• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Online Registration Issues! Anyone having problems/questions with online reg

#1 User is offline   Wasabi P 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 9030

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:13 PM

Ok I just pre-registered online. I was so excited I had my credit card out and everything. I was very confused to find that there was a form for my general information but other than that I was directed to an offline mail-in form to send payment. ??? What kind of online registration are we running? Can I wait for online payment which from reading the forums I gathered would be accepting Credit Cards at least. Or is this how MAPS intends on running "Online Registration". Please let me know, and thanks for all your hard work?

Wasabi P

#2 User is offline   Kitsu 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 9129

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:10 PM

@Wasabi: In your confirmation email, there's an addy that says for the next step which would include payment. If you're not in a group, I'd suggest looking there. It probably has credit card questions.
EDIT: Sorry, I just read a topic saying that online payment will be coming soon.

But I was have a question concerning payment. I'm the leader of a group, and I see that I'm in charge of sending out the money. I told everyone in the group that they'd each send me an MO and to make it out to Midwest Animation Promotion Society. Since I'm not done adding all the members, I couldn't check on the payment stub. Is it alright if I just send you guys individual MOs? They aren't made out to me, so I can't cash them and change them. Also, will the payment stub tell me who ordered a special badge/mail out badge so that I can tell individual members how much they'll need to give me? instead of just a lump sum of the total cost?
PeaceMaker Kurogane: Tetsunosuke {Shinsengumi} 100% done
Slayers TV: Lina Inverse 100% done
Saiyuki Reload/Gunlock: Hakkai 100%
Fruits Baskets: Ayame 100%

#3 User is offline   RaDragon76 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 5441

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:42 PM

This is quoted from another post in this forum and comes from the operations Section Chief.

DJOpM said:

Wait until you hear the official announcement about registration before using the application.

--------------------
Chris King
Operations Section Chief 2K7

Apparently they are only testing it to make sure that it's going to work properly but they won't be taking official registrations online until it's announced officially.

#4 User is offline   Wasabi P 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 9030

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:05 PM

View PostRaDragon76, on Feb 2 2007, 12:42 AM, said:

This is quoted from another post in this forum and comes from the operations Section Chief.

Apparently they are only testing it to make sure that it's going to work properly but they won't be taking official registrations online until it's announced officially.

Oh I'm sorry if I used it prematurely. I was notified via both an official email from ACEN that online reg was up, and also notified via my anime club group email. So it would seem that it was official or relatively so when I submitted my information. Further the online form didn't arbitrarily direct me to a payment form this form was clearly set up in advance which would lead me to believe at the very least it is a proper form for the submission of checks and money orders. I just mailed it in but I am also a web guy and it's not that hard to set up credit card transaction systems via third party providers it is a simple matter in fact and the charge is not so much. If anyone needs help with such an endeavor I would be glad to lend my services. I don't mean to be ungrateful it's just if I get an official "it's up!" email from everyone and their brother and it doesn't even have the capacity to process a cc transaction I am a little dissapointed. Good Luck, see you guys at ACEN 10!.

#5 User is offline   DJ OpM 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 616

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:31 PM

View PostWasabi P, on Feb 1 2007, 07:05 PM, said:

Oh I'm sorry if I used it prematurely. I was notified via both an official email from ACEN that online reg was up, and also notified via my anime club group email. So it would seem that it was official or relatively so when I submitted my information. Further the online form didn't arbitrarily direct me to a payment form this form was clearly set up in advance which would lead me to believe at the very least it is a proper form for the submission of checks and money orders. I just mailed it in but I am also a web guy and it's not that hard to set up credit card transaction systems via third party providers it is a simple matter in fact and the charge is not so much. If anyone needs help with such an endeavor I would be glad to lend my services. I don't mean to be ungrateful it's just if I get an official "it's up!" email from everyone and their brother and it doesn't even have the capacity to process a cc transaction I am a little dissapointed. Good Luck, see you guys at ACEN 10!.

Hey.... I just noticed that there was an official e-mail that I didn't know about. I will look into this and keep you posted.

Retired
Secretary 2K8, Operations Section Chief 2K7/IRT DH 2K5-2K6, IRT Staff Relations / TechOps ADH 2K4
AIM: DeeJayOPM, Y!IM: Dee_jay_opm
fchrisking at gmail

#6 User is offline   Hobbitguy1420 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6050

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:06 PM

This might just be a case of me being technostupid, but I've just created a registration group and I can't for the life of me figure out how to sign back into that group to (for example) see how many members are in the group or OK a member joining the group. I've tried following the instructions from the e-mail I recieved, with no luck.

A bit of help would be most appreciated.

Edit: Never mind, I figured out the problem. the link in the e-mail is the wrong link. It says "newgroup.php" when it should just say "group.php" for login. Figure you guys might need to know that.

HobbitGuy

#7 User is offline   Lady Tenkage 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8795

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:26 AM

I got that form, too. So, I'm gonna wait a little and see if they come up with a secure payment connection.
"Qua?"

Planned Cosplays;
Rydia Drake, FFIV (Custom Version)
Ayane, DOA Ultimate, C-1 (Purple Ninja)
Kage-Kanbu Shinobi Uniform
Additional Cosplay: Secret!!

Check out my cosplays! http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?memb...931&cat=500

#8 User is offline   DJ OpM 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:42 AM

Can someone send a copy of that "official e-mail" to opsecchief@gmail.com?

Retired
Secretary 2K8, Operations Section Chief 2K7/IRT DH 2K5-2K6, IRT Staff Relations / TechOps ADH 2K4
fchrisking at gmail

#9 User is offline   Dark Morford 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 7782

Posted 02 February 2007 - 11:58 AM

View PostDJ OpM, on Feb 2 2007, 03:42 PM, said:

Can someone send a copy of that "official e-mail" to opsecchief@gmail.com?

Sent.

#10 User is offline   Chibifaery 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 8986

Posted 03 February 2007 - 01:54 AM

I hit the same issue...and was a bit upset when I saw that online registration wasn't really that...yet. But I am sure they are working on getting the secured payment stuff up so we can use our credit card to pay for everything online like we did in previous years.

Patience....I can wait.

Thanks for looking into this for us people. XD ;)
What if the hokey-pokey is what it is all about?

#11 User is offline   slrphebos 

• Customer Service Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 974

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:58 AM

I haven't done it yet (don't have the cash grr I spent it not expecting pre-reg to be up), but does this mean that we can pre-reg but wait to send in our payment? Or is it up at the point where we can actually pay online?
~Ri-chan
ACen 2013-2014: Customer Service

2013 Cosplay: Team Aqua Grunt (100%), Fluttershy Sweet Lolita (95%)

#12 User is offline   NarumiKenshin 

• Exhibit Space
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9201

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:16 AM

hi hi Narumi-kun here, um I already pre-regged at Anime Reactor but i want my badge mailed to me and i want the commemorative(sp) 10th anniversary badge, how do i obtain those with out pre regging again?
Exhibit Space ADH - Exhibit Hall - 2012
Merchandising ADH - 2010, 2011
Sales Department Head - 2009
Convention Operations - 2008
Video Gaming Staff - 2007
Man's Greatest Fear is Mankind Itself
-Gendo Ikari-

#13 User is offline   psyco_chick32 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 1735

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:47 PM

*points above*
I join the confused people above.

So pre-reg online is open... but not open? Or half-open?

I want to make this easy for me, and easy for ACEN workers... so I don't understand. I recieved a message saying that I HAD pre-regged but I certainly haven't paid... should my husband and friends go ahead and half-pre-reg? And the wait until online payment goes up?

Honestly, I don't want to be rude. But I have to say that I have organized trips for over 200 people (class trips), organized my entire wedding alone (that was a trip all and in of itself, literally and figuratively) and paid for and signed up for dozens of things online, and this is the most brain-wracking, time-consuming, frustrating, and confusing process I have ever been through. :blink: :blink: :blink:

Is there any way that updates could be posted on the MAIN webpage? I just got into a 5 minute arguement over a first-time-goer friend of mine who insists that online reg is up and that she already paid. :huh:

Edit: I un-join the confused masses. After some great advice, I admit I was kind of whiny, and I thank the acen staff for taking the time out to help :)

#14 User is offline   BluMoonSakura 

• Staff Suite
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 6848

Posted 10 February 2007 - 12:36 PM

Okay... I feel reallly stupid for asking this but... is registration offically up? or do we still have to wait, because on the website it says its up...but then there are people telling me go ahead and there are people telling me don't do it... so...help?...please :unsure:
"IF all else fails, send in Heero Yuy...and then if that fails.....well lets not go there...."
ADH for Staff Services 2010
Proud Member of the 1xR Love is Bliss Ring
Cosplay for 2010: Card Captor Sakura: Kitty Battle Costume, Yuuko from Tsubasa, and Lacus Clyne from Gundam Seed
A Perfect Soldier and a Pacifist... A match made in Heaven.

"We found out that if you want to do something illegal, you call the police."-Adam from Mythbusters

#15 User is offline   wildcat83 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 8452

Posted 10 February 2007 - 05:22 PM

From what i was told, it is up and you register, then you send in the payment form, it has all the info needed including a confirmation number. i have done mines and my moms and sisters and we are sending ours in by check to pay for all three of us
Sqwee of The Glomp Team.
Join Now!!

ACEN '09 Cosplay
My Sister, Sammy Talon
Chopper from One Piece

Wildcat83
Ryo-ohki of Tenchi Muyo

#16 User is offline   Chibifaery 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 10 February 2007 - 11:33 PM

View PostBluMoonSakura, on Feb 10 2007, 06:36 PM, said:

Okay... I feel reallly stupid for asking this but... is registration offically up? or do we still have to wait, because on the website it says its up...but then there are people telling me go ahead and there are people telling me don't do it... so...help?...please :unsure:

You can register online but you can't pay online yet. So if you don't mind mailing in either a check or stuff you can do it that way. We unfortunately have to wait to be able to pay with a credit card online. Not sure on when they plan on opening that up. Last i read they where working on it to make sure all the secure stuff was working properly so you could use your credit card without fear of something bad happening.
I personally am going to probably wait until the first of march and if the pay with a credit card part isn't up online I am going to go ahead and mail my registration in. :blink:

#17 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 11 February 2007 - 04:51 AM

I believe a couple of years ago, Online Reg was the same as it is right now. I don't even remember a time where you could use a credit card, but I imagine there had been. But I do understand the quarrels your having with sending in money. But, hey... if you want to register with Tier 1, I'd do it quickly. =3

And I hope everything works out with registration all together and I can't wait for my confirmation email. *eee*
Possible Cosplays-
Takanashi Rikka - Chuunibyou (95% done)
Onoda Sakamichi - Yowamushi Pedal(90%)
Tokino - Lamento: Beyond the Void(75% done)

#18 User is offline   Chibifaery 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:28 PM

View PostCherry_Wolf, on Feb 11 2007, 10:51 AM, said:

I believe a couple of years ago, Online Reg was the same as it is right now. I don't even remember a time where you could use a credit card, but I imagine there had been. But I do understand the quarrels your having with sending in money. But, hey... if you want to register with Tier 1, I'd do it quickly. =3

And I hope everything works out with registration all together and I can't wait for my confirmation email. *eee*

Well the registration for tier one is open until March 10th. so we have a little bit of time left to wait for the credit card payment online. I am pretty sure as long as your mail is post marked by that day (which If I remember last year properly) you wouldn't have to worry about missing the tier one price.

#19 User is offline   lunaladyoflight 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Group: Lurker
  • Member No.: 9344

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:37 AM

Hey there,

I need to change my pre-reg address. How do I do this? o.O

~Luna

#20 User is offline   DJ OpM 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:42 AM

View Postlunaladyoflight, on Feb 13 2007, 11:37 AM, said:

Hey there,

I need to change my pre-reg address. How do I do this? o.O

~Luna

pm me with your badge name and the information that needs to be changed.

Retired
fchrisking at gmail

#21 User is offline   randy r 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 523

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:27 AM

View PostDJ OpM, on Feb 13 2007, 05:42 PM, said:

pm me with your badge name and the information that needs to be changed.

To slide off a little. Has there been any progress in getting the online payment set up? I've already preregged, but have waited for online payment.

I must say, reg this year has appeared to be one total cluster. And, this the year when everything should be the best, as it is ACen's 10th anniversary. With reg opening late, the confusion over online reg, and the non available online payment which was subtlely mention and promised, yet is non working... Will it ever get right before first tier reg closes?
randy

What, me worry?- Alfred E. Newman

#22 User is offline   DJ OpM 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:05 PM

View Postrandy r, on Feb 15 2007, 07:27 AM, said:

To slide off a little. Has there been any progress in getting the online payment set up? I've already preregged, but have waited for online payment.

I must say, reg this year has appeared to be one total cluster. And, this the year when everything should be the best, as it is ACen's 10th anniversary. With reg opening late, the confusion over online reg, and the non available online payment which was subtlely mention and promised, yet is non working... Will it ever get right before first tier reg closes?

Now that I am directly involved with the project, I am able to speak more accurately about what is going on behind the scenes.

We are installing the payment gateway, and we have a team of coders working on it. I would expect that this can be done by this weekend, but we have made our servers so secure that it's a challenge to try to pass the information necessary for payment, pass back the result code, and update the database at the same time. I would estimate it would take a few days.

Because of that, I am estimating that it will get done by this weekend at the earliest, Feb 24th at the latest.

I will keep you posted.

Retired
fchrisking at gmail

#23 User is offline   keitaro-849 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 9285

Posted 16 February 2007 - 01:26 PM

I sent in my pre-registration for Acen and it has my credit card info on it. Is the payment by credit card not ready yet? If so, can I send a check instead?

My confirmation code is:
Spoiler

If you wanna chat to me ;)
aim: keitaro849
msn: alan849@hotmail.com
yahoo: dejiko849
facebook: http://facebook.com/Dashy.of.harmony

#24 User is offline   Issa-ko 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 8329

Posted 17 February 2007 - 02:09 PM

I did online pre-reg, as well, but I sent in a check instead of credit card info. I'm sure the ACen staff are busy trying to fix whatever is going on with the online pre-reg but I'm getting a little antsy about why my check hasn't gone through. ^^; I'm doing my best to be patient but I just can't wait to get that confirmation email and my badge in the mail.
ACen '11!!
Summoner Yuna - Final Fantasy X

ACen 2011 Photos - Part 1
ACen 2011 Photos - Part 2

#25 User is offline   DJFLuFFKiNS 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 745

Posted 17 February 2007 - 07:14 PM

I'm asking jay about details right now, hopefully either he or I will be posting soon about it.
Sam Chen - Email me

ACen 2011 - Vice Chair
ACen 2008 - 2010 - Guest Relations - Assistant Section Chief (Industry Liaison in 2009, Programming Liaison in 2008)
ACen 2005 - 2007 - Panel Programming - Department Head (ADH in 2005)
ACen 2002 - 2005 - Live Programming - Staff

Follow me on Twitter: djfluffkins

#26 User is offline   stelu-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5841

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:02 PM

Hey, I can't get in to admin the group I made. It won't let me log in and it won't let me add my friend into it, any idea?
ACen 09: Tifa Lockhart (KHII, FFVII: AC/DoC ver.), Bianchi (Random... Casual... Whatever)

ACen 2010 Plans: Matsumoto Rangiku (Fuku-taichou), Emma (Season/Part One Maid Uniform),
Tifa Lockhart (KHII, FFVII: AC/DoC ver.), Tifa Lockhart (FFVII), Ireland (Original Hetalia)
I wish I could sew better, I could be making costumes ALL YEAR! DX

#27 User is offline   Fullmetalcrusade 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 2749

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:48 PM

OK i'm totally confused. in one thread it says to just mail it in because online payment prolly won't be up before first tier is over, now this one is sayin this weekend, or possibly next weekend. Is it close to being up, or should i mail in payment?

View PostFlyingElf, on Apr 21 2007, 10:26 PM, said:

Reactor doesnt' count as a con. Reactor is an experiment in how bad a group of otaku can destroy a hotel given 3 days...

#28 User is offline   ChibiSamuraiX 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 4760

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:37 PM

Ok I'm am having a weird problem. I got myself and 7 others registered yesterday as a group. I have more people who will register with us but they're taking their time getting me their info ><. Anyways, I had 2 people register and they tried to join our group but got a message that the group does not exist. Just now I tried loging into the page that allows me to view the current members but it wouldn't work. I have no idea what is wrong. Please help meh T_T
Blarg!

#29 User is offline   Lara121 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 3784

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:42 AM

Ok, this is probably a silly question but I pre-regestered. Does that mean I'll get a three-day pass?

#30 User is offline   daakudoragon 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 5343

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:56 AM

View PostLara121, on Feb 20 2007, 08:42 AM, said:

Ok, this is probably a silly question but I pre-regestered. Does that mean I'll get a three-day pass?

Yes. Once you've paid of course. ;)

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users