Anime Central Forums: Any cheap hotels around the Hyatt/Convention Center? - Anime Central Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Any cheap hotels around the Hyatt/Convention Center?

#1 User is offline   JNOtaku 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Purge for Inactivity
  • Member No.: 913

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:52 AM

I was just wondering, is there any cheap hotels within a mile of the Hyatt (or that have shuttle buses to the Hyatt/Donald E. Stephens Convention Center)? I wouldn't be looking for much - if it has a bed and a bathroom, I'm fine!

JNOtaku
"Why don't you all fade away
And don't try to dig what we all say
I'm not trying to cause a big sensation
I'm just talkin' 'bout my generation" (The Who)
The Otaku Generation: Predicted 30 years earlier! Fight OTAKING!

A soldier of the Glomp Team! Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate, and the ACEN Yakuza! :D My Webpage! My Myspace! My MAL profile!
Forum Daimyo as of 7/21/2005!!! :) Forum Elite (1337) as of 7/19/2006! :D :D :D

#2 User is offline   dchan 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Group: Ace
  • Member No.: 1155

Posted 03 January 2007 - 11:10 AM

I don't know if I'd consider any hotels to be "cheap", but here's the w/in 1-mile line-up per yellowpages.com, as well as the high & low prices for 1 room at single occupancy per night as of today for each of the hotels listed according to their own respective websites.

Hyatt Regency O'Hare - CONVENTION HOTEL
SKYWALK to CONVENTION CENTER
General Rooms SOLD OUT - Convention Room Block RATE NOT YET AVAILABLE

Hotel Sofitel O'Hare
129.00-269.00

Embassy Suites O'Hare Rosemont
General Rooms SOLD OUT (I'm assuming that this is the main hotel being used by people attending the Vision Expo in the other part of the Convention Center during the same weekend)

Doubtletree Hotel
152.15-219.00

Crowne Plaza
134.00-249.00

Westin Hotels of Chicago
149.00-199.00

Marriot Hotels
129.00-359.00

Hyatt Rosemont
129.00-199.00

O'Hare Hilton
159.00-204.00

Twelve Oaks Suites at O'Hare
I couldn't find a website for them, and they're rather "on the outskirts" of the list anyways (One Venue > 1 mile > Other Venue) so I didn't bother calling them.

#3 User is offline   pamelaNeko 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 38

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:50 PM

The Hyatt Regency is not sold out yet. As of today, standard rooms are available at the rate of $259/night.
A is A.

#4 User is offline   szwrld 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 8938

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:20 PM

If you look around the area, you can find cheaper hotels & motels. But just as a suggestion, i'd take one that you can walk to. I stayed at a hotel about a mile away & walked there two or three times a day. Not cool.
Ohh & I stayed at a motel about two years ago... but my friends & I never realized that the motel pretty much looked like a place where politicians bring their *****s. It was pretty funny... considering we cosplayed as CHAM from perfect blue too.
So, just a friendly suggestion: stay close. Its waaay better in the long run.

#5 User is offline   dchan 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:49 PM

pamelaNeko said:

The Hyatt Regency is not sold out yet. As of today, standard rooms are available at the rate of $259/night.

I know someone that called and was told that regular (non-convention block) rooms are sold out. This could just be a counter clerk being stupid, but that's what they said.

It also showed them as booked up on their website when I checked earlier today.

#6 User is offline   Jeanne 

• Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Member No.: 1629

Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:15 PM

dchan said:

Twelve Oaks Suites at O'Hare
I couldn't find a website for them, and they're rather "on the outskirts" of the list anyways (One Venue > 1 mile > Other Venue) so I didn't bother calling them.

Another one that's "on the outskirts" is that Super-8 or Motel-6 or whatever it is that's next to the Dennys on River Road about a mile south of the convention center. I know quite a few people have stayed there.

#7 User is offline   JNOtaku 

• Sage
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Member No.: 913

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:10 AM

Jeanne said:

Another one that's "on the outskirts" is that Super-8 or Motel-6 or whatever it is that's next to the Dennys on River Road about a mile south of the convention center. I know quite a few people have stayed there.

Yeah, if I can't find anyone to room with (who is in my college anime club), then I might go to either the Motel 6 or the Super 8 in the area. Both have airport shuttles, so there should be no problem getting to the Hyatt if it's too far to walk. (Hotel -> Hotel Shuttle -> Airport -> Hyatt Shuttle -> Hyatt -> ACEN 2007!)

JNOtaku
"Why don't you all fade away
And don't try to dig what we all say
I'm not trying to cause a big sensation
I'm just talkin' 'bout my generation" (The Who)
The Otaku Generation: Predicted 30 years earlier! Fight OTAKING!

A soldier of the Glomp Team! Member of the Shy Otaku Syndicate, and the ACEN Yakuza! :D My Webpage! My Myspace! My MAL profile!
Forum Daimyo as of 7/21/2005!!! :) Forum Elite (1337) as of 7/19/2006! :D :D :D

#8 User is offline   stalking_sorrow 

• Ace
  • PipPip
  • Member No.: 8482

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:19 AM

There are other hotels but I'm content with the Hyatt. I called yesterday and they told me that there were still rooms availble in the convention block for us ACEN peeps.

I was told that the only rooms open were guest rooms and all the suites were taken. It would be $139 per night and the cut off date is April 19th, also thats when they take out a direct deposit for the room, which is $157.07

So its not sold out yet but why hasn't anyone releashed the room rates yet? I heard that the rate had increased from last years. It was 127 a night last year and now its 139.
ACEN 2006-
Black and white Lolita with black angel wings

ACEN 2007-
Original J-Rock cosplay
Gothic Lolita
Hinata Hyuuga from Naruto

ACEN 2008-
Hinata Hyuuga from Naruto 100% YATTA!
9th Division vice captain Hisagi Shuuhei from Bleach 100%
Kisaki of Phantasmagoria 100% Prepare For A Hot Guy In A Dress!
Rei of Lullaby Dementia (original J-rock cosplay)100%

ACEN 2009-
kisaki of Phantasmagoria (already complete^^)
Crystal Rei of Lullaby Dementia (original J-rock cosplay) 0%
Suigintou from Rozen Maiden

Proud member of the SOS

#9 User is offline   dchan 

• Ace
  • PipPip

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:18 AM

stalking_sorrow said:

So its not sold out yet but why hasn't anyone releashed the room rates yet? I heard that the rate had increased from last years. It was 127 a night last year and now its 139.

Sure they have, you just have to be at the right convention in the right state at the right time. =P

#10 User is offline   Imbrium Studios 

• Pip
  • Member No.: 39

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:01 PM

dchan said:

I know someone that called and was told that regular (non-convention block) rooms are sold out.  This could just be a counter clerk being stupid, but that's what they said.

It also showed them as booked up on their website when I checked earlier today.

The hotel website will always show them as booked up cause technically they are. Conventions hold large block of rooms, depending on the contract possibly the entire hotel. Hence those rooms are "unavailable" to the general public. So the website would read as the hotel is booked solid. You must therefore call the hotel directly and ask for in house reservations. Then make sure you tell them you will be staying at the hotel for Anime Central once you have told them the dates you are staying. They will probably ask if you are staying there for any reason in particular anyways though.

I have found this info through going to faaar too many conventions (including every Acen there has been). Plus I called earlier today (1-8-2007 11:00am) and changed my reservation to the con rate of 139 a night.
Yad M. Mui
Imbrium Studios
http://www.imbriumstudios.com

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users