• This topic is locked

Online Registration Issues! Anyone having problems/questions with online reg

#31 User is offline   Soshen 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 5134

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:04 PM

okay, I feel friggin dumb, but I'm asking these questions anyways because I've searched for some answers and haven't found all of them... so... here they are.

Allright, while registering I registered as a group leader, and I have our group code, but I completely forgot our password, which I know is my fault, and I know it says there's no way of getting that back, but is there a way I could delete that group or even my registration and make a new group or re-register and form a new group that way?

And the second thing is that after registering, we're supposed to get an e-mail with steps to reach a print-out payment form, if what I've read and seen is true. However, I've gone over the e-mail I got several times throughly and haven't found any method whatsover of reaching that form, so maybe it could be e-mailed to me again, or, something...? I don't know quite how to go about it. I guess that's why I'm here asking these questions.

Annnnd... that's all the questions I can think of for now. Sorry if these have been answered before and I just didn't catch it. I DID look and found a few answers, but... if I missed some don't be mad at mees. At least I tried. X3

allright, to whomever answers this- THANK YOU!!!! Your help is very much majorly appreciated. :)
~So
I AM THE HEAD OF THE NEKOBOY ALLIANCE INTELLIGENCE AGENCY!! X3 I r b smart. :P

COSPLAY LIST FOR 2008!
1. Taichi Yagami (Tai) from Digimon Adventure (first season) (Progress: 100%)
2. L from Deathnote (Progress: 100%)
3. Shadow the Hedgehog from the game Shadow the Hedgehog (Progress: 78%)
4. Nex from Bomb the Town (anyone wanna be Blurgas?)
5. (this one is a maybe) Little Jimmy Urine from the band Mindless Self Indulgence

ACEN 2007 pictures

Acen 2006 Pictures

My YouTube account!

#32 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:31 AM

View PostSoshen, on Feb 21 2007, 05:04 AM, said:

okay, I feel friggin dumb, but I'm asking these questions anyways because I've searched for some answers and haven't found all of them... so... here they are.

Allright, while registering I registered as a group leader, and I have our group code, but I completely forgot our password, which I know is my fault, and I know it says there's no way of getting that back, but is there a way I could delete that group or even my registration and make a new group or re-register and form a new group that way?

And the second thing is that after registering, we're supposed to get an e-mail with steps to reach a print-out payment form, if what I've read and seen is true. However, I've gone over the e-mail I got several times throughly and haven't found any method whatsover of reaching that form, so maybe it could be e-mailed to me again, or, something...? I don't know quite how to go about it. I guess that's why I'm here asking these questions.

Annnnd... that's all the questions I can think of for now. Sorry if these have been answered before and I just didn't catch it. I DID look and found a few answers, but... if I missed some don't be mad at mees. At least I tried. X3

allright, to whomever answers this- THANK YOU!!!! Your help is very much majorly appreciated. :)
~So

Alright first off, Jay and I had that problem with group codes... first tell us how many people you are going to have in the group because we MAY just have to manually add them. It's just a little difficult (I've been told) on the admin side to kick out the group leader :(

Since you're talking about a group, once you're done creating and filling your group, you will click the link on the group page that prints a PDF form of an "invoice" with your final total. Remember, groups have to file a single form of payment. (that means you send ONE check or ONE money order, not sure if online credit card stuff applies [jay?])

there you goooooooooooooo
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

#33 User is offline   Kitsu 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9129

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:36 AM

If no one has registered in your group, or if you can get them to register into your new group, you could re-register and make a new group under the new name. Then, just tell the registration staff to delete your 1st confirmation codes for your name and group.

The paystub is at the bottom of the Registration admin page. This is the page you need your password for. Everytime a person registers, you'll get an email and a link to that page. Only when everyone is done registering should you click the paystub because it might close up your group.

Hope that helps!

Edit: Oops, was a bit late ^o^
PeaceMaker Kurogane: Tetsunosuke {Shinsengumi} 100% done
Slayers TV: Lina Inverse 100% done
Saiyuki Reload/Gunlock: Hakkai 100%
Fruits Baskets: Ayame 100%

#34 User is offline   youngamer03 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6273

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:08 AM

I have not sent in the money yet and my members have the same last name as I do since I put jr for my last name. Instead of it showing prices. I get this text :
"Thank you for your patronage to Anime Central 2007. Your registration is now complete!
If you selected to receive your badge in the mail it will be mailed to your address.
If you selected to pick up your badge at the convention please bring your photo id along with this form.
We look forward to seeing you!"
Also I can not log in to my group to remove or add people. Please HELP. I have not printed out the stub. Need assistance. Thank you

#35 User is offline   Kitsu 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 9129

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:23 PM

The actual paystub is in your registration admin page, the one you need the password for. Just give them your Group Code and they can open it back up for you. The link for the paystub is at the bottom of that page.
PeaceMaker Kurogane: Tetsunosuke {Shinsengumi} 100% done
Slayers TV: Lina Inverse 100% done
Saiyuki Reload/Gunlock: Hakkai 100%
Fruits Baskets: Ayame 100%

#36 User is offline   Lady Tenkage 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8795

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:31 PM

Okay, I know I'm just being impatient, but I sent my check for registration in a couple of weeks ago, and I'd really like to know if it was recieved. I'm sorry! I'm so excited, I can't help but be impatient about it!
(Huh, I wonder if this was the right place to post this?)
"Qua?"

Planned Cosplays;
Rydia Drake, FFIV (Custom Version)
Ayane, DOA Ultimate, C-1 (Purple Ninja)
Kage-Kanbu Shinobi Uniform
Additional Cosplay: Secret!!

Check out my cosplays! http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?memb...931&cat=500

#37 User is offline   Croix 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9618

Posted 03 March 2007 - 09:59 AM

I am very frustrated with the staff and registration process. On February 21, I sent this email to webmaster@acen.org but still have received no response (names and id numbers deleted for privacy):

Anime Central registration staff:

My wife and I pre-registered our group (**-***) on February 11. I cannot log in to print the payment stub (I don't recall seeing a button to print it out, and it isn't in my confirmation email), nor can I log her or myself (****-****) in to view our pre-registration status. The pages http://acen.org/registration/group.php and http://acen.org/regi...ereg_status.php will only reload themselves when I click "login." My cookies are turned on, and my browser security is set to medium.

Would it be easier to ensure that we have been properly registered if we send in the offline payment form http://acen.org/SecondFlyer.pdf instead!?

Frustrated,

ACEN 2007 will be our first con ever, and it's a shame that registration has been this difficult.

#38 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:06 AM

I understand the frustration Croix... and I think that they are trying to sort things out as we speak... and I don't know why this year has been so difficult other than switching servers, hotel reconstruction, and who knows what else.

I think the ACen staff understands that we are trying to be as patient as possible, but even the most patient people have a breaking point or at least a faulty crack that begins to tremor... So I hope they fix your problem and I hope they get everything working correctly. ^^-
Possible 2015 Cosplays- TBA
Thursday-
Friday- Gon Freecs(HunterxHunter) - 0%
Saturday- Shimizu Kiyoko(Haikyuu!!) - 0%
Sunday-

#39 User is offline   Moni D 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9605

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:00 PM

How can I update my info? I want to have my badge mailed to me now & the commemorative. Also, if I mail my money in to get the tier 1 price, can I still mail the rest of my group's money later at the tier 2 price? I wanna pay now, but they wanna wait.

#40 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2007 - 02:25 PM

Groups must send in their payments all at once, you can leave the group and make your payment if you want though.
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)

#41 User is offline   Moni D 

• Pip

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:02 PM

alright then, thanx. what about updating my registration? I checked no to the badge & getting it mailed, but I wanna change that.

#42 User is offline   Croix 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9618

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:23 PM

View PostDJFLuFFKiNS, on Mar 3 2007, 02:25 PM, said:

Groups must send in their payments all at once, you can leave the group and make your payment if you want though.

Could you reply with the url to the .pdf so I that I can print out a form and mail in our payment? That's all I've been asking.

Is there any disadvantage to paying at the door (i.e., does this convention "sell out")? I've already booked our hotel room.

#43 User is offline   Wasabi P 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9030

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:40 PM

I can't get a response from any admin or sysop. I am sorry to be bitchy but I have sent 3 emails directly to the registration reps listed and I have gotten zero response. I have sent in my money ans I believe the check has cashed. I have posted here, hell I started the freakin thread. This is the dumbest weakest online pay ever. Who ever hear of mailing in your payment for online payment? It cost nothing to accept credit or paypal. If your going to jack people around you could at least get back to them in say...30 days. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: I'll tell you right now I am not going to be stuck paying twice. I know you were trying to do something nice, but I would rather pay at the door than deal will this circle jerk. I know I know then I should have. Lesson learned, meanwhile though I already payed and I would like a flippin response for my trouble, and since this is the meanest, angriest communication I have yet had I know that it is not due to my poor attitude. I have covered my comments with honey and still eat sh*t. It IS MARCH for the good lords sake, and I registered on the FIRST DAY online reg was open. Do you plan on ignoring everyone with an issue untill the con starts? I really don't want to stress for two more months and then have to deal with the aggro the whole weekend. I am sorry but whoever is in charge of this sucks, your fired already, volunteer based resources is no excuse for suck. I worked customer service for years at the very LEAST you let the customer know it's being worked on. I'm done, get jacked!

#44 User is offline   kahad 

• Panel Programming Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 532

Posted 03 March 2007 - 06:04 PM

View PostWasabi P, on Mar 3 2007, 11:40 PM, said:

It cost nothing to accept credit or paypal.

To my understanding, it would cost to use paypal since they take a part of the money.
K-chan (nickname given by ngsilver)
Are YOU on my grilling list??? (Updated 9-26-2008)
Master Chef of the Great Otaku Army and Spam Squad member!!!
AMV Staff ACen 2005-2007, Panel Programming Staff ACen 2008-2012 :)
Maho! - not just a saying, a way of life.

#45 User is offline   Buzz Fenger 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5617

Posted 03 March 2007 - 06:31 PM

They could charge a fee of $1-$2 for using paypal that would be fine with me. Though I understand there are many people who attend that needs to keep the cost down and do now wish to pay more.

I Would be willing to pay door price with the extra for mail and special badge just to be done with it. I cant belilve how much time I have been searching forums for answers that are not there.
Buzz

#46 User is offline   Moni D 

• Pip

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:24 PM

I don't mean to see impatient, but the quicker I can update my registration the quicker I'll mail my payment in. Did I miss a link somewhere that let me update it myself????

#47 User is offline   Lhos 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8540

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:03 PM

View PostWasabi P, on Mar 3 2007, 11:40 PM, said:

This is the dumbest weakest online pay ever.

That's the single partially intelligent comment you made, and I have to agree with it. I don't see why online payment wasn't programmed along with the rest of the reg system, rather than making the reg system and then "OH NOES! We can't get online payment to go through our own security!" I'll be mailing in a check myself, but one request to the administration - For sh*t's sake, make ABSOLUTELY SURE that what you're going to tell us is THE best info you've got. PERIOD. I heard at least FOUR different times that online payment/online reg was "going to be up sometime next week". That magical week for online payment still hasn't come; apparently we're in some kind of time loop.

As for the rest of that mental vomit you spewed all over this somewhat helpful thread, take it elsewhere. I understand you want it to be seen, but this is the last resort for people in need of aid, and the last thing we need is for it to become a rant thread. Ask for help here, post the flames in the rant/rave forums.

-Lhos

PS: Nice language filter. I suddenly sounded like a seven year old. _
EVILDOERS BEWARE! The one and only CARDBOARD ENFORCER will attend ACEN `08, ensuring the safety of all its participants. (That means don't be a dick, `cause he'll bruise you good.) Also, Ergo Proxy might make an appearance. He's shy, so it'll take some coercing, but we'll see.

Me: "I WILL EAT THE RIBS OF YOUR SPAWN'S BACKSIDE!!!"

Not me: "... dude... not only is that sick, but it's illegal..."

Me: "How the hell does Chili's stay in business?!"

#48 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:19 PM

I wonder if moving to an online shopping cart system would work better... how many people would be totally put out if they couldn't pay via check? (not saying that would have to be the case)
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair

#49 User is offline   Lhos 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8540

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:29 PM

View PostDJFLuFFKiNS, on Mar 5 2007, 02:19 AM, said:

I wonder if moving to an online shopping cart system would work better... how many people would be totally put out if they couldn't pay via check? (not saying that would have to be the case)

You've just switched systems, don't do it again. Get this one working and stick with it. (Unless you mean for online payment...?)
EVILDOERS BEWARE! The one and only CARDBOARD ENFORCER will attend ACEN `08, ensuring the safety of all its participants. (That means don't be a dick, `cause he'll bruise you good.) Also, Ergo Proxy might make an appearance. He's shy, so it'll take some coercing, but we'll see.

Me: "I WILL EAT THE RIBS OF YOUR SPAWN'S BACKSIDE!!!"

Not me: "... dude... not only is that sick, but it's illegal..."

Me: "How the hell does Chili's stay in business?!"

#50 User is offline   Fullmetalcrusade 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2749

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:42 PM

View PostDJFLuFFKiNS, on Mar 4 2007, 08:19 PM, said:

If you could just get online payment up and running, i don't really care. I have been waiting patiently and now i have missed tier 1. I don't like sending money through the mail, so when i first heard online credit card payment would be an option this year, i was thrilled. Now i am just like everyone else, waiting around for something to happen and for "Next Week" to come. I'm sorry if i sound a little pushy. I know you guys are working hard, but it's kinda redundant now
"We are working hard and online payment should be up by next week, by the 24th, by this by that."
I would have been a lot less frustrated if you had just come out and said "due to technical difficulties beyond our control, online CC payment has been canceled for this year. Sorry for the inconvenience."
Please, if this is the case, i beg of you to just level with us. Most people here at least have the maturity of adults and understand things go wrong. At least then we won't have this false hope of "Maybe tomorrow"

View PostFlyingElf, on Apr 21 2007, 10:26 PM, said:

Reactor doesnt' count as a con. Reactor is an experiment in how bad a group of otaku can destroy a hotel given 3 days...

#51 User is offline   Oreo_Otaku 

• Registration
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 2339
  • Location:inside your mind... I'm a figment of your imagination

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:16 PM

View PostKingofKOF, on Mar 4 2007, 08:42 PM, said:

If you could just get online payment up and running, i don't really care. I have been waiting patiently and now i have missed tier 1.

Well actually you still have till this Saturday for tier 1. Hopefully the site updates tonight will include online payment :)
[center]How's my driving? Flip FOB Driver Pro: Oreo_Otaku. Comments? CALL: 111-555-9999
If you can read this you get a pat on the back.
I drank GOD and it is good!!!
Part of POWA*PinoyOneWorldAlliance*
ninja>pirates!
Acen Hamburglar

#52 User is offline   Fullmetalcrusade 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2749

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:31 PM

View PostOreo_Otaku, on Mar 4 2007, 10:16 PM, said:

Well actually you still have till this Saturday for tier 1. Hopefully the site updates tonight will include online payment :)

Thats good to know. When is the site update suppose to happen?

View PostFlyingElf, on Apr 21 2007, 10:26 PM, said:

Reactor doesnt' count as a con. Reactor is an experiment in how bad a group of otaku can destroy a hotel given 3 days...

#53 User is offline   Chibifaery 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8986

Post icon  Posted 04 March 2007 - 11:56 PM

View PostKingofKOF, on Mar 5 2007, 04:31 AM, said:

Thats good to know. When is the site update suppose to happen?

The site update I do believe (according to the site, I am not staff so don't take my word as law) is supposed to happen around 1 am and go for a few hours.

If it does include online payment then good, but I willbe kicking myself all day tomorrow when we find out for sure because I mailed my payment in on friday.
What if the hokey-pokey is what it is all about?

#54 User is offline   scrapps 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 6324

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:15 PM

I tried to register online today and when I submit it says there is an error with my badge name. But I don't know what the error is (like is someone trying to be me and is already using it?) Anyone have any clue on what this error could be?

#55 User is offline   Raging Tofu 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9564

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:05 PM

View Postscrapps, on Mar 7 2007, 05:15 PM, said:

I tried to register online today and when I submit it says there is an error with my badge name. But I don't know what the error is (like is someone trying to be me and is already using it?) Anyone have any clue on what this error could be?

I had the same problem when I did my reg a few days ago. Granted, not having my chosen name on my badge isn't a big deal, it's really irksome. Is there any way to fix this?

#56 User is offline   ChiyoTenshi 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 9755

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:02 PM

Ok, so I've tried to get onto the administering of my group, but it won't let me, so should I just send in a huge check for the amount, even though I don't have the billing sheet (because it doesn't give me the the amount information) and the last 2 members of my group not added, or should I wait until the thing is fixed? I don't want to pay an extra $10 just to wait because it's the online registrations fault for not letting me add 2 more people to my group and get the sheet done. I could've had it all done by March 1st if it weren't for the online problem. PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!!!! If anything, email me at Sumchikudunno520@aol.com so I can get it faster! Thankies!!!!!!!!!!!

~Chiyo~
~Riza~

----Cosplays----
Friday - Riza Hawkeye
Saturday - Bride/Wedding Riza Hawkeye

#57 User is offline   TheRabbi 

• IRT ADH
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Assistant Department Head
  • Member No.: 591

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:51 PM

View PostChiyoTenshi, on Mar 14 2007, 09:02 PM, said:

Ok, so I've tried to get onto the administering of my group, but it won't let me, so should I just send in a huge check for the amount, even though I don't have the billing sheet (because it doesn't give me the the amount information) and the last 2 members of my group not added, or should I wait until the thing is fixed? I don't want to pay an extra $10 just to wait because it's the online registrations fault for not letting me add 2 more people to my group and get the sheet done. I could've had it all done by March 1st if it weren't for the online problem. PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!!!! If anything, email me at Sumchikudunno520@aol.com so I can get it faster! Thankies!!!!!!!!!!!

~Chiyo~

Chiyo, if you PM me with your group code, I can help you with your group problems.

As for the badge name errors, I've looked at the programming and I can tell you that, unless you're doing something inappropriate to the form, it shouldn't come back with an error for the badge name. I'm not insinuating that any of you are, but I am reporting what I found in the code.
Eli "Rabbi" Morris-Heft: IRT Assistant Department Head
SecDiv Dispatch 2004, IRT Communications ADH 2005-06, IRT Dispatch Supervisor 2007-2010, IRT Dispatch Commander 2011, IRT ADH 2012-, IT Senior Sysadmin 2007-2011, ACen Clergy, 2004-

"Two-three the count with nobody on / He hit a high fly into the stands / Roundin' third, he was headed for home / It was a brown-eyed handsome man (that won the game) / It was a brown-eyed handsome man." (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man by Chuck Berry)

I <3 People Who <3 IRT!Want to help make IRT even better? Apply next year!

#58 User is offline   Tazmann92 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9850

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:17 PM

I dont know what my confirmation code is!!! can someone help me find mine out?

#59 User is offline   silent serenity 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9875

Posted 17 March 2007 - 04:45 PM

Okay, I have a question. I was registering last night and I went to pay with a credit card, but it said that the information for the card was invalid everytime I tried to use it (3 or 4 times). Then this morning, I check the bank account and it said that the transaction is pending. So, I'm confused. The card was accepted even though I kept recieving a message saying that the information was invalid?

#60 User is offline   Ashli-chan 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 3673

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:00 AM

Is paying by American Express not an option, because it's not listed in the drop down menu, yet it mentions it on the page.

EDIT: Nevermind, I ended up paying by Visa instead, but I still have a second question. How would I go about being refunded an overcharge? I ordered a 10th Anniversary Special Edition Pre-Registered badge to be mailed to me, but I was charged $51.50 instead of $46.50. As you already know, the deadline was extended. ^_^;

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users