Anime Central Forums: Hotel tele anime shows - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Hotel tele anime shows Is there a way to have the Hyatt either get some channel with anime on

#1 User is offline   trythisoutchiki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip
  • Group: Regular
  • Member No.: 6244

Post icon  Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:05 PM

I was wondering if there was a way at all to get the Hyatt to have Anime Network or another channel that shows anime like Cartoon Network? Last year it was kinda bothersome, after all we are there because we love anime. And when we were stuck in the room we couldn't find anything to watch....so we ended up settleing for Paintball wars on the tele and then a Batman movie *sure it has ANIMATION in it but it's still not anime ^_^'*
Any bit of enlightment on this would be wonderful.
Thanks a bunch,
Eby
Gothic and Lolita handbook
PROUD MEMBER OF THE SPAM SQUAD!! Eliminated (1)

#2 User is offline   opimus.rm 

• Sempai
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Sempai
  • Member No.: 28

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:55 PM

It's the up to the hotel to decide what channels are shown on it's tvs. I suggest you bring a dvd player or pc if you want to watch anime in your room.
I'm just a Mazinger in a rock and roll band!

#3 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator
  • Member No.: 1495

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:21 PM

Thats what we did last year. Not all hotels will provide you with every channel. Bring a DVD player or some gaming console with you and just have fun.
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:
MST3k Mike Nelson & Crow-Friday
Team Fortress 2 Medic-Saturday

#4 User is offline   trythisoutchiki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:46 PM

Makes sense. Thanks a bunch. ^_^

#5 User is offline   GeneralNacho 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 7460

Posted 05 February 2007 - 04:37 PM

You're sure the hotel doesn't have Cartoon Network? That's usually a channel that most hotels have. In fact, I've never been to a hotel that didn't have it...even some of the worst hotels out there.

Oh well, I guess like everybody else said it's best to bring your own DVD player. Don't forget that the con is going on all night too, you can always go downstairs and do something. They usually air anime throughout the night in the programming rooms.

#6 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:14 PM

View PostGeneralNacho, on Feb 5 2007, 10:37 PM, said:

You're sure the hotel doesn't have Cartoon Network? That's usually a channel that most hotels have. In fact, I've never been to a hotel that didn't have it...even some of the worst hotels out there.

Oh well, I guess like everybody else said it's best to bring your own DVD player. Don't forget that the con is going on all night too, you can always go downstairs and do something. They usually air anime throughout the night in the programming rooms.

Oh yeah. The Hyatt NEVER had cartoon network there. But Its ok because ill be doing stuff at the con anyway since there will be TONS of programming to view!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#7 User is offline   GeneralNacho 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 05 February 2007 - 06:06 PM

That's a bummer. Last year I was at the Hilton and I was able to watch Cowboy Bebop on Saturday Night, now I won't be able to. (Then again, Bebop currently isn't on Saturday anyways.) I guess I'll just have to tape my shows. Since we booked the Hyatt this year I'll try to keep myself entertained, I'm planning on making it to a bunch of stuff. There's so many great activities planned at night!

#8 User is offline   excel excel 

• Panel Programming <3
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 February 2007 - 06:13 PM

Oh yeah trust me! As a congoer for 10 years I try and tell everyone not to miss anime hell or midnight madness! It its by the the best to see on friday night!
ACen 2013 Cosplay Plans:

#9 User is offline   GeneralNacho 

• Regular
  • PipPip

Posted 05 February 2007 - 06:16 PM

I happened to make it to Anime Hell at another con and it was pretty good. I had seen most of the clips already but it's still funny. I missed Midnight Madness though because Anime Hell started a lot later than it should have and I was hungry and a little cranky. ;) I intend to see it this year. Hopefully there will be some new stuff for me. Then there's the dances too, I've heard those are great. I can't wait for ACEN.

#10 User is offline   ito 

• Bigfoot
  • Pip
  • Group: Bigfoot
  • Member No.: 6025

Posted 06 February 2007 - 06:48 PM

Just a question, but why the heck were you spending your time in your room?! :huh:
lol

#11 User is offline   trythisoutchiki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:07 PM

View Postito, on Feb 7 2007, 12:48 AM, said:

Just a question, but why the heck were you spending your time in your room?! :huh:
lol

We arrive the day before it starts so we have nothing better to do. ^_^'

#12 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:47 PM

You have nothing better to do in one of the best cities in the whole world!!!!?

Try takeing the train downtown and go window shopping, or to Navy Peir, or go out to the asin market, or go hit one of the many malls around- like Woodfeild Mall. You don't have to buy anything, just get out and have some fun!!!!!!

There are plenty of things to do in Chicago while you are in town.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#13 User is offline   Stuckonharuko 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9000

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:52 PM

View Postsammy-45, on Feb 9 2007, 03:47 AM, said:

You have nothing better to do in one of the best cities in the whole world!!!!?

Try takeing the train downtown and go window shopping, or to Navy Peir, or go out to the asin market, or go hit one of the many malls around- like Woodfeild Mall. You don't have to buy anything, just get out and have some fun!!!!!!

There are plenty of things to do in Chicago while you are in town.

I agree. my friends and i are making plans to do other things the day before the con. museums etc.
When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly. But now Haruko is here. That's how I know there really is a world outside.

My Member number is what? 9,000!!!!!

#14 User is offline   trythisoutchiki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:49 PM

Lol, last year was my first time out of my home town. So I didn't know there was actual STUFF to do. ^_^' What are you suggestions, and ....omg a total newb question. How does one work the train? Never been on one before either ^_^'

#15 User is offline   Matt 

• Registration Staff
  • PipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 1225

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:15 PM

This thread reminded me that the Ramada Plaza O'Hare had an anime channel for the congoers back in
1999 :) . I think it was subtitled, too, but I'm not sure. I don't think that Anime Central showed as much
anime back then, though. So, I recommend watching anime in the video rooms, or bringing along a
DVD player or video game system that can play DVDs.
:heart: <span style='color:Magenta'>Proud Secretary of the Plushy Guardian Alliance</span> :heart:

:heart: <span style='color:Blue'>Soldier in The Glomp Team </span> :heart:

<span style='color:DarkSlateBlue'>Member of the Anime Central Association for the Advancement of Bunnykind</span>

#16 User is offline   tfcreate 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 115

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:25 PM

For you goth types, there are TONS of places to take pictures.... Start at the Museum campus, and work your way north.
TFC
Decide on your masters, people, for you cannot serve both. Either be an anime con or be a 3-day frat party. (I'm Done with ACen.)
Those who can't be bothered with the little things can't be trusted with the big ones.... ~Larry Bell-Founder of the Bell Aircraft Co.
Any fool can learn from his own mistakes. The wise learn from the mistakes of others....~ Democritus
Posers worry about how they look when they take pictures, shooters worry about the how you look when they shoot.
ACen and cosplay photos
How I Spent ACen 04' Making these.....
(2012)
Next Photoshoot~ Anime Iowa

#17 User is offline   Spike.760 

• Regular
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 9522

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:24 AM

The hotel I had last year had Cartoon Network, my girlfrend and I watched Naruto, Ghost and the Shell: SAC and I think Robobobobo w/e was on too. But I know we didn't stay at the Hyatt because it was definately booked for a long time.
Tainted World
My Japanese Rock Community.

MySpace | Last.FM | Band's MySpace

#18 User is offline   MBluesummers 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 3768

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:28 PM

I hope they have some manner of anime playing late at night via Adult Swim. I tend tog et to sleep faster when i watch soemthgn befor enodding off, and for all we know, I have to cram as much sleep in as I can with getting up early and staying up late.

Anime shows are a bonus and not needed but they are good bonus at that.

#19 User is offline   KnitChick 

• ACen Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: ACen Staff
  • Member No.: 9629

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:53 AM

View Posttrythisoutchiki, on Feb 12 2007, 10:49 PM, said:

Lol, last year was my first time out of my home town. So I didn't know there was actual STUFF to do. ^_^' What are you suggestions, and ....omg a total newb question. How does one work the train? Never been on one before either ^_^'

Man I wish I hadn't lost my CTA paper in a computer crash, I'd have something to show you!

CTA is quite easy. The hard part is deciding where you want to go. Maybe I should put together a tourism page for people :D I certainly never tire of telling people what great stuff there is to do around here!

Anything particular you'd be interested in seeing/doing? Ask and I shall give directions! ;)

~Mary Jo~
(the CTA queen)
Special Needs and Compliance staff for ACen! Come see us in the Hyatt Grand Boardroom!!
ACen 2015: Kumon Kaito (Kamen Rider Gaim), Ian Yorkland (Kyoryuger, Rowdy Roddy Piper
Wizard World 2015 (big maybe): Jemma Simmons
Youmacon 2015: Nightcrawler (tentative), Ian Yorkland

Member of Team GEEK for the Norridge/Harwood Heights Relay for Life! Please join us or donate!
Ninja on the Glomp Team! Member of the Crossplay Alliance! / My cosplay / My pictures! (Flickr)
Resident Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, Firefly, Quantum Leap, Transformers, Harry Potter, Highlander, Girl Genius, Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and Nerima Daikon Brothers obsessor!

#20 User is offline   trythisoutchiki 

• Veteran
  • PipPip

Post icon  Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:48 PM

View PostKnitChick, on Mar 14 2007, 06:53 AM, said:

Man I wish I hadn't lost my CTA paper in a computer crash, I'd have something to show you!

CTA is quite easy. The hard part is deciding where you want to go. Maybe I should put together a tourism page for people :D I certainly never tire of telling people what great stuff there is to do around here!

Anything particular you'd be interested in seeing/doing? Ask and I shall give directions! ;)

~Mary Jo~
(the CTA queen)

Obviously ghost/haunted areas, for starters XD, but also good food. And great places to hang out aside from the Hyatt. Possibly that there asian area I've heard so much about.

#21 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 16 March 2007 - 01:02 PM

Some fun things that me and my friends have done in Chicago include, but are not limited to:

1) Trip to Mitsuwa (the all asian foodstore, complete with Japanese book store! They also have multitudes of manga all in Japanese)
2) Trip to JTAG. (Japanese Toys and Gifts) They have some pretty neat things, and my friend got her Japanese version of Shounen Jump All Stars there.
3) Trip to Woodfield Mall. Actually, we just went there to eat at Ruby Tuesdays. ^_^
4) Trip to Sakura Restaurant. This place is amazing. The food is to die for, but slightly pricey. Think about $20 per person.
5) About three stores down from Sakura is a video store, and we have too much fun laughing at the fact that there was more pron there than actual movies. It's more fun if you're over 18 and can see the hilarity of the situation. XD
6) Brookfield Zoo is always fun, but the place is huge. It might be a trip you'd want to save for another time, considering the Zoo would be an all day trip, and that would take you away from the con~~

As for using the Metro, I haven't used it myself, so I wouldn't know the first bit of advice to give you. :( Sorry! I think our group will most likely be staying around the hotel, minus our wayward adventures to Mitsuwa, JTAG, and Sakura.

The dealers room looks like it's going to eat all of our money again. XD
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users