and zettai makenai yowamushi no uta

I'll stop spamming this board now, lol. ^ ^;; It just seemed that very few people knew who spaspa were, and they're kind of special to me. XD

Q.Who's Yosuke Sakanoue?
A: a 26 year old who hates his ex-boss and writes songs about ANARCHYYYY IN ZA TOKYOOOO CITTYYYY

#37 User is offline   Arachne 

• Guest Handler Staff
  • Pip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 3338

Posted 26 February 2007 - 01:28 AM

View Postmaskalade, on Feb 24 2007, 12:04 AM, said:

I'll stop spamming this board now, lol. ^ ^;; It just seemed that very few people knew who spaspa were, and they're kind of special to me. XD

It's not spam at all. Really. <3 This is the first time ACEN has gotten a band I actually really want to see. I understand your excitement. ;) (I'm also familiar with explaining bands that no one has ever heard of. :P ) Good luck on getting here! I think you can do it. (I say that from experieince. Sucks not being able to spend money, but blowing it all at once feels pretty damn good. Especially if seeing your favorite band is in the equation.)

As an aside to the information you've already provided, spaspa does have a live album and DVD... but yeah, no studio work yet. I'm sort of mad at myself for not buying the live album when I saw it in the Shibuya HMV. Because said items are buyable and thus should be bought---> Tower Records Japan. (Sakkan's solo stuff and Sora Izumikawa's work can be found in there too.)

Oh, and have some youtube.

*cough* I'll probably see H&MC too, since they're all right and it would be silly to waste such an opportunity.

ACEN did good this year.

my  is a REMOTE CONTROL

View Postangrypata said:

BLAAARGH BLOOD AND BABY INTESTINES ZETSUBOU ZETSUBOU HEY IS MY EYELINER OKAY

#38 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 26 February 2007 - 10:50 AM

View Postmaskalade, on Feb 22 2007, 10:37 PM, said:

Wow! You are a hardcore fan of the Spiral Spiders if you are willing to travel from the UK to Chicago! Thats great :D And since you will be here for Friday and Saturday you will definately enjoy the con. Not just the concert, but the programming is fantastic, the cosplay, and the staff is very helpful! We definately look forward to seeing you there!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#39 User is offline   maskalade 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:28 AM

*cough* I'll probably see H&MC too, since they're all right and it would be silly to waste such an opportunity.

ACEN did good this year.
Same here, H&MC seem a pretty decent band and I'd quite like to see them really. :3
Gahhh someone else is excited about Sakkan's band of hobos, awesome ;-;;;; <3. From looking at these boards a lot of people seemed disappointed they weren't someone bigger, so I'm over the moon to see someone else who's really happy they'll be playing!
Thank you for the well wishes, too :3 I think I will be definitely be going so hopefully i will see you there : D

(I say that from experieince. Sucks not being able to spend money, but blowing it all at once feels pretty damn good. Especially if seeing your favorite band is in the equation.)

AMEN THAT.

-

Wow! You are a hardcore fan of the Spiral Spiders if you are willing to travel from the UK to Chicago! Thats great! And since you will be here for Friday and Saturday you will definately enjoy the con. Not just the concert, but the programming is fantastic, the cosplay, and the staff is very helpful! We definately look forward to seeing you there!

*laugh* Not a hardcore fan, just a bit insane, maybe? XDDD But I really am willing to do everything I can to get there to see 'em. I love them a bit :B.
This'll be my first ever con, I can't wait! : D
*also, props for the signature and avatar. Drawn Together <3 *

Q.Who's Yosuke Sakanoue?

#40 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2007 - 11:52 AM

View Postmaskalade, on Feb 26 2007, 05:28 PM, said:

Same here, H&MC seem a pretty decent band and I'd quite like to see them really. :3
Gahhh someone else is excited about Sakkan's band of hobos, awesome ;-;;;; <3. From looking at these boards a lot of people seemed disappointed they weren't someone bigger, so I'm over the moon to see someone else who's really happy they'll be playing!
Thank you for the well wishes, too :3 I think I will be definitely be going so hopefully i will see you there : D
AMEN THAT.

-
*laugh* Not a hardcore fan, just a bit insane, maybe? XDDD But I really am willing to do everything I can to get there to see 'em. I love them a bit :B.
This'll be my first ever con, I can't wait! : D
*also, props for the signature and avatar. Drawn Together <3 *

Lol. Thanks for the compliment on my avatar! When you come to ACen you will have the best time of your life. As a ACen congoer for ten years you will have fun. Take in a concert and enjoy some of of the great programming like Anime Hell and Midnight Madness (highly reccommended), and trust me you will make friends at the con! And the best thing is its 24 hours so there's always something to do. And feel free to ask us any questions ok :)
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#41 User is offline   Nola 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9552

Posted 26 February 2007 - 05:49 PM

*Waves* Hello from Canada. I'm also coming to ACen for Spiral Spiders. Plus, maskalade and I are long time netfriends that will finally get a chance to meet there :P. Spiral Spiders have a rock/funk style I think. They're my favourite band. I was really surprised to know they were coming here, because they're an indie band that I recognized as pretty small. They mean a lot to me and I hope everyone will like them. I will be selling CDs :o!
SPIRAL SPIDERS Official MySpace!
^Go add them!

Yosuke Sakanoue (SUPER DRIVE singer/frontman of SPIRAL SPIDERS)'s LiveJournal community
http://www.livejourn...om/users/sakkan

SPIRAL SPIDERS Official Website
http://www.spiralspiders.com/

Go see them at the concert!!

#42 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:45 PM

Wow. We have a lot of international congoers coming to acen for this band. Thats great. :lol:
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#43 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:37 PM

Well Acen is an International con. Which I think is great. We have had fans from Canada, the UK, and I think one person from Spain come over for our con.

I gald to here people getting excited about these bands. I know that they are not hugh names, but they are big and up and comeing. Most people will try to come to the concerts to hear them and give it a shot. I know I am going to try and make it.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#44 User is offline   Nola 

• Pip

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:48 PM

I'm glad. I've been following this band for a while. Spirals performed in New York years ago, but this is their first western performance in a while, and I just couldn't miss it. I'm looking forward to ACen. I've never been to an international anime convention :3.
^Go add them!

Yosuke Sakanoue (SUPER DRIVE singer/frontman of SPIRAL SPIDERS)'s LiveJournal community

#45 User is offline   maskalade 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:01 PM

*Waves* Hello from Canada. I'm also coming to ACen for Spiral Spiders. Plus, maskalade and I are long time netfriends that will finally get a chance to meet there

Conventions and their ways of uniting friends ; ; (not to mention fans and their favourite bands amirite? oh man Nola i hope we don't scare anyone away)

I really hope lots of people come to see them! If there's a big enough turnout maybe Yosuke will cry or something. 'ahh gaaad i laaav americannnssss'

Q.Who's Yosuke Sakanoue?

#46 User is offline   stomptoMYbeat 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2256

Posted 01 March 2007 - 03:06 PM

I am SO ridiculously excited for this ... H&MC freaking OWNS. <33
If they play 'For Dear', I'm probably going to spazz out.

dlfkjsdhlfsfdl;kjgse;rgc
FIND ME AT ACEN: WEARING MY DEADMAU5 HEAD AGAIN!

#47 User is offline   Dark Stranger 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 7281

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:07 PM

I can't freaking wait for this! High and Mighty color rock! They're like Evanance only better. I got their cd last year at ACEN and I love it.
"It's better to be used then to be useless."
Member of the J-Rock Fan Alliance
cosplay list: Zaraki Kenpachi, Umehito Nekozawa,Sergent Helmeppo, and Time wrap Rossui
Staff at Ikasucon,World Steam, and Youmacon
Part of GUTG's Bear Calvary.
Furture cosplays: Impel Down Mr.3....40% complete

#48 User is offline   Arachne 

• Guest Handler Staff
  • Pip

Posted 05 March 2007 - 03:20 AM

View Postmaskalade, on Feb 27 2007, 07:01 PM, said:

Conventions and their ways of uniting friends ; ; (not to mention fans and their favourite bands amirite? oh man Nola i hope we don't scare anyone away)

I really hope lots of people come to see them! If there's a big enough turnout maybe Yosuke will cry or something. 'ahh gaaad i laaav americannnssss'

You guys don't scare me for whatever that's worth. Of course, I don't think much would be able to scare me away from this, heh.

And... Would you be interested in meeting up before the concert? (Both of you!) And you should come to the jrock cosplay/fan meet-up! No idea about when/where yet, though.

my  is a REMOTE CONTROL

View Postangrypata said:

#49 User is offline   maskalade 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:45 AM

View PostArachne, on Mar 5 2007, 09:20 AM, said:

You guys don't scare me for whatever that's worth. Of course, I don't think much would be able to scare me away from this, heh.

And... Would you be interested in meeting up before the concert? (Both of you!) And you should come to the jrock cosplay/fan meet-up! No idea about when/where yet, though.

That would be awesome beyond all reason! :D
World needs more sakanoue-fandom meetups.

Q.Who's Yosuke Sakanoue?

#50 User is offline   Kibatarogo 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 7407

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:59 PM

:blink: Wow I can't believe both Spiral Spiders and High and Mighty Color are coming to ACen, :P this is gonna be so sweeet. I mean I was excited about going to ACen before, but now I can't miss it -spazz attack!- This is going to be the best first con ever for me [I'm an ACen newbie, well a con newbie too XP]. NYAA~ This is going to be so fun, they aren't the biggest names in music, but they are so uber awesome! I know a lot of people aren't too excited to see them, but you should totally give them a chance, if their music is this ah-mazing I can't wait to see what a live will be like. I hope I can make it to the concerts <3 ~spazzyspazzspazz~ :P
Kiba*Kotaro*Brago
------------------------------------
UVERworld
Lm.C
Maximum the Hormone
Spiral Spiders

#51 User is offline   Nola 

• Pip

Posted 10 March 2007 - 01:13 AM

Yeah sure!

I don't know anything about the events of ACen :lol:
^Go add them!

#52 User is offline   DarkOne 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 3499

Post icon  Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:35 PM

oh my god, I can not WAIT! =^-^= HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR!!
Con schedule/Costume plans:
Ohayo Con: Amelia, Clary(Mortal Instruments), RPG Ariel(TLM)
C2E2, ACen...
my costume websites:Dazzle CostumesCosplay.comPhotography Cosplay.comLiveJournal

#53 User is offline   andaloo 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9631

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:27 AM

View PostSoshen, on Feb 14 2007, 10:08 PM, said:

does anyone know where I could find some songs by these guys? I'm trying to find some over torrent's and limewire, but to no avail... any help is appreciated, thanks! ^_^

*is still hoping for Miyavi*

hmm on acquisition (mac p2p program) there was a few. if you wanna hear sum just youtube them

#54 User is offline   Nola 

• Pip

Posted 14 March 2007 - 05:02 PM

SPIRAL SPIDERS MySpace

Add them pleeease!
^Go add them!

#55 User is offline   Arachne 

• Guest Handler Staff
  • Pip

Posted 18 March 2007 - 01:50 AM

I just noticed there's a couple of SpaSpa clips in the Japanese guest information.

my  is a REMOTE CONTROL

View Postangrypata said:

#56 User is offline   Chibifaery 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 8986

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:27 PM

View Postsammy-45, on Feb 23 2007, 04:00 PM, said:

The Musical concerts are FREE. You may have to get a ticket for it, but the tickets are FREE- its only so we can control how many people get into the concerts so we don't have any fire hazareds.

I figured they where doing this for the concert, because i've been to cons where they handed out tickets for panels with big name actors. I was wondering though, is there a confirmed place that they would hand out these tickets for the concert? I don't want to be running back and forth at con like a chicken with their head cut off to find them (but I would!). Thanks for any help!

I am SOOOOO Looking forward to High& Mighty Color. I never head of them before but I isntantly started listening to them when the news was announced that they where comings, and now i can't STOP listening! I've even converted my friends into fans!

ACEN 2007 HERE WE COME!! :lol:
What if the hokey-pokey is what it is all about?

#57 User is offline   amandajayde 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6394

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:43 PM

We're planning on going and one of the girls with us is in a wheelchair and I wanna know if we need to make special arrangements for the concerts?
Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear, and the blind can see!

2009 Cosplay Yuuko - XXXholic

I loved this years cosplay! :)

2010 Cosplay - Rhode Kamelot D.Gray-man

#58 User is offline   maskalade 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:35 PM

Awright, according to Spiral Spiders' American manager they and H&MC are playing on the 11th and 12th and SPASPA are the opening act.

...Does this mean they'll be playing really early? XD
because I won't be in the country until like. 1PM. And I have a prereg so I'm guessing i have to queue too?
It doesn't really matter cause I'll definitely get to see 'em on the 12th, but it'd be super lovely to see them twice.

Q.Who's Yosuke Sakanoue?

#59 User is offline   aoi umi 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 6726

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:37 PM

^__^ I'm sooo excited! High and Mighty Color are amazing. And I'm certainly familiar enough with Sakanoue, as I've been somewhat of a fangirl of anything touched by Daisuke Asakura for quite a few years now. It's too bad he's not still producing them, but I'll take what I can get. I can't wait to hear the Gravitation theme song live!

Hm, it's kind of a surprise to hear that Spiral Spiders is actually the opening act for H&MC. But I don't mind -- it actually makes it much easier this way to ensure I get to see both bands! Less time spent scrambling for tickets and waiting in line = Yay.

Oh, and maskalade, it's doubtful they'll hold the concert in the afternoon on Friday. I'm pretty sure the pattern is usually this: First concert on Friday evening, second concert on Saturday afternoon. (LOL it's cool that you're coming all the way here just to see them. I would possibly do something like that in order to see Iceman...but they haven't been around for a long time, so...sigh.)
2007 Cosplays: Yamato Nakano (Loveless), Gatomon/Tailmon (Digimon)

#60 User is offline   maskalade 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:31 AM

View Postaoi umi, on Apr 16 2007, 03:37 AM, said:

^__^ I'm sooo excited! High and Mighty Color are amazing. And I'm certainly familiar enough with Sakanoue, as I've been somewhat of a fangirl of anything touched by Daisuke Asakura for quite a few years now. It's too bad he's not still producing them, but I'll take what I can get. I can't wait to hear the Gravitation theme song live!

Hm, it's kind of a surprise to hear that Spiral Spiders is actually the opening act for H&MC. But I don't mind -- it actually makes it much easier this way to ensure I get to see both bands! Less time spent scrambling for tickets and waiting in line = Yay.

Oh, and maskalade, it's doubtful they'll hold the concert in the afternoon on Friday. I'm pretty sure the pattern is usually this: First concert on Friday evening, second concert on Saturday afternoon. (LOL it's cool that you're coming all the way here just to see them. I would possibly do something like that in order to see Iceman...but they haven't been around for a long time, so...sigh.)

You're...you're a DA Family fan? :DDDD
<3 *spazz!* (sorry, it's just...DA Family fans are so rare ;O; )
(unfortunately sakanoue seems to despise DA with every fibre of his being now :(. it's kind of sad. but SPASPA are fun and silly and scream 'WE GOT ROCKNROLL' a lot, so it'll be a fun live :D)
ditto on the iceman count. :(. (have you heard about SCARECROW though? ken ito and michihiro kuroda formed a band)
and it's good to hear it's likely to be the firday evening! It'd be super ace to see them twice XD.
(I've only just started listening to H&MC because of this concert, but they're _awesome_. I love their voices *o*)

Q.Who's Yosuke Sakanoue?

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users