Naruto/manga Discussion Starting at the Time Skip

#91 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:21 PM

View Postexplodingfitus, on Apr 20 2007, 05:06 AM, said:

everyone doesnt need to dissect the issue..one person has said enough... just leave it please. plus its not really something you bluntly point out to a woman..be a little respectful its, just a cosplay

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time being "respectful" to a woman who has done nothing but show her breasts off in public venues for the last several years, and then tries to act high and mighty about it when people call her on her actions. Perhaps she should be a little more "tactful".

And back on topic, obviously Naruto isn't going to die, since there is still money to be made.
All systems... GO!

#92 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 2865

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:08 PM

View PostTheStrongJaeger, on Apr 21 2007, 02:21 AM, said:

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time being "respectful" to a woman who has done nothing but show her breasts off in public venues for the last several years, and then tries to act high and mighty about it when people call her on her actions. Perhaps she should be a little more "tactful".

What about Tsunade is, um, covered about her chest? Now I would like you to walk up to EVERY scantly clad cosplayer at the con (because I am quite covered up compared to many others thankyouverymuch!) and tell them exactly what was told to me. Then tell them that they "deserved it" and to be more "tactful". See what happens.

And no, I am not acting all high and mighty. I am mad that something this disrespectful was said about me. I'm used to the comments about my chest size and them being real or not. It doesn't bother me anymore. I know it comes with the territory of dressing with cleavage. This was just too much for me to brush off. Just how it was said and where it was said made me pissed. I'll even go as far as to say that I posted about this everywhere so I could get some sympathy. Plus the fact that the person who said that about me knows nothing of what I'm like. I'm VERY selfconcious about my body on a normal day basis, but when I cosplay I get to let loose some of my inhabitions. I'm not going to run around wearing next to nothing, but I want to do something a little more daring. I do it because I enjoy what I do. I'm VERY careful that nothing gets exposed and the shirt stays put. Guess how much time I spend putting into my cosplays so that nothing accidental doesn't happen. It takes more then an HOUR of prep work. There is tape and bandaids and safety pins that people don't see.

So how dare YOU tell me that I deserved such comments!! Are you saying that EVERY woman that shows a cleavage, even a little, should do pron just because of how they dress or their chest size??

Hotaru-chan
My Facebook My deivantArt
Cosplay:
2007- Tsunade (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North), SnJ Jiraiya (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Youmacon), Konan (Youmacon)
2008- SnJ Jiraiya (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, Otakon, Youamcon), Tsunade (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Otakon, Youmacon), Konan (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Otakon)
2009- SnJ Jiraiya (Ohayocon, Anime North), Tsunade (Ohayocon, ACen, Youmacon), Matsumoto (ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Youmacon), Raver!Tsunade (ACen, Anime North), Nathan Explosion (Ohayocon), Santa!Tsuande (Ohayocon)
2010- Matsumoto (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, Youmacon), Santa!Tsunade (Ohayocon), Nathan Explosion (Ohayocon), Adiane (ACen, Anime North, JaFax) Tsunade (ACen, Anime North, JaFax, ConBravo!, Youmacon)
2011: Matsumoto (Ohayocon), Adiane (Ohayocon)

#93 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Department Head
  • Member No.: 8053

Post icon  Posted 22 April 2007 - 01:01 PM

:mellow: Things might be valid on both sides. Granted some more than others but, Please lets keep this discussion to NARUTO/MANGA! If you want to continue yelling at each other do it in Off Topic Forums- Chit Chat. Then you can tear each other a new one (without slandering someones image!).
:blink:
On a more anime related note......
I cant wait for naruto movie 4 to come out, looks like its going to be a blast.....Believe IT!
HAaha I hate that phrase. <_< :ph34r:
Exhibit Space Department Manager 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15
Exhibit Space Assistant Manager 2007 & 08

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#94 User is offline   TheStrongJaeger 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 307

Posted 22 April 2007 - 01:01 PM

View PostHotaruTenshi, on Apr 22 2007, 05:08 AM, said:

What about Tsunade is, um, covered about her chest? Now I would like you to walk up to EVERY scantly clad cosplayer at the con (because I am quite covered up compared to many others thankyouverymuch!) and tell them exactly what was told to me. Then tell them that they "deserved it" and to be more "tactful". See what happens.

Funny you should mention it, cause that's one of my favorite hobbies.
All systems... GO!

#95 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:47 PM

Guys... let's keep this civil or I will put this thread in a time out ;)
Seriously the topic of how big her breasts are and whether certain comments are appropriate should find themselves in another forum entirely.
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

#96 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:37 AM

View PostTheStrongJaeger, on Apr 22 2007, 07:01 PM, said:

Funny you should mention it, cause that's one of my favorite hobbies.

Isnt that kind of mean :o

Anyhow like Sam said back on topic. Im getting sick of people wanting to start flames just to get their point across when you can do it in a more civilized way. Anyhow. I started watching Shippuden. I actually watch that than i did Naruto. Maybe cuz it was too many fillers in it :lol: But its a lot better.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#97 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:28 AM

Everytime I watch Shippuuden it becomes more amazing. Even though I already know what's going to happen I am at the edge of my seat! Plus for the past week I have the opening song in my head. >>

<3 Hotaru-chan
Cosplay:
2007- Tsunade (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North), SnJ Jiraiya (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Youmacon), Konan (Youmacon)
2008- SnJ Jiraiya (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, Otakon, Youamcon), Tsunade (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Otakon, Youmacon), Konan (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Otakon)
2009- SnJ Jiraiya (Ohayocon, Anime North), Tsunade (Ohayocon, ACen, Youmacon), Matsumoto (ACen, Anime North, JaFax, Youmacon), Raver!Tsunade (ACen, Anime North), Nathan Explosion (Ohayocon), Santa!Tsuande (Ohayocon)
2010- Matsumoto (Ohayocon, ACen, Anime North, Youmacon), Santa!Tsunade (Ohayocon), Nathan Explosion (Ohayocon), Adiane (ACen, Anime North, JaFax) Tsunade (ACen, Anime North, JaFax, ConBravo!, Youmacon)

#98 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:40 AM

Maybe it's just me... but I really like the OP/ED for shippuden. The op is more just the song... but like ED has a great vid in my mind ^_^
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

#99 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:48 AM

View PostDJFLuFFKiNS, on Apr 24 2007, 11:40 AM, said:

Maybe it's just me... but I really like the OP/ED for shippuden. The op is more just the song... but like ED has a great vid in my mind ^_^

I like it alot too. But too many people are like..."I hate it." I don't understand, I think alot of the people don't like rap themed songs...(I find death note's new opening horrible. "GEHEHIERHEEIAFHEATIT AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Fits but what the heck man....) I can't wait to see Gai's team in action now.
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#100 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:46 AM

View PostHotaruTenshi, on Apr 24 2007, 04:28 PM, said:

Everytime I watch Shippuuden it becomes more amazing. Even though I already know what's going to happen I am at the edge of my seat! Plus for the past week I have the opening song in my head. >>

<3 Hotaru-chan

I would have to agree, its really cool to me I can not wait for it all to be animated. I will just have to cherish this before the fillers start up again. because what is naruto without fillers right lol. ....... yeah......i hate fillers.

If you have any Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns, Feel Free to Contact us by using one of the emails below.
ArtistAlley@ACen.org - ArtShow@ACen.org - ExhibitHall@ACen.org - ExhibitSpace@ACen.org

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance & Promotes Premium Productivity
"The optimistic way to look at your own art, performance, or results when someone tells you that you're not good enough, is to think that there's still room to improve. When you believe your artwork, performance, or results are perfect, it's the end of your career."

#101 User is offline   XenoBlade 

• Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 9384

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:04 PM

View PostVoltaire30, on Apr 24 2007, 12:46 PM, said:

I would have to agree, its really cool to me I can not wait for it all to be animated. I will just have to cherish this before the fillers start up again. because what is naruto without fillers right lol. ....... yeah......i hate fillers.

hey it could be worse...(like for the cartoon network watching people) the dubbed fillers. Believe it at the end of every sentence along with pointless stories. Imagine that....lol
ACen 2013 Cosplays
Dragon Ball Z-Piccolo
Zero Escape 2: Virtue's Last Reward-Sigma
3rd cosplay:Either Zoro(One Piece),Sazh(Final Fantasy XIII), or Gintoki(Gintama).
"Sometimes I do suspect, I'm an actor in a well scripted live divine comedy..."-Shing02

#102 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:26 AM

View PostDJFLuFFKiNS, on Apr 24 2007, 04:40 PM, said:

3, 2, 1 MAKE SOME NOISE! X3

<3 Hotaru-chan
Cosplay:

#103 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:49 PM

View PostXenoBlade, on Apr 24 2007, 06:04 PM, said:

hey it could be worse...(like for the cartoon network watching people) the dubbed fillers. Believe it at the end of every sentence along with pointless stories. Imagine that....lol

you have a big point there. it is going to be hell............... enless they love all of that.

#104 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:26 AM

Virgil strikes again! Crazy kitten. ~.~

What do you guys think of Suigetsu, Karin, and that other guy now in Sasuke's group?? Sui is so fun and cool but I don't like Karin. She is just another Sasuke worshiper. Therefore that makes her annoying. *sighs*

<3 Hotaru-chan
Cosplay:

#105 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:49 AM

So im watching shippuden ep 11 right now. And I must say this ep was pretty good. Sakura's got some good nursing skillz in this ep. But look where she learned it from ;) !
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#106 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2007 - 06:22 PM

Ahhhhh. Flashbacks are the greatest sometimes! X3

<3 Hotaru-chan

That one was for all the GaaNaru supporters out there. lol.
Cosplay:

#107 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:03 PM

I just watched the 3rd movie. It was cute and full of lots of animals. X3

<3 Hotaru-chan
Cosplay:

#108 User is offline   explodingfitus 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9558

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:07 PM

View PostHotaruTenshi, on May 3 2007, 07:03 PM, said:

I just watched the 3rd movie. It was cute and full of lots of animals. X3

<3 Hotaru-chan

i wished there was more to it ; ;
t(@_o t)~!

Loli's Cosplay

Naruto-Itachi 95% done
Naruto-Haku 100% done
Naruto-Kankuro 80% done

FFXI:Opinag
Server: Pheonix

MySpace Y!Gallery Deviantart Zombied

#109 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:13 PM

View Postexplodingfitus, on May 4 2007, 12:07 AM, said:

i wished there was more to it ; ;

There is. New costumes to be made and worn for us cosplayers!! X3 lol.

<3 Hotaru-chan

The 4th movie looks to be AWESOME!!
Cosplay:

#110 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 May 2007 - 08:08 PM

This deserves a DOUBLE POST!!! I just finished watching the dub and Tsunade has a good voice. Thank god the rumors about her voice sounding like a hick were not true!

<3 Hotaru-chan
Cosplay:

#111 User is offline   explodingfitus 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9558

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:05 PM

View PostHotaruTenshi, on May 5 2007, 05:13 PM, said:

There is. New costumes to be made and worn for us cosplayers!! X3 lol.

<3 Hotaru-chan

The 4th movie looks to be AWESOME!!

im afraid of the 4th movie XD
t(@_o t)~!

Loli's Cosplay

Naruto-Itachi 95% done
Naruto-Haku 100% done
Naruto-Kankuro 80% done

FFXI:Opinag
Server: Pheonix

MySpace Y!Gallery Deviantart Zombied

#112 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:14 PM

View Postexplodingfitus, on May 6 2007, 05:05 AM, said:

im afraid of the 4th movie XD

There is much of Naruto going all Kyuubi on us! Twice!! =P

<3 Hotaru-chan
Cosplay:

#113 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:00 PM

OMG has anyone read the manga yet, 4eyes and oro-sama omg

#114 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2007 - 09:06 AM

*rolls around* YES!! HOLY CRAP!! Plot twist or something!!

<3 Hotaru-chan
Cosplay:

#115 User is offline   staticrock18 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 6191

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:42 PM

fusion ho what when?????? thats all i haev to say
How much longer do we need to wait>?

#116 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:23 PM

View Poststaticrock18, on Jun 3 2007, 07:42 PM, said:

fusion ho what when?????? thats all i haev to say

That made me LOL! X3

<3 Hotaru-chan

For the love of all that is good Tobi better admit that he is Obito!! *dies*
Cosplay:

#117 User is offline   ai_no_kaku 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 10175

Posted 22 June 2007 - 03:13 AM

Heck... I'm just enjoying watching Tobi drive Deidara up a wall. But yeah... I keep waiting for his mask to get ripped off or something during battle and there's a battered face missing one eye.

#118 User is offline   Voltaire30 

• Exhibit Space DH
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:29 PM

I wonder what saskue will do. He has to fight 2 of them and he only "killed" oro because he was weak. I can not wait for the next one.

#119 User is offline   ai_no_kaku 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Veteran
  • Member No.: 10175

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:29 AM

View PostVoltaire30, on Jun 24 2007, 02:29 PM, said:

I wonder what saskue will do. He has to fight 2 of them and he only "killed" oro because he was weak. I can not wait for the next one.

I know! The suspence is driving me nutts!!! And was anyone else more than a little creeped out by the Kabuto thing? That boy takes obbsessive to a WHOLE NOTHER LEVEL. That was just... weird. But a very good plot twist.

#120 User is offline   HotaruTenshi 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:05 AM

Well Kabuto *IS* a freaking awesome medical ninja, Tsunade even said so! But you are right about the creepy thing. ~.~

<3 Hotaru-chan
Cosplay:

• 28 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users