Anime Central Forums: UPDATE-1/8/07: What the h@!! is going on with ACen? :) - Anime Central Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

UPDATE-1/8/07: What the h@!! is going on with ACen? :)

#61 User is offline   Laughncat 

• Pip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 9032

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:14 PM

I have a few questions, if the mods don't mind?

1.) Does ACEN offer an art show in addition to the Artist Alley?

2.) When will the info for the Artist Alley become available?

Thank you. =^_^=
Tinker-yama Studios
www.tinkeryama.com

#62 User is offline   Zrana 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 355

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:23 AM

THis is more about the special 10th anniversary badge.

I pre-regged at Ohayocon, but as I was on my last bit of cash and was having issues with my bank card, I couldn't afford to get the special badge.

Although I have already preregged, will their be a way to upgrade from a normal badge to the special one?
2009 cosplay Guide:
Simon (kid) from Gurren Lagann
Larxene from Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

#63 User is offline   stelu-chan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 5841

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:13 AM

I'd like to know if you have to 18 to be able to reserve a hotel room. *blinks* If they still exist, that is. o_o;
ACen 09: Tifa Lockhart (KHII, FFVII: AC/DoC ver.), Bianchi (Random... Casual... Whatever)

ACen 2010 Plans: Matsumoto Rangiku (Fuku-taichou), Emma (Season/Part One Maid Uniform),
Tifa Lockhart (KHII, FFVII: AC/DoC ver.), Tifa Lockhart (FFVII), Ireland (Original Hetalia)
I wish I could sew better, I could be making costumes ALL YEAR! DX

#64 User is offline   dchan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1155

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:05 PM

Zrana said:

Although I have already preregged, will their be a way to upgrade from a normal badge to the special one?

It was stated on one of the other threads that you'll be able to upgrade to a 10th Anniv badge & choose the mail option.

#65 User is offline   Alysia 

• MAPS Director
  • PipPip
  • Group: MAPS Board
  • Member No.: 237

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:08 PM

Laughncat said:

I have a few questions, if the mods don't mind?

1.) Does ACEN offer an art show in addition to the Artist Alley?

2.) When will the info for the Artist Alley become available?  

Thank you. =^_^=

Yes we do!
A lot of the info is on the new site, which should be appearing for you soon as the DNS repopulates. you can also ask in the Artist Alley section of the forums, under programming.

#66 User is offline   ayukoibito 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 7480

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:26 PM

I appreciate the updates and the questions answered (I had similar Qs) but it's horrible that you guys made so many changes (and that the Hyatt remod isnt helping! grrrr) so quickly and now I am personally confused and head is aching.

My boyfriend registered himself and me at Reactor. They told him badges would be mailed this year, I kinda assumed it would become law, and not an option with extra charge. :P And I like the idea of a LE badge, so I am assuming that once you guys get people-who-have-already-registered's info into your system, you will then have on the new site the two extra options (mailing/special badge) available. So how will PAYING for chosing one or two work? Im not too clear on that, sorry!!!!! :sweatdrop

Sooo much info o.O;;;;;;;;;;; I guess the only things I am concerned about are getting the badges and the hotel info. I hope they remodel it good, for having raised the rates >.:mad:

#67 User is offline   dchan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 1155

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:34 PM

ayukoibito said:

And I suppose that credit card is the absolute ONLY way to pay for a room right? I have personally never done so and Hyatt never responded and nowhere does it say it bluntly. How in convenient :mad:

Rooms at hotel are generally secured by Credit Card so you don't just make a reservation and then stiff them by not showing up/paying.

The deposit for the Hyatt is due on the 19th of April.

I believe you can make alternative arrangements to pay via cash/etc. but you should call and talk to someone at the hotel to see what their policies are regarding this.

#68 User is offline   Soshen 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 5134

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:04 PM

Z0MG!!! NEW WEBSITE 1337N355!!!!!

It turned out fantastic! Now all we need is the online prereg and we can all be one big, happy ACEN family! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

mwahahahahaz.
I AM THE HEAD OF THE NEKOBOY ALLIANCE INTELLIGENCE AGENCY!! X3 I r b smart. :P

COSPLAY LIST FOR 2008!
1. Taichi Yagami (Tai) from Digimon Adventure (first season) (Progress: 100%)
2. L from Deathnote (Progress: 100%)
3. Shadow the Hedgehog from the game Shadow the Hedgehog (Progress: 78%)
4. Nex from Bomb the Town (anyone wanna be Blurgas?)
5. (this one is a maybe) Little Jimmy Urine from the band Mindless Self Indulgence

ACEN 2007 pictures

Acen 2006 Pictures

My YouTube account!

#69 User is offline   Alysia 

• MAPS Director
  • PipPip

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:26 PM

Soshen said:

Z0MG!!! NEW WEBSITE 1337N355!!!!!

It turned out fantastic! Now all we need is the online prereg and we can all be one big, happy ACEN family! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!

mwahahahahaz.

I AM VINDICATED!
Seriously, the first person to pm me the significance of the front page quote to the design gets cookies at the con. :)

#70 User is offline   Harrison Bergeron 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 666

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:05 PM

And I don't count, do I?

:P
"Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur... goes a Latin proverb. The world wants to be deceived...So let it be deceived."
"If someone stands in the way of true justice, you simply walk up behind them and stab them in the heart."
Henri Ducard (Ras Al Ghul)- Batman Begins
"It is pleasant at times to play the madman..."
Seneca- Roman Dramatist, Philosopher, & Politician
"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence."
Mahatma Gandhi (1869 - 1948)
Nothing is true. All is permissible."
Hassan I Sabbah- Lord and leader of the Assassins Cult

#71 User is offline   chii2626 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 7043

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:06 PM

i agree i saw it last night
its amazing
i read every single thing on the site
and ive never done that before
*smiles*
i just cant wait till it get updated again so i can read more about
and plus pre reg and see what the message bordes and forms look like once they get updated to 2007 acen
thanks so much u guys the site looks amazing and sorry for being so pushie about it for the past few months
just have pre reg going soon and we will all have the party under way
*dances*
My name is Rin and I'm hoping to make this Acen extra special cuz......IT'S MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND THIS YEAR AT ACEN!
~COSPLAY~
I am hoping to do Mari from Evangelion-But I need major cosplay help/advice!
Chii- I have been cosplaying chii for the past 7 years this will be my 8th. and a new outfit for chii from the manga every year. I have about 6 different outfits of chiis now.
Also for the ACEN SOUP BUBBLE/DAY COSPLAY NOW! I'm a RED/BLACK CYBER GOTH if u see a girl with red and black hair and added dreads and fuzzy red n black combat boots and a black nurse mask with a red cross on it, its more than likly me with the Chii name on her badge come say hi to me and lets dance!!!
If you wanna add me on Facebook PM me. Aim- X2xDarkAngelx6X Xbox gamertag- X2xRinx6X

#72 User is offline   keitaro849 

• Lurker
  • Pip
  • Member No.: 78

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:22 PM

chii2626 said:

i agree i saw it last night
its amazing
i read every single thing on the site
and ive never done that before
*smiles*
i just cant wait till it get updated again so i can read more about
and plus pre reg and see what the message bordes and forms look like once they get updated to 2007 acen
thanks so much u guys the site looks amazing and sorry for being so pushie about it for the past few months
just have pre reg going soon and we will all have the party under way
*dances*

so do you have the bakery outfit for chii?

#73 User is offline   Alysia 

• MAPS Director
  • PipPip

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:31 PM

GrammatonCleric said:

And I don't count, do I?

:P

Nah, but you have a route towards cookies anyways, since you know where I live. And candy with liquor in it. ;)

#74 User is offline   chii2626 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:03 AM

keitaro849 said:

so do you have the bakery outfit for chii?

yea i only have half of that one
its taking a lot more work than i thought so i thought id wear a different one this year
the pink and white dress
and save the bakery one for next year but it depends if i get it finished in time.
My name is Rin and I'm hoping to make this Acen extra special cuz......IT'S MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND THIS YEAR AT ACEN!
~COSPLAY~
Chii- I have been cosplaying chii for the past 7 years this will be my 8th. and a new outfit for chii from the manga every year. I have about 6 different outfits of chiis now.
Also for the ACEN SOUP BUBBLE/DAY COSPLAY NOW! I'm a RED/BLACK CYBER GOTH if u see a girl with red and black hair and added dreads and fuzzy red n black combat boots and a black nurse mask with a red cross on it, its more than likly me with the Chii name on her badge come say hi to me and lets dance!!!
If you wanna add me on Facebook PM me. Aim- X2xDarkAngelx6X Xbox gamertag- X2xRinx6X

#75 User is offline   keitaro849 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:55 PM

chii2626 said:

yea i only have half of that one  
its taking a lot more work than i thought so i thought id wear a different one this year
the pink and white dress  
and save the bakery one for next year but it depends if i get it finished in time.

ohh cool i'm making a crossplay of chii

#76 User is offline   chii2626 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:36 PM

a what? crossplay?
whats that?
~COSPLAY~

#77 User is offline   keitaro849 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:02 PM

chii2626 said:

a what? crossplay?
whats that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossplay

#78 User is offline   chii2626 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:27 PM

oh then i wish u had just said cosplay
then i would have known what u were talking about
~COSPLAY~

#79 User is offline   chii2626 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:29 PM

oh a guy dressing as a girl anime person
i get it lol sry a little slow
which outfit of chii's are u doing?
~COSPLAY~

#80 User is offline   keitaro849 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:59 PM

chii2626 said:

oh a guy dressing as a girl anime person
i get it lol sry a little slow
which outfit of chii's are u doing?

bakery chii

#81 User is offline   chii2626 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:55 AM

aw cute
id love to see it!!!
~COSPLAY~

#82 User is offline   patepat 

• Pip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 8630

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:14 AM

Does anyone know when the online registration will be open? Also, in the past I heard that children 12 and under were free - how do we register them for the convention or do they just tag along on our registration?

Thanks for the info!

Patty M

#83 User is offline   keitaro849 

• Lurker
  • Pip

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:42 PM

chii2626 said:

aw cute
id love to see it!!!

hehee thanks ^_^ maybe you can come to my get together. its at the fountain near the video programming room on saturday, noon. I'm also cosplaying dejiko.

#84 User is offline   Sayuri-chan 

• Addict
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Addict
  • Member No.: 3228

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:25 PM

patepat said:

Does anyone know when the online registration will be open?   Also, in the past I heard that children 12 and under were free - how do we register them for the convention or do they just tag along on our registration?

Thanks for the info!

Patty M

There *should* be a specific set up that allows you to register children twelve and under with the online form. I know that the offline registration form doesn't have any specific box or anything to check to notify registration that you are registering a child, but just make a note of it and I'm sure it will be fine. The only restriction is that only two children can be registered for free per one adult paid registration, at least, that's what it has been in the past. In regards to when online registration is up, I would just keep looking back in. It should be up soon. :)

I hope this helps!
Kristen--
♥ ACen REG STAFF: 2005-2008 ♥
♥ Persona owns my soul. Proud to be a member of the UYFA! Proud Supporter of the I.R.T.!
"The Chumps" are back to entertain and amuse. Come join us Friday, in Panel Room 4 from 12:30-2:45pm, and Saturday/Sunday in Panel Room 12, from 12:45-3:15a.
Cosplay for 2014 ACen:|Skull Kid--LOZ: Majora's Mask/0% complete|||Genkai-Yuu Yuu Hakusho/100% complete|||Sir Integra Fairbrook Wingates Hellsing-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Ver./75% complete
Current quote: "Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still...Costumes, I need to do that still..."
Current blurb: はい、少し日本語を話します。たのしすぎる! ♪♫♪♫音楽が大好き!♪♫♪♫

#85 User is offline   chii2626 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:51 PM

keitaro849 said:

hehee thanks ^_^ maybe you can come to my get together. its at the fountain near the video programming room on saturday, noon. I'm also cosplaying dejiko.

um sure i can try if i remember
~COSPLAY~

#86 User is offline   sentinel28a 

• Mad Irishman
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Obsessed
  • Member No.: 1435

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:03 PM

View Poststelu-chan, on Jan 16 2007, 05:13 PM, said:

I'd like to know if you have to 18 to be able to reserve a hotel room. *blinks* If they still exist, that is. o_o;

If Illinois works anything like up here in Montana, you have to be 21 to reserve a hotel room. The reason why is you have to be of legal age to drink. Anybody can be in a room, but the person who has the room under their name has to be over 21.

Last I heard, rooms are still open...I got mine three days ago, and the reservationist had no trouble getting exactly the kind of room I wanted (two beds, nonsmoking). Two years ago, I made my reservation as late as March 1, but I wouldn't wait that long (got stuck with a single king bed smoking).

Ben Da Mad Irishman
"Oh, and I LOVE the new site!"
See my art. Love it. Hug it. http://sentinel28a.d...art.com/gallery
Read my fanfiction. NOW. You'll thank me later.
First Place, Yahoo ACen League, 2006
First Place, NFL.com Otaku Amefuto League, 2012

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
BEAR CAV!

#87 User is offline   sammy-45 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Newbie
  • Member No.: 42

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:15 PM

View Postkeitaro849, on Jan 18 2007, 07:42 PM, said:

Uhmm Just so you know the Hyatt is being remolded. One of the things going is the pool!!! Which might mean no fountain. Also I know that video programming would like to move back to the Rosemont Ballroom area this year-which is on the other side of the hotel from where the fountain once stood.

Once we know more of the layout we will let you know of some good landmarks to get people together at for photoshoots.
Staff from 2003 to 2010. Currently Retired.

Blessed are the cracked:
for it is they who let in the light!

Go Cubs!!!!GO BEARS!!!!

#88 User is offline   Cherry_Wolf 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Sage
  • Member No.: 2860

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:49 AM

View Postsentinel28a, on Feb 2 2007, 04:03 AM, said:

If Illinois works anything like up here in Montana, you have to be 21 to reserve a hotel room. The reason why is you have to be of legal age to drink. Anybody can be in a room, but the person who has the room under their name has to be over 21.

I was 18 last year and the room was under my name. I was able to get the room and everything. My mother is the one who reserves, but she puts it under my name. So... I dunno. I had no issues last year, so I think you have to be 18 or older.
Possible 2015 Cosplays- TBA
Thursday-
Friday- Gon Freecs(HunterxHunter) - 0%
Saturday- Shimizu Kiyoko(Haikyuu!!) - 0%
Sunday-

#89 User is offline   Jester9113 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 496

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:14 AM

Still no news on getting con rates for the Hyatts neighboring hotels?

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users